4-Z-Skillz! The TeeWee Awards!

• Thread starter DeletedUser4587
  • Start date

DeletedUser4587

:icon_rolleyes:

We know that only one person can be #1 in the TW rankings, so as the world comes to an end I decided that it is time to do something that recognizes the successes of the others. I parsed the stats of the top 10 in the world to rank each on certain criteria so that that we can recognize the strengths and failures of other high ranking players. Of course there many exemplary players that are not in the top 10, but I am too lazy to go through every player ;)

I picked 10 categories to rank the top 10 in. I grabbed all of their stats from TW stats at the same time to do so. I recognize that maybe I should have done this earlier, since the end of the world brings out abnormal behavior (such as an uncharacteristically epic amount barb munching... ya know... like me...), but oh well, whatever.

I also recognize that since I am in the top 10 that I could add bias to the results in my favor in some way. I promise that I didn't, and I in fact started out in this venture expecting that I don't look so good. I will provide a dropbox to the excel sheet I used if anybody cares to vet my data.

When going through the data, I made sure to look at the player in each tribe they are in, not just the tribe they are currently in. Meaning if they capped a village from a tribe they were currently in, I counted it. I was pretty thorough about that. I counted internals and self caps separately.

The awards are:

Barbs Less than 3,000 points capped
[spoil]I picked, based on my opinion, 3,000 points as the line where a barbarian village is useless to cap, and better to farm. It is expected that in the top 10 that players will only strategically take these villages for relocation purposes, but a high number of these would imply a player is playing tribal hugs instead of tribal wars. The player with the lowest percent of little barbs capped vs total caps gets the award.

The "Farm Saver" Award goes to:
saints311 with 0.00% of conquers

The "Farm Killer" Award goes to:
Abductor with 5.03% of conquers[/spoil]
Barbs greater than 3,000 points capped
[spoil]This one is the other end of the barb spectrum. The barbs are there because a player at one point owned them. Either they gave up or went inactive. Either way we know that a player likely has to expend troops to cap the villages, but ultimately taking these villages are generally easier than taking one from an enemy player. The player with the lowest percent of little barbs capped vs total caps gets the award.

The "Better Things to Do" Award goes to:
Ithiker with 8.13% of conquers

The "Barb Muncher" Award Goes to:
Abductor with 37.14% of conquers[/spoil]
Internal Caps
[spoil]More so than barb caps, I regard Internal caps as the laziest way to gain points. With barbs you at least have to contend with people who are farming the barb, or also trying to cap it. With internals you know for sure that you have a free cap. At best you get a good village for free. At worst you only have to clear a few troops. Internal caps are probably the epitome of point whoring. The player with the lowest percent of internal caps vs total caps gets the award.

The "Pulled up by the Boot Straps" Award goes to:
Uzak with 1.06% of conquers

The "Welfare" Award goes to:
A1bonner with 30.41% of conquers[/spoil]
Internal + Barb Caps
[spoil]This stat expresses how little one worked for their villages. If a player has of lot internals and barbs, then you know they don't spend a lot of time fighting players. The player with the lowest percent of combined little barb, big barb and internals caps vs total caps gets the award.

The "Hard Mode" Award goes to:
Ithiker with 12.80% of conquers

The "EZ Mode" Award goes to:
A1bonner with 55.33% of conquers[/spoil]
Self Caps
[spoil]Without getting in to the details, self caps are quite preventable under virtually any circumstance. So when a player has a lot of self caps it represents a lack of effort or a lack of skill. The players with the lowest percent of self caps vs total caps gets the award.

The "Careful" Award goes to:
Uzak with 0.19% of conquers

The "Suicidal" Award goes to:
Abductor with 3.27% of conquers[/spoil]
Adjusted Score
[spoil]This is probably the most arguable, but in my opinion most interesting, stat. The idea behind this stat is to represent what a score would be if one did not cap any barbs or any internals. The percentage of all barbs and internals is subtracted from the total number of caps. The adjusted score is your TW score adjusted by that percentage. Mathematically meaning the adjusted score is (Score)*(1 - (barb% + int%)). This is meant to approximate what a score would be without any internal or barb caps.

The "I Need No Freebees" Award goes to:
Incomings with 13,550,463 points

The "Please Help Me" Award goes to:
Rufio88 with 7,326,830 points[/spoil]
ODA per Point
[spoil]This stat implies how many O troops the player had to expend to gain their points. A high ODA per point implies a lot of effort to acquire said points. The player with the highest ODA per gets the award.

The "Blitzkrieg" Award goes to:
reveille7a with 13.69 ODA per point

The "Timid" Award goes to:
DoIKnowYou? with 3.34 ODA per point[/spoil]
ODD per Point
[spoil]This stat implies how many D troops the player had to expend to keep their points. A high ODD per point implies a lot of effort to maintain said points. The player with the highest ODD per gets the award.

The "Castle Wall" Award goes to:
Uzak with 4.63 ODD per point

The "Open Door" Award goes to:
DoIKnowYou? with 0.46 ODD per point[/spoil]
OD per Point
[spoil]This stat implies overall how hard a player had to fight for their points. The player with the highest OD per point gets the award.

The "Nut Kicker" Award goes to:
reveille7a with 15.56 OD per point

The "Care Bear" Award goes to:
DoIKnowYou? with 3.80 OD per point[/spoil]
Overall Rank
[spoil]This stat just ranks the average of the rankings of the previous stats. It is not the best way to do it, but it certainly is the laziest! The person with the lowest average rank gets the award.

The "Well Rounded" Award goes to:
reveille7a with an average rank of 2.67

The "Questionable Ability" Award goes to:
Abductor with an average rank of 8.44[/spoil]

(you will have to right click>view image to see these, since I'm too lazy to resize them)

Score Summary
[spoil]
Rank.png
[/spoil]

Scores Rank 1-5
[spoil]
1-5.png
[/spoil]

Scores Rank 6-10
[spoil]
6-10.png
[/spoil]

Average Scores
[spoil]
avg.png
[/spoil]

Excel sheet used:
[spoil]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4859964/hehe.xlsx[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61672

This is well done and really fun to see.

Rev and I were discussing though, and we are a bit confused about how you got the barb numbers. I had just put together a list of the top ten players and their barb nobling vs total nobling, just the other day, and both of our total barb numbers were much lower than what you stated. Just curious.

Good job.

lthiker

This is well done and really fun to see.

Rev and I were discussing though, and we are a bit confused about how you got the barb numbers. I had just put together a list of the top ten players and their barb nobling vs total nobling, just the other day, and both of our total barb numbers were much lower than what you stated. Just curious.

Good job.

I like the stats also. Cool analysis, but some of the numbers for barbs are just wrong. I didn't look at more than just mine, but I have 138 total barb noblings according to my TWstats nobling record. Your stats put me a 271. Just under double the actual amount. This puts my total percentage at 8.5%. Just being picky. Very interesting stats nonetheless. Thanks for putting them together.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4587

I used the all button in twstats for conquers. I then copied it, and used the paste special function to get the data in to columns in excel. I sorted first by player's tribe, then by enemy's tribe, then by enemies name.

This effectively got the barbarian village conquers in one group for each set of conquers where a player was in a tribe. I included the conquers from all tribes, not just the tribe the player was in. I used the feature in excel that counts the highlighted cells to count the villages, by highlighting the barbarian villages.

I think I may have highlighted two columns, instead of one, for some players, which doubles the count. I will go through and double check everything tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will update if I find errors.

DeletedUser4587

It was as i feared. I highlighted two columns by accident when countin ithiker, saint311 and reveille7a. It only changed the overall Rank award, which now goes to Reveille7a. :)

The post has been updated with the updated numbers, awards and spreadsheet.

Thanks for catching that guys. I'm sincerely sorry.

I also added the averages, cause I forgot to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

indeed a nice new work by our statistician.

It would be great if TW provided us with the numbers of offensive troops lost during attacks or defensive troops when under attack. This would give a figure of the most efficient attacker/defender.