A lesson in not how to recruit...

DeletedUser111875

Insert a cool clip of Julie Andrews spinning about on a hilltop --> The hills are alive with the sound of Flaming!!!

Majestic, you clearly have no idea who I am.

The reason of this thread is to highlight the poor approach that Apes is utilising to recruit people. Looking in distant K's and finding people with high ODA and large points is NOT how to recruit if that tribe wants to last longer than a month. Apes are recruiting people more than 50 hours away from their main area and then expecting them to fend for themselves. Apes clearly recruits people that are obscenely offensive. This fundamentally means that they have no intention to assist with support in any manner if someone comes under attack. This is one of the worst ways to build a tribe.

I can hear the silent murmurs in apes now:
"Woohoo, I'm in the number 1 tribe, but I better not lose my troops or get farmed as my Duke will be hovering over the boot button..."

In regards to the bootings, some people have discussed bans. Its illegal to discuss the details of such bans, so I will simply mention that this issue will have a massive impact on Apes' reputation now and well into the future. A tribe full of cheaters is a tribe that cannot be trusted. I wish Apes all the best in getting solid diplomacy from now on.

As for your 5 points that you listed above, I'll leave the analysis to the people that have posted above as they have covered each point quite well and shot your theories to shit. I seriously suggest you listen to what they have said. I know most of them personally through previous wars in other worlds and they're making a mockery of your comments.

Please stop while you are behind.

On a side note, good to see you here Numba!

he better boot me then :D and everyone else for that matter we got kinda high OD <3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser64969

First let me say this is the majority but there always exceptions as with anything, just as nature intended :p

I wouldn't say people shot all his theories to shit at all, firstly i'd say the majority of cases common sense dictates if you don't have premium don't recruit them, as soon as they get afew incomings there outta here or simply can't handle them just to slowness, and if you can't farm your never going to get anywhere at start up, that's a given, if your lucky you may creep on by.

and comparing world 1 players to now is pointless, when i first started the game w 1-5 players thought they were the shit, when i played against them a year after i joined, they were turling pointwhores for the most part, even ones on high ranking accounts, but to get to my main point, the game was completely and utterly different back then, you never even touched upon the scale of things you have now as the games evolved.

Having to clear your 14x14, mehhh, I wouldn't even attempt that, maybe my 7x7 pushing to 11x11 at most if your lucky with pointwhores.

People should be able to snipe backtime ect, but lets say you get a rare person who's active and has common sense you can teach them...
If there active and have common sense they will work out how to farm within the first week and read some guides on the forum so there growth will be pretty good, but most people on this game are thick fucks and expect people to teach them personally, but theres this little tool called account sitting, just looking at someones account you can learn what there like and how they play if you have the sense to look deep.

another thing i'd like to point out, you say you should clear your 14x14 but not whore for 10k ODA, you may want to elaborate on this, i have cleared about 10 major farms and i'm sitting at 9k something ODA.......

And i do believe that you can't mess around with the majority of people in this game, you just have to get that top 5% and hope for the best, unless you can place known players on accounts. that's why people put these little "filters" in there recruitment just to weed out most players, Do the filters work? to varying degrees but in the hopes of saving yourself time listening to idiots that know nothing about the game, i think it's a good idea.

DeletedUser100646

Total hauled should come first, it is a better descriptor of intelligence & application thanany other measure. Od is a bad stat to follow, far more situational.
A d main should still be hoaring lc at startup and maintain a nominal oda in first weeks, anythingelse is ceding the farming advantage to competitors which boosts the O it''s D has to compete with.

Many many people know the words snipe &backtime without knowing best practice, or having the wit to know when to count their eggs. Likewise there are people who have played multiple worlds without making significant use of pa, or those thatt feel fa is enough. Those that make no use of zomgtw
ortribalwarsmap or etc, but in recruiting you hace to start somewhere.

I fail to see what is quite so terrible about that policy apart from an apparent disregard for troop conservation and a defreq.

DeletedUser111875

Well there is a big different between versions of tribal wars.

Example:
.net have lots of barbs and lots of players it's amazing to be here<3
.se lack of players sure the quality is very good these days, but the lack of barbs makes the fights more intense and you start op's before noble stage.

I can hear the silent murmurs in apes now:
"Woohoo, I'm in the number 1 tribe, but I better not lose my troops or get farmed as my Duke will be hovering over the boot button..."

Apes do not push for ranks it's not our fault we have high HQ, Barrack, Stable and tons of farms and it provides us with good amount of points and resources.

and if a person lose troops to backtime an enemy then they provided a good reason.
it's better to focus first village more offensive to farm instead to focus pits and swords.

but i understand if everyone got their own opinion i just feel it's better to farm 300k+ at this stage from farms and not having resource level 30 or something close too it.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Nice to see you still around, and mentioning Maccy D always gets me nostalgic.

You know if any of the others who played 41 are still around faaaaark?

I know this was not directed at me, but I will answer anyways. Booza was with Faaaaark and I on another world for little bit. Since then, I've played with or met a few other World 41 players.

First let me say this is the majority but there always exceptions as with anything, just as nature intended :p

I wouldn't say people shot all his theories to shit at all, firstly i'd say the majority of cases common sense dictates if you don't have premium don't recruit them, as soon as they get afew incomings there outta here or simply can't handle them just to slowness, and if you can't farm your never going to get anywhere at start up, that's a given, if your lucky you may creep on by.

and comparing world 1 players to now is pointless, when i first started the game w 1-5 players thought they were the shit, when i played against them a year after i joined, they were turling pointwhores for the most part, even ones on high ranking accounts, but to get to my main point, the game was completely and utterly different back then, you never even touched upon the scale of things you have now as the games evolved.

Having to clear your 14x14, mehhh, I wouldn't even attempt that, maybe my 7x7 pushing to 11x11 at most if your lucky with pointwhores.

People should be able to snipe backtime ect, but lets say you get a rare person who's active and has common sense you can teach them...
If there active and have common sense they will work out how to farm within the first week and read some guides on the forum so there growth will be pretty good, but most people on this game are thick fucks and expect people to teach them personally, but theres this little tool called account sitting, just looking at someones account you can learn what there like and how they play if you have the sense to look deep.

another thing i'd like to point out, you say you should clear your 14x14 but not whore for 10k ODA, you may want to elaborate on this, i have cleared about 10 major farms and i'm sitting at 9k something ODA.......

And i do believe that you can't mess around with the majority of people in this game, you just have to get that top 5% and hope for the best, unless you can place known players on accounts. that's why people put these little "filters" in there recruitment just to weed out most players, Do the filters work? to varying degrees but in the hopes of saving yourself time listening to idiots that know nothing about the game, i think it's a good idea.

-I disagree, his statements were thoroughly corrected.

-In regards to this statement, "common sense dictates if you don't have premium don't recruit them": That is a terrible way to look at it because having or not having premium does not make a player better or worse. Premium services simply make the game easier for players with less time on their hands. Some players can noble hundreds of villages without premium services and do just fine whereas some premium players use the services offered and do terrible. Some players don't have premium for various reasons, either they are not able to afford or they simply may not want it, etc.

-In regards to this statement, "if you can't farm your never going to get anywhere at start up, that's a given, if your lucky you may creep on by.": That is not "a given", that's an opinion. Some players simply don't farm at all at startup and do fine with the resources their mines can produce. Sure, farming may help, but it's not guaranteed to help you get past startup because another player could simply clear you.

-In regards to the statement, "and comparing world 1 players to now is pointless, when i first started the game w 1-5 players thought they were the shit, when i played against them a year after i joined, they were turling pointwhores for the most part, even ones on high ranking accounts, but to get to my main point, the game was completely and utterly different back then, you never even touched upon the scale of things you have now as the games evolved.": I think the first part is entirely an opinion and not a statement of fact because you couldn't possibly know what every "top player" on all 5 of those worlds was doing in regards to play style, etc. unless you thoroughly fought every one of them. As for the game being different back then, yes, it was very different and so many things have changed since back then, Churches, flags, P2P, Secrets wins, etc.

-In regards to the statement, "but lets say you get a rare person who's active and has common sense you can teach them..." and "but most people on this game are thick fucks and expect people to teach them personally": There are a lot of players out there that would love to have help in learning the game. It's not "common sense" that makes a player easier to teach, it's willingness to learn and ability to retain things learned. Saying that most people are thick is a personal opinion and you cannot prove that statement as fact. Account sitting is not the easiest way to learn by any means, however, you could give them useful guides, show them the rules, show them the helpful wiki, and answer any questions that they may have afterwards.

-In regards to the statement, "And i do believe that you can't mess around with the majority of people in this game, you just have to get that top 5% and hope for the best, unless you can place known players on accounts. that's why people put these little "filters" in there recruitment just to weed out most players, Do the filters work? to varying degrees but in the hopes of saving yourself time listening to idiots that know nothing about the game, i think it's a good idea.": Saying you can't mess around with a majority of the people in this game is crazy. There are over 50 million registered TribalWars players and saying that statement, you are giving up on over 47.5 million players (the bottom 95%). Also, why do you have to get "known players" onto accounts, why not mix it up a bit and have new players for a change? Instead of calling players "idiots who know nothing about the game", why not try and help teach them the game.

Total hauled should come first, it is a better descriptor of intelligence & application thanany other measure. Od is a bad stat to follow, far more situational.
A d main should still be hoaring lc at startup and maintain a nominal oda in first weeks, anythingelse is ceding the farming advantage to competitors which boosts the O it''s D has to compete with.

Many many people know the words snipe &backtime without knowing best practice, or having the wit to know when to count their eggs. Likewise there are people who have played multiple worlds without making significant use of pa, or those thatt feel fa is enough. Those that make no use of zomgtw
ortribalwarsmap or etc, but in recruiting you hace to start somewhere.

I fail to see what is quite so terrible about that policy apart from an apparent disregard for troop conservation and a defreq.

-You fail to see what is terrible about that policy? Those recruitment parameters effectively give up on new players, players that don't use premium services, non-farmers, etc.
-Of course OD is situational. Players with very high ODDs tend to frontline players and players who are constantly attacked. However, looking at the ODA to points/villages ratio and seeing how it compares to other players in the world can be useful.
-Total Hauled is by no means a better depiction of intelligence and application than any other measure. If you want application, look at a player's account histories including their start and end dates on the accounts, the type of caps they made, and their ODA. There are many ways to assess a player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser64969

Quite simple reasons.....

First if you do not have premium I do not care what anyone says, when they come under attack now (2014, not 2009) you cannot defend properly, if you have thousands of incomings it's simply too slow and you will lose regardless how good at defending you are, my previous experience supports this rather well if not entirely. and an issue i didn't highlight but should have, the majority of people can afford premium, alot of the people that don't have it can, they choose not to buy it as there not that bothered about the advantages, as they don't really put any effort into the game, hence why i would never recruit them. for the very few players now that can't get access to premium points that are useful, you're an exception and nothing more.

50 million register users means nothing, you get worlds with 30,000 people on max and about 10,000 of them play if that, out of that 10,000 9900 are useless, hence why worlds are so quickly finished now, theirs nobody to replace them as fast and the worlds are a much smaller scale, although the pace of the games scale has increased so much, most likely why the game has declined as it's too complicated and requires too much time and dedication to play properly.

and obviously bashing w1-5 players was an opinion but regardless i think you'll find when i started the majority of them were bad players, they did not evolve with the game nevertheless an opinion.

and why do you get known players? well i'm surprised i'm going to answer this, people cannot be trusted in this game to do simple things or be active ect the list goes on, so you get tried and tested people and minimize the risk, otherwise if you get random people you lose wars, accounts go inactive or get stolen, or the people on it are generally useless, common sense anyone who has led a tribe or being frontline knows this.

and as for teaching people, I offer people a chance to learn from me when i turn them into farms, I give them a nice message and say I've had rank one, 11 times and several top 5 accounts across my 6-7 years of tribalwars across lots of servers, i even tell them i will send them resources to there new village on the rim and that now i have confirmed that if they restart i will send resources, then I must send them otherwise they can report me as it states in the rules.

but do you know how many takes the offer I give them? NONE as they all think they know exactly what to do and there just as good, when in reality they are useless pit whores, stupid people are often the most prideful for no reason other than "for the sake of it", that's just a common observation from my life, and with a large % of the population being stupid it's pretty easy to confirm this, although many people will disagree with anything i say, everyone has there opinions, it's just that my opinions seem to get me rank 1 every world i play properly.

But as always theirs exceptions to the rules........

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sorry, I just had to interject before my guts burst from laughing. You just wrote 4 paragraphs about how great you are and then said:
...stupid people are often the most prideful for no reason other than "for the sake of it...",

Just thought I'd point it out.

DeletedUser64969

Sorry, I just had to interject before my guts burst from laughing. You just wrote 4 paragraphs about how great you are and then said:

Just thought I'd point it out.

where did i say i was great exactly?, i merely stated i get rank 1, which is a fact, i used to back up my points, as I think my opinions are right, as does everyone hence what makes it an opinion, but as far as tribalwars goes, my opinion and assumptions seem to be on the whole quite correct, otherwise i wouldn't replicating top ranked accounts every world i played. if i made mistakes i would not be making top ranked accounts time and time again, so luck or starting advantages can be completely excluded, therefore only one logical thing is left, i probably know what i'm talking about :icon_rolleyes:

I know it sounds egotistical, but i do have abit of an ego rofl. can't really be helped when you produce results.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Oh I didn't say you were or were not any good. After all each world is a different challenge. I just pointed out a funny part in your post :)

DeletedUser64969

Sorry, I just had to interject before my guts burst from laughing. You just wrote 4 paragraphs about how great you are and then said: .

Let me point something out....

When you learn to read you'll realize that i did not imply that you said i was good, but merely stated where did i say i was "great" which you said i wrote 4 paragraphs on how great i am, when i only mentioned my rank in the 2nd to last paragraph which would be the only reference implying greatness but if i may say, was used to argue my opinion.

So when you do anything useful or get any worthwhile achievements on tribalwars then you can attempt trolling, hopefully to a better standard. :)

DeletedUser

Well, considering you wrote the entire thing as if your opinions happened to be carved onto a slate and handed down to Moses I thought I would point out your saying that prideful people are usually stupid.

Hopefully that clears that up.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Quite simple reasons.....
Quite stupid reasons actually. You clearly have no leadership skills and I'd certainly consider you to be selfish in your approach to this game. Please allow me to shred your post

First if you do not have premium I do not care what anyone says, when they come under attack now (2014, not 2009) you cannot defend properly, if you have thousands of incomings it's simply too slow and you will lose regardless how good at defending you are, my previous experience supports this rather well if not entirely. and an issue i didn't highlight but should have, the majority of people can afford premium, alot of the people that don't have it can, they choose not to buy it as there not that bothered about the advantages, as they don't really put any effort into the game, hence why i would never recruit them. for the very few players now that can't get access to
Show me a new account in THIS world that has 1000's of incomings. You are applying mid-game and late-game theories to a world that is 2 weeks old. While I will always use Premium, I have no fear in recruiting someone that is not using premium AT THIS STAGE of the world. Several of my recruits have said that they see no need for it AT THE MOMENT.

So are you going to turn that player away if they applied for an invite, but intended to use it in 2-3 weeks time???

10,000 9900 are useless, hence why worlds are so quickly finished now, theirs nobody to replace them as fast and the worlds are a much smaller scale, although the pace of the games scale has increased so much, most likely why the game has declined as it's too complicated and requires too much time and dedication to play properly.
What total bullshit. Are you seriously saying there are only 100 quality players in this world?? I brought more than 15 gun players to this world and have found a few more along the way. Extrapolate that out across the number of tribes in this world and your '100' quality player theory is total bullshit.

The game has always been complicated from a tactical point of view, but if anything, the game is now easier due to scripts and the new options with farming etc. When I played the game 5-7 years ago, we did not have scripts and we certainly did not have barbs that grew, which allowed for infinite coins/packets.

At that time, I had a 1500 village account. Imagine controlling 1500 villages without scripts or farming aids. Additionally, there are now quests to help the new players and to point them in the right direction. There are also events that boost your resource production if you get the right one.

TW is in decline due to many reasons, none of which is the crap that you listed above.

Wake up you muppet.

and obviously bashing w1-5 players was an opinion but regardless i think you'll find when i started the majority of them were bad players, they did not evolve with the game nevertheless an opinion.
Yes it is your opinion and we'd prefer for you to keep it to yourself. All you did was slander ALL early world players. I probably fall into this category as I first started playing in W7, but I'd happily war you - early-game, mid-game or late-game.

This game is about adjusting your gameplay to suit the new and evolving tactics of the new worlds. I remember when backtiming was non-existent but now it's the norm. You change your game and you grow in experience by doing it.

Please do not insult the older world players. If it weren't for them, this game would not exist. Meh...

and why do you get known players? well i'm surprised i'm going to answer this, people cannot be trusted in this game to do simple things or be active ect the list goes on, so you get tried and tested people and minimize the risk, otherwise if you get random people you lose wars, accounts go inactive or get stolen, or the people on it are generally useless, common sense anyone who has led a tribe or being frontline knows this.
So what are you going to do when all of those known players to you decide to quit the game? Go and have a look at the big names in this game and most have quit.

In contrast, I have an extensive list of friends in this game as I give new players the chance to play with my tribe. I create new friendships and I mentor them on the finer parts of the game. I'd have a noob that is willing to learn over an elite that will not listen or will rage quit when their nuke dies any day.

Here's a thought.... a few years back, I joined a world and I knew no one. I ended up playing with a completely new group of players. My God.... we won the damn world. I did not know a single player in that world when I started as the settings were completely different to my usual group's preferred settings, but I now have a larger group of friends to draw upon.

and as for teaching people, I offer people a chance to learn from me when i turn them into farms, I give them a nice message and say I've had rank one, 11 times and several top 5 accounts across my 6-7 years of tribalwars across lots of servers, i even tell them i will send them resources to there new village on the rim and that now i have confirmed that if they restart i will send resources, then I must send them otherwise they can report me as it states in the rules.
Wow... !! 11 times as number 1... wanna a cookie?

I've also been #1 in other worlds but it means sweet stuff all in this world.

Please refer to my comment above about known players. You will end up with a smaller and smaller group of reliable friends to play with if you use this approach. Admittedly, you will definitely find idiots when teaching people and you cut your losses with these ones, but every now and then you will have the chance to find the next #1 player of a world. You will then have the satisfaction of being able to sit back and soak in their achievements.

Even more important is that they will be loyal to you forever as you were the one that gave them the opportunity to shine.

but do you know how many takes the offer I give them? NONE as they all think they know exactly what to do and there just as good, when in reality they are useless pit whores, stupid people are often the most prideful for no reason other than "for the sake of it", that's just a common observation from my life, and with a large % of the population being stupid it's pretty easy to confirm this, although many people will disagree with anything i say, everyone has there opinions, it's just that my opinions seem to get me rank 1 every world i play properly.

But as always theirs exceptions to the rules........
I liken this game to life as this is as much a social game as it is a war game. If you apply your above statements to life, you will live a lonely and sad life... too afraid to trust those new people that you will meet. Good luck playing with your 'elite group' of friends that will dwindle with time.

You remind me of that type of player that wants nothing to do with leadership and expects everything to be done their way within the tribe but they refuse to assist. You'd be the one that would question EVERY council decision and would ignore sensible requests. You would be that player that is happy to do their own thing because you are so 'elite' and you are 'so special'.

Over the years I've had players like you in my tribes and we've booted and rimmed them as they are not worth the effort due to their selfishness. In a nutshell, you seem like the type of player that makes leadership a tiring job.

Meh....

Pen Island.

LOL after reading this I think I need to change my current recruitment strategy to avoid being flamed... *sigh* LOVE the personal attacks though ;)

DeletedUser

chill-out-and-smoke-weed-4.png

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]
[/SPOIL]

lol... We're here to flame and tbh I am loving it.

Finally some life in a forum and its not about stupid shit such as:
- Mines
- Resources farmed
- Blowing hot air up each other's asses in regards to points, ODA, avatars, reputations and position on the map
- And most importantly - dumbass milestones.

If you want to discuss kiddies stuff, take it to the W75 General discussion section.

This section is for PnP and it always has been - for the new people that's Politics and Propaganda (see how I taught the new guys about our game?? It's not hard to do...).

God I miss the old flame wars and I'm simply trying to rekindle what this game is all about - battles on the battelfield and flame wars in here. Bring back the biff and let's make this game what it used to be - a war of words that usually spills over the to battlefield.

It's been years since I was infracted/banned for flaming and I miss it.

DeletedUser111875

lol... We're here to flame and tbh I am loving it.

Finally some life in a forum and its not about stupid shit such as:
- Mines
- Resources farmed
- Blowing hot air up each other's asses in regards to points, ODA, avatars, reputations and position on the map
- And most importantly - dumbass milestones.

If you want to discuss kiddies stuff, take it to the W75 General discussion section.

This section is for PnP and it always has been - for the new people that's Politics and Propaganda (see how I taught the new guys about our game?? It's not hard to do...).

God I miss the old flame wars and I'm simply trying to rekindle what this game is all about - battles on the battelfield and flame wars in here. Bring back the biff and let's make this game what it used to be - a war of words that usually spills over the to battlefield.

It's been years since I was infracted/banned for flaming and I miss it.

well you can start with changing your Location to happily rebuilding tribal wars :D :D :D