[A] - Hulk tutorial

DeletedUser

Just to mention there are no special settings on the brushes,just what PS has as defaults...:)

hulktut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pretty awesome tutorial Law. The only problem I can see is that you don't explain some things thoroughly enough for my liking. For example, you say "I added some effects" but there's no specification on what those effects are, but those effects are pretty important for the sigs texture so it's kind of vital that they should be explained.

Nice sig by the way.

DeletedUser

Pretty awesome tutorial Law. The only problem I can see is that you don't explain some things thoroughly enough for my liking. For example, you say "I added some effects" but there's no specification on what those effects are, but those effects are pretty important for the sigs texture so it's kind of vital that they should be explained.

Nice sig by the way.

First of all thanks,and secondly I suppose you mean in the 9th step where I say "I added some effects in the left,middle up and right bottom side of the tag"...well if you download the image pack in the end of the tut you will understand what effect I mean,this one...http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2176/freeformbybrandonwagner.jpg
If you have any means of how I could explain better what effects I mean other than showing the image itself feel free to tell me,so I can improve my explanations in the next tuts I make...:)

DeletedUser

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I totally missed that pack at the bottom. Just me not paying attention to what's in front of me. But anyway, the main thing here is to not tell them what to do, but tell them why the should do something. Understanding will help them become a way better sig maker in comparison to someone who just follows instructions. Like in the example we were discussing, where the effects add more texture and complexity to otherwise simple smudging.

Or another example, in the step where you duplicate and smudge the render, you could have explained that you're doing this because it takes the colours directly from the render and helps sort out the colour scheme. It's only a line of text to be added, but it makes the reader think about it.

DeletedUser

Hmm,yeah thanks,I know what you mean,I'll be sure to keep that in mind for my next tuts,btw duplicating and smudging the render also helps with the blending...:icon_razz: