A tale of War, Respect & Viral Diseases

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
1) Why would I deny it? I typically check players times

2) Still dont know who you are.

3) I have no idea what this whole thread is about. Is it because we nobled some MILF / Trump villages?

If so, sorry fellas. Sucks to be you.

I lost one to. I figure that is what this game is about, no?

GOG

Mr Ben- digo :D

DeletedUser

GOG will eat you last...

Poor devil

daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-408-3.gif

gargareth

I'm kinda confused about this thread.

The thing that is confusing me is this, things seem to have gone down like this:
First Garrock expresses interest in working with the Random tribe (currently named Trump I believe), this has been stated multiple times in this thread by Pervis and seems to have been a thing he was happy with. He also says he respected Garrock and respected the tribe as being self-sufficient (Garrocks interesting in working with Random people doesn't seem to affect this consideration of self sufficiency)

Then Garrock instead works with other tribe(s) and at this point the entire notion of a tribe working with any other tribe in any way becomes completely repulsive to Pervis and others (at the same time that such cooperation is harmful to them)

Feels somewhat inconsistent, no? Or cooperation is only not morally reprehensible when it's with you?

It's not even like previous Random tribes have gone for some kind of "honourable" no diplomacy style. On w39 for example I believe nuke911's (terrible, horrible, no good, very bad) tribe was NAPed for a while (with the intention of eating them later) and if I remember rightly, also sitting unconnected people who were being attacked by ID to snipe and backtime them?

This all just seems like fairly stupid whining because things went badly for you.
Unless I'm missing something?

Can you make a post without insulting anyone? Or is it above your brain capacity
Also this is just such a ridiculous post, good work as always murph.

Pretty sad to find myself siding with (I believe) a hc nuke tribe.

twenty-five

It's not even like previous Random tribes have gone for some kind of "honourable" no diplomacy style. On w39 for example I believe nuke911's (terrible, horrible, no good, very bad) tribe was NAPed for a while (with the intention of eating them later) and if I remember rightly, also sitting unconnected people who were being attacked by ID to snipe and backtime them?.

I don't recall ever being NAP'd with nuke on w39, if we were nuke had very little self respect given we used to troll him at every opportunity. I miss it. :icon_sad:

Again sitting unconnected people isn't something I remember, and I did a fair amount of SNIPE AND BACKTIME that world. I do remember giving tribe's we were cool with return times of offense and explaining backtiming to them on a couple of times which I guess is somewhat close to what you were trying to get. Whilst I wouldn't rule out the possibility that what you claim happened, I was one of the 4/5 people doing the majority of Random's timing so would have imagined I'd have come across it.

Anyway that's all irrelevant to what this thread is about, and I think you misunderstood that. I don't think the point of the thread was ever really garrock so bad he makes allies and works with others. More garrock so bad he pretends to be interested in being friends whilst secretly working against them. I don't know whether that's the case or not and I don't really care to be honest.

devil667

Garg, ID had used Bunny [minder's tribe] to backtime and cat us, as opposed to which, a tribe called Northern ALliance or something was allied by Random to counter it. Thats as far as war with ID went. Incase you're still unsure about it, shveik can clear it up, he was one of the ID topguns ;) .

And besides norach was my mentor in TW. ;) . Random has never sided for a massive gangbang, simply cause we never needed any. ;) . And I never said we followed "No Diplomacy" playing, however allying the 2nd biggest tribe being the biggest within a single K, and then getting them to merge accounts to move within the tribe, thats kinda ............. . not sure what you call it. ;)

And pfft tom where are you, need you ingame, could really do with some rainbows right aboot now.

gargareth

I don't recall ever being NAP'd with nuke on w39, if we were nuke had very little self respect given we used to troll him at every opportunity. I miss it. :icon_sad:

I mean they definitely had agreement not to attack Random it's entirely possible that you didn't actually have them marked at all, but for a time I had the misfortune to have access to an account in that tribe.

I think I originally got it when there was some dumb fighting with LA (I believe I SNIPE AND BACKTIMEd him actually) and at some point I got fed up with nuke and suicided its O onto thewall4588 (which was definitely considered breaking a NAP- the idea was that then Random would just kill nukes tribe and he would be sad and I would be pleased because I found him annoying.)

I'm probably remembering something from some other world with the sitting or whatever then, and it's possible I even have the above details wrong (as it's 6 and a half years ago now) but the broader point was just that such tribes operated by the creators of this thread have never been run based on some notion of "honourableness" or using no diplomacy or such, even with incorrect details I am pretty sure this is something that you would concede the truth of. (Though I'm not in any way claiming they were mattcurr style ally and invite all you can tribes either.)

I really don't think the thread is most reasonably read as going for what you say it is, particularly given these posts emphasising the "safe" "not very warlike" and the quote about having thought of rabid as a self-sufficient tribe. edit: As well as devils post immediately after yours (in response to me) once again focusing on allying.

I think there is at least as much emphasis on the OMG ALLY part as the OMG FAKE FRIEND part, and the fact that the "suggested might want to work together" part is there (in the way that it is- obviously in a different world if it was OMG THIS GUY WANTS TO WORK WITH EVERYONE then it could make this part stronger) makes the OMG ALLY part seem fairly silly.
If it is indeed about what you say it is then I guess I would withdraw some of my criticism and instead redirect it to the quality of the OP and various responses by both devil and Pervis.

I feel like a greater level of focus should have been put on this point as it is the one that seems the worst (in terms of things Garrock/Rabid did)
devil667 said:
I will simply add a snap of a rabid agreeing to nobling villages grown with the "intention of them being nobled by Rabid members"

As if that is the case then those are just push accounts which is obviously terrible. If this was the main point rather than OMG TRIBALHUGS Y U SO DO then I wouldn't have any issue with this.

@devil Now that you say that I do recall that it was ID that used sitting vs random, eh I at least got the world and the tribes right, that's something at least.

Last edited:

devil667

Well, I was mostly referring to the contradictions made by garrock if you read carefully, and the overall nature of his leading, which seems to incorporate MassHuggles & Massinternals & Push. ;) Only 1 issue by itself is rarely significant enough for me to create a thread.

Btw, were you in ID!!!? o_O why do you remember that world? o_O

twenty-five

I remember something with LA, wouldn't say it lead to an NAP or not I genuinely don't know.

I'll be completely honest I didn't read anything else recently apart from the opening post, but I did get that impression from there. I think the aspect of allying is a point raised, but I didn't think it seemed very central -- more tangential. I guess it comes from maybe me placing the (relative) importance towards the whole deception thing because as you say that is probably the "worst" thing done and I also agree i didn't receive enough focus (despite still being the central thing I drew from the post...)

Anyway gargargargargargareth why are either of us talking about this? Don't you have footraces against girls to be winning or something? :/

gargareth

Right, but as I said I feel like basically everything other than push accounts reads (to me anyway) as whiny, I guess I just don't really see mass hugging as being particularly wrong (though obviously it's really dull) I probably would have made that more central whilst still also including everything else to try to make it be more generally shady things (and then the things that are basically fine like diplo and working with others/hugging etc. gets kinda marred by that) In it's current structure it seems more tacked on at the end so it reads similarly to a whine/excuse with a cheat accusation stuck on at the end (which is a fairly common thing) rather than something better. I don't know I guess my conclusion is just that it could have been better written idk how this became a conversation about post structure.

I wasn't in ID I sometimes helped Geico accounts when something needed defending or some other problem (given the abysmal quality of that tribe that was obviously pretty constant) so I kinda sorta followed what was going on on w39 but not really.

Anyway gargargargargargareth why are either of us talking about this?
I have no idea why either of us are currently on the tw forum at all. You are worse though, you were a mod (for only like 6 hours or so though) for some unimaginable reason fairly recently.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Garg, ID had used Bunny [minder's tribe] to backtime and cat us, as opposed to which, a tribe called Northern ALliance or something was allied by Random to counter it. Thats as far as war with ID went. Incase you're still unsure about it, shveik can clear it up, he was one of the ID topguns ;) .

And besides norach was my mentor in TW. ;) . Random has never sided for a massive gangbang, simply cause we never needed any. ;) . And I never said we followed "No Diplomacy" playing, however allying the 2nd biggest tribe being the biggest within a single K, and then getting them to merge accounts to move within the tribe, thats kinda ............. . not sure what you call it. ;)

And pfft tom where are you, need you ingame, could really do with some rainbows right aboot now.

Fighting Random was the most fun I've had in a war that i've lost, and even though we lost it felt like we over achieved given the situation.

Consider...
- Random out numbered us in accounts 2 to 1 and players 2.5 to 1.
- Random had tools other tribes didn't have (The one that pulls from the tw servers and tracks point changes for all the players so we can deduce what was built)
- Random had significant clout - between their killer line-up of players and bevy of forum mods among their ranks. This clout gave advantage in the areas of recruiting, PnP, and diplomacy.

It felt like we were fighting a guerrilla war against you. It was a war that was engaging on every level - tactically with all the back timing and sniping, but also got to try new strategies like using smaller tribes as a honey pot, heck even espionage played a vital role in much of the success we did have.

In the end, we severely underestimated Random's resilience. We were counting on most people quitting after we wiped them out, when that didn't happen our fate was sealed.

Good times :)