A Thread of Ice and Fire

Michael Corleone.

I'm a bit drunk but this forum is lacking a true A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones thread. So let's all discuss the books and show ladies and gents.

Favorite moment from the show and/or books?

[spoil]Stannis saving the wall is my personal favorite from the books and the show.[/spoil]

oh oh and use spoiler tags people!

DeletedUser

I liked when Olly stabbed Jon Snow. stupid jon snow was so inconsiderate to olly. The wildings killed ollys parents for gods sake. stupid jon snow knows nothing
f73dc266a9b4618321d6a8e9ae4ae3ea.jpg

Michael Corleone.

Congrats Diplayonly.. you may never post here ever again.

Michael Corleone.

[video=youtube;j9ajmVN3k9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ajmVN3k9s[/video]

​Another personal favorite of mine :D

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Though book Stannis is imo better than show Stannis... He has some real awesome moments in the show o0 I mean the ones that differ from the books. Like his attack on Winterfell :icon_razz:

[spoil]
stannis-has-no-chance.gif
[/spoil]

Michael Corleone.

I wouldnt call that scene awesome. Yes it is nice he does not back down ever, but the final 2 episodes of Season 5 were an abortion

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I wouldnt call that scene awesome. Yes it is nice he does not back down ever, but the final 2 episodes of Season 5 were an abortion

Well I like the scene, but yeah the other stuff around him. Like the reasoning behind the burning of his daughter (C'mon if you read down this far you should know there will be spoilers) just wasn't properly explained or motivated in the series imo. If were to come to that in the books I'm hoping it'll be done much better :icon_smile: But Shireen isn't even with Stannis when he marches for Winterfell there.

Another favourite moment of mine, in the books and in the show, is when lil Khaleesi burns the master of the Unsullied and their city. That was quite awesome o0

Michael Corleone.

[spoil]It is still possible Shireen gets burned in the books. She is at the Wall and Jon has just died. I could see her being sacrificed and burned in order to bring Jon back. Will this be a decision Stannis makes I do not know. The battle for Winterfell in the books is shaping up to be so much better than the show.[/spoil]

Season 6 at least has some promising storylines to come (Kingsmoot..Siege of Riverrun aka RETURN OF THE BLACKFISH) but I really hope they just drop an atom bomb on Dorne aka sending Ramsay Bolton with 20 good men and Brienne of Tarth there to slaughter everyone.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Those 20 good men... God damn it, makes me wanna use profanity haha

Yeah, loads of interesting things coming up ^^ Kinda interested in what Daenarys will do with the Dothraki khalasar she found as well. That's also a battle that ought to be interesting, Though it misses quite some characters who are still alive in the books and dead in the show :icon_sad:

Aye, The battle for Winterfell will be epic in the books ^^ Have you read some of the theories about it?

Michael Corleone.

[spoil]Yes I have read some. The Boltons and Freys there in Winterfell are surrounded by their own enemies. I can see them fighting within the castle. From what I have last read, I think we will have Stannis execute Theon the "Ned Stark" way. The Karstarks have been found out and will feel the wrath.[/spoil]

Now the Battle of the Bastards will be good on the show. I do expect Littlefinger and The Vale to "come save the day" for Sansa Stark. The Boltons may lose but it won't matter. The wall is coming down and Winter will arrive.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll be bloody up North for sure. Do you believe in the Northern conspiracy? So many options for how things will turn out in the books ^^ It's awesome really. And yeah the wall WILL come down in Season 6 I think. That will give me shiver like Hearthhome did and more most likely o0 I remember almost spoiling it to Bill when it aired, because it was so good hehe

Aye, I also believe Baelish will come and "save the day" he'll play Sansa's card and end up controlling the North, Vale and Riverlands. Though I don't see him holding on for long. I wonder how it'll intertwine with the wall coming down.

Michael Corleone.

1. Its Hardhome* not Hearthome lawl

2. I believe in the Northern Conspiracy. I could even see Stannis winning the battle of Winterfell but like I said in my spoiler tags, that may still happen which will be interesting to see where his character would go from there.

3. It won't hold up for long. Sansa will avenge her family and kill Littlefinger in the show. Its the only way that whole storyline with her and him pays off. Otherwise the whole marriage to Ramsay was for nothing. (Which would not surprise me as D & D are garbage)

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I can't wait for some Sansa redemption to be honest :) Changing from a tool (who's earlier chapters were hard to enjoy for me) to a player herself ^^

Also, are we the only ones here Alex? :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

I like Sansa's chapters. She's the most trapped character, easy for me to connect with. probably been through the most heartbreak so far in the books. (I'm on book 3) They killed her dog, they killed her dad, she has no friends save that drunk ex-knight who is promising to rescue her, the knight of flowers was kinda a jerk to her. She thought he liked her, but naw, he's a just a prick. Then she has to go tell all the Tyrells how evil joffery is, that was terrifying for poor Sansa. Every chapter is super stressful for her. Oh man and that one chapter where she had to try to burn her sheets...poor poor girl.

DeletedUser

There are several great moments/scenes in the series. This one is among the top 5 for me.

[spoil]
giphy.gif
[/spoil]

Michael Corleone.

[spoil][video=youtube;CuH3tJPiP-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U[/video][/spoil]

Season 6 Trailer!

Caught a lot of things just gonna name 2:

[spoil]TOWER OF JOY HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEEEEEEEEE

EURON!!11 HYPE[/spoil]

[spoil]
646adf57c3bfc29992f2b32926da0a37.png

Arthur Dayne with 2 swords? LAME[/spoil]

[spoil]
Z5AtAS7.jpg
Yep.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
[spoil]Yeah Dayne is weird, if that's him =/ Can't think who else it would be though.

- Bran meets the Nights King, probably in a vision since he's standing up.
- Davos steals Jon Snows dead body away from the watch, probably for Mel?
- Wildlings fighting Boltons!
- Theon is in the Iron Islands, looks like the kingsmoot o0
- The Faith is properly arming itself, you can see the 100 Holy Lances.
- The Tower of Joy scene!!!

Some tidbits I circ'd the tribe about :icon_razz: Nice catch with Jon![/spoil]

Michael Corleone.

[spoil]Image of Euron on a bridge it looks like...Euron kills Balon?!?[/spoil]

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I dislike using spoilers all the time =/
From this point on, if you keep reading you'll spoil yourself.

-------------------

I was mistaken, its Euron on the Iron Isles, not Theon.
And yeah that scene very much looks like it. I guess that destroys the theory of Euron paying a Faceless Man with the dragon egg. Or makes it less likely to have happened in the books anyways.

I've been browsing Reddit and Westeros.org. Many interesting theories ^^

Michael Corleone.

I really do not care for the other theories so many are so far fetched and out there, the only one thats true is, well you know.