Failed Vote A new hold out option.

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a special world to play as a hold out world.... where the attack threshold is 100% so there will be no attacking players.

We can join either casual or holdout, Holdout then is for the guys who want to build villages purely for fun and wait to restart when they feel like being active again. And guys who wanna take a gap from active play without loosing their premium and flags.

Then you can re-start from the holdout world into a new casual whenever you want to. That way the smaller guys stand a chance because they have a den to run to. Call it maybe "the inbetween" or "the den". Every re-starting player can be offered the opportunity to choose between "the inbetween" or the "Casual world".

The carrot for TW can be that you have to use premium to remain active in "the inbetween" after the first 120 days or you automatically get transferred to the available Casual world after 120 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This idea is approved for voting. Good luck!

I'm very interested in hearing opinions about this suggestion as well. What could be potential issues? Advantages? Let us know!

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You are correct because this is by far a simpler option than the "casual end game options" request.

Please can you rather delete that duplicated thread.

And by the way.... thank TW greatly for giving us a new home in Casual 8.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am sure that the proposal was never meant for the serious player that is still actively playing the warring worlds. It is meant purely for the serious player that feels like he wants to take a break without loosing his TW inventory, flags, profile and premium without reason. Its meant to be a stop over hold instead of opting to leave the game entirely. I feel very sad when I see old friends are simply deleted and gone while perhaps they would still be there in limbo if they had the in limbo option. Preserve the profiles for active play when they manage to gather momentum and the will to band together and fight in an active world. Plus then perhaps they will meet and greet and make co-owned profiles that can actively raise the levels of fun in other worlds.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I thought you could not have your first village nobled on a Casual world or have the settings now changed.

You do not have flags or premium taken off you when not on a world.
As a bonus I thought that most of your inventory also carried over to a casual world.
As for profile unsure what you mean about that?

I did think that this was what a casual world was to be honest where players just wanted a relaxing time clicking when the desire took them or has that now all changed?

If its a none attacking world how do you build more than one village?

Just my thoughts.

Deleted User - 11483970

I thought you could not have your first village nobled on a Casual world or have the settings now changed.

As a bonus I thought that most of your inventory also carried over to a casual world.

I did think that this was what a casual world was to be honest where players just wanted a relaxing time clicking when the desire took them or has that now all changed?

Just my thoughts.
- first village can’t be nobled till final attack break is removed a month or so before endgame

- a lot of player have this idea that casual is for ppl who just want to check in every so often but the reality is it’s just another world with different conditions. These conditions actually make it much harder for the players than you might think. Attack block works both ways. Think of it as a ranked match world. Only ppl in your range can attack you so a whole tribe can’t gang up on one player or things like that. Everyone has their own targets who are just as capable as them/on their level. The playing field is balanced. This is where skill comes in. It’s also super easy to defend cuz anyone can defend but only those in range can attack :)

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Just my thoughts.
This is true... but as SavageKing explained the casual world is not a hold out option. Your village can still be attacked and even catted to nothing in a casual world. It just cannot be nobled. Also it becomes a normal world in end game phase which is a terrible option for a resting player because its really just a different style of active world. This is not a good option for someone who wants to rest from active play for a while.

I guess you can simply noble out barbarian villages if you want to grow and have some building fun.

Perhaps then the additional captured villages can even be attacked by others.....but the startout village will always be protected from all attacks.

I don't think a resting player will really want to be very active on the hold out world because there can be no winner. Whatever he does he does for recreational purposes only.

The idea is to keep it as a hold out position only because you may want to restart on an casual world at a later stage.

Benefits are:
Your profile remains active so it wont be deleted.
Your flag holding can even grow as you make coins and nobles.
You can keep and find friends and maybe even make new co-owned profiles in future.
New players can build up a village part time to a maximum before restarting on a causal world (without worrying about being attacked).
TW will be able to offer it as an alternative when a player wants to delete his profile from TW, with a 120 days free hold out option.
TW will earn premium from players wanting a longer holdout status.
Players can be retained for the game.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Game account deletion is as follows:
  • If your game account does not have a forum account, all is good. You only need to be aware that we are deleting inactive accounts after 12 months automatically.
  • If your game and forum account have the same name, all is good. You only need to be aware that we are deleting accounts which have not been active in the game or forum after 12 months automatically.
  • If your forum account differs by username from your game account, please contact support to have your username(s) changed. Or:
  • If you only have a forum account but no game account anymore, please create a new game account with your forum username. If this isn't possible, please contact support.
  • You will be notified on the forum and via email when your account is about to be deleted. Please make sure your email address is valid.
  • If you ever receive the deletion notification without triggering it yourself, please contact support.
  • Your forum and game account will share the same username and will be synchronized when you change your name in the game, but the email address and password will be separate.
This suggestion will mean that the the game account can survive longer than the 12 months. Using the "on hold world".

And the ones that don't want to use it will simply opt to rather allow deletion of the account and not go to the "on hold world"

There is no loss in this for any player... no one gets disadvantaged in any way by this world....

He who does not like.... simply does not join.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So a casual world would do then.
I think the problem is a casual world has now changed from what the original idea was to now needing a winner.

Does it matter if catted? - No as its just a holding place.

Other option just log into a world do the quests get a few flags while doing it then let it go barb once a year.

Now if a casual world gave the option when the final stage came of restarting in the next casual world New worlds open when end game comes on the previous world. - That might be a good option.

Even more fun if all your villages became barb with equal sp/sw per points like if you get a ban. That would stop players growing off the back of you leaving the world. Reducing barb nobling end game.

I really do not see why yet another type of world needs to be made if all you are doing is waiting things out.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So a casual world would do then.
I think the problem is a casual world has now changed from what the original idea was to now needing a winner.

Does it matter if catted? - No as its just a holding place.

Other option just log into a world do the quests get a few flags while doing it then let it go barb once a year.

Now if a casual world gave the option when the final stage came of restarting in the next casual world New worlds open when end game comes on the previous world. - That might be a good option.

Even more fun if all your villages became barb with equal sp/sw per points like if you get a ban. That would stop players growing off the back of you leaving the world. Reducing barb nobling end game.

I really do not see why yet another type of world needs to be made if all you are doing is waiting things out.

I does matter if it is catted. It;s a serious setback for a propper restart on a active casual world if your village is catted. Especially for a player who was considering deleting his game profile.

Its the prefect mechanism to retain the entire setup until a new casual begins or a future casual begins when you want to start playing again.

The proposed world will create a pool of holding players with potential to start playing active again in the future.

The casual worlds are fun to play and the fact that there will eventually be a winner makes it fun for the active boys to play. End Game was a good change.... just a bad one for the guys who only want to hold out because they are lately deleting their in game accounts instead.

Deleted User - 11483970

What you are basically asking for us a world where you can build your village in peace then once it’s ready/ “you are ready” you can join a causal world with a nicely built village and get a head start...

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What you are basically asking for us a world where you can build your village in peace then once it’s ready/ “you are ready” you can join a causal world with a nicely built village and get a head start...
That's an added plus and a brilliant opportunity for new players hey.
Where they can be mentored on how to build and not just how to war. And then move to a casual world with an equal start not necessarily a head start.
And the hold out option for resting players
Further benefit is the older players can maintain with the incentive to restart on a casual world in future at least with something competative.
Hold out solves new casual world timing problems
You can simply hold out here till the new casual world starts.

Lady Mihaela Targaryen

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
That's baloney with the skill talk
Most of the players that are surging ahead in the casual worlds are players that have multiple co-players and massive amounts of pp

Exactly like a normal world

I wish for a real casual world where coplaying would be forbidden
To really see the skill of some of this players

Deleted User - 11483970

That's baloney with the skill talk
Most of the players that are surging ahead in the casual worlds are players that have multiple co-players and massive amounts of pp

Exactly like a normal world

I wish for a real casual world where coplaying would be forbidden
To really see the skill of some of this players

I am in the top 10 in cas7. No pp used or co-player. Just being very active and aggressive nobling. Yes I’m a barb muncher but who else am I gonna noble when no one in my range. In every aspect of life you have people who are extremely dedicated, you have ppl with daddy’s wallet, and you have those that barely make it by! Can’t expect ppl who have full time jobs to quit their jobs to compete with someone who has infinite free time or vice versa to level the playing field. All you are doing in this holdout world is teaching people how to build villages... you can do that in casual world. Start it later than everyone and maintain your own range away from others... they don’t learn skills, they don’t learn teamwork, they don’t learn communication etc. And yes it is a head start because they would be given time to build a maxed first village which other players have to fend off attacks and nobles in reg world to get so they can transfer to casual

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The purpose of the hold out world is not to actively play. Its to allow a player to maintain his status for the future. And perhaps earn some flags as a benefit while he is holding out. For a potential casual restart later on. An alternative to deleting his account. It may help retain players who need to rest but enjoy the TW environment,.

As explained by some comments.... there are people who actually play casual with serious purpose. And that is very good for the game.

Why should TW be obliged to start a new casual world every time an old casual world ends.

Example ... if a player wants to play a casual world as a co-owner he can join the other profile and maintain his sole owned profile in the hold out word.

I don't think anyone can be harmed by that and I do believe the game can benefit by it to retain players.

EmperorFluff

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
chanevr Jan 11, 15:23
Bro you have a small village here in the end game phase.
Don't you think you would benefit from a hold out world?
I see you voted for no.

EmperorFluff Jan 11, 21:08
I would prefer there to be no hold out worlds because then everyone would sit there and wait for like 5 casual world then in the first week say of cas 15 someone have 200 villages that 2 mil points once built up I think it good the way it currently is

I think that would put casual worlds out of control then it would not be hard at all to get to 1 mil and that would be no fun