A rant about the rim

• Thread starter Blissful Spring
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Why on earth is a rim start the same as a core start? And by this I mean starting with 0/0/0 mines and being surrounded by 36 point villages (would have been 26 points but +10 points because of first church). Now I don't mind playing in a core environment as it encourages me to use my resources in a more wise and efficient manner, but catching up to the players who started earlier is going to be far more difficult as they will already be miles ahead with the bigger barbs while the players in the rim are competing for resources in 36 point inactive villages. This is the first world I play where the rim starts with 0/0/0 mines... I thought the rim was designed for noobs like me to catch up faster? :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

It's because of the quests. Those in the core started with 0,0,0 mines. Those slightly outside the core started with raised levels, but they had like 10 quests already completed due to their building levels so just got the free res. TW decided this wasn't right, so now on the rim you start with 0,0,0. In my opinion it doesn't make all that much difference, you can build the extra levels in less than half an hour.

DeletedUser100013

Stop complaining. You have good farms out there, use them.

DeletedUser

It's because of the quests. Those in the core started with 0,0,0 mines. Those slightly outside the core started with raised levels, but they had like 10 quests already completed due to their building levels so just got the free res. TW decided this wasn't right, so now on the rim you start with 0,0,0. In my opinion it doesn't make all that much difference, you can build the extra levels in less than half an hour.

Ah that explains why... me no likey though, farming sucks in the rim:icon_redface:

Stop complaining. You have good farms out there, use them.

It was a legit rant especially when TW decides to implement things like this out of the blue, and I do farm properly despite my lack of constant activity (which was why I joined the rim in the first place :icon_neutral:)