A Snake in the Grass

DeletedUser

me hanging out w LOO :)

Crazy_77d4c5_2584853.gif

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
You misread and then bash, its what most people do here including myself at times, as it is fun to flame.

But in case you was drunk while reading, i flamed waterloo about the ph affair, because he was continuously bringing up the Subject about how great their war effort aginst them had been.. (would be similar to me pumping my chest about our """war""" with plague after having recruited there top players.. youcan agree tjthat would be lame, aye?)

This isnt PnP, nor official war dec. Not because we dont want to war llamas, but because if you look at the map it doesnt make sense for either side jusssst yet.

Edit to address the recruitment part: are they "élite" players? No. We had been discussing them joining for quite some time, and decided to take in a handfull of active, desiring to learn and grow, among several other personality qualities we wanted. We don't recruit "elite world winners" only. We recruit based on a specific mindset and personallity we are looking for. And in this case, we have found hungry players.. hungry to learn more,, and take on bigger challenges.
If you ask around, we have turned down so many excellent players just because their mindset was not what we were looking for, and/or simply because they were major A-holes.

Dont expect you to understand, just giving me reasons for it.

Having gone back and re-read waterloo's posts about the situation i think he was referring to the number of caps taken in a short time. Was it 80? In two days which is not a bad number at all really for this stage of the game. Yes the opposition was disorganised and falling apart anyway but the co-ordination required for their first landing noble wave while nothing particularly special i havent seen anything similar on this world by any other tribe just yet that reached the size that llamas did which i believe was the point he was making.

Im very glad to hear that your recruitment is more about players willing to learn than 'elite world winners'. I look forward to seeing them fight and win wars on your behalf one day :)

Yakushi Kabuto

After the defeat at Waterloo in 1815, European powers agreed on a very sensible balance of power - but a balance nonetheless. Each time on of the great powers tried to break the balance, the others would team up and prevent it.

At the time Why?? had an alliance with RoH and a NAP with us while fighting Tyrant and Gidiup. That was a balance as no side seemed to make any decisive moves. But if RoH were to merge with Gidiup then it would have been a strong Tyrant with a stronger Gidiup, now having a large border with Why?? which would have been outflanked and hit from all sides.

Llamas couldn't allow such a large faction to prosper. Tyrant and the New Gidiup backed by Noobs - way too much. It would have been a matter of weeks before jumping on Llamas.

At least that was the general idea. Somehow, the merge imploded and Gidiup + Roh became Gidiup, some random guys and ~REST~. Th great faction didn't come to life and the balance of power was once again agreed upon.

What happen to the balance now, Waterloo?

Considering you already join in the war against Gidiup

Michael Corleone.

I know it is not war, but go Sam and Noobs. I like seeing small tribe humbling people left and right.

Yakushi Kabuto

There isn't any war, we did the tyrants plan, we are just *feeding*

Lol :D Streetgutt might comment to such blasphemy, because he does post when there is something he "strongly disagree"

Good for Llamas though, they noble a lot of villages in such a short period of time (lacking resistance perhaps)

Ignoramus of the Law

What happen to the balance now, Waterloo?

Considering you already join in the war against Gidiup

If Tyrant is as good as it claims to be and Noobs as extraordinaire as they present themselves and Llamas so full of spies and disgruntled people then the balance is more than satisfied.

Last edited:

Yakushi Kabuto

If Tyrant is as good as it claims to be and Noobs as extraordinaire as they present themselves and Llamas so full of spies and disgruntled people then the balance is more than satisfied.

I feel like Looloo is overrating us.

:D From all the proof against you and odds in favor for your tribe, you still claim to be an underdog and righteous person

Edit: So you're saying that Llamas' will have a fight with Noobs and Tyrant? From the words you use, I can deduce its meaning to that statement

Last edited:

Ignoramus of the Law

:D From all the proof against you and odds in favor for your tribe, you still claim to be an underdog and righteous person

Be honest - does that actually surprise anyone?
#EqualityForSnakes #SnakesLivesMatter

Edit: So you're saying that Llamas' will have a fight with Noobs and Tyrant? From the words you use, I can deduce its meaning to that statement

Unlike other tribes, we've learnt that our intentions and plans are only between Llamas players and other tribes' spies.

Last edited:

Yakushi Kabuto

HAhaha :D Good, very good.. ITs fun talking with you on the forums :D

Looks like streetgutt doesn't read externals anymore, since someone just said something he "strongly disagree" then I conclude that he would comment :'(

@Waterloo can you make top tribes review?

Ignoramus of the Law

@Waterloo can you make top tribes review?

Last time I try to had an opinion about any other Top 10 tribes except of my own I found myself in a very uncomfortable discussion right after with people bashing Llamas even if it had nothing to do with the original post.

You see, I don't think any top 10 tribes member should do a review of such a top. Because a) it would be very hard to keep it neutral and fair given that he / she most certainly has interest of his own. And b) because people will start countering him / his tribe, not his arguments. So it all becomes a dumb discussion about how much that tribe sucks rather than an argument about the top 10 tribes.

However, it would be great to see someone from the rim doing such a top 10 review. Someone that it's not so close to the heat.
-Daemon-, maybe? He just started and it's fairly active around here.

Yakushi Kabuto

Yea think so too, just want to see what your outlook on other tribes :D Well its pretty boring nothings happening, even if there is something there is no discussion about it :(

DeletedUser118822

If you guys want I could pull something together. I got taken out of the world long ago, so any passions or bias I have is long gone.

dem0nic pain

However, it would be great to see someone from the rim doing such a top 10 review. Someone that it's not so close to the heat.

Alrighty then. A little brief on myself: Played both W7 and W15 (alias) to over 200 villages a few years back, and had a small dabble on W63. I started W84 on December 26th on the Northern rim. My general view of this world is that it has a lot of potential, but isn’t reaching it. Also, the overall skill level of a lot of the players I’ve encountered up here on the rim has been low. Half the people have no troops and are just PP farmers or spenders.

The opinions formed below are based on what I’ve read on the (barren) externals since joining, TWstats, and my own personal view of things. I don’t know every (or any) tribe’s diplomacy, so feel free to enlighten me. I know nobody in the top 10 tribes from previous worlds, and have no allegiance to any of the tribes. This is all just personal opinion.

Overall
Rank | Tribe | Total points | Members
1 | Why?? | 15.007.612 | 37

War
Rank | Points | Won | Lost | ODA | ODD
2 | 1.827.009 | 364 | 74 | 15.874.516 | 17.369.372

Opponents Defeated
ODA | Rank | ODD |Rank
37.96m | 2 | 30.42m | 1

The North-West power. They were rank 1 when I joined, and they’re rank 1 now. That’s a good sign for them. They’ve been involved in conflicts more or less the entire time, and have still thrived. I don’t care if the WET/RIZE war was one sided or dirty or whatever, they had a job to do and they achieved it. Everyone likes to jump on their high-horse when big unpopular tribes war anybody and bitch their mouth about it, becoming massive hypocrits each and every time. The fact is that these are the kind of wars that have existed since World 1, and will exist up until the last one. It’s nothing new or backhanded. Deal with it. That’s the game.

With regards to their current conflict with Tyrant (and Gidiup?), they seem to be a bit off the pace. It sounds like they’ve put up a pretty decent defence, but don’t seem to have managed any significant counter attack. There’s still a long way to go yet, and it’s far too early to accurately judge, but in this particular skirmish they’re not coming out on top. Things could change though.

They comfortably sit in the top ranks of OD, which is testament to their constant activity as a tribe within the world. Their war stats, as a whole, are also respectable. They seem to have worked their diplomacy well, protecting themselves on all fronts not engaged in a war, however I don’t know what their situation is like with APEX. I expected more from them in the Tyrant war due to this diplomacy protecting them, so am disappointed.

Also, I like the way they’ve held on to God Of 420 when they really didn’t owe him anything. He seems a highly unlikeable figure, and after getting a massive hit from Tyrant most tribes would’ve dumped that new member and left him to die. Why did not do this. They defended him, stuck by him, and held on to him. I respect that. Fair play.

Overall they’re currently top dog, and I don’t see that changing in the near future.

Overall
2 | Tyrant | 10.828.777 | 28

War
7 | 324.762 | 42 | 22 | 6.423.727 | 12.429.830

Opponents Defeated
ODA | Rank | ODD | Rank
38.79m | 1 | 25.08m | 2

The South-West power. A solid tribe with what appears to be a solid player base. They picked a fight with the #1 tribe and seem to be handling the situation fine. I don’t know what their relationship is like with 420 and APEX, but if they were to join in with Why (or if they already are) then it looks more troublesome for them. As long as they keep things friendly in the East, and focus on the North/West then they have lots of potential for growth via war.

They’ve used a lot of troops so far in the war, and there hasn’t been too much of a payoff for them. If I were them I’d hope to be getting a better village return for troop expenditure. Like Why, they also hold good OD numbers, testament to their aggression and activity in the world.

Member count below 75%, so not looking to recruit their way to the top. This however could be a problem if they get a handful of quitters and inactives. A possible merge with the top few players of 420 could alleviate that problem, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon, especially if they’re fighting.

I don’t have much really to add, they’re doing their thing and they seem pretty good at it. Decent tribe, respect.

Overall
3 | Llamas | 10.713.418 | 34

War
1 | Llamas | 1.959.052 | 297 | 31 | 11.953.848 | 3.006.758

Opponents Defeated
ODA | Rank | ODD | Rank
28.80m | 3 | 7.82m | 12

The North-East power. When I started Llamas seemed popular. Now, less so. They’ve taken some stick for easy wars and diplomacy with Why. I get why this would irk other tribes, but if you’re a Llama then it’s great. Their war stats are great, and as I mentioned earlier, I don’t care how they got it. They still got it. If you can take villages without losing troops, good times. Their low ODD is testament to a lack of resistance, which is great for their personal growth. They’ve beaten every tribe they’ve wanted to beat. That NEVER means nobling every last village and never has. They nobled some, recruited some, disbanded the rest. Perfect. Now they can eat up the same players, in less organised, smaller pieces. Diplomacy with Why is very beneficial for both parties, and allows Llamas to focus on their own thing, and consolidate their K’s.

They have very small fronts with Gidiup, SK, and Noobs. I don’t see where any big conflict is going to kick off, unless it’s against all 3 of them, with Why helping out, a big proper North vs South battle could be entertaining! They’ve mildly annoyed Noobs, but I don’t think anything will come from it. I think they’ll use this time to take out the rim tribes to their North and East, consolidate K35, and then be in a very strong position for a war of their choosing.

They may not have “proved” themselves with a huge war, but they’ve played the map and diplomacy very well. Kudos.

Overall
4 | Noobs | 5.794.544 | 15

War
4 | 863.572 | 143 | 25 | 4.190.992 | 7.378.659

Opponents Defeated
ODA | Rank | ODD | Rank
11.30m | 7 | 9.22m | 8

The semi South-East power. I know very little about this tribe, but recognise a few names from the forums. A small member base (people usually use the word elite, but I think that’s dumb and usually wrong) of experienced players. They seem to be working quite well together. Assuming they are warring SK/NK/Stark, and don’t seem to be having too much trouble. Decent war ODD without too many village losses. I think they’ll do fine as long as they’re left to it, although it’s a burden for just a handful of players.

Similar to Tyrant, a couple of inactives and quitters could prove to be a huge problem, so hopefully they’ve got their eyes on a few potential recruits or a merger to keep the tribe alive in the future.

Overall
5 | Gidiup | 5.603.013 | 32

War
3 | 1.128.484 | 165 | 106 | 9.139.868 | 10.527.931

Opponents Defeated
ODA | Rank | ODD | Rank
17.11m | 4 | 16.42m | 3

The centre. Wow, these guys have a horrible position on the map. Just absolutely disgusting. Hats off to them for still being here and having very respectable war stats and OD given their position.

Having said that, I don’t see them lasting. Any members of this tribe looking to still be here in a couple of months’ time will be doing so as a member of one of the “big 4”. They seem to have proven that they can tough it out and fight, so the better members wouldn’t be a bad pick-up for someone. Failing that, they’re gonna be in a constant state of war, with no expansion opportunity outside of war conquers.
Good luck…

Overall
6 | APEX | 3.952.749 | 40

Not gonna do war or OD stats, as they’re not relevant at this time. They look to be the strongest of the rim tribes at the moment, with max member count. I know absolutely nothing about them, but obviously recognise kirk.

They have the potential to make things very interesting for either Why or Tyrant. Or sit and consolidate, waiting for a better time. This is all assuming they’re not already with Why against Tyrant. If they are, apologies and good luck.

Overall
7 | SK | 3.435.728 | 31

I know nothing about them. Not gonna pull the war and OD stats, partly due to laziness. They’re Gidup part 2 in my eyes. Same things apply, but less war stuff. Currently getting eaten by Noobs, so I don’t expect them to be around forever.

Overall
Rank | Tribe name | Total points | Members
8 | 420 | 2.710.955 | 25

Another strong looking rim tribe that I know nothing about. Only real expansion possibility is to eat Tyrant. Good luck with that. Could make the war interesting if they prove to be a formidable opponent.

Overall
Rank | Tribe name | Total points | Members
9 | Why!! | 2.315.710 | 18

Ok, all I want to really discuss here is the whole family tribe thing. I never saw this as a family tribe, just a main tribe with a feeder tribe – which in my eyes is different to a family or academy. With a 40 member limit, you’re gonna get hit hard by the inevitable inactives and quitters. Having a tribe of known and trusted players ready to fill those gaps is highly beneficial, and I believe it is the main reason for Why’s longevity at the top. They can refill their ranks. That’s important.

Overall
10 | cVc | 2.145.090 | 34

From what I’ve heard, they’re not a bad bunch of players. Why had a little spat with them prior to focussing South, but now have temporary peace. Outside of consolidating their K, there aren’t too many expansion options other than through Why, or East into K34. I don’t see them voluntarily starting things back up with Why though.

Yakushi Kabuto

Very nice review :) Unfortunately you're in the wrong thread :D

I agree with everything you say (even though you are slightly incline with the northern factions and I for southern faction but still I agree), especially APEX the strongest rim tribe. Their choice on whose tribe to side in the war will either make or break them.

(They noble quite a number of Tyrant villages in the last couple of days)

Edit: Btw its impossible for someone to not have bias lol :D we can just lessen it to a certain degree through exclusion from the given context

Last edited: