A bunch of Questions

DeletedUser

Sorry Ali, not right.I know but I aint telling no one. (giggle)

DeletedUser

Not at all. I just like to keep a low profile. Which is clear considering this is the first time ever I have posted on the externals. I just thought I had some valid things to say. And while I know that nemesis=DA, I have no idea who jtk5 is, so if you're concerned about my account, you should probably make a sig saying what yours is first.
If you PM me nicely, I will probably tell you what account I play. I just don't see what that has got to do with my opinion. A name doesn't have to be attached for it to be valid. After all, this thread was supposed to be answers to a list of questions, not a witch hunt for my identity.

A name does add validity in that it adds weight to any information about the tribe. A calm player commenting about calm is more pertinent then an outside player commenting about calm as the calm player has inside knowledge. Saying you are in calm while using an alias leaves the door open that you are not really in the tribe and are using this forum for propaganda. I guess this is more just my take on people who do not use their names in general and not specifically to this particular case.

As for me it is not too hard to figure out who I am as this name is tied to an account that was on this world from the start. I have used this name on all worlds I have played.
Enough of that though back on topic.

DeletedUser

1. How are SPAM and Calm. as tribes different and what effect does that have on the war effort for either side?

Well other than the obvious differences (size, member count), I think SPAM has probably put more effort into this war than Calm. Either that or they just work better together or have a better leadership. I think Calm. did a few bad decisions in recruiting those Valour players, especially when the unstacked SPAM line in the north still managed to overcome them and put them on the defensive. It is my opinion that Calm. is using the Valour members as meatshields to avoid nukes from the northern members so it can keep the equilibrium down south. Not a bad strategy really, but eventually the meatshields will break or grow sick...

2. Do the stats tell the whole story? Why or why not?

Without proper warstats, cannot see ODA/ODD gains.

3. Do you think this is one of the most even matches in W60 history?

Hell no, it is extremely uneven. You have 1 tribe which has about 80 million points more than the other and is consequentially nearly one and a half times the size of the other. SPAM is trying harder to overcome a disadvantage yes, but it is still a disadvantage.

4. Which tribe do you think deserves to win?

I figured Valour deserved to win but they are gone. I'd probably be fine with either.

5. Have there been any smart or stupid strategical moves on either side and how have they cost them villages?

Dunno really outside of what people have said before. I don't know what smart or strategical moves SPAM makes, they just don't seem to make that many mistakes.

6. How much do you think outside forces could influence the war?

TCRT probably could, but probably won't. They will get eaten by the winner of the world.

7. What do you think would be needed for either side to make a major breakthrough?

Time. I don't think there will be a major breakthrough, it will just be a war of attrition. The tribe who is better under those conditions will win.

8. If you are battling, is it a fun war or not?

Not battling though have vaguely considered getting back into it.

9. Do you believe that these two tribes are the strongest two tribes to come out of W60?

No. From my time in SPAM, there were stronger tribes surrounding SPAM that SPAM extinguished. I assume that is the same with -RLS-

10. How long do you think the war will last?

We have months left, depending on how stable the two tribes are. Though stability is increased as both tribes are looking to win. I would say the key to this war is cohesiveness and stability, the tribe that loses will be the one that loses the will to fight first.

doydoydar

Sorry for nab but can someone briefly fill me in on what's happened in the last few months? Tribes seem to have changed hugely more than I expected. Sorry for getting old thread back up, delete if it's against rules. <3

DeletedUser

-Calm. beat Valour, ceasefire agreed but Valour still disbanded some time later.

-Calm. opened proper hostilities on SPAM, very even war for about a month.
A lot of Valour went to TCRT to kill TCR, some to Calm and some (one) went to SPAM.

-SPAM's Northerners started getting significant advantages over the Calm. Valour recruits, and began to push things SPAM's way.

-Big OP from SPAM on the otherwise pretty stale Southern front - Spunky1 barbed, removing Calm.'s main threat in that area. Around that time =C= turned on SPAM, and in a war that lasted all of 10hours were removed and reduced back the the original idea of that tribe.

-From then on, it's been all SPAM - meeting almost no resistance in the South, but a little in the North.

-Calm. have continually changed their name to various unamusing things in an attempt to seem indifferent to their losses, but nobody important is convinced.

I hope that helps, if I missed anything guys please do fill in the gaps.

Ben

doydoydar

Cheers mate, nice and concise :) Funny to see how Calm went from being well respected and powerful to shady los(ing)ers, given the stick they gave Valour.