A lesson in not how to recruit...

DeletedUser64969

For purposes of dividing the post i'll just write in bold :p

Quite stupid reasons actually. You clearly have no leadership skills and I'd certainly consider you to be selfish in your approach to this game. Please allow me to shred your post

​Not completely selfish, but moderately, but i'm generous to the right people ( the deserving ones) and i'm more than happy to spend weeks sitting there accounts and giving and clearing villages for them as i've done countless times, otherwise i would have never finished any worlds, if your not part of the team theirs little reason being there in the end up.

Show me a new account in THIS world that has 1000's of incomings. You are applying mid-game and late-game theories to a world that is 2 weeks old. While I will always use Premium, I have no fear in recruiting someone that is not using premium AT THIS STAGE of the world. Several of my recruits have said that they see no need for it AT THE MOMENT.

Won't argue with that it's quite correct. although i hope these None premium guys are using FA., although it's not needed theirs other stuff to use for farming. obviously when i'm talking about something i should direct it to this stage of the world, i'm use to playing late game and automatically go to that.

So are you going to turn that player away if they applied for an invite, but intended to use it in 2-3 weeks time???

read the above, i can agree at start up it isn't necessary although it helps, i personally wouldn't play without premium as it's too much work, for people that can persevere without it then i'd say well done to them if there playing well, the few exceptions as we get into mid game, i'd say if they could get premium they'd be really good.

What total bullshit. Are you seriously saying there are only 100 quality players in this world?? I brought more than 15 gun players to this world and have found a few more along the way. Extrapolate that out across the number of tribes in this world and your '100' quality player theory is total bullshit.

More or less once start up is over and people are into 50 villages or so, 100-150 good long term players, i didn't go into specific's so can see why you've said that, but even now this worlds populations decent players is less than 5%.

The game has always been complicated from a tactical point of view, but if anything, the game is now easier due to scripts and the new options with farming etc. When I played the game 5-7 years ago, we did not have scripts and we certainly did not have barbs that grew, which allowed for infinite coins/packets

Can't argue with that, controlling 3000 villages 4-5 years ago was a pain. but got easier towards end of these worlds as new features came in ( game evolving as i commented on multiple times)

At that time, I had a 1500 village account. Imagine controlling 1500 villages without scripts or farming aids. Additionally, there are now quests to help the new players and to point them in the right direction. There are also events that boost your resource production if you get the right one.

TW is in decline due to many reasons, none of which is the crap that you listed above.

I'd say bullshit to that, the game is alot harder due to "elite" players taking over so quickly, lets be honest the game is favored towards active people now more than ever, if you're active and a good player the noobs get wiped out early, who wants to play a game where it takes alot of time to play then you get dominated by someone and poof your gone? very few, although there's alot more important reasons to why it's declining the above doesn't help when your a new player wanting to get into tribalwars and last thing you want is to be repeatedly dominated, but most of these players do not help themselves at all, very few have sense to look at guides or just listen.

Wake up you muppet.

Yes it is your opinion and we'd prefer for you to keep it to yourself. All you did was slander ALL early world players. I probably fall into this category as I first started playing in W7, but I'd happily war you - early-game, mid-game or late-game.

You most likely do fall into that category if you're putting yourself in it, and i did not slander all of them, i quite clearly said the majority, they did not progress with the game's advanced techniques, but as i said that's my opinion :), if you feel you fall into this category then i'd say your saying my point is correct then? .

This game is about adjusting your gameplay to suit the new and evolving tactics of the new worlds. I remember when backtiming was non-existent but now it's the norm. You change your game and you grow in experience by doing it.

Please do not insult the older world players. If it weren't for them, this game would not exist. Meh...

Read the above, and it wasn't intended to be insulting as such, well that wasn't the purpose for why i said it, it was referring to someone saying that they use to defend without premium on world 1, hence me saying it was a completely different game back then and completely reduced on scale, because there was no scripts and the knowledge wasn't there for the majority of early world players as you've already stated, which i've said aleady, but trust me the techniques were there, or the vast majority of techniques used today, like T train, thats being around for 8 or 9 years i think according to early world players i know, maybe even longer.

So what are you going to do when all of those known players to you decide to quit the game? Go and have a look at the big names in this game and most have quit.

As i've said the game is declining, the best players are usually the ones to go first, hence why theirs alot less good players around :| and it's far more difficult to find reliable people, when the reliable people are gone you struggle the world dies and declines to nothing as usually happens with alot of worlds in tribalwars.

In contrast, I have an extensive list of friends in this game as I give new players the chance to play with my tribe. I create new friendships and I mentor them on the finer parts of the game. I'd have a noob that is willing to learn over an elite that will not listen or will rage quit when their nuke dies any day.

And i agree, as i've said i'm more than happy to teach players that are the right people to teach and most people are not the right people to teach, but the few you get makes it all worth it, and yes they become very loyal to the teacher and help you in turn when you need it, with it being a team game you cannot go it alone.

Here's a thought.... a few years back, I joined a world and I knew no one. I ended up playing with a completely new group of players. My God.... we won the damn world. I did not know a single player in that world when I started as the settings were completely different to my usual group's preferred settings, but I now have a larger group of friends to draw upon.

I did that on 25 my first world and won it :)

Wow... !! 11 times as number 1... wanna a cookie?

yes i like cookies, can i have 11 of them?

I've also been #1 in other worlds but it means sweet stuff all in this world.

it means sweet stuff? i presume you mean it mean's nothing in this world, i'd disagree if your a good player you can play to any settings, EG coins/packets 2 speed to 1 speed, farming/no farming, being rank 1 on them all, means you can adapt to any given situation so yes it make's all the difference, what is this game about if not adapting to your surroundings?.

as you said in the 3rd above post, "
when I started as the settings were completely different to my usual group's preferred settings"
​So getting rank 1 and implementing different principles into different settings means nothing then?

Please refer to my comment above about known players. You will end up with a smaller and smaller group of reliable friends to play with if you use this approach. Admittedly, you will definitely find idiots when teaching people and you cut your losses with these ones, but every now and then you will have the chance to find the next #1 player of a world. You will then have the satisfaction of being able to sit back and soak in their achievements.

Even more important is that they will be loyal to you forever as you were the one that gave them the opportunity to shine.

quite true.

I liken this game to life as this is as much a social game as it is a war game. If you apply your above statements to life, you will live a lonely and sad life... too afraid to trust those new people that you will meet. Good luck playing with your 'elite group' of friends that will dwindle with time.

You remind me of that type of player that wants nothing to do with leadership and expects everything to be done their way within the tribe but they refuse to assist. You'd be the one that would question EVERY council decision and would ignore sensible requests. You would be that player that is happy to do their own thing because you are so 'elite' and you are 'so special'.

I'm quite easy going generally, although i like doing things the right way, although theirs many "right ways" which lead to the same goal, and nothing to do with leadership :D most worlds i've played i've had something to do with it as people expect me to do things within the tribe for them, Eg they relied on me to fill certain roles, although I'm not keen on leading.

and as i said before if i was the smart little bastard that upjumped every tribe decision i would not have finished 3 worlds, most of the people i finished with like me, although i've not spoken to many of them in years, but if you want to think that, then do so :p, if council members make a requests and it's in the tribes interests i will do it, if not i will disagree and talk about it, as i said it's all about adapting sometimes your council is wrong and things need to change, sometimes i am wrong and need correcting, end of the day you will never get better at anything unless corrected by someone who's better in than certain feild.

But you seem to be pulling alot of assumptions out of your arse about me personally, when you more than likely don't know 1/10 of the worlds i've played or accounts, so i'll just say that's idiotic, but your welcome to your opinion.

Over the years I've had players like you in my tribes and we've booted and rimmed them as they are not worth the effort due to their selfishness. In a nutshell, you seem like the type of player that makes leadership a tiring job.

As i'm usually in some form of leadership position i prefer to make it as easy as possible, less work the better, so flame anyway you've not really said much of use here apart from attempting to insult me and say i'm a terrible team mate and tribe member, i'll admit i'm not the best team player but i'm far from the worse, usually if i like someone i go out of my way to help them, but people i dislike i see no point in helping unless it's for a tribal benefit.

On the whole this was quite simply a waste of time replying, but because of my enormous ego i felt the need.

Meh....

DeletedUser

Dave you just wrote 1100 Words in I'm assuming 10 mins or less; at that rate you could re-write the New Testament in less than a day.

All Hail the Messiah!

Jesus-Christ-The-Messiah.jpg

DeletedUser64969

bow down to my godliness, i r jebas reborn

Ps i wrote it in the first place.......

DeletedUser

For purposes of dividing the post i'll just write in bold :p

I do like how you have back-peddled about Premium and teaching noobs and a few other things. You should have stood your ground and stuck to your original story. Changing your point of view only makes you look more ignorant.

As for the cookies, feel free to pm your coordinates to me and I'll have my axes deliver them immediately.
My axes provide an excellent delivery service.... plenty of satisfied customers so far.

Anyways, this is so far off topic.
Maybe we should analyze the recent apes recruits...

DeletedUser64969

I do like how you have back-peddled about Premium and teaching noobs and a few other things. You should have stood your ground and stuck to your original story. Changing your point of view only makes you look more ignorant.

As for the cookies, feel free to pm your coordinates to me and I'll have my axes deliver them immediately.
My axes provide an excellent delivery service.... plenty of satisfied customers so far.

Anyways, this is so far off topic.
Maybe we should analyze the recent apes recruits...

How did i back peddle i just clarified what i meant, i'll stick to my opinions how they are, maybe you haven't read the above posts properly or maybe i didn't put them clearly so you can interpreted them anyway you like which is naturally negative, but i think they can be interpreted in one way now I've clarified them, seem's you don't like what I've said and have nothing note worthy to add i'm backpedaling :icon_rolleyes: pathetic

and i want my cookies at two nerds one account please, if i don't get them i'll come knocking.

DeletedUser

Can I have some cookies too? 509|395 <--- send here

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Oh how I have missed your posts faaaaark. ^^

There once was a player named Faaaaark. He was a wandering troll, posting in threads everywhere, flaming to his hearts content, then one day, the forums were quiet, the flaming god known as Faaaaark disappeared, having went into a deep slumber somewhere on a remote island somewhere in a deep dark cave. Then one day a special little noob came along and shined a light on the old flame lord, giving him a renewed determination to once again be the legendary flame king of the stories used to scare small children.

The End.

-BGeorge3

To keep on topic, how about them Apes? :p

DeletedUser

Oh how I have missed your posts faaaaark. ^^
Hey fella, long time no see. Ya gotta love trolling the trolls. Looks like I found a live one here...

seem's you don't like what I've said
You clearly don't know me too well. Look at what the others are saying ^^. They know me very well and they are loving the banter. You're not even in Apes, so I have no idea why you posted here in the first place other than to boast about your eleven #1's. You're 'probably' a good player, but you have an extremely shortsighted view on this game and how to interact with others. I'm just setting you straight with your errant ways.

You're also a terrible PnP'r.

With this said:
How did i back peddle i just clarified what i meant
You need to learn to be concise in your communication so that you don't make yourself look like a total douche. Your initial post was full of ego and it deserved to be pulled apart. Others have agreed with me here and I don't see too many people coming to your rescue.

I have no issues with you personally, but I do take offense when you insult more than half the community. As for me being negative, this is nothing chump. Please see BGeorge's post above for more information.

and i want my cookies at two nerds one account please, if i don't get them i'll come knocking.
You'd probably need to work out where I am on the map first. I know Apes is looking but they have no clue, which was expected.
Tbh, its not that hard to find me... but we're dealing with a bunch of apes here.

Ultimately, my beef in this thread is not with you... it's with Apes so please put your ego aside for once and get out of the way.

DeletedUser

I personally very much enjoy helping new players, and taking chances on players that are interested in improving. I remember the worlds before "elite" tribes where that was all there was. Taking the people in your area/continent and doing the best with them that you could. Chances are over half of them would end up quitting or showing off their nubbiness in all its magnificence but at the end of the day, the 30-40% that actually learned and stayed active and payed attention, were worth the trouble.

Immune its funny that you flame the "early world players" because your description of them does not match what I remember "us" being. In fact...I seem to recall a post where you personally called out every player in the top20 saying how bad they were, or how they were pointwhores, or how they were cheating and being pushed. So what youre basically saying, is that the "best players" now are even worse than the "best players" in w2 or w5? Wow thats pretty impressive that 70 worlds later the skill curve(which apparently youre the top of now) is the worst its ever been.

TL;DR BE PROUD OF BEING THE BEST OF THE WORST. YOLO.

DeletedUser

I miss the old days... sigh.

Having someone like KG around was always fun.

The 'chats' with Nauz and Perv was always good too. We never seemed to see eye to eye...

A humble player

First post in a while, I dunno if you earned it or not though.

Quite stupid reasons actually. You clearly have no leadership skills and I'd certainly consider you to be selfish in your approach to
this game. Please allow me to shred your post
This coming from you?

Show me a new account in THIS world that has 1000's of incomings. You are applying mid-game and late-game theories to a world that is 2 weeks old. While I will always use Premium, I have no fear in recruiting someone that is not using premium AT THIS STAGE of the world. Several of my recruits have said that they see no need for it AT THE MOMENT.
You can't be top tier, at any stage, without either premium or cheating. Simple as that. When farming early world, you either need FA or prem (or both), or you need to resort to doing shady things, at least if you're aiming for a top 20 or so resources hauled.

So are you going to turn that player away if they applied for an invite, but intended to use it in 2-3 weeks time???

Probably not, depends on the goal of the tribe.

What total bullshit. Are you seriously saying there are only 100 quality players in this world?? I brought more than 15 gun players to this world and have found a few more along the way. Extrapolate that out across the number of tribes in this world and your '100' quality player theory is total bullshit.
There are around 15 players I'd consider quality that I know of playing this world, I'm not one of them, neither are you.

The game has always been complicated from a tactical point of view, but if anything, the game is now easier due to scripts and the new options with farming etc. When I played the game 5-7 years ago, we did not have scripts and we certainly did not have barbs that grew, which allowed for infinite coins/packets.
My first world was 4.
Your first was 7.
There were scripts very early on. So early on that script rules came about before w10 just to counter the disgusting scripts. They weren't as widespread, but they existed.

At that time, I had a 1500 village account. Imagine controlling 1500 villages without scripts or farming aids. Additionally, there are now quests to help the new players and to point them in the right direction. There are also events that boost your resource production if you get the right one.
You're lying. I know you used mass village renamers your first world. Hell, the incoming tagger has been around in some form or another since like the first world.

Yes it is your opinion and we'd prefer for you to keep it to yourself. All you did was slander ALL early world players. I probably fall into this category as I first started playing in W7, but I'd happily war you - early-game, mid-game or late-game.

This game is about adjusting your gameplay to suit the new and evolving tactics of the new worlds. I remember when backtiming was non-existent but now it's the norm. You change your game and you grow in experience by doing it.

No he didn't, he said that players that didn't evolve were dumb. I consider a lot of early world players abysmal. Then there are players around since beta who I consider extremely good. There aren't a lot, but they exist.

So what are you going to do when all of those known players to you decide to quit the game? Go and have a look at the big names in this game and most have quit.
Well, I logged in yesterday so that I'd have an account on the world to test some stuff. I don't actually play anymore. I occasionally skype.

In contrast, I have an extensive list of friends in this game as I give new players the chance to play with my tribe. I create new friendships and I mentor them on the finer parts of the game. I'd have a noob that is willing to learn over an elite that will not listen or will rage quit when their nuke dies any day.
k....

Here's a thought.... a few years back, I joined a world and I knew no one. I ended up playing with a completely new group of players. My God.... we won the damn world. I did not know a single player in that world when I started as the settings were completely different to my usual group's preferred settings, but I now have a larger group of friends to draw upon.
I did that too (well, I had to quit due to school, but a significant portion of the tribe ended up in the higher ranks and top tribe at world's end. It was fun. I don't consider any of my tribemates "good" players.

Wow... !! 11 times as number 1... wanna a cookie?

