A touch of FRST...

DeletedUser

An animated look at some of FRST's wars.
(And general spam thread about them)

Note: ZOMG at that file size... I have been trying to make them smaller, but failing. Will keep trying, if there are slow load times, that's why. If your on a slow internet connection, you might not even be able to open them, will try and fix it later.

The first war, FRST Vs. KKnD:

[SPOIL]
frstkknd.gif
[/SPOIL]

The next war, FRST Vs. CoD:

[SPOIL]
frstcod.gif
[/SPOIL]

The next: FRST & LighT. Vs. BORED! Family & SnOwP/Nomad/Sheep/etc:

[SPOIL]
frstbored.gif
[/SPOIL]

The next: FRST & AAA Vs. WMD Family:

[SPOIL]
frstwmd.gif
[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

FRST & LighT. Vs. BORED! Family & SnOwP/Nomad/Sheep/etc:

Pic doesnt work :/

Really like the idea though.

DeletedUser

Anyone got any ideas what i can do to reduce the file size? I've tried shrinking them, etc but it still ends up being a large file, and harder to see.

DeletedUser

Yea as long as they don't make your computer blow up when trying to open the spoiler it should be fine.

DeletedUser

hahahah the problem is that with them being big, they bug while reproducing what they are supposed to.
Sorry harb, have nothing for you, for now. haha
Try a good friend of mine, Google =] hahahaha

DeletedUser

the changing picture is cool, but for me, and i have ridiculously fast internet, the only one causing a problem is bored pic, so maybe just post the beginning and end pics instead.

DeletedUser

I'm the same as duhrigs. All work fine apart from the Bored one. Can't help with reducing the size I'm afraid - I still get my kids to help me with anything more complicated than opening a programme lol

DeletedUser

My internet is quite good still the all seem a little slow. But the Bored one, yes... thats very bugged.

DeletedUser

I think it's the format, the first FRST/KKnD one is alot smaller than the others, because there are alot less frames, it's only "two-tone" so to speak. I think i will re-do them all like that, it should help, give me a day or so, and i will update it.

DeletedUser93260

An early history of how FROST came to be.

FROST started in world 41 and was named after a player I came to dislike but named the tribe after named Frostigurl. I joined on the rim and created the tribe because the rim tribe we were in was just awful so we split.

November 10 FROST came into being

I was playing world 41-FROST & 42-MANIC at the time and convinced a group of 8 great players to come to this world with me Rickatty, Cragai, Mission 1, Hagar the White III, Kaged Krusader, Imusic, Tolinka & my early co-duke Drag Queen. We really had no plan to form a tribe but hoped that we would find a good tribe to join together. FROST was actually started so we could communicate and at the beginning we didn't even bother populating the forums. Our little group was always near the top in player point average though CFC looked like a large hurdle for the tribe. For me personally it was a tribe called Centrum which really slowed my growth and almost got me nobled later which would actually be the largest early turning point for the tribe.

November 14th
Our first addition was a player named Troxt, he recognized the skill of our few players and really added to the tribes early growth and probably did more for my growth and the tribe as a whole than anyone in the early going. Anyone left from the beginning will tell you how important a role Troxt played in those early months.

We were looking for a tribe and recieved countless offers and threats from CFC which we promptly ignored and finally decided to look at merging as I really just saw no feasable options I could lead the group into with any confidence. Merging with other tribes to build a tribe is brutal and luckily our first one was a good one as we would add Choccie Bear and a host of other players which while for the most part wouldn't last but added stability to the group. Through a couple of later failed merges Choccie Bear would really add a level of stability and really helped keep the group together through early personality conflicts. Drag Queen, Choccie Bear and Troxt essentially were the beginning of the council and this has continued to great success.

November 27
One thing I can take great pride in is early patience and not panicking into making moves just for the sake of making moves and adding players.
We then went through a couple of failed merges before adding Greenmantle with a small group. No one will ever know how many arguments I had early with Greenmantle to keep him recruiting but we recognized Greenmantles importance to the tribe and wouldn't let him stop. We later had a number of arguments but it was one of the best moves I would make in my time as duke.

November 26-27
One failed merge was with a tribe called Black which had Susie Jean, dEANO1UK and another 10 or so players. This merge lasted one day with them leaving saying the tribe sucked which we found quite amusing but it caused turmoil at the time and greatfully we got rid of these guys early as I think these players would have been a cancer going forward.

December 2nd, 2009
The next potentially world changing moment for the tribe would be when Kurlander started to noble me. We were a little tribe at the time and I had lost my first few hundred LC to stacked barbs from a noob tribe so I had fallen behind the growth curve a bit which was almost fatal when Kurlander started to noble me. Thanks to my tribemates and my reaction I not only survived but we added what would be a great group of players from the failing CFC and were off to the races. Thanks to the early group for the 50 or so fakes sent at Kurlander to convince him of our tribes cohesion. Despite having my loyalty fall to 40ish Kurlander and I lost no troops though I think I had enough to backtime him for the record. Being able to convince a very aggressive sometimes volitile player Kurlander to join would be huge in the tribes development as with him he brought the original Steam Roller another great player.

December 4th 2009.
CFC fell apart in the coming days and we now became the most attractive option for the members of the tribe. We had our pick of the little and in just a short time added great players like Horse Soldier, dust0000, tribb, The. RedDragon, Lost Serenity(from another group), O Captain My Captain, Kotche, The Dark Beast, The Devil is My Angel, & dekum many of which are still around today.

January -February 2010

The first thing that happened was me personally recuiting Wozzicus a player I knew from another world but soon after came the biggest tribe changing event which happened early in the new year when we recruited a great and ever militant group of players from BAD led by Bean Dip. This group became so pivotal in helping FROST be the first to completely secure a second K, defending expertly against many KKnD attacks until we could get enough going to help them in the war. This group was awesome working together as a unit and really helped give the tribe purpose in the coming months. Many great players came from this group but most notible were Fincky, Bobble611, & Dimfas.

Not to be lost in this was the later recruitment of Uncle Fester at the beginning of February a player who had put up such a good fight in World 24 that I remembered him and sought him out in W-43.

This time was bitter sweet for me personally, we lost so many great players and individual friends and all of the original 8 excluding me. Drag Queen leaving hurt the most as she was a great co duke and friend as well as Mission 1 who was a beast. Life had its turmoil for me and I had realized that I couldn't give the tribe the attention required to make it what I hoped it would become. I thought long and hard about who to ask and really had 2 options Troxt & Choccie Bear. The Choccie Bears stepped up for the group and became such an incredible leaders, the transition was so smooth and it really was incredible the job they did holding everything together. This really freed up time and energy for me and allowed me to put a ton of effort into the KKnD war. At the start of the war I had 5 villages and was 20 hours away from the front. At the end working with Kurlander together we took around 50 villages from KKnD really leading the charge to kill KKnD fast and give momentum for the things to come, allowing us secure borders and giving the tribe the ability to respond to the next major war.

Not too long after this I left for life and because I was having too many arguments with players I respected too much. The problem I have always had with this game is the time commitment to be truly great, but the challenge is so fun when you are getting there.

I hope FROST is able to keep it going to the end and I will always take pride in what the tribe became from no expectations. Love to all past and present members for making the tribe what it is. If not the greatest tribe in any of the TW worlds surely the most respected for how they have conducted themselves throughout the history of the world.

Cheers

Thinger

Last edited by a moderator: