A Look back vs now

DeletedUser

I remember -Evo- :lol: Those were fun times till I went on that holiday to Greece.

killergoon=-

yh but u sucked, just a tribe of so called "elites" that sucked really

DeletedUser

Wow!! things have changed a lot since I was last here. Good thing I left Wisdom before that ship sunk lol

DeletedUser

Wow!! things have changed a lot since I was last here. Good thing I left Wisdom before that ship sunk lol

If that happened after Wisdom's plan failed on 13th & [BA], then I rather give some respect to those who stayed and ate what they cooked. :icon_wink:

If you happened to leave before these things happened, then you're probably right.

DeletedUser43243

Was Mojo at war with -Evo- or was it =E= ?
I loved that war...

That was the good old days.

Wickerman and another guy....began with 'O' or something.
That was when i joined MOJO...just before that!

DeletedUser

CHE!!! didn't massdelete. It just went inactive and died. I was in CHE!!! at that time and I remember the failure when we declared on BH and when some people launched at NP. Leadership were so afraid of spies that most of our members didn't even get isntructions to launch at all. I only got one order, to support one player who then quit after a few hundred attacks coming in. Anyway, myself, and I believe one more member who I don't remember the name of, went to STORM. At that time the most interesting tribe in my opinion. Not long after, I recieved a mail telling that leadership have decided to massdelete duo to w17 beeing so boring....bla bla bla. I stayed around a while after, taking barbs after STORM, but then decided to quit. Kfollmer gave me an account in BoS and I had some fun again.

One misstake, probably the biggest misstake in my opinion, made by BH were that BoK who had the most active people in BH focused on the wrong area. They were working on Titans in the north for months instead of preparing to face the obvious threat in NP who were moving closer down south. And the feeling among people in BoS that BoK considered themself better then the members in BoS didn't help to boost the fightingspirit much.

Sueco really good to see you posting here - pm me sometime would be great to catch up!!

CHE!!! - where to start.....

I joined CHE after the pab war - properly during the tribes hey day! Centrally located tribe that lost interest and its way is what ultimately killed it. However in the aftermath of pab, CHE!!! establish itself as a war tribe and declare on multiple enemies/any tribes within its central K's.
A war monger tribe that lost the will to fight due to mass inactives, key players without the time and members who didn't know where their loyality sided.

CHE were involved in the DoP war - the first real divide within the tribe. Taken into a war many members didn't want and only affected a few created a bad vibe.
Splinter tribes of DoP then became enemies of BA however STORM became nap'd with CHE!!!. CHE!!! loosely get into bed with BA and declare on STORM, half heartly as many of us had good friends in STORM.
Bebe and Harta and a few others say they are quitting and CHE then self explodes with sudden mass inactives within its key area's. Those left are either sitting multi accounts or nobling off the inactives, focus is lost and diplomacy becomes number 1 priority to secure borders.
Key council members get bored, either go inactive or try to get involved in situations the tribe couldn't cope with!!
Titan War kicks off and shortly after the BoS war - not quite fully a BH war as the then council had influences/friends within the rear guard of the family. The feeling had always been Titans was an eventual war but it was always going to be about timing, and this was definately not in CHE's favour.

As rumours at the time had suggested, alot of troops were tied up supporting Mojo this left K45,K46 and K56 pretty much on their own - which at first wouldn't be a massive problem but alot of the calibre there wasn't up to much and would rather exchange info rather than troops:axemen:.
Somehow the core of the tribe survived but obvious to everyone was CHE was a spent force which ultimately ended with everyone leaving, joining either the BH,Mojo or np.

Hopefully you've enjoyed a brief look at the time I remember within CHE!!! - obviously there is more meat to the bones with regards to info but as an overview its factually correct to how I remember events.

Miss playing W17 if anyone has a free account let me know :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

CHE were involved in the DoP war - the first real divide within the tribe. Taken into a war many members didn't want and only affected a few created a bad vibe.
Splinter tribes of DoP then became enemies of BA however STORM became nap'd with CHE!!!. CHE!!! loosely get into bed with BA and declare on STORM, half heartly as many of us had good friends in STORM.

Could you write more about this era as to my best knowledge CHE never declared on Storm, and in fact, has been declared on by [BA] due to Shlomzi's PnP craptalking started months earlier (and the war state remained in effect 'til CHE died out).

If you're speaking about the episode right next to the DoP times, [BA] wasn't actively doing anything with Storm but PIXIES and other, K33/34/44 leftovers by that time - it has been Legend fighting with Storm Ks away.

SmaXa

Relations between STORM and CHE!!! were tenuous for a long time and it was really after CHE!!! fell that any real alliance was formed in the core... STORM and CQB became allied when CHE!!! fell. CHE!!! was never fighting with Legend and PIXIES was virtually gone thanks to [BA]

Hmm. That whole next stage of the world is a lot of fun. STORM and [BA] were fighting while Legend was sort of fluctuating in strength and Tao attempted to get to the front. Then STORM had it's brain malfunction thanks to tracey and The non-deleting active members became H-EMP. This was annoying because H-EMP and M-EMP probably had the strength to beat [BA] because M-EMP had some sick players. We managed to destroy Art and M-EMP picked up some of the Art players before H-EMP failed as the remaining STORM players quit.

netjakdim

I always wondered how things would have played out had storm not done that Mass Delete.
I mean would Mojo and Wisdom have became friends and would NP have been able to move
down into the southern core like they did. Without that their only avenue would have been
through Titans and What would have happened to us down here in 13th as we actually were
surrounded by allies with only a small corridor of advancement to the East.

DeletedUser

Relations between STORM and CHE!!! were tenuous for a long time and it was really after CHE!!! fell that any real alliance was formed in the core... STORM and CQB became allied when CHE!!! fell. CHE!!! was never fighting with Legend and PIXIES was virtually gone thanks to [BA]

Hmm. That whole next stage of the world is a lot of fun. STORM and [BA] were fighting while Legend was sort of fluctuating in strength and Tao attempted to get to the front. Then STORM had it's brain malfunction thanks to tracey and The non-deleting active members became H-EMP. This was annoying because H-EMP and M-EMP probably had the strength to beat [BA] because M-EMP had some sick players. We managed to destroy Art and M-EMP picked up some of the Art players before H-EMP failed as the remaining STORM players quit.

Well, I personally enjoyed EMP's declaration on us, but even if they had the strength to beat [BA], that remained hidden during the whole massacre. I mean, after they ambushed our isolated K61 cluster, and been repelled in a couple days, and their declaration made us available to grow a bit on south, we have taken all their core Ks by setting up several growing records during the process. Don't take it wrong, it was fun, as they were active and had the advantage of the ambush (right after they recruited half of K~Head and co. next to our borders), but it wasn't hard, rather like an enjoyable practice. Storm was harder, even though we had to have our D-day against them first to have any front to fight on (so that might made it feel like it is harder than it really was; and even this way they had no chances score-wise).

So far the only war where I think we were facing with real challenges is the Wisdom-BH-MOJO collaboration against us, but after beating MOJO and with Jehosophat's coup, it became the world's most boring colored barbs cleaning mission.

DeletedUser

The main reason for Storm's formation after the disbanding of DoP was to fight CHE!!! because of their turn on DoP during the first so called world war on w17. Scullcrusher and a few players joined together to do this (basicly everyone in K54). Then when 2 players (uglyboi and mechyn) were fighting LEGEND after the collapse, Storm deicided to recruit them and this cause Storm objective to change from fighting CHE to fighting LEGEND. this caused the first war for storm, and this also caused Storm to seek a Nap with CHE, although i cant remember whether the nap occured when we warred legend or after the legend war.

after the war and the tracey jump ... (we all know the story), scullcrusher quit. mightybrighty took command of Storm and the relationship with CHE began to change. Now came the BA + Tao vs Storm war. Storm declared on BA, and then a few weeks later declared on Tao due to the knowledge that tao would definately be supporting BA's frontline and what not.
Then the DoP group of players who made Pixies merged into storm, causing storm to go to war with np. Karmalot was recruited but then he left 3 days later cause np attacked and Storm could not provide the large amount of defense he wanted. Mighty then quit, and skittles (ISE) took over with tracey.

at this point Storm was still doing alright but wasn't at its peak as it was with scull and mighty leading. Here the BA + np + tao vs Storm war continued.
docgon (the oda beast at the time) hit delete due to boredom and managed to convince me to do the same (i was pretty much not bothered with playing anymore).

this caused Storm to lose a substantial size in K54 with scull's barbs being added with docgon and mine.

2 weeks passed and i missed the playing tw, and i then was recruited on the jhadur account for 2 weeks, then i quit again, then i was recruited on the devlinn account after jhadur was taken over by someone else, i played for 2 weeks then quit. (we all know how addictive tw is and that was the point for me when i was going through the quiting phase :lol: i think i had over 4 leaving threads in less than 3 months if not more lol)

from here this caused a huge whole in Storm with players not wanting to play or not having the time required for the 2 wars. The tribe was then called Zombie and this cause the Zombie erra and PnP nonsense on the forums. Then the idea then came for players to mass delete, those who opposed it, left and the idea was that if they left they might not have to continue Storm's current wars at the time. (i think that is how it war, i left 2 months before the idea was suggested and went through and was 100% not involved).

Somewhere throughout all this CHE fell and a few were recruited (5 at most) with the agreement from the BH family. That is all i remember about Storm and its alliance and what not.
PS: through all this, only a handful of players know the reason to CHE's declaration and turn on its DoP who were its allies.

Anyways this is the past. then came MOJO + Wisdom + BH vs West, and now the West has won and we shall see what happens next.
PS2: i highly doubt the tw staff will allow a 4-way alliance world to be closed, but that is just my idea.

DeletedUser

That is all i remember about Storm and its alliance and what not.

Well, it sounded like a good story, and I understand that memories are easy to be mixed from such a distance, but the timeline and some statements are pretty incorrect (and are pretty well documented on both PnP and in-game conversations). Such as the ZOMBIE misery happened at the beginning of the war, and referred to Tracey and co. hijacking that 19 inactive Legend accounts (those have been called zombies, which ultimately resulted in the fact the moderators banned the word from PnP usage at all). It was only an immature "vendetta" that Storm's last name was referring to the banned word, but the relevant background story happened quite a bit earlier.

PS: through all this, only a handful of players know the reason to CHE's declaration and turn on its DoP who were its allies.

As a leader who actually discussed it with Shlomzi, diplomat of CHE at that time, I think the reason was that they coveted DoP's position, both as an 'elite tribe', and as their Ks, and only allied to cement their position until they see an exploitable situation. I still remember that Shomzi's main argument was that they should be allowed to declare first as the most elite/biggest/etc tribe of DoP's attackers and be the 'flagship' on our side.

PS2: i highly doubt the tw staff will allow a 4-way alliance world to be closed, but that is just my idea.

I highly doubt they would maintain a server once the majority stopped buying PPs (due to having no reason of doing so), and quietly closing a world without declaring a winning side after 2-3 years wouldn't get them new customers due to bad marketing decisions either... :) (I also think W18 ended with a similar amount of tribes on the winning side).

But even worst case, we can just create a Western Alliance family and merge into two tribes, which should suit well to this goal. It really doesn't matter on the last day, rather than it would just sound quite lame (and once again, a bad marketing) if we are forced to do so just to actually have an end of a massively boring game once we killed a dozen hostile tribes and defeated every opponents. That way they would also likely lose/alienate everyone who might have restarted on a new world once we are done here.

DeletedUser

Well, it sounded like a good story, and I understand that memories are easy to be mixed from such a distance, but the timeline and some statements are pretty incorrect (and are pretty well documented on both PnP and in-game conversations). Such as the ZOMBIE misery happened at the beginning of the war, and referred to Tracey and co. hijacking that 19 inactive Legend accounts (those have been called zombies, which ultimately resulted in the fact the moderators banned the word from PnP usage at all). It was only an immature "vendetta" that Storm's last name was referring to the banned word, but the relevant background story happened quite a bit earlier.

Thanks for pointing out the timeframe. and i do remember the word zombie being banned, as i just remembered as you said that the word zombie was used for the accounts that were in tracey's hands.

As a leader who actually discussed it with Shlomzi, diplomat of CHE at that time, I think the reason was that they coveted DoP's position, both as an 'elite tribe', and as their Ks, and only allied to cement their position until they see an exploitable situation. I still remember that Shomzi's main argument was that they should be allowed to declare first as the most elite/biggest/etc tribe of DoP's attackers and be the 'flagship' on our side.

This could well be a small case as to why it occured (or something that would of caused a war between CHE and DoP to happen in the future), but the thing that ticked the dukes of CHE!!! to completely drop the alliance and declare war at the time was due to a different reason. Which if i counted correctly only 2-3 of DoP's council, the 2 dukes of CHE and myself knew about. Anyways let's drop this part of the convo as its pointless :)

I highly doubt they would maintain a server once the majority stopped buying PPs (due to having no reason of doing so), and quietly closing a world without declaring a winning side after 2-3 years wouldn't get them new customers due to bad marketing decisions either... :) (I also think W18 ended with a similar amount of tribes on the winning side).

But even worst case, we can just create a Western Alliance family and merge into two tribes, which should suit well to this goal. It really doesn't matter on the last day, rather than it would just sound quite lame (and once again, a bad marketing) if we are forced to do so just to actually have an end of a massively boring game once we killed a dozen hostile tribes and defeated every opponents. That way they would also likely lose/alienate everyone who might have restarted on a new world once we are done here.

Hopefully :)
and as you said a family tribe can eventually be created :lol:

DeletedUser

Remember that time when we had like new mod each weak due to enormous activity here?
look how quiet it is now :/

DeletedUser33413

HaV seem to be holding up pretty good since i left, i mean yes they have lost and entire continent but that was well on the way to being lost anyway.

Have things slowed down or am i getting the wrong picture from the maps?

DeletedUser

Storm declared on BA, and then a few weeks later declared on Tao due to the knowledge that tao would definately be supporting BA's frontline and what not.

Surprisingly enough, TAO had very little support in BA villages through most of the game. BA always had an extremely effective local support system that is still active today.