A change to Scavenging

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Currently this feature is a ton of fun in the earlygame as it speeds it up and makes it less tedious. As lets be honest, there isn't much resources to go around early on.

But once you start reaching mid to end game this is probably the most tedious yet effective tool in the game.

I have two solutions to this:

Either we need a tool like farming assistance to make it easier to send out, or have less buttons in general. The current strategy that is most efficient is to spread the hours even on all 4, and this takes a long time to do on a 200 village account.

The other solution that someone else came with was deactivating Scavenging after a certain world age, or account age. The feature is really good until around 15~20 villages, where it starts being tedious and un-needed.

Scavenging definetly has its place, but it needs to be polish and re-evaluated :)

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hiya!

I moved this to the discussions forum instead of the ideas forum as I'm very interested in hearing suggestions / ideas / feedback on this feature. Thanks for bringing it up. So let's hear it!

- What do you like about the feature?
- What do you not like about the feature?
- What would you change or improve about the feature?

Cheers

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It's very much an early game thing.

Mid/Late game it gets forgotten unless there's no where to farm.

I'd either reduce the distances or increase the hauls as the world gets older and older.

That or add some form of LA type of screen to scavenging, like a mass overview.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I love this feature,

1 easy way to improve it massively: being able to create templates that insert troops automatically that u wanna send out for scavenging and being able to do that with multiple villages at once.

DeletedUser122987

Can we have the time lowered to have it s efficient like farming because some of us can't farm as well as people around us....The resources are a good amount for our troops but 13 hours for 2000 or so troops is ineffective for those of us who rely on scavenging for resources and can be harmed by the overly long times.
Thanks for your consideration:
-coolboylaugh

thegame45

I like scav'ing, so good early game saves you hitting walls and spikes in barbs that have yet to grow and your sure to get res :)

If a change could be made maybe some kind of recall option to troops but I like it, one of TWs better ideas. Late game will be needed as there is way more barb munching going n these days :)..

Goodwork TW scav'ing really good feature.

DeletedUser122568

It was a good move. This give a chance for those who are on the map not so close to barbarian villages and helps when you are not on-line. I like it. It will be good, maybe, a little difference in resources for those who activate Great Gatherers level compared with Lackadaisical Looters for example and between troops which we use for it. Thanks, Adrian

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
There needs to be a way to make it less tedious like Olve mentioned. Either some script or tool that makes it easier and faster

DeletedUser122887

Scavenging is a great feature. It just needs an Overview (which has been suggested and it is currently being implemented as far as I can tell) to where you can Scavenge in every *village* if you would like.

It creates the need to recruit Spears early game, which is critical for newer players for defense. A lot of people like to go completely offensive to start out and don't create any defensive units. Scavenging creates the need for defensive units to be used (since that is most efficient unit to use).

Hopefully the Overview makes it into the game soon. Otherwise, it is way too tedious to try to do Scavenging for more than 2-3 villages at a time. Its use really lies in early game, but if it were expanded to include an Overview, it could potentially be used mid-to-late game as well.

I'd either reduce the distances or increase the hauls as the world gets older and older.

This combined with Overview would be fantastic. As a world gets older, Barbarian villages disappear. If you increased the hauls late-game, it could bounce back and be a late-game mechanic.

DeletedUser122790

I like scav'ing, so good early game saves you hitting walls and spikes in barbs that have yet to grow and your sure to get res :)

If a change could be made maybe some kind of recall option to troops but I like it, one of TWs better ideas. Late game will be needed as there is way more barb munching going n these days :)..

Goodwork TW scav'ing really good feature.

There should definitely be a recall but that scraps what resources you have gathered(or cancel button). As well I think at the point when you have the option to use account manager is the time when scavenging should be cut off from that said account. I came back from a break to scavenging not really knowing what it was(After few years), when I went to attack someone like I usually would I wasn't expecting such a defense for tiny village. People rely on scavenging way to much rather how it used to be which was farming and rushing LC. There are too many player that farm from only scavenging and then noble a barb and continue doing the same. It doesn't make for a fun game when everyone is a turtle.

Mc Coys

Reaction score
You can only increase the hauls though with the amount of troops you send? That's the deal of scavaging am I right?

DeletedUser122887

There should definitely be a recall but that scraps what resources you have gathered(or cancel button).

I think it should stay as it is. Scavenging should have a risk to it to offset the benefits. You giving up a part of your defense in lieu of resources is a good balance.

Over 10 years we played Tw without scavenging.

And im sure we could continue without it.

This is essentially a "I don't like change" comment. A game that is this old has to change it up every so often... otherwise it stagnates.

Phil666

Scavaging is a great move for early game, especially for the lazy farmers,but as stated above it tends to negate the need for barbs and encouraging the nobling of barbs to the extent that they virtually dont exist in large areas after the mid stage of worlds
Perhaps a 10/15 village limit after which scavaging is ended could remedy this,as has been stated when you get 20 villages plus its really not needed