A few lessons on P&P

llamaswilrulesupreme

Some really frustrating characters around these forums, just a few pointers on what not to post.

A) Saying the word Fail does not mean you win the argument. Spelling it Phail, does not mean the word is somehow heightened in power.

B) Bolding and making words bigger does not mean your words become more deadly. People used to be laughed at if they needed bigger words to prove their argument, now it seems to be almost fashionable to bold your words every single post.

C) Images, not cool. Especially ones we've all seen 5000 times :icon_neutral:

D) Hiding under an alias... this isn't under what not to post, but it is kind of annoying and funny how people have to hide under a different name to post. I'm not sure they deserve anything other than to be placed upon an ignore list.

There are thousands I could list, more than the 26 letters I could have used. Anyone else think how the forums seems to have degraded themselves over time? Anyone else really feel that once again argument and intelligence, not extravagance and font should prove an argument?

Alright, rant over.

Correctomundo, fail however can make the statement that:
1) A person of limmited mental capacity is making a horrible post, with many grammatical and spelling errors...you deem it unworthy of a real rebuttle

2) You are pointing out a laughable typo

That´s about it....except I'd like to say that awesome avatars are awesome....and post count is all mighty :p

DeletedUser

1 and 3, fine, as long as used in moderation. I don't have any tolerance for people who put 'you fail' and nothing else of any weight, either. However if used with a good argument and good evidence I don't have a problem with it at all. I've only used 1 pic so far so i don't think that was too bad either. Some of the pics add more to the forum than mere text can, as long as they have more writing on them than just 'fail,' i.e. despair.com stuff is usually good, and like you say, aren't the first thing to show up on google images that everyone has already had burnt into their retinas.

2. is probably directed at me, and i'll say that I changed the font, I didn't touch the bold key >_<. I really don't see that it matters that I felt like being slightly different from the boring monotony of same font every person every post. What difference does it make, really? If it's really so god awful for people I'll use a font that doesn't resemble bold and perhaps i'll buy you some nice new glasses for christmas so you don't strain your poor eyes.

Couldn't agree more with 4.

llamaswilrulesupreme

bcoz of xms n new years holidays

As stated in my previous post, this is a prime example of posts not even worth explaining what is wrong with them, so I shall respond with an appropriate fail....

Fail

DeletedUser

yes, I have noticed it since I came back to TW and unfortunaately it seems to have affected me so that I keep flaming random idiots as the are just so damn annoying, painting myself in a bad light in the process.

DeletedUser

Bh, I thank you for posting this thread. There is nothing wrong with trying to raise the bar. I hope to see some truly interesting and original ideas come to light in this world. The sooner the better.

That being said, this is how I stack up to your lessons:

A) Saying the word Fail does not mean you win the argument. Spelling it Phail, does not mean the word is somehow heightened in power.

Guilty. :icon_redface:

B) Bolding and making words bigger does not mean your words become more deadly. People used to be laughed at if they needed bigger words to prove their argument, now it seems to be almost fashionable to bold your words every single post.

D) Hiding under an alias... this isn't under what not to post, but it is kind of annoying and funny how people have to hide under a different name to post. I'm not sure they deserve anything other than to be placed upon an ignore list.

Finally, one I can say for sure that I am not guilty of... You can follow my trail of sad attemps at propaganda back for years. :icon_eek:

That gives me an idea..:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Seriously, I hope that the guy who made fashion about posting 'fail' gets AIDS. it has really gotten out of hand, it's not funny in any way nor does it qualify as flaming in my eyes. Even a monkey could can copy and then repeat it over and over again. It's starting to be pretty annoying as originality in flaming has gone next to nothing.

And what comes to posting reply pictures. Well Im ashamed to admit it but Im the one that started it on P&P. Yes, me! And may I advice that you go check my post history and see date when I started using those and then look for some older ones before you start flaming me. Know what you are talking/debating/arguing about, people seem to forget that good phrase. But I got over it and those pictures are really over used and annoying in when used way too much! And way too often picture isn't really even related to the discussion at all! And worst of all, motivational posters (yes, they are motivational posters, not demotivational like some people like to call em'), those are the cancer which is slowly killing last bits of originality from forums.

And about bolding and larger font size, "Force is no substitute for intelligence"

Last but not least, aliases (suprised? o_O)... Actually this goes for all cathegories. Have you people ever heard of funny place called /b/. In case not, it's a nice place where you can be anonymous and watch as other 12-years-old "/b/tards" keep posting fail and phail over and over and over again, sometimes even in a form of picture, well actually that too happens pretty often. Well who am I kidding, it happens all the time there! And best of all, you can join the party and keep posting fail-pics from the bottom of your heart!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Agreed on everything, BA, except motivationals. I love those. :p

And true about /b/. Trolls are welcome there.

TheRoyalToe

Meh, I'm an alias, but just about everyone from world 6 should know who I am by now :/

DeletedUser

And what comes to posting reply pictures. Well Im ashamed to admit it but Im the one that started it on P&P. Yes, me! And may I advice that you go check my post history and see date when I started using those and then look for some older ones before you start flaming me.

thats not an accurate claim. Picture propaganda was used in early W1 and even in german (and as far as I know, dutch) servers before tw.net existed.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
I take some of your points, that in small moderation, it could be used to good effect, I should really have said using these in excess, though actually using the word fail should never be used.

DeletedUser4190

Some really frustrating characters around these forums, just a few pointers on what not to post.

There are thousands I could list, more than the 26 letters I could have used. Anyone else think how the forums seems to have degraded themselves over time? Anyone else really feel that once again argument and intelligence, not extravagance and font should prove an argument?

Alright, rant over.
you PHAIL
phail.jpg

DeletedUser4190

Yea, about 5 or 6 have done that now :)

the one time when dont spend hours on end reading every single post

anyway hidden used to be an alias(on a game i played before this)
now i just like it

DeletedUser

Ah it seems bloodhood was right... all he wrote happend... you guys who post pic and write phail and other stuff are so easy to manipulate... he didnt put that first post to make point... just to make you guys look funny...

At the 5th page you are really funny now haha

DeletedUser57808

Ah it seems bloodhood was right... all he wrote happend... you guys who post pic and write phail and other stuff are so easy to manipulate... he didnt put that first post to make point... just to make you guys look funny...

At the 5th page you are really funny now haha
Honestly... What?

You seem to be more of an example than most who have posted in this thread.

DeletedUser

thats the... THINGY lol I like the rolling eyes aswell its fun. :lol:

:icon_rolleyes:

If you are 4 years old I guess, but the rest of us actually come on here to post something half bearable.