A bunch of Questions

DeletedUser

If you haven't been keeping up with World 60 for the last two months, allow me to remind you a little of what happened.

48 days ago, the rank 1 tribe and rank 2 tribe (Calm. and SPAM respectively) started skirmishing. Whilst neither side is turning this into an official ingame war, it is safe to say that the two sides, who have not stopped skirmishing after over a month are at war. This war is the biggest war in World 60's existence potentially creating the overall winner of the world.

Anyways, I was bored and thought up a bunch of questions that might be relevant to ask.

Looking at the stats:

[SPOIL]Side 1: Tribes: SPAM
Side 2:
Tribes: Calm., NADs
Players: relentlessly pleasant

Timeframe: 29/08/2012 00:00:00 to 16/10/2012 19:01:39

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 860
Side 2: 837
Difference: 23

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 8,036,088
Side 2: 7,747,246
Difference: 288,842

chart

[/SPOIL]

It seems that both sides are similar in strength. Wars are won not on similarities though, but differences. So allow me to do 10 or so questions:

1. How are SPAM and Calm. as tribes different and what effect does that have on the war effort for either side?
2. Do the stats tell the whole story? Why or why not?
3. Do you think this is one of the most even matches in W60 history?
4. Which tribe do you think deserves to win?
5. Have there been any smart or stupid strategical moves on either side and how have they cost them villages?
6. How much do you think outside forces could influence the war?
7. What do you think would be needed for either side to make a major breakthrough?
8. If you are battling, is it a fun war or not?
9. Do you believe that these two tribes are the strongest two tribes to come out of W60?
10. How long do you think the war will last?

DeletedUser

1. How are SPAM and Calm. as tribes different and what effect does that have on the war effort for either side?

Spam relies on its small member-base - Close members that work together

Calm has more ties/members - More people to sit, more nukes/D that can be spent

Never, there are other things to take into an account; inactives, troop loss, etc.

Not really much to go off from, so sadly yes.

KoG

5. Have there been any smart or stupid strategical moves on either side and how have they cost them villages?

Calm taking in inactive X-Valour has ended up being, at least in my opinion stupid. Most of the villages that is the difference is Spam taking villages from these players, i.e lori,kraig,absent, etc. In theory, was a good idea but in reality, ended up costing them.

Extremely, theres a lot of tribes, such as TCRT/Envy/Scion that could change how the war is being fought, open new fronts etc.

7. What do you think would be needed for either side to make a major breakthrough?

Time and dedication

Not in the war.

9. Do you believe that these two tribes are the strongest two tribes to come out of W60?

Strongest two? No

I have yet to be in a world with a massive-long term war, so can't really judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

SPAM seems to be a lot closer and have few factions.

Calm. seems more split into 4 that dont work 100% with each other

If we are winning then yes :p

No i think that they do as it it doesnt take into account the relationships and characters of the player (ie kraig cheating, ash loving being nuked and ali faking everyone to hell.)

Seems to be, i think SPAM has the slightly higher skills lvl/lower inactivity but calm having larger village base

Whoever wins this war.

Ex-Valour
Nads breaking up
Focussing on 2 guys by calm.

TCRT-ENVY-EIR-CURE

hell even TCR could well play a big part

Scion and mossad down south maybe even

A spark of brilliance/relentless bullying to make an account quit.

Fun fun fun for the whole family :)

Yes for sure

Be over by christmas :)

DeletedUser104334

SPAM has an active memberbase of 40 people while Calm. has taken in a lot of inactive Valour players which seems quite stupid to me. They were my tribemates in Valour and Calm. took in players which they attacked when they suddenly delcared on Valour, so half of Valour joined the tribe which backstabbed them on the alliance terms :D

No. Inactive accounts, sits,..

Yes.

TCR. Barb munchers ftw!

Calm. focusing on only a few SPAM players (especially ASH).

They all could change the way this war goes. I think of Cure and TCR. Envy has too much weakness inside. (just like Valour had)

A lot of cookies.

War is never fun.

No, only SPAM.

10. How long do you think the war will last? Until new year.

DeletedUser

Calm are very much split into factions. It was being discussed the other day actually, its as if there are 4 different tribes under the same name. While this can be helpful with working locally I wonder if it will hold up in the long run across the whole board. SPAM are very united, despite different backgrounds everyone is friendly with one another. I can't properly compare the internal environments because I don't know what actually goes on inside Calm, but it seems to me that SPAM are more ready and willing to help each other out on the whole, rather than just their own social groups.

Yes and no. Its definitely been pretty even so far, but SPAM are making ground across the whole front rather than just in two concentrated places like Calm. While I'm not certain that Calm's strategy is worse than SPAM's, it seems it to me at present.

Yes. First time there's been a big war without it being the official definition of a gangbang. Although Calm kinda did just invite all the people who'd be helping them gangbang us.

SPAM. Doing better than Calm now, despite being considerably smaller nowadays.

As mentioned it wasn't smart of Calm to focus in the same two places, but it was working for them. SPAM's varied attacks seem to be paying off more now though.

I don't think they'll make a great deal of difference either way. Only people I see making any impact would be TCRT depending on who they align themselves with, but that probably wouldn't be a game-changer.

One side needs a very successful OP, or collection of OPs across the board, and they need to follow up very well. That would begin to show us a winner.

I'm enjoying myself, killed lots of troops, taken a fair number of villages, everything you want from a war game really. I don't like seeing the personal strain certain people are being put under, but they are tough and will bounce back.

Well they're made up of pretty much all the best players who have battled through to this stage of the world and are still at a decent size and suchlike. I'd say Yes.

2-3 months I reckon. Maybe not quite finished this year, but it should be nearly done by then.

Ben

DeletedUser

spam: youngin that are into comic books and pokemon type games
calm: mostly adults.

youngin works for the quick thrill

adult sets up for a goal oriented journey to the finish line.

No....bc their are 2 diffent paths being taken...(see #1).

Actually I would agree that this is fairly even.

to vague of a question to be answered. no one deserves anything..... Things are earned. as of yet...no one has earned anything.

nothing ventured nothing gained. The only stupid moves would be no moves at all.

Just support. And outside support dies just as easily as tribal support. So to answer the question...not very much.

The as the tribes are evenly matched, the only thing i see making any huge immediate difference is a negative campaign on the other side to make one doubt. No reason to doubt in calm....not sure about Spam.

of course warring is fun. Who plays tribalWARS to not war? (another dumb question)

of course.

how are ppl saying a few months?! Spam has been attacking Innactives....Calm has been attacking stacks. Stats are virtually dead locked. Is all of calm gunna go innactive for the in a few months?! i think not. This will be a year....minimum.

DeletedUser

I figured as jfsmith was doing one, then I might as well comment.

SPAM's leader plays pokemon. Calm.'s leader is a pokemon, most probably a tauros*.

Other than that, two different kinds of tribes with different play styles. We shall see who wins.

No.

No, there have been more even matches. It would be an even match if not for some Calm. weaknesses, especially in the activity area which will cause the gap created in the last week or so to widen. Jfsmith said we were taking the easy route by attacking inactives/permasits/internals, which is true to an extent. Although I could say the majority of the last two days conquers (of which we are 62-12 up against Calm.) were made against active players, it would be better just to state the difficulty we are in avoiding your inactives. The problem is when inactives, internals and permasits make up 14 members or 25% of your tribe, asking SPAM not to touch them is stupid. There are also other things I could pick on here, but will not do so just because of my lack of time for an essay.

We will find out who wins.

Can point to several moves that would have probably been better not to do at all, not going to go into it though.

Very little. Other than maybe TCRT joining the war on one side.

Collapse of a front most likely.

Yea...its alright. Not the most entertaining war Ive had in SPAM but fun enough.

Today the two tribes are by far the strongest two standing. Will not comment on yesterdays tribes as do not know all of them.

I figure 3 months more, however am prepared for a war of attrition going on for far longer than 6 months if need be. Or at least by this stage, a clear winner will emerge.

*Pokedex Data: Charges while whipping its hefty body with its tails. Although powerful, it can charge only in a straight line.

DeletedUser

Jfsmith said we were taking the easy route by attacking inactives/permasits/internals, which is true to an extent. Although I could say the majority of the last two days conquers (of which we are 62-12 up against Calm.) were made against active players, it would be better just to state the difficulty we are in avoiding your inactives. The problem is when inactives, internals and permasits make up 14 members or 25% of your tribe, asking SPAM not to touch them is stupid..

to be clear...there are not 14 quit players. also note, i do not fault spam for targetting those quit players. it is a valid approach. ppl change jobs, have kids, get busy at work. That cant be helped. But when it happens, i just cant have them dismissed as that sets off a whole other firestorm issue so fire away spam!! lol soooooooo wasnt picking on "taking an easy route"....was merely pointing out the strat difference.....there is obviously a reason for calms more hammer on a brick wall approach.....im sure privately, u have figured it out by now.

DeletedUser

to be clear...there are not 14 quit players. also note, i do not fault spam for targetting those quit players. it is a valid approach. ppl change jobs, have kids, get busy at work. That cant be helped. But when it happens, i just cant have them dismissed as that sets off a whole other firestorm issue so fire away spam!! lol soooooooo wasnt picking on "taking an easy route"....was merely pointing out the strat difference.....there is obviously a reason for calms more hammer on a brick wall approach.....im sure privately, u have figured it out by now.

Did not say there were 14 quit players, said they were inactive, permasits or internals.

Allow me to name them:

1. Thak - inactive
2. Awildabra - permasit
3. typeusername - inactive/permasit
4. rabidgoat - inactive/permasit
5. Fullforcehit - internal
6. Gorillazinthemist - inactive
7. sta17mattywagon - inactive
8. culinec - inactive
9. blodyx - internal
10. absentsoul - internal/inactive
11. katzuo - permasit
12. chimpy295 - internal
13. sterobbo - permasit
14. - zell - - internal
15. roscoe74 - internal

Sorry my bad, I named 15.

By all means, we have been capping plenty against active players, just look at the stats and you can see plenty of lori and kraig caps for example over the last few days. We have little difference in strategy, just a difference in naming. We would call our approach a hammer on a brick wall approach if the enemy was a brick wall. You may be 1.5 times bigger, but you are not 1.5 times stronger, this has become evident throughout this war.

DeletedUser

Obviously SPAM has a smaller member base, who work closely together.

Calm. has a larger member base, and I'd agree it seems like the work in packs, and not as much on a full tribe scale like SPAM does. But then again that is because they have a larger member base.

No, they never do.

I suppose so.

In my biased opinion, SPAM. I believe we are the better tribe, although we are now 50Mil smaller. Guess Calm. decided they needed the extra help :)

A few... Like Calm. mainly focusing on just Ash. He is the most obvious target, we knew that from the beginning. It makes it easy to stack.

Whichever side TCRT takes will obviously have some influence on the war. Cure, TCR and Envy will also have some influence.

A large OP to go down successfully. None have been that successful to date. Calm. has done a decent job with Ash, but the amount of villages they've gained doesnt not compensate for the amount of nukes lost imo. SPAM had a decent OP on katzuo, and had a nice OP on RP.

Yes. This is tribalWARS and why we all play

Well considering we are the top 2 tribes left, I'd say so.

I would think for quite some time. Could quite possibly take a year or more. But I think we will see one tribe pull ahead andwill see a clear winner 6 months from now.

Taylor

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Spam- Taking it easy
Calm- To calm

Effect on the warm effort ...None

Yes, stats tell the real story it shows that tribes are growing tribes are defending players are doing nothing.
Stats can be interpreted in different ways, village growth, Oda stats, Odd stats, Odd stats, Growth
Stats picture the true nature of the war, you could easily see who are doing shits and doing all the hard work.

I think Spam has an advantage in this, even as what Dylan has said there are lots of inactives in Calm. Therefore in order to compensate they recruited some players that will help them..This compensation would not last long as Calm has stepped on to many players in order to gain an advantage on Spam. Calm is a dangerous tribe, there are selfish leaders who use NADs as a cannon buffer..Our tribe is not greedy like calm.

A tribe who has honor,a tribe who doesn't cheat who plays it smart who doesn't use small tribes, a tribe who doesnt think secrets will win the world.

A tribe who has heart and would fight for his friends and tribesmates deserves to win...Not the guys who lie cheat and steal

Yes there are, first is the manipulation of Jfsmith on LOR about merging to them a manipulation which played on greed and selfishness..

Yes, outside forces could influence this war and we are factoring all of it.

This is a secret that only leaders will know.

Yes its a fun far, Im just gonna noble some more barbs

Maybe

This war will last until Easter..

DeletedUser

Did not say there were 14 quit players, said they were inactive, permasits or internals.

Allow me to name them:

1. Thak - inactive
2. Awildabra - permasit
3. typeusername - inactive/permasit
4. rabidgoat - inactive/permasit
5. Fullforcehit - internal
6. Gorillazinthemist - inactive
7. sta17mattywagon - inactive
8. culinec - inactive
9. blodyx - internal
10. absentsoul - internal/inactive
11. katzuo - permasit
12. chimpy295 - internal
13. sterobbo - permasit
14. - zell - - internal
15. roscoe74 - internal

Sorry my bad, I named 15.

By all means, we have been capping plenty against active players, just look at the stats and you can see plenty of lori and kraig caps for example over the last few days. We have little difference in strategy, just a difference in naming. We would call our approach a hammer on a brick wall approach if the enemy was a brick wall. You may be 1.5 times bigger, but you are not 1.5 times stronger, this has become evident throughout this war.

Take me off the list because i'm back :p had to step away for a while!

ashoka1

]1. How are SPAM and Calm. as tribes different and what effect does that have on the war effort for either side?
Every tribe is different.Spam is a tribe which emerged as a top tribe very late in the game,after some merges. Calm. Has been a dominant force for quite long.however spam members have shown themselves to be more close to each other compared to calm.the main reason has been leadership.spam is run by one leader.calm. Has not only seen change in leadership....it's divided in different factions.even the current leadership may seem united from outside but some cracks show here and there...

Yes and no. At tribal level it doesnt..at player level it does.htm and fifth have emerged has best players both in stats and n real.ashoka1 and rp accounts have proved to be a liability both in stats and real. However at tribal level though the stats seem even.....calm. Hasn't been able to make even one account go inactive. Where as spam has created 4/5 or more dead accounts.so it's advantage spam.

Yes.

SPAM. Coz the have luckiest nub Ashoka1 and best leader dylan

It's a secret world.so calm. Has chosen a diff strategy which has cost them less conquers and higher nukes lost. But they seem to be making a front towards a particular area. However due to good sitter available within spam....even a nub account couldn't be rimmed in two months. So it has cost them. Now with valour or fed up merge they seem to create a frontline from another side while keeping the pressure up from their previously chosen area.

I don't think they'll make a great deal of difference either way. Tcrt Tcrt scion all are good tribes.but they will influence when they chose to join a side together... Otherwise Tcrt joining one side and Tcrt joining other will negate any benefit to either side

One side needs a very successful OP.which results in a major frontline quitting.which is difficult for calm. To do due to motivation and encouragement spam players get from dylan.

I'm enjoying myself, killed lots of troops, lost a great number of villages, got proven to be biggest nub in spam.but I still like it as my tribe seems to love me. Even after losing so much.

Yes

10. How long do you think the war will last? No idea. I will play max 18 more months. So should be finished before that as I want to leave only after winning w60 with my friends.

DeletedUser

Rabid Goat is not inactive. I am the player on that account.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, SPAM has better leadership and organization, evidenced by how much better they work together. In addition, SPAM seems to play a defensive game very well, whereas Calm. is probably slightly better offensively. Contrary to one of the comments above, I think SPAM also has many more sitters available even with the smaller member base. Whether this is because Calm. is just inactive or unwilling, I am not sure.

As mentioned by several others, no, they never do. It provides some insight into the way the war is progressing, but a lot of things affect both tribes behind the scenes.

Yes, but I think that SPAM has a slight edge. However, compared to the previous wars (at least on a major scale), this seems to be a close match.

SPAM. I am in Calm., but have gained massive respect for SPAM over the past couple months and value them as very skilled opponents. On the whole, I think SPAM has performed better and more like a proper, cohesive tribe compared to Calm.

Again, consistently going after ASH was probably not the best move. I think most importantly, the first op should maybe have been on someone else to keep SPAM on their toes. Clearly, it was obvious that SPAM was expecting an ASH op and it was thus easy to stack, but perhaps not so many of them!
I think another bad decision was the disbanding of NADs. While I did not agree with its original formation, once it was up and running with relatively solid leadership, it should not have been dissolved, which simply created a lot more holes in the eastern front, which SPAM have taken advantage of, with help from Cure.
Another bad decision, again from Calm.! Originally, I liked the idea of inviting the ex-Valour members, but I assumed their invites would come in conjunction with a tribe-wide op on multiple fronts as well as proper pre-stacking. Clearly, while the latter has been done to some extent, the invites just created more holes and vulnerability for Calm. especially since there was no follow-through to take advantage of the new front.

The above observations seem to lean heavily against Calm.; however, I think this is mainly because I do not know all that much about what SPAM has done internally. So far, I have seen a pretty decent job from them, although I would like to see more offensives from them.

I think the only major outside force that would influence the war is TCRT if they choose a side. Rim tribes may have some effect, but for the most part, they will not play a large role.

One of the major fronts/players collapsing. So far, each tribe has made gains in certain areas, but there has not been a major victory yet.

Very fun, I have enjoyed fighting SPAM immensely, first difficult fight I have had in ages.

Yes.

Hard to tell. SPAM's estimates above seem a bit low to me though, unless they have a hidden card somewhere. It has already been going on for about 2 months, and no major breakthroughs yet, so I find it hard to believe it will only last that long from here. Perhaps there will be a clear victor by then, but even that is up in the air.