Failed Vote A new hold out option.

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I still dont see why there is a need for it. If you get attacked on a casual world it would not matter if you are using it as a resting place. Plus it would teach new players more than just farming & building a village. It would give them the chance to learn about troops.
For me why even have raised villages should it not be just the same as restarting on a so call normal world. On W111 we have a points ratio for attacking just not as long as a casual world. I'm failing to find any logic in any of this.

Can you not just explain the real reason for a hold out world. As to me it looks like you just want a place where you can build up a village to hit the ground running when joining a casual world.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Can you not just explain the real reason for a hold out world. As to me it looks like you just want a place where you can build up a village to hit the ground running when joining a casual world.

That is exactly why it is proposed. So people who don't want to play for a while can take a rest and remain ready to start up again ( in a motivated manner) when they want to play again. This instead of deleting their accounts and leaving TW for good. Every player that deletes his account is lost to out game. It is not meant to serve any other purpose but to retain players for the game. Also as mentioned its a place for players to bank their accounts when they decide to try and play in a co-owned profile.

It will hopefully encourage players to hold out and not opt out.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Whats wrong with a casual world for this I started one just to see what it was about & to be honest its not really a problem.

01.07.2021 at 17:00:00 That is when the first village protection is removed even a very semi active player one a month & load troops have a few clicks of building & farm click a bit if they want.
There should be no need for another type of world this is well over the 180 days you mentioned plus like with your hold out world you mentioned premium you can do the same on this for the 180 so do big deal at all.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Whats wrong with a casual world for this I started one just to see what it was about & to be honest its not really a problem.

01.07.2021 at 17:00:00 That is when the first village protection is removed even a very semi active player one a month & load troops have a few clicks of building & farm click a bit if they want.
There should be no need for another type of world this is well over the 180 days you mentioned plus like with your hold out world you mentioned premium you can do the same on this for the 180 so do big deal at all.

The problem lies in that a casual world does not make for a hold out position where the player can take a break. In a casual world the village can be attacked and flattened by others in range. No player who is considering leaving the game will opt to restart from that position ever. He will definitely just rather leave the game. So if he can opt into a "Hold Out Option" we may get him playing again in future and even investing in the game for that reason.

People who have not reached that stage.... probably would not understand the problem.

I for one would never restart in a casual world with a flattened village and I am sure I am not the only one with that mindset.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
But when you start a casual world you get an advanced village or at least I did which had a higher build than on the world I was on so not a problem at all really.

You also keep your ID in the game for a year even longer if you post on the forum or join a world spend 5 mins clicking then wait for it to go barb. That option does not cost you anything at all.

We had a Beta server for a while some players joined it to play some others joined to just try out setting the same can be done on casual worlds at present. By its very name its relaxed. Its a full year & a half before a village can be nobled until then there is the points / morale attack gap just how many players are able to cat you & are near enough to even bother I wonder.

Deleted User - 11483970

Pretty much the OP is asking for a place to build a full starting village and farm flags without any hassle. OP thinks is is a good idea and I can see why, to keep id and INV and such. Which raises another question, will events be allowed? Cuz then I can just stay til I have over 1000% res packs and then when I switch games over!
But the thing every game struggles with is people taking advantage! And people will!! You may join to keep ur id and account active but I guarantee you will be the minority. Everyone will just join, build max village, get max items, flag boosters, get all black flags etc, as much prem village bonuses and then join a world without having to spend a single pp and be top player from day one!

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much the OP is asking for a place to build a full starting village and farm flags without any hassle. OP thinks is is a good idea and I can see why, to keep id and INV and such. Which raises another question, will events be allowed? Cuz then I can just stay til I have over 1000% res packs and then when I switch games over!
But the thing every game struggles with is people taking advantage! And people will!! You may join to keep ur id and account active but I guarantee you will be the minority. Everyone will just join, build max village, get max items, flag boosters, get all black flags etc, as much prem village bonuses and then join a world without having to spend a single pp and be top player from day one!
if they have one village they will need 15 years to have 1 black flag per bonus. So do not worry, nobody can farm flags with one village. and there is no option that can make the transfer of items from one world to another so resource boost is also per world, not per account.

Deleted User - 11483970

if they have one village they will need 15 years to have 1 black flag per bonus. So do not worry, nobody can farm flags with one village. and there is no option that can make the transfer of items from one world to another so resource boost is also per world, not per account.

they wont just have one village, unless i read it wrong he wants a world where they can cap barbs and grow without any attacking.. (please correct me if you do mean only one village chanevr). when u transfer to casual world all ur res packs go with you... atleast mine did when i transferred from w106.. twice lol

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
We can join either casual or holdout, Holdout then is for the guys who want to build villages purely for fun and wait to restart when they feel like being active again. And guys who wanna take a gap from active play without losing their premium and flags.
ok, he wants to noble barbs and grows villages... soooo... the only flag he can get is noble one... and you need few k of these for one black.... again it is 10 years of agame on that world just for black flags. He can get more flags on a normal casual or on the normal world in one month than on the world he suggests to be made.
And he said he want to restart if he wants to play seriously... and if he transfers all his res bonuses to that kind of world how is that problem... he will use res to noble barbs. so??? he will be able to transfer them to the normal world.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yes.... like many other I guess i want to take a break. If I get a place to go I guess Ill go there... If not. Into the abyss like old friends..

I still believe that having an option ...... "instead of deleting your account would you like to join the holdout option." would be nice.