A spear question

DeletedUser

How many spears is it ok to send and still collect enough resources to cover your losses?. when attacking an abandonned village?

I already have a few spears :)

DeletedUser

You need about 7000, so you have a long way to go.

Let's see if he actually believes me. /giggles

DeletedUser

Refuse to believe you already have spears.

You are on 26 points... the starting point. That would mean that since you have started you have upgraded 3 levels of HQ built you barracks and a "few" spears. This is assuming that you are a complete noob and managed to do all this without upgrading your res at all..

Based on that I refuse to answer you :)

DeletedUser

Then I realised that refusing him twice was a bit harsh... so I took one back :)

DeletedUser

I didn't think i would get replied to so quickly lol. I don't have spears my barracks is almost finish and then they will be in production :) i lied because i thought i would have it by the time anyone replied.

also i reckon 3 is just lying at least one will die and i will only get 3/50 of each resource which is not enough to rebuild the one i lose

DeletedUser

Well spotted, yes, I was lying. But it'd be funny for you to lose 1 every time you went out farming. Well, funny to me anyway.

EthanMacManus

7. That leaves you with 25*6 resources (assuming one dies). That is a total of 150. Assuming you get an even haul (As you probably will at this stage) you pull a total of 50 of each. It replaces your loss. If you get more wood, you come out better.

If they have a wall, you're boned.

8 is when it becomes profitable.

EDIT: Yes, just by the way, this isn't horribly efficient. But you didn't ask for efficiency :p

DeletedUser

i'm pretty sure its around 11 spears. try it out and let me know. i'm curious as well.

DeletedUser

last time i played in the core it was 11, but that was with morale so i don't know if that affected it or not. I think some people build wall and restart deliberately just to wind people up lol

DeletedUser

Simulator, -25% luck; 9 is the lowest spear count you can go before it isn't worthwhile.

Attacker Units: 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Attacker Units: 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

And 15 is just my personal preference.

EthanMacManus

There we go. I figured it might be that, but I was wanting more people to put a few more words to it :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Yes, 9 spears is the right answer.. with no wall.. And -25 luck.. we have no morale here..