I've also been #1 in other worlds but it means sweet stuff all in this world.
"Wow, you're the rank 1 tennis player in the world. So what, I can beat you!"

Please refer to my comment above about known players. You will end up with a smaller and smaller group of reliable friends to play with if you use this approach. Admittedly, you will definitely find idiots when teaching people and you cut your losses with these ones, but every now and then you will have the chance to find the next #1 player of a world. You will then have the satisfaction of being able to sit back and soak in their achievements.

Even more important is that they will be loyal to you forever as you were the one that gave them the opportunity to shine.
No, not really, it was a lot of work. Much more work than I'm ever interested in doing again.

I liken this game to life as this is as much a social game as it is a war game. If you apply your above statements to life, you will live a lonely and sad life... too afraid to trust those new people that you will meet. Good luck playing with your 'elite group' of friends that will dwindle with time.
I actually just laughed out loud. Like legitimately sputtered. Your inability to make logical comparisons is comical. I'll leave it at that.

You remind me of that type of player that wants nothing to do with leadership and expects everything to be done their way within the tribe but they refuse to assist. You'd be the one that would question EVERY council decision and would ignore sensible requests. You would be that player that is happy to do their own thing because you are so 'elite' and you are 'so special'.

Over the years I've had players like you in my tribes and we've booted and rimmed them as they are not worth the effort due to their selfishness. In a nutshell, you seem like the type of player that makes leadership a tiring job.

Meh....
Ehh, Immune's a dick, but damn does he get the job done. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Ahhh... the Humble Player has come out to play. For those reading, Humble Player was a tribemate of mine in another world. I never had an issue with him, but somewhere along the way in other worlds, he grew an attitude.

The best bit is that he once tried to flame me by stating that he rimmed me in W11. What he meant to say is that he internalled my account after I quit the world. It's pretty damn hard to rim someone when they have quit AND they are your tribemate... LMAO...!!!!!

So now on to his rant:

You can't be top tier, at any stage, without either premium or cheating. Simple as that. When farming early world, you either need FA or prem (or both), or you need to resort to doing shady things, at least if you're aiming for a top 20 or so resources hauled.
This thread is about early game recruitment, so drop the 'at any stage of the game' bullshit. Even immune agreed to this. Additionally, we're not here to talk about FA. We're talking about Premium on its own as you don't need Premium to use FA.

There are around 15 players I'd consider quality that I know of playing this world, I'm not one of them, neither are you.
I'm not the one mouthing off about being #1 in eleven worlds.

There were scripts very early on. So early on that script rules came about before w10 just to counter the disgusting scripts. They weren't as widespread, but they existed.
Exactly, very few people knew they existed which meant the majority of players did it the hard way and these were war hardened players. Nowadays it just makes the game easier, which was my exact point. So I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve here. If anything, you are strengthening my argument... thanks!!

You're lying. I know you used mass village renamers your first world. Hell, the incoming tagger has been around in some form or another since like the first world.
Seriously, how could you know this dear little friend?? You never played with me in my first world and I never told you anything about my first world apart from playing in W7. You seem to be so smart, so go ahead and name the account chump.

"Wow, you're the rank 1 tennis player in the world. So what, I can beat you!"
Again, thanks for strengthening my argument. I'm simply stating that a lot of us have been #1 in a world and It means nothing in this world. But being #1 eleven times.... wow that must mean something.

Did you even read this thread properly???

I actually just laughed out loud. Like legitimately sputtered. Your inability to make logical comparisons is comical. I'll leave it at that.
Lol... I love how Immune agrees to my comment about this and here you are trying to find a hole in it.

My initial reply to Immune was to defend the community that he pretty much shit all over in one post. I'll defend the community on the odd chance that it might grow. Congrats on making an ass of yourself and doing exactly what Immune did in his first post.

Muppet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This world's forum badly needed a thread like this, everything else is the same old boring topics as always and deadly quiet. I'm quite enjoying this one though.

**grabs popcorn**

by all means...continue.

DeletedUser111875

I would love too see these ppls to fight each other ingame :D :D not just talk past worlds.

DeletedUser

Give it time, everyone needs to do a bit of growing to be able to reach each other on this slow travel world :D