A sit down interview with the man and the legend himself.

DeletedUser

oh gawd.. were ruining a great thread. imma shut up :| *mouth zipped*

DeletedUser

The only critic has been silenced! Hoorah! :icon_twisted::icon_eek:

DeletedUser

As a black person, I feel absolutely and totally insulted by this piece of racist garbage.

Actually, upon closer inspection, I appear to be white. Carry on.

DeletedUser

Really? Everyone thinks this is good?
It was just some egotistical drivel followed by a generic racial joke.
Not original and not witty.
funny.jpg

I think too many people here just want to associate with the "cool kids".

mattcurr

Ahh the joke as lost on the majority of the people here is also lost on you. The joke has nothing to do with racism, I am making fun of how serious people take TW interviews, and the level of professionalism they place into them. I then decided to play with peoples minds, and take a bit of a whack at the real media with the racism jokes.

Mind you, I never link race and any stereo types you're mind did that for you, much like the media in real life did I brought up his race, asked how it influenced him then in a separate line of questioning asked something you would assume was related to the other. The only racist joke I possibly made was that I put wardy's type in bold on purpose.:icon_eek: I mean I said it was satire, before this could no-one really link that together its not that complicated, satire is never about the obvious its the exaggeration of the norm that makes it funny where is pervis when you need him:/

----> The point of my interview

---->Your understanding of it

Try again next time.

Last edited:

xyziz

How is it racist? It doesn't have any prejudice in it at all :icon_confused:

Pretty sure it is both original and witty.

And what the shit does Matt's rep have to do with comedy. If anything it goes against the usually-not-so-funny Matt 10000% serious all the time, his tribes are srs bsns reputation.

Srsly, get off the Hateorade.

DeletedUser

Ahh the joke as lost on the majority of the people here is also lost on you. The joke has nothing to do with racism, I am making fun of how serious people take TW interviews, and the level of professionalism they place into them. I then decided to play with peoples minds, and take a bit of a whack at the real media with the racism jokes.
I got it, I just don't find it funny.
I have seen many 'less than serious' TW interviews before this one. Many far better too, I should add.
Mind you, I never link race and any stereo types you're mind did that for you, much like the media in real life did I brought up his race, asked how it influenced him then in a separate line of questioning asked something you would assume was related to the other.
Matt/Him.: IS IT HARD TO BE BLACK IN TW?!?!?!?!?!?

Matt/Him.: DOES YOUR SPEED GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE IN TW

Matt/Him.: SO WOULD YOU SAY TW IS RACIST WITH THEIR SPEED RULES?
I assumed nothing, the stereotyping is implicit.
I am familiar with standard media lines of questioning.
Question about (A)
Question about (B)
Question linking (A) to (B)
I don't see what's funny, you have made an observation of media formatting, not commentary on it.
Observational humour is right up there with sarcasm, IMO.
Did you ever notice how noobs like to build walls with no troops behind them?
Funny stuff.

Try again next time.
Nice comeback there, using my critique against me.
May as well have just said "U R!!!!1!1! :icon_razz:"

DeletedUser

How is it racist? It doesn't have any prejudice in it at all :icon_confused:

Pretty sure it is both original and witty.

And what the shit does Matt's rep have to do with comedy. If anything it goes against the usually-not-so-funny Matt 10000% serious all the time, his tribes are srs bsns reputation.

Srsly, get off the Hateorade.
Racial, pertaining to race. I never said racist.
It's not the same thing.

xyziz

I got it, I just don't find it funny.
I have seen many 'less than serious' TW interviews before this one. Many far better too, I should add.

I am familiar with standard media lines of questioning.
Question about (A)
Question about (B)
Question linking (A) to (B)
I don't see what's funny, you have made an observation of media formatting, not commentary on it.
Did you ever notice how noobs like to build walls with no troops behind them?
Funny stuff.

Nice comeback there, using my critique against me.
May as well have just said "U R!!!!1!1! :icon_razz:"

It's ok if your funny bone is broken, I'm sure have seen many things in your time, and could share your stories of 'nam with us.

And no, you did all the assuming.

1 - It is not defined in the interview that Wardy is black, it is just assumed by question 1.

2 - It just says Wardy is fast, not because of any phenotypes.

3 - He is asking for a person's opinion on a ruling.

So yeah, you pretty much did all the assumptions that Matt talked about.

