A little rant about Spies.

• Thread starter DeletedUser111935
  • Start date

DeletedUser111935

After years of absence from tribal wars, i would say about 6 years.
I first joined World 28, under the username Wraith of World 28, playing alongside a player called Lala. She quit shortly after me, to merge into me. It was my first world an enjoyable one, me and lala getting to 300K points, Lala showed me the ropes of the game.
After I left due to a family 4 week holiday and me not being able to allow Lala to run the account by herself I gave up the account so that she could play on strong (a lot happens in a month)
I joined world 30 on my return eager to get back into the runnings, and it seemed my particular placings laid me into a good tribe, I became a baron after my 2nd nobling and the tribe seemed to need someone. With progressive friendships being made, we merged into what would become Phoenix (or something). My brother (living in america) co-played me, him being a World 1 player he knew how to play better then I did. He taught me valuable skills which allowed me to progress to be one of the top ranked in the world. It was a great world, but we both decided to leave the game.
I joined World 31 and 36 and didn't get a good start and never progressed I decided my luck was out, maybe me being a fair d**k head was the reason and is the current reason why I feel unsure to spread my name out, out of fear that people recall that. I was an immature weasel back then and that's why I acted this way, me being a newly renowned player, arrogance was surging. Anyway, i saw this as my time to leave. After a year or two of playing I left.
The above is boring, read if you want
I came back now, started World 68, noticed some pleasant changes and some horrific ones.
One being the lack of little stories like this in the ext. forums and people being able to express themselves. I loved these types of stories in the ext. forums. After, a slow start on a pay-as-you-go world (or so I've heard this name thrown around) I couldn't handle this world due to the constant need to pay to win and I quit after a month, making steady friendships and relationships.
I joined W69, being attracted to the world due to the number that plays on teenage boys minds. The world started off well, I joined FEAR! and it got off to a solid start, still am cruising along well. It was in FEAR! that i realized the evolution of the game since I left, The game is now full of backstabbing, effing each other over or you won't reach success. Its a sad story to tell, but its a true one. I for one have not taken to these atrocities within the game, i believe in solid circumspect and honesty.
So this is where my little rant begins:
I agree, this is a game and we all want to win, no-one can reply to this honestly and say they join a world to just joke around and not win everyone has the slight desire to win.
But has it come to the point where we have to infiltrate each others tribes to dig up information about the opposition, if you want to do recon work, get it out yourself?!? Okay, I'm not saying don't lie, I'm guilty of lying to players and telling them my nukes are fakes and they should dodge so as me to noble them. No one falls for this I'm just trying my luck to be honest.
But this infiltration crap has to stop, Tribes can't co-ordinate properly or send support without fear of some idiot sponsoring the enemy with information just so he can cover his own ass.
Of late these spies and mistrust and unco-ordination in TCU, my tribe, has driven me, to take a small group of tribe members that i know in RL and i know i can trust to make a "special forces" team. We all Skype each other and under the supervision of an exceptional baron Invoicingtuna we have managed to run a few ops and grow at a steady rate although the sea of Blue and Purple certainly prevents us from steady and strong growth, we are getting there somehow steadily.
Here comes the outcry:
So I cry out, to all those players that have the time to read this WALL OF TEXT STOP THE BULL-ISH spy work, join a tribe and if they're crap leave and join another, but don't stay and then as soon as the SH*T hits the fan and you can't leave because you're a "refugee" you come to the compromise of becoming a spy just to save your own ass, and you will probably land up being backstabbed by the opposing tribe once they're happy with the information they've received. So stop the backstabbing and bullsh**ing .
This will get a lot of criticism and scrutiny because abolishing spy work is on the bring of impossible and will be argued that its all part of the game. Im just sharing my opinion and my feelings toward the