A Sweet Tooth: 100 V. ODZ

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
wha wait are u telling me that the world is not over?

Interesting.....Hmmmm

Wakeling nice to see u buddy :)

DeletedUser114962

giphy.gif

Oddly enough, I've spent quite a bit of time on this external forum this world - I've enjoyed it, but this is all pathetic. The only thing I can discern from the last however many pages of blathering is that this entire world forum has descended far beyond the low-standards set by each of the last 10-20 worlds. Toxic, childish and ultimately boring. So I won't state that this will be my last post on this forum, but I'm certainly not going to be wasting my time trawling through it anymore.

So instead I'll try my hand at making an actual discussion, and will give my opinion on exactly where 100 went wrong. I'm probably better placed than most to say where I think that happened being the former duke of SLEEP, stuck in a war against the coalition and then later when 100 joined against us.

We could talk all day about 100 taking the route of least resistance. I could add that they should've backed my SLEEP members instead of the coalition - they may not have had the territory that was earned almost instantly by siding with the similarly sized coalition but they would have had the skill and activity. My belief? That their fear of BEAST in the midgame ultimately lost this world for them. What followed this fear was poor decision making that you see on every world by the losing tribe. ODZ went under the radar for an awfully long time (a mistake by all I might add), and instead of dominating K44 with activity it was dominated by a plethora of sub-standard players that had emerged from internalling coalition members after Riot! fell back in the early game. There were a few exceptions of course - big names like Kate2 and Roman Empire - but by now they've all conveniently given way to the "I'm too busy in RL" excuse right after the first OP had landed.

I want it noted that SLEEP members have finally found a home in ODZ and are actively taking part in this end-game war, and I want to thank everyone in ODZ for making that so. So for all the talk in the early game that SLEEP were scum, untrustworthy etc etc blah blah I'm still yet to find another tribe that stuck together when things got tough and went down with actual fight and honour.

Big up to southern 100 players though. The mid and south have been by far the most interesting regions of this war. This new tribe has come together fast and is already showing more resistance across the frontline, and I hope we can make this entertaining yet.

I love you

DeletedUser50733

I'm still yet to find another tribe that stuck together when things got tough and went down with actual fight and honour.​

This saddens me. The truth of this is unreal. All too often in TW nowadays players flee in the face of a tough battle, not many are willing to give it their all and try and win despite the odds. No honour, and a total lack of fight when the odds are against them.

This proved to be the downfall of Beast - the tribe it was regularly remarked on here early and mid game that everyone was afraid of. Quite simply put, when it got tough people looked for the exit. Only three accounts thought screw that, we gonna board up the exit and fight like hell to stop them getting in. 3, out of the 30-35 we had. Not even 10%. Some simply stopped logging in, others gave over sits claiming RL was a problem, others still went quiet and hoped it would all go away, and the remainder fled to the enemy. One account only from those 90% is able to hold their head up high knowing they came back from near total destruction, and took the avenue that offered the highest chance of settling their personal grudge. 4 accounts total from perhaps the most feared tribe during early and mid game - that lived and died by the sword - and in some cases rose again.

It’s a sad state of affairs. Made even sadder by players being blackmailed for the pass to their account, and being force internalled when this was refused and the pass could not be guessed - as shown by the multiple failed login attempts.

Sometimes I really detest TW.

DeletedUser122681

This saddens me. The truth of this is unreal. All too often in TW nowadays players flee in the face of a tough battle, not many are willing to give it their all and try and win despite the odds. No honour, and a total lack of fight when the odds are against them.

Sometimes I really detest TW.

I had to read through your post a couple of times to understand exactly what you're saying. And really respect your way of playing, you're making strong points and well tbh. Most of it should be a given when sadly, as you say, its not..

Theres just a tiny little but to your whole post. While you speak the truth you're also leaving parts of it out.

I agree a 100% that blackmailing someone into giving pw is not to be tolerated. No1 in ODZ would ever stand for it. But in this case you also have to consider ODZs side of the story.

A random guy suddenly shows up a week into the war on an acc we know the owner is away. An acc in ODZ was taking care of the acc and had promised the owner to keep taking care of it untill he'd be back. So suddenly the sit ends and shortly after we're walling on targets 100 should never have defended in a normal situation.

Afraid of this new guy being a spy and also, afraid of losing the acc compleatly.
Can you really blame us for asking for the pw in case the new guy would go mia? And in the heat of the moment expressing himself poorly. (Threatning to internal)
And I shit you not, the player felt so bad about it he almost quit regretting what he'd said.

Shortly after we receive info from Honest 100-players that said account has offered to give the account over to them, advising us to kick and internal.

Im sure the new guys in Turnip doesnt care but they deserve the whole truth and not just your black paint.

About going down while fighting is honorable to say the least. Maybe your only reason to keep fighting us was just for that sake. But looking at how 2 of the 3 you spoke of fled to 100 it looks to me as if you fought solely to slow us down. Allowing 100 to push. Your hope was that they would get as big of an advantage so they could beat us and you would get your tiny little revenge. In this I say you failed miserably since 100 already quit..

Why the accounts in the north didnt wanna help you in your cause was simply cus of the rift in your tribe due to poor leadership. Something you cant really blame your northern players for. Besides, when 100 desided to internal a whole continent we made a strategical decision to not to noble northern Beast. Is this something you regard as faul play too?
It is after all a strategy game..

Dont come with only half of the truth if you wanna depict us as the bad guys.

Hope the Brits will show more class than you do :)

#SaltyBeast

=Bit Cloud=

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm upset I never get offered villages. However, I'm also pretty sure no one was offered villages so would like to see those convos as no one mentioned it on the chats.

DeletedUser

Let's try the Brazil server now

They have nighttime protection which is nice for those of us in the States that aren't granted that luxury on our own server, as they are basically the same timezone. The locals there are friendly and very welcoming to outsiders. Take the time to learn a few standard Portuguese words and you'll be one of the gang in no time! They primarily use WhatsApp as their preferred program of communication and occasionally post homemade videos of creative ways to kill rodents. 8/10 Server.

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
They have nighttime protection which is nice for those of us in the States that aren't granted that luxury on our own server, as they are basically the same timezone. The locals there are friendly and very welcoming to outsiders. Take the time to learn a few standard Portuguese words and you'll be one of the gang in no time! They primarily use WhatsApp as their preferred program of communication and occasionally post homemade videos of creative ways to kill rodents. 8/10 Server.
Oh wow, OK lol
Thanks for the analysis.

DeletedUser118436

The dumb poet guy doesn't have a poetry for the event it seems...