Inb4Matt

Racial, pertaining to race. I never said racist.
It's not the same thing.

yeah my mistake, misread.

mattcurr

Perhaps that's the issue, the majority of all great comedians are Observational. Seinfeld, Carlin, Leno, Letterman, Fox-worthy, John Stewart, South park, The Simpson, Ray Raymuno, King of queens. Should I stop now? Also this is SATIRE NOT OBSERVATIONAL.

No its not you miss the point, its satire, I'm not making a racist joke, I am making fun of how people make racist jokes:icon_neutral: The point is that it is neither implicit nor explicit, its making fun of the method. Your looking at it for face value, that is the point, I am making fun of people who do that, basically I am making fun of you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Perhaps that's the issue, the majority of all great comedians are Observational. Seinfeld, Carlin, Leno, Letterman, Fox-worthy, John Stewart, South park, The Simpson, Ray Raymuno, King of queens. Should I stop now? Also this is SATIRE NOT OBSERVATIONAL.
Firstly, John Stewart, South Park and The Simpsons are satire and parody for the most part and I like these shows.
Secondly, of those remaining, George Carlin was the only "great" one.
Seinfeld was only good due to the supporting cast (mostly Jason Alexander), not Jerry himself.
Leno and Letterman just like to fire as many jokes as they can at you, and hope something sticks. Also they have huge teams of writers and still fail 90% of the time.
Foxworthy sucks.
Ray Ramano sucks.
King of Queens sucks.

No British comedians listed there? (infact, it's all American), I'm starting to understand your perspective on this. Personally I find very little American "humour" actually funny (<3 Bill Hicks), so we are going to have to agree to disagree.
I can see how me and my Black Books are not compatible with you and your King of Queens.
It's ok if your funny bone is broken, I'm sure have seen many things in your time, and could share your stories of 'nam with us.
It 'aint broken, just located in a different place. For 'nam stories, go watch Full Metal Jacket or Platoon. :icon_cool:
1 - It is not defined in the interview that Wardy is black, it is just assumed by question 1.
Matt/Him.: IS IT HARD TO BE BLACK IN TW?!?!?!?!?!?
Wardy: WELL AS THE ONLY BLACK GUY ON TW I FEEL PRESSURE TO CONFORM TO A CERTAIN STEROETYPE LIKE I HAVE TO HAVE HIGH ODA AND DEAL IRON ON THE MARKET
Established.
2 - It just says Wardy is fast, not because of any phenotypes.
Wardy: i HAVE SPOKEN TO THE MAKERS ABOUT MAYBE MAKING A BLACK SERVER SO THAT I AM NOT PUT AT A DISADVANTAGE BY MY NATURAL ABILITY.
Established.
3 - He is asking for a person's opinion on a ruling.
Not sure what you're getting at here, we all know fast trains are dependent on computer and ISP quality rather than race, so it is inherently a redundant question. I know all about how mass media likes to ask redundant questions, and until now I hadn't commented on this aspect of the interview.
And no, you did all the assuming.
So yeah, you pretty much did all the assumptions that Matt talked about.
Media also likes to use repetition, media also likes to use repetition. :icon_wink:

Sorry for the delay in continuing this great debate, I was eating. I can visualise you both now, sitting there refreshing the page every minute so you can jump back in and tell me how wrong I am.
I <3 the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcurr

Its interesting how you go over the fact that I had to explain to you how it was satire not observational:icon_redface: Words Oops arent that hard to write, nor is mere silence. Perhaps its not your humor, but what ever the fact is its clear you entirely misunderstood what was happening. I would know I wrote it, and your understanding of it is far from reality.

DeletedUser

Its interesting how you go over the fact that I had to explain to you how it was satire not observational:icon_redface: Words Oops arent that hard to write, nor is mere silence. Perhaps its not your humor, but what ever the fact is its clear you entirely misunderstood what was happening. I would know I wrote it, and your understanding of it is far from reality.
Erm, no. :icon_neutral:
See what you did was say it was satire, so I followed up with the following bait knowing you would bite on it.
Where I say you made an observation, and then follow up with a comment about observational humour.
If you can quote me stating that the OP was observational humour, then I will humbly concede.
You see, what I did there, was draw you into an assumption, like what you were trying to do.
And guess what, you played along perfectly.
Also this is SATIRE NOT OBSERVATIONAL.
I am making fun of people who do that, basically I am making fun of you.
the fact is its clear you entirely misunderstood what was happening. I would know I wrote it, and your understanding of it is far from reality.
So you're telling me I didn't understand what you were getting at, yet I used the same technique on you, and you didn't see it.

But clearly, you understand and I don't. :icon_wink: