A Snake in the Grass

Yakushi Kabuto

What will happen? We did not join a war, we don't have dozens on train going on Gidiup... a few fakes it's all that we've done so far.

And before playing all Nostradamus, ask octagonal, Gidiup's duke and my former colleague on 80. When Gidiup and RoH were negotiating a merge I told him that we won't sit idle to it. These fakes aren't to profit from Why??'s war with Gidiup but are a simple follow up of a discussion going on on 29 January. I told Gidiup leadership that we will openly oppose it. They went with it. Now we keep our word.

Do you think the players in Gidiup will know if the incoming attacks are fake? (Are they nostradamus) :D

So you're saying that RoH and Gidi merge? I thought RoH disbanded and the players has been recruited by many other tribes including Why??

(January 29 already at war Gidi and Why??) Let's just say they really merge is there any way that can harm your tribe considering they are not even bordering most of llama villages and their only misgiving(vulnerability) is they are at war with Why?? You're already manipulating things and taking advantage of every situation (Noobs and plague side, PH and Misfit, and Gidiup) So why don't you just admit it.

DeletedUser

Alright, I'm starting to get the entire picture now.

Let's get something out of the way - TribalWars is about Wars between Tribes(Doh!).

Wars are fought with soldiers through
Strategy.

Strategy is formed through
Tactical Decisions based on Intelligence gathered.

There is this and then there is that:
Espionage - Covert Tactical Decisions made to create strategical advantage.

So the saying goes
"All is fair in Love & War".

Now, addressing the topic at hand,
I don't think Waterloo is a "Snake" here. He is the Duke of Llamas. Taking advantage of a situation which can ultimately benefit his tribe, isn't that the ultimate goal of the game? You cannot question Individual Tactics and declare it morally/ethically/humanly wrong. If Waterloo took advantage of that situation which would hinder Noobs, a little, I applaud him for that decision because it is a good decision to make regardless of his reasons, be it moral or tactical.

@Waterloo: As you said mate, you're working with the facts you had at hand. Doesn't make you a snake LOL. It's all Tactics. But choosing that type of tactic and then saying -
Tyrant, annoyed that we dare touch their puppet masterminded all these horrific events to our great internal fear and havoc.
So yeah... they'll plan something against us. Because TribalWars is about spies, plots, backstage intrigue, diplomacy, proxy fighting, puppeteering and basically about any/everything except for war.

That is a little contradictory. But I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say here, hopefully.

@Tyrants & Top Players Who are scheming against the threat of Llamas - You're discussing this with whoever because you're either worried or simply don't want to see Llamas in a position of power. So that's a form of FEAR too. The fact that you're making the Duke directly aware shows the level of confidence you have in your abilities however.

Finally,
@Noobs - If you're pissed about Llamas scheming to support Dygolin, do something about it. You went as far as to make it Public. If you're pissed and think they're just messing you about and taking you lightly, ReGroup & Declare. It's not that complicated. That's what I would do if in your position.

DeletedUser93066

I have no idea what this thread all about but once again I feel like Looloo is overrating us. We do not like puppets but yes we love our pet llamas :)

streetgutt

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Now, those with half a dozen brain cells might think that they have enough on their plates right now, rather than stirring up more trouble for themselves.

I love how you said the opposite of what you were probably trying to say in this sentence
:lol:

Ignoramus of the Law

Do you think the players in Gidiup will know if the incoming attacks are fake? (Are they nostradamus) :D .
Probably tagging them would help...

So you're saying that RoH and Gidi merge? I thought RoH disbanded and the players has been recruited by many other tribes including Why?? .
Ummm... yes. They did merge. That the RoH elements couldn't handle Why?? and abandoned ship two days later it's a whole other story. When octagonal and I discussed, all I told him was that if Gidiup merges RoH, we will retaliate. Two weeks later, we did it. I honestly don't see the problem here. How the merge ended is definitely not important.

i6HLDQu.png

Yep... legally speaking, it's a merge.
A two days... sad... sad merge.

You're already manipulating things and taking advantage of every situation (Noobs and plague side, PH and Misfit, and Gidiup) So why don't you just admit it.
Admit what? That I'm a snake? That's redundant, given there is a whole topic making this argument.

@Waterloo: As you said mate, you're working with the facts you had at hand. Doesn't make you a snake LOL. It's all Tactics. But choosing that type of tactic and then saying -

That is a little contradictory. But I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say here, hopefully.
I do. But I wasn't pretending that Llamas play the most pure, saint and honest game ever seen on TW. No tribe does.

I have no idea what this thread all about but once again I feel like Looloo is overrating us. We do not like puppets but yes we love our pet llamas :)
It's about me damn it. Free publicity. With a hint of threat. Threat that was already sent to me on Skype so actually... what is this thread about? Boosting Noobs' self esteem or denigrating Llamas?

Last edited:

Yakushi Kabuto

Lol :D I ask you now where is the top 16 you're talking about? Some of them even join your tribe for crying out loud :D Making excuses to take advantage and attack Gidiup is really not needed because it is shown clearly in twstats.

You being a snake is not an argument :)

DeletedUser118341

I think so long as Llama's wasn't trying to get diplo with Noobs (or don't already have it) then this is shady, but acceptable.

If they have diplo with Noobs, and are at the same time helping tribes against them, then I think it is right for them to be called out, because I do not find that acceptable.

I disagree with Waterloo however that every tribe does this kind of thing. It is very dependant on the leadership of said tribe. I know when I am part of leadership, this does no occur. But then again, I'm the kind of person to refuse to use bashers, or manipulate people into merging with me. So perhaps I'm just an exception and a TW saint :lol:

DeletedUser

Lol :D I ask you now where is the top 16 you're talking about? Some of them even join your tribe for crying out loud :D Making excuses to take advantage and attack Gidiup is really not needed because it is shown clearly in twstats.

You being a snake is not an argument :)

RoH & Gidiup were Merging.
Llamas didn't like it for whatever reason. (This bit is still unclear, a little, Waterloo?)
Waterloo declared to the Gidiup leadership that if the Merge follows through, Llamas will not stand by.
4. Gidiup followed through with the merge per se that message shown in the previous Waterloo post.
5. RoH disbanded.
6. Llamas launched a few attacks.

The attacks launched, if were fakes, then I say too bad. You should have declared. They didn't listen to you and the merge were carried through. That undermines your authority Waterloo. xD Seriously.
DECLARE & ATTACK!

I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with Waterloo's actions thus far despite his reasoning for being against the merger which I am sure he will clarify shortly.

I think so long as Llama's wasn't trying to get diplo with Noobs (or don't already have it) then this is shady, but acceptable.

If they have diplo with Noobs, and are at the same time helping tribes against them, then I think it is right for them to be called out, because I do not find that acceptable.

I disagree with Waterloo however that every tribe does this kind of thing. It is very dependant on the leadership of said tribe. I know when I am part of leadership, this does no occur. But then again, I'm the kind of person to refuse to use bashers, or manipulate people into merging with me. So perhaps I'm just an exception and a TW saint :lol:

I second it, that if Llamas were discussing diplomacy with Noobs, but going around and trying to slow them down is a little too shady but hey, its a strategy I would honestly use if the tribe has proven to waste my time.

Hey
TW Saint, you sure? How can you be so straight after all those colours in your Signature? xD

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

For those who are unaware, Drygolin happens to be someone who Noobs have attacked and then took control of a bunch of players from Plague, reforming as EASY, who we are (as of yesterday) at war with. Now, we would have thought that Llamas might be wary of

@waterloo - I do agree with the fact that for us the outsiders, the WHY?? vs Tyrant war is very boring, and disappointing even.. The other arguements you made were decent, and i can see where you are coming from, but to pump your chest about the PH """""war"""" when you recruited their top 10 accounts and then ate the leftovers, is just pathetic dude.. and I ain't judging you for having recruited them, you may have your reasons, i may personally not do the same in that situation, but i can totally understand why you did it. BUT.. come on dude, you not only call that a war, but you even say you are proud about it... lol..

Im sure im not the only one who appreciates the irony of this here.

And im actually slightly disappointed by the choice of the recruitment too as just having a brief look at all of their conqs about 70% of them are internals/barbs which while it isnt exactly the end of the world i would have thought a tribe like noobs with the caliber of players they have to be able to make more selective recruitment than that.

This is also the biggest loudest "gorilla chest-thump" post i've ever seen. You know the sort that says: "Im BIG and BAD and VERY TOUGH so YOU should RESPECT THAT but please dont fight us". I particularly like the edit afterwards to clarify that this is not a war declaration just in case anyone should get the wrong idea.

Overall not a bad PnP though, good luck in your rim munching :)

Yakushi Kabuto

RoH & Gidiup were Merging.
Llamas didn't like it for whatever reason. (This bit is still unclear, a little, Waterloo?)
Waterloo declared to the Gidiup leadership that if the Merge follows through, Llamas will not stand by.
4. Gidiup followed through with the merge per se that message shown in the previous Waterloo post.
5. RoH disbanded.
6. Llamas launched a few attacks.

I know you're new here but you should get your facts straight before posting in the externals :D Try to look in the twstats on when and what tribe did the RoH players go

Epic Pandas

Lots of words

If you read what I said in my original post, I didn't actually slam his methods at all. Yes, I said they were 'shady', think the words I used were "scheming and conniving", but none of us are actually annoyed or feel put out by his methods. As you say, the dark side of diplomacy is always involved in this game, people do these things and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, it didn't work, as Llamas is riddled with spies and people who don't want to be there any more. My original post was an attempt to bring some life to this dreary forum and just to make Llamas aware that if they want to play dirty, they need to up their game. That said, it's all part of the game and we don't begrudge the tactics used, please just get better at it!

DeletedUser

I know you're new here but you should get your facts straight before posting in the externals :D Try to look in the twstats on when and what tribe did the RoH players go
Okay fine, just attack everyone :D Don't really need a reason :p

Can't find much on TWStats, don't know the exact player lineup of RoH and way too complicated to look for in details on the Phone.

If you read what I said in my original post, I didn't actually slam his methods at all. Yes, I said they were 'shady', think the words I used were "scheming and conniving", but none of us are actually annoyed or feel put out by his methods. As you say, the dark side of diplomacy is always involved in this game, people do these things and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, it didn't work, as Llamas is riddled with spies and people who don't want to be there any more. My original post was an attempt to bring some life to this dreary forum and just to make Llamas aware that if they want to play dirty, they need to up their game. That said, it's all part of the game and we don't begrudge the tactics used, please just get better at it!

You slammed him though :p I feel bad. So are you guys declaring on Llamas anytime soon? :icon_rolleyes:

Ignoramus of the Law

Some of them even join your tribe for crying out loud :D
Which ones? I've known slyguy ever since he was in -RN-, fighting us. I recommended him to RoH and RoH to him because we weren't recruiting at the time (I know, right?) and once RoH died it was only logical for him to join us. But except for him, which are the ones you talk about? Or at least, to satisfy the plural you used, who is the other one?

We don't have any diplomacy with Noobs.
And if what you say is true, then you are a rare breed my friend. Hats off!

After the defeat at Waterloo in 1815, European powers agreed on a very sensible balance of power - but a balance nonetheless. Each time on of the great powers tried to break the balance, the others would team up and prevent it.

At the time Why?? had an alliance with RoH and a NAP with us while fighting Tyrant and Gidiup. That was a balance as no side seemed to make any decisive moves. But if RoH were to merge with Gidiup then it would have been a strong Tyrant with a stronger Gidiup, now having a large border with Why?? which would have been outflanked and hit from all sides.

