A SAD day for Die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As a matter of fact i never named the tribe Die. w30 is my first proper world so don't you come here trying to slate me.If i was the one to name a tribe i would never name it after a tribe that exits.So NO I DID NOT try and rip you of so get your facts straight before you start accusing me.And i think Die. Duke
Leisereiter came from w10 and he was the one that named the tribe Die. not me.

If you are the origanal owners of the name die. then:

Copyright is the set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. Copyright lasts for a certain time period after which the work is said to enter the public domain. Copyright applies to a wide range of works that are substantive and fixed in a medium. Some jurisdictions also recognize "moral rights" of the creator of a work, such as the right to be credited for the work. Copyright is described under the umbrella term intellectual property along with patents and trademarks.
The Statute of Anne 1709, long title "An Act for the Encouragement of Learning, by vesting the Copies of Printed Books in the Authors or purchasers of such Copies, during the Times therein mentioned", is now seen as the origin of copyright law.[1]
Copyright has been internationally standardized, lasting between fifty and one hundred years from the author's death, or a shorter period for anonymous or corporate authorship. Some jurisdictions have required formalities to establish copyright, but most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration. Generally, copyright is enforced as a civil matter, though some jurisdictions do apply criminal sanctions

And your name Jessica Rabbit did you ask the creator of the Roger Rabbit character if you could use this name?

Actually, you are deeply wrong. Harlos was the duke of the tribe Die. on W10. He did not participate in your tribe on W30, but was here for a brief time in the tribe ####. That would eventually become Hate. This Leisereiter fellow has nothing to do with the tribe Die. in W10 I assure you, therefore making your whole copy paste of what is and is not a copy right obsolete. If anything, It helps my argument.

The fact is, whoever named the tribe "Die." here in W30, did not have the consent of those in W10 who created said name. Call me crazy, but I know many people who will specifically rim people who have the audacity to copy a name of a tribe that had massive success in previous worlds. Its low class, and taints the name of the tribe who worked hard to etch their names into TW history.

Regarding your whole "Jessica Rabbit is a copy" argument, I'm afraid it falls on deaf ears. You see, It would be one thing If you chose your name after someone who had great success in Tribal Wars and hoped to leech off of their success. "Ie Purple Predator. Jamm., Lodda." Its another thing to use a name that has 0 merit in this game, and is completely unproven. Now on the other hand, It would be unacceptable if I made a cartoon with a character named Jessica Rabbit.

End of story? Your arguments are pathetic, and you only bring further shame to the Die. name. Talking with former Die.rs I can say it makes us a little sick to our stomach, that a tribe as pathetic and unskilled as the W30 Die. would use a name that was once spoken of as one of the most feared/aggressive tribes to play the game. Shame on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Actually, you are deeply wrong. Harlos was the duke of the tribe Die. on W10. He did not participate in your tribe on W30, but was here for a brief time in the tribe ####. That would eventually become Hate. This Leisereiter fellow has nothing to do with the tribe Die. in W10 I assure you, therefore making your whole copy paste of what is and is not a copy right obsolete. If anything, It helps my argument.

The fact is, whoever named the tribe "Die." here in W30, did not have the consent of those in W10 who created said name. Call me crazy, but I know many people who will specifically rim people who have the audacity to copy a name of a tribe that had massive success in previous worlds. Its low class, and taints the name of the tribe who worked hard to etch their names into TW history.

Regarding your whole "Jessica Rabbit is a copy" argument, I'm afraid it falls on deaf ears. You see, It would be one thing If you chose your name after someone who had great success in Tribal Wars and hoped to leech off of their success. "Ie Purple Predator. Jamm., Lodda." Its another thing to use a name that has 0 merit in this game, and is completely unproven. Now on the other hand, It would be unacceptable if I made a cartoon with a character named Jessica Rabbit.

End of story? Your arguments are pathetic, and you only bring further shame to the Die. name. Talking with former Die.rs I can say it makes us a little sick to our stomach, that a tribe as pathetic and unskilled as the W30 Die. would use a name that was once spoken of as one of the most feared/aggressive tribes to play the game. Shame on you.

Well, just to throw my two cents in>

Die was around in w6 several times over... So please dont come here stating that they stole your name.....

I created Phoenix here. Im quite sure there is a phoenix on every world. Do i give a rat's ass what they think of me "stealing" their name? Obviously your not associated with w30 die, why do you have to come here and be a pain about it?

Unless your tribe was the first Tribe ever to be named Die, then YOU stole the name in the first place!!! As i have just proven.. w6 has had several Die!

DeletedUser

Well, just to throw my two cents in>

Die was around in w6 several times over... So please dont come here stating that they stole your name.....

I created Phoenix here. Im quite sure there is a phoenix on every world. Do i give a rat's ass what they think of me "stealing" their name? Obviously your not associated with w30 die, why do you have to come here and be a pain about it?

Unless your tribe was the first Tribe ever to be named Die, then YOU stole the name in the first place!!! As i have just proven.. w6 has had several Die!

Theres a Difference between "Die", and "Die.
" This W30 tribe makes it all the more obvious that it is plagarising by adding the period. It was a Harlos trademark. "Die. in World 10, ####. in W30 and Hate. in W32'

Don't like my opinion? Put me on ignore.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Theres a Difference between "Die", and "Die.
" Don't like my opinion? Put me on ignore.

The only difference is in your head.

I can also assume your world must be pretty boring, if this is what you brought yourself too.....

Guess what? once Die. disbands, i will assume their name in w30, and then proceed to drag it thru the mud. I got the idea to use the name Die. from w10 Die. Guess i am a plaguerist as well?

Awesome. Quit your crying and go back to whatever hole you call home. I am Die.'s enemy, and i still dont care to see you here.

DeletedUser

The only difference is in your head.

I can also assume your world must be pretty boring, if this is what you brought yourself too.....

Guess what? once Die. disbands, i will assume their name in w30, and then proceed to drag it thru the mud. I got the idea to use the name Die. from w10 Die. Guess i am a plaguerist as well?

Awesome. Quit your crying and go back to whatever hole you call home. I am Die.'s enemy, and i still dont care to see you here.

Again, If you don't like what I post, Place me on ignore. I stated my opinion of W30's Die. an opinion I have a right to (Contrary to what you seem to believe). You on the other hand seem intent on providing childish troll like bait posts. Which I refuse to bite on. If you decide to not place me on ignore, know that like you, I have every right to my opinion, and will continue to share it, while at the same time avoiding your "crawl into your hole/ go cry" psycho babble. Deal with it.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Again, If you don't like what I post, Place me on ignore. I stated my opinion of W30's Die. an opinion I have a right to (Contrary to what you seem to believe). You on the other hand seem intent on providing childish troll like bait posts. Which I refuse to bite on. If you decide to not place me on ignore, know that like you, I have every right to my opinion, and will continue to share it, while at the same time avoiding your "crawl into your hole/ go cry" psycho babble. Deal with it.

LOL>

Cause your being overly petty about a name?

Get over yourself, and get over your tribe. I dont know anything about w10, nor do i care that a Die. tribe came from there. Im pretty sure most of us here dont really care.... and i dont believe i seen anywhere, (until mrsox's post here) where they did claim to descend from w10 die.

In this case, you are correct you are entitled to your opinion. However wrong or petty it may be. Accusing me of being a troll, when i must ask you what it is exactly you are doing here, besides trolling an obviously inept Pnp'er that ALSO has no care for w10 history in a w30 thread. (mrsox)

DeletedUser

LOL>

Cause your being overly petty about a name?

Get over yourself, and get over your tribe. I dont know anything about w10, nor do i care that a Die. tribe came from there. Im pretty sure most of us here dont really care.... and i dont believe i seen anywhere, (until mrsox's post here) where they did claim to descend from w10 die.

In this case, you are correct you are entitled to your opinion. However wrong or petty it may be. Accusing me of being a troll, when i must ask you what it is exactly you are doing here, besides trolling an obviously inept Pnp'er that ALSO has no care for w10 history in a w30 thread. (mrsox)

Regarding posting in W30, I simply noticed a thread labeled "A Sad day for Die." Upon reading it, I realized that it was not about my former tribe, but a failed tribe in W30. I felt the need to voice my opinion, I was replied to, and thusly replied back. This is when you and your psycho babble appear. Derailing what I had thought was a decent conversation between myself and Mrsox.

Yes, you don't know who or what Die. was in W10. Does that make it invalid? If you say yes, clearly you are ignorant.

It's much like saying you've never heard of the country
Bulgaria. Sure you may not have heard of it; it doesnt mean it doesn't exist, or deserves to be shoved under the rug.

Anyways, As I mentioned earlier, Using a tribe name, such as "Die." or "CTRL" Or "Hate." that had achieved great success as some of the ultimate war tribes, means you better live up to the name. Some people will believe there is a connection to the W30 and W10 tribe, which is unfair to both sides, although chances are, It was the person who created the "Faux" tribe's intent.

It's much like someone taking a "Great" players name, and making it their own, with the simple hope of leeching off said "Great" players success. It has been happening on the UK servers with alarming frequency, "Average players registering Great players names, and starting premades, with everyone believing they are a "Lodda/Jamm//Purple Predator" Capable player.

Is it petty? Perhaps, Perhaps not. Alot of people dislike when other tribes ride the coat tails of former Great tribes/players.

Gicusan

This is 2 times irelevant.

1. Die tribe is gone now.
2. The ones that name it are no longer here and MrSox, in his first world, surely has no guilt for you to trash him.

W30 Die. was a noob tribe. You expect noobs to act that way. I have seen people in many worlds naming their tribes Flux or BD. It pisses me of but what do you expect from some noobs in the end. if they had the strength in brains to realize what is important about a name and why they should not use it, they probably would not be noobs anymore...

silvereclipes

Its no different when someone had the bright idea of recreating STACHE on 42 all of us old members had our say about it even if some of them were from our old ghey tribe, we had a agreement never to use the STACHE name again on TW before we all hit the big delete on W6,my opinion as it was is they had dam big shoes to fill an if they failed they best never show their faces on TW again because the flamefest that would follow would make the Mods cry since we all remember where they came from to start with, since they came to TW because someone ticked them all off before an THE JEFF an BuckPrivateCowboy an them all had their says there on 42 to them about such a bad idea.

KarmaX

Regarding posting in W30, I simply noticed a thread labeled "A Sad day for Die." Upon reading it, I realized that it was not about my former tribe, but a failed tribe in W30. I felt the need to voice my opinion, I was replied to, and thusly replied back. This is when you and your psycho babble appear. Derailing what I had thought was a decent conversation between myself and Mrsox.

Yes, you don't know who or what Die. was in W10. Does that make it invalid? If you say yes, clearly you are ignorant.

It's much like saying you've never heard of the country
Bulgaria. Sure you may not have heard of it; it doesnt mean it doesn't exist, or deserves to be shoved under the rug.

Anyways, As I mentioned earlier, Using a tribe name, such as "Die." or "CTRL" Or "Hate." that had achieved great success as some of the ultimate war tribes, means you better live up to the name. Some people will believe there is a connection to the W30 and W10 tribe, which is unfair to both sides, although chances are, It was the person who created the "Faux" tribe's intent.

It's much like someone taking a "Great" players name, and making it their own, with the simple hope of leeching off said "Great" players success. It has been happening on the UK servers with alarming frequency, "Average players registering Great players names, and starting premades, with everyone believing they are a "Lodda/Jamm//Purple Predator" Capable player.

Is it petty? Perhaps, Perhaps not. Alot of people dislike when other tribes ride the coat tails of former Great tribes/players.

Sounds like a crazy old hag who is lonely in another world and wants to join the fun W30 forums.. :icon_twisted:. You're very welcome here. Enjoy your stay with the cool :icon_cool: W30 players but plz don't use red and italic words which makes me wanna spa.... k u.. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It's much like saying you've never heard of the country Bulgaria. Sure you may not have heard of it; it doesnt mean it doesn't exist, or deserves to be shoved under the rug.

Talk about ego problems here. Bulgaria is a country in the real world. It is around at this time and as such anybody can open up an atlas and find it. It'll be in the news from time to time - much like other countries and popstars - you can go there, visit it and whatnot.
W10 Die, of whom i just heard for the first time, are apparently no longer there. So even if - for some crazy reason i could not imagine - would go to the w10 twstats page i wouldn't see it. If i did see it there's no reason for me to be thoroughly impressed. I haven't been in w10, i dunno what you faced there as a tribe, how hard fought those victories really are. Simply put: if you expect people to keep tabs of all the names that have already been used in other worlds you're delusional.

I play w30. I don't care a rats ass about any world i don't play on. I don't mind if people name their tribe DFB (my w5 tribe), CTRL, SCIOVA, or rumpilstilskin . There is no reason there should be a limit. If you feel all emotional about your tribe name then i suggest you get a grip. I doubt you run around in the real world verbally abusing everyone who named his kids like you did yours do you?

Some people belief the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, that the pope is somehow able to relay the wishes of God flawlessly despite being a politician, that Atraeus left these boards with his goodbye thread, that politicians can be trusted to deliberately act for the common good rather then their own interests, or that men once married no longer look at other women (and vice versa that women once married loose all interest in other men). This is all fine and dandy and i doubt that those who believe such are the kind of dangerous predators that are roaming around TW falling for the idea that just because a tribe has the same name as one in another world it'll be comprised of the same people. They'll check, they'll see how it does and if needed simply ask. And any such person will immediately see that the Die. of this world cannot ever compare to a wartribe called Die on w10.

Bottom line: i'm touched by your concern for your ex-tribe's name, but we are not idiots nor do we have a reason to care about your ex-tribe or it's name.

spleen mage

Regarding posting in W30, I simply noticed a thread labeled "A Sad day for Die." Upon reading it, I realized that it was not about my former tribe, but a failed tribe in W30.

The fact that you actually had to *read* the thread in the World 30 forums before realising it wasn't about your old tribe in World 10 speaks volumes really. In regards to the name, you don't have a god gifted right to a tag. Tags will get reused again, especially generic names such as Die. I don't think anyone ever has or will assume that the tribe had anything to do with the W10 tribe.

Don't get your ears in a twist, silly little rabbit.

Last edited:

the pink panther

The fact that you actually had to *read* the thread in the World 30 forums before realising it wasn't about your old tribe in World 10 speaks volumes really.

Silly little rabbit.

Go away you no longer play you're not allowed to post :lol:

DeletedUser

that Atraeus left these boards with his goodbye thread

What can I say, you guys just keep this so damn interesting. :icon_smile: I came for the Tardis thread, but stayed for Pinky and the Blog... both were well worth my time. Hell, I'm still curious to see how many BD names I got right.

Anyway, Jessica Rabbit, I planned on giving you one of my spiels, but meh... it appears W30 said it well enough. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This is 2 times irelevant.

1. Die tribe is gone now.
2. The ones that name it are no longer here and MrSox, in his first world, surely has no guilt for you to trash him.

W30 Die. was a noob tribe. You expect noobs to act that way. I have seen people in many worlds naming their tribes Flux or BD. It pisses me of but what do you expect from some noobs in the end. if they had the strength in brains to realize what is important about a name and why they should not use it, they probably would not be noobs anymore...

Its no different when someone had the bright idea of recreating STACHE on 42 all of us old members had our say about it even if some of them were from our old ghey tribe, we had a agreement never to use the STACHE name again on TW before we all hit the big delete on W6,my opinion as it was is they had dam big shoes to fill an if they failed they best never show their faces on TW again because the flamefest that would follow would make the Mods cry since we all remember where they came from to start with, since they came to TW because someone ticked them all off before an THE JEFF an BuckPrivateCowboy an them all had their says there on 42 to them about such a bad idea.
Just wanted to quickly comment on these two posts, as they seem to be the most intelligent/unbiased of the bunch.

I fail to see where I trashed "Mrsox" but I think I can understand where your coming from. I simply noticed a thread with the name "Die." in it, and became rather curious. Upon reading the duration of the thread, I decided to voice my opinion. He flipped out, and I responded back. Believe it or not, There wasn't an intent to "troll" Mrsox, I was just a little surprised to see that some "Noob" tribe had decided to name their tribe Die. and found it amusing and at the same time a little sad that they ran their tribe into the ground.

Regarding the second quote, I agree fully. We formed a tribe named Die. One that was known for taking on 4-6 top ten tribes at once, and winning, as well as at the time being the tribe with the highest oda to points ratio on the entire net. Once our close knit group departed W10, we dropped the name, and it was decided that we weren't going to use it anymore. Die. for us stood for agression, and fear. People would delete accounts knowing Die. was coming for them. So, when people see tribe names that had meant alot to them in their tw experience, its a little disapointing to see some fail worthy tribe not living up to what was once a name to be feared. So like you with Stache, when people take a tribe name and run it into the ground, people get irked. Its Tribal Wars. it happens.

Ideally Mrsox will mail me via pm so we can discuss this at length, instead of providing a show to those who feel like they need to flame. I'm very curious as to what he has to say.

Regarding the rest of the comments, They are not worth commenting on. I don't desire a flame fest, and as per usual won't be biting on any posts i feel are made with the attempt of "baiting"

Status
Not open for further replies.