A challenge to the winners of w12

DeletedUser85000

Question;

You seemed to have picked up the 100% in most K's pretty rapidly, did a lot of people delete or did you recruit them? Just no-way could you have nobled a vast amount of villages in the past month I've been gone from watching this world?

Deletion and ennoblement.

They have recruited one player since April, Grim Reality, who had been kicked but then I believe got a new owner.

merritt olsen

Alright, don't even pay attention to merritt. No one even likes him on our world. All he does is spam and make needless threads, just like this one. I sure hope he soon recognizes DNY as the best tribe in .net history, because thats how I see it.

first off you don't know me as i rarely make posts and second you are a moron when you claim to speak for others and thirdly i have never spammed so you are as always a prevariacator (liar)...you really need to learn what spam is...of the few posts i have made they were all 100% relevant to TW or some aspect of TW...spam is posting unwanted links or advertisements to other web sites or services or attapts at selling something...you make all these wild unwarranted baseless claims about DNY being the best tribe in TW history, but you can only prove that if they were to play against other winning tribes from other worlds...the thing i find funniest is that it is you that no one likes and from a psychological perspective what we accuse other of is what we ourselves are...for example it is always the unattractive one who comments on others appearances...it is always the unintelligent ones who call others stupid etc...so it is you who spams the boards and who is not liked..

merritt olsen

Exactly my point. He should have known the answer to that. Any undergrad in neuroscience should know it off the top of their head. Which led me to believe that he just grabbed it off Wiki.

He said "Actually PD is in the substantia nigra" as if it's not in the basal ganglia... *shakes head*
The substantia nigra is IN the basal ganglia (both of which are in the mesencephalon, you're right suko).

i guess i have to shake my head at you...i did not get any of this of wiki i just have to limit how much i type...first off i didn't say the SN is not part of the BG but parkinsons is the destruction of the dopamine neurons in the SN...and if you are a neuroscientist as you claim then you would not have implicated the adenosine receptors when it is the dopamine receptors in the SN in the same way you can not blame the loss of dopamine production in the nucleus accumbens (which is a part of the larger meso limbic pathway) for parkinsons...you can site any areas of the brain and say they belong to a larger area which in turn belong to yet a larger area as well...by saying that it is the basal ganglia that causes parkinsons because the substantia nigra is a part of it is like saying well we can blame the whole brain as the basal ganglia and other larger regions make up the brain as a whole...so i stand by my statement and it is the substantia nigra that is the root cause of parkinsons not the basal ganglia as a whole..so you are not the only person who studies this subject here...even though i am still a student of this science i do know that the entire basal ganglia is not responsible for this disease...also i can guarantee you that nothing i wrote came off of wiki, but as i said in the previous post what you accuse others off is what you are actually guilty of yourself and it is in fact you getting stuff off of wiki and claiming a neuroscience degree...and for the record i do not have a degree i just study this at the moment...so it is now posted that i in no way have made any claims to a degree....that being said the fact that you tried (in vain) to correct me when i was already correct shows me you don't know as much as you claim to know....once again YES the substantia nigra is part of the larger structure called the Basal ganglia, but it is the destruction of the dopamine neurons IN the Substantia Nigra (70% and over) which cause parkinsons...also if you look at a map of the brain the basal ganglia is made up of 3 distinct and seperate regions called the caudate nucleus, putamen and globus pallidus...

i was just thinking about why you got so huffy in your response and then it hit me...in all the universities i have taken classes all the neuroscientists and quantum physics have all been arrogant thinking they were smarter than everyone else and that everyone else is beneath them...so you made an inaccurate statement figuring no one would know the difference anyways...then someone else comes along and has knowledge on the subject and writes a correction...so now your ego is hurt and you think you now need to prove that you know more (and maybe you do about neuroscience anyways) but it still doesn't change the fact that you wrote incorrect information... i should start making statements about my professors research and see what you have to say about that..

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i guess i have to shake my head at you...i did not get any of this of wiki i just have to limit how much i type...first off i didn't say the SN is not part of the BG but parkinsons is the destruction of the dopamine neurons in the SN...and if you are a neuroscientist as you claim then you would not have implicated the adenosine receptors when it is the dopamine receptors in the SN in the same way you can not blame the loss of dopamine production in the nucleus accumbens (which is a part of the larger meso limbic pathway) for parkinsons...you can site any areas of the brain and say they belong to a larger area which in turn belong to yet a larger area as well...by saying that it is the basal ganglia that causes parkinsons because the substantia nigra is a part of it is like saying well we can blame the whole brain as the basal ganglia and other larger regions make up the brain as a whole...so i stand by my statement and it is the substantia nigra that is the root cause of parkinsons not the basal ganglia as a whole..so you are not the only person who studies this subject here...even though i am still a student of this science i do know that the entire basal ganglia is not responsible for this disease...also i can guarantee you that nothing i wrote came off of wiki, but as i said in the previous post what you accuse others off is what you are actually guilty of yourself and it is in fact you getting stuff off of wiki and claiming a neuroscience degree...and for the record i do not have a degree i just study this at the moment...so it is now posted that i in no way have made any claims to a degree....that being said the fact that you tried (in vain) to correct me when i was already correct shows me you don't know as much as you claim to know....once again YES the substantia nigra is part of the larger structure called the Basal ganglia, but it is the destruction of the dopamine neurons IN the Substantia Nigra (70% and over) which cause parkinsons...also if you look at a map of the brain the basal ganglia is made up of 3 distinct and seperate regions called the caudate nucleus, putamen and globus pallidus...

My head hurts after reading that >.>

merritt olsen

My head hurts after reading that >.>

haha i'm sorry :p

also the person who mentioned the mesencephalon (which is just the mid brain---so an even larger region that includes all the other areas) this connects the forbrain and hindbrain...so here the brain forms 3 sections and by his logic we can say the mesencephalon causes parkinsons because the mesencephalon is comprised of the basal ganglia and many other large regions which can also be broken down..their are just to many to list

DeletedUser67005

Apoc/BA would get owned. :icon_rolleyes:

This is my contribution to this thread.

DeletedUser

Question;

You seemed to have picked up the 100% in most K's pretty rapidly, did a lot of people delete or did you recruit them? Just no-way could you have nobled a vast amount of villages in the past month I've been gone from watching this world?

You would be surprised by seeing what a few motivated players can do... Yes, we went to 100% K dominance by attacking and nobling players.

merritt olsen

Apoc/BA would get owned. :icon_rolleyes:

This is my contribution to this thread.

yeah, yeah and that doesn't mean you are right either....but you are wrong and it is obvious that you are just sour grapes as you belonged to a tribe that got decimated :lol: so just because you lack the ability to play this game doesn't mean others do :icon_wink:

their are no grounds for any tribe who wins their world to lay claim to "the best tribe ever" with out having all the winning tribes duke it out...

but apoc/BA would most definitely not get owned, especially the same as how you got owned :lol:

merritt olsen

Alright, don't even pay attention to merritt. No one even likes him on our world. All he does is spam and make needless threads, just like this one. I sure hope he soon recognizes DNY as the best tribe in .net history, because thats how I see it.

actually i was reviewing some of the threads on W18 and you should read his posts in spamming also take note of the really nasty thing he mentioned about assasinstrikes father...you plarin are the one who is not liked on W18..

DeletedUser67005

yeah, yeah and that doesn't mean you are right either....but you are wrong and it is obvious that you are just sour grapes as you belonged to a tribe that got decimated

But not by Apoc/BA :p And I am most definately NOT any kind of grape!

actually i was reviewing some of the threads on W18 and you should read his posts in spamming also take note of the really nasty thing he mentioned about assasinstrikes father...you plarin are the one who is not liked on W18..

We all hate Plarin!

DeletedUser

Relax olsen, :icon_biggrin: it's ok.
First I had said what you had stated was true, I didn't as you said "tried (in vain) to correct you" I never even tried because I said it was true. I suppose my post does sound a little huffy though, sorry about that. The reason I used BG vs. SN was because PD is often referred to, in research, as a disease of the BG. But yes, anyone who knows anything about PD knows that it originates for the death of dopaminergic neurons in the SN.

Sorry for getting you so riled up, but you didn't read my post correctly. I didn't say I was a neuroscientist, although I would like to think of myself as one :icon_wink: I'm a grad student finishing my masters in neurscience and preparing for my Ph.D in Pharmacology. I think Rednecks can vouch for me on this. And if you were to post research from some of your professors, I wouldn't be able to say anything about them other than general stuff that is known by anyone studying neuroscience, everyone specializes, one must as there is simply too much for any one person to know. Mine is the dopamine-acetylcholine-adenosine relationship in the basal ganglia.

if you are a neuroscientist as you claim then you would not have implicated the adenosine receptors... you wrote incorrect information...
Adenosine receptors can have an important role in PD, there was nothing wrong with my information. Adenosine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and its receptors are often co-localized with dopamine receptors particularly in the BG. Adenosine antagonists inhibit Adenosine's inhibitory effect on dopamine, thereby increase dopamine activity in the BG (which of course includes the SN). Adenosine antagonists are sometimes administered in conjunction with L-dopa. Previous research implicates Adenosine A2A subtype receptors (generally co-localized with D2 receptors) as the most relevant to disorders of the basal ganglia, particularly as A2A receptors are almost exclusively localized in the BG as opposed to A1 receptors (generally co-localized with D1 receptors), which are widely distributed throughout the brain. However, some more recent research indicates that A1 specific adenosine antagonists may in fact be more useful as a therapeutic drug than previous research implicated. That's all I was saying with my first post.

merritt olsen

Relax olsen, :icon_biggrin: it's ok.
First I had said what you had stated was true, I didn't as you said "tried (in vain) to correct you" I never even tried because I said it was true. I suppose my post does sound a little huffy though, sorry about that. The reason I used BG vs. SN was because PD is often referred to, in research, as a disease of the BG. But yes, anyone who knows anything about PD knows that it originates for the death of dopaminergic neurons in the SN.

Sorry for getting you so riled up, but you didn't read my post correctly. I didn't say I was a neuroscientist, although I would like to think of myself as one :icon_wink: I'm a grad student finishing my masters in neurscience and preparing for my Ph.D in Pharmacology. I think Rednecks can vouch for me on this. And if you were to post research from some of your professors, I wouldn't be able to say anything about them other than general stuff that is known by anyone studying neuroscience, everyone specializes, one must as there is simply too much for any one person to know. Mine is the dopamine-acetylcholine-adenosine relationship in the basal ganglia.

Adenosine receptors can have an important role in PD, there was nothing wrong with my information. Adenosine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and its receptors are often co-localized with dopamine receptors particularly in the BG. Adenosine antagonists inhibit Adenosine's inhibitory effect on dopamine, thereby increase dopamine activity in the BG (which of course includes the SN). Adenosine antagonists are sometimes administered in conjunction with L-dopa. Previous research implicates Adenosine A2A subtype receptors (generally co-localized with D2 receptors) as the most relevant to disorders of the basal ganglia, particularly as A2A receptors are almost exclusively localized in the BG as opposed to A1 receptors (generally co-localized with D1 receptors), which are widely distributed throughout the brain. However, some more recent research indicates that A1 specific adenosine antagonists may in fact be more useful as a therapeutic drug than previous research implicated. That's all I was saying with my first post.

it's all good..i think we both got a bit carried away...i know that adenosine (like GABA is an inhibitory receptor) but i am only in my second year of neuroscience (was formerly studying quantum physics) and so far i have only learned about 1 type of adenosine receptor...this semester we will start focusing on all the other receptors outside of the major ones that i learned about last year...so i will learn about the rest of the adensosine receptors this year...that being the one that in conjunction with the MT receptor helps promote sleep...we have gone over all 17 acetylcholine receptors (12 nicotinic and 5 muscarinic) and this is where the numerous neurotoxins (proteins) have their effects...and of course we all learn about what is probably the most important neurotransmitter dopamine D1-D5 receptors..these receptors were of particular interest to my professor as he does drug research...mostly with amphetamines and in particular d-amphetamine and methamphetamine (which from a neuroscience perspective are the same even though on a biochem level they are a bit different ie.. methamphetamine = d-amphetamine + CH3)..and of course the serotonin receptors which their are at least 40 or more of them, but the most common ones being the 5-HT1a and 5-HT2a...neuroscience is so complicated in that their are over 20 major neurotransmitters and at least 80 others that we know very little or nothing about not to mention that each NT has a minimum of 5 different receptors so their are so much we don't know about, but yet every time a doctor gives you a psychtropic drug you are basically a guinea pig...

seeing as you obviosly know what you are talking about i do have 1 question for you though...the question is something i am not sure i understood correctly which is when the action potential come to the presynaptic terminal it opens up the voltage gated Ca++ (calcium ion) channel which then binds with the NT vesicle causing the vesicle to bind with the cell membrane and releasing the the particular NT...regardless of the NT whether it be dopamine or GABA or serotonin or glutamate or any of numerous others..now my questions is this if dopamine is released some is reuptook (hence reuptake inhibitors such as SSRI's or SDRI's etc..) and some gets broken down by enzymatic action...so dopamine breaks down into 3,4 dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) or homovanilic acid (HVA) and serotonin breaks down into 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) and inhibitory GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) breaks down into gammahydroxybutyric acid (GHB which itself is used as an inhibitory drug)...so is it the MAOa in the presynaptic terminal that does this or is it other enzymes..for some reason i didn't get this in my head clearly and hopefully you can clear this up for me..

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think the real challenge to W12 is attempting to read these posts without falling asleep.

DeletedUser

I think the real challenge to W12 is attempting to read these posts without falling asleep.
Take some d-amphetamine and you shouldn't have a problem.

Got to love the 5-HT2 receptors. From a hallucinogenic speaking standpoint, super-interesting. :)
As concerns your question, off the top of my head I'm not really able to clear that up for you, although I believe a good portion of the break down is done by MAOa in the synaptic gap prior to reuptake. I'd have to check my psychopharm book to be anymore specific than that though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you got a bit carried away with saying something original BOB and i hope you learn from it!! look at what you have done to this thread you !!

Not only did you hurt everyones head but even worse you said SUKO WAS RIGHT!!!!

DeletedUser

I think you got a bit carried away with saying something original BOB and i hope you learn from it!! look at what you have done to this thread you !!

Not only did you hurt everyones head but even worse you said SUKO WAS RIGHT!!!!

Muahahaha

slinkiestwizard

if the overlords of tw could make it so then we (apoc/BA) the inevitable winners of W18 would like to challenge and fight the winners of W12 and maybe the winners of a few other worlds if any are also nearing the end.....

Ok if Red decides to go for this ill suport him with my laughable account and actually play the game. youll need 4 players for every one of me . i grew borred with this game long ago but keep my account active.

You have no clue of the quality of the original DNY players it would be over as quick as it started

Thanks for the compliments Galum.

There are a few DNY players "screwing up" other worlds. I founded OCD that was the #1 tribe on W41 until we decided to quit. We have already won a world so playing the world to the end does not interest us anymore. But at 1 point we had all 4 Dukes that DNY ever had, even the founder, all playing at the same time in the early stages.

I have aspirations to do another premade, but the goal will be to achieve a certain goal as I doubt I will ever lead another tribe to the end again.

Red if you do another premade from the start plz contact me i would be hounerd to play with your tribe and go all out rather then fade away to nothingness

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18695

How can any of you talk and be so proud of yourselves.

Proud that you mass recruited to win a world? Why not split the tribe in 2 and go at each other like crazy, surely you guys are a strong enough tribe to be friends after and have some fun in the mean time ;). Split the tribe, do you know how many players in older world would give anything for this.... Win the world, then split your tribe and kill each other. Its a nice accomplishment even though you mass recruited to get where you are xD.

auseon3 Joined 22nd March 2010 - 16:00 15,244,097
titan1984 Joined 22nd March 2010 - 16:00 11,226,599
Slices Right Joined 22nd March 2010 - 07:00 11,482,042
PM00 Joined 21st March 2010 - 19:00 23,785,177
Little Flower Joined 21st March 2010 - 19:00 14,885,230
Mr. Blonde Joined 21st March 2010 - 19:00 27,449,698
panda03 Joined 21st March 2010 - 10:00 5,121,542
kostik2007 Joined 21st March 2010 - 01:00 4,954,275
susie3Qt Joined 20th March 2010 - 22:00 2,590,251
spot29 Joined 20th March 2010 - 01:00 9,964,747
descott Joined 20th March 2010 - 01:00 7,829,010
chewyslowpoke Joined 19th March 2010 - 22:00 2,626,305