Llamas couldn't allow such a large faction to prosper. Tyrant and the New Gidiup backed by Noobs - way too much. It would have been a matter of weeks before jumping on Llamas.

At least that was the general idea. Somehow, the merge imploded and Gidiup + Roh became Gidiup, some random guys and ~REST~. Th great faction didn't come to life and the balance of power was once again agreed upon.

In this case, it didn't work, as Llamas is riddled with spies and people who don't want to be there any more. My original post was an attempt to bring some life to this dreary forum and just to make Llamas aware that if they want to play dirty, they need to up their game.
So basically, this is an attempt to advise and help us.
Well, this topic took an unexpected turn. I thought this is just banter and publicly exposing what a sad life a Llama has. But surprise, it isn't.

DeletedUser88324

Im sure im not the only one who appreciates the irony of this here.

And im actually slightly disappointed by the choice of the recruitment too as just having a brief look at all of their conqs about 70% of them are internals/barbs which while it isnt exactly the end of the world i would have thought a tribe like noobs with the caliber of players they have to be able to make more selective recruitment than that.

This is also the biggest loudest "gorilla chest-thump" post i've ever seen. You know the sort that says: "Im BIG and BAD and VERY TOUGH so YOU should RESPECT THAT but please dont fight us". I particularly like the edit afterwards to clarify that this is not a war declaration just in case anyone should get the wrong idea.

Overall not a bad PnP though, good luck in your rim munching :)

You misread and then bash, its what most people do here including myself at times, as it is fun to flame.

But in case you was drunk while reading, i flamed waterloo about the ph affair, because he was continuously bringing up the Subject about how great their war effort aginst them had been.. (would be similar to me pumping my chest about our """war""" with plague after having recruited there top players.. youcan agree tjthat would be lame, aye?)

This isnt PnP, nor official war dec. Not because we dont want to war llamas, but because if you look at the map it doesnt make sense for either side jusssst yet.

Edit to address the recruitment part: are they "élite" players? No. We had been discussing them joining for quite some time, and decided to take in a handfull of active, desiring to learn and grow, among several other personality qualities we wanted. We don't recruit "elite world winners" only. We recruit based on a specific mindset and personallity we are looking for. And in this case, we have found hungry players.. hungry to learn more,, and take on bigger challenges.
If you ask around, we have turned down so many excellent players just because their mindset was not what we were looking for, and/or simply because they were major A-holes.

Dont expect you to understand, just giving me reasons for it.

Last edited:

Yakushi Kabuto

Or at least, to satisfy the plural you used

SOME - an unspecified amount of number

I've known slyguy ever since he was in -RN-, fighting us. I recommended him to RoH and RoH to him because we weren't recruiting at the time (I know, right?) and once RoH died it was only logical for him to join us.

Waterlol :D Slyguy is the spy to whom you get that circular from RoH am I correct?

I'm pretty sadden by such course of action, referring a spy to a tribe that is neutral with no enmity. Of course you will not recruit individual small players like him, you tend to favor enemy tribe members with high points :D

As for the merge you always forcing us to believe, It did not happen.
This is where the RoH players went to, after their tribe disbanded
Why?? - 3 (Large accounts)
Gidiup - 4
Llama - 1
Rest - 13
others - 3

Who in their right mind will think this is a merge between Gidi and RoH?? :D

LOL many of your flaws are showing as you talk WaterLOL, using backhanded tactics every time an opportunity arise :D

Edit: Of course there is no recruiting in Llamas at peace-time. It is only done during wars Hahah

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i really hate snakes :/

...but i really like WaterLEW for some reason. the world is full of mystery!

8445_2aa3.gif

Yakushi Kabuto

I'm starting to like him too tbh :D From all my flaming he still maintain his cool and not act cocky and arrogant like other guys