A tribute to Suncraft

DeletedUser

It is with great sadness that i have to come back to these forums as i feel the gravity of a recent situation within Dust deserves me to break any rule ive previously made...

We here at Dust now fear the worst for one of our main players, suncraft, who announced he had been diagnosed with cancer some months back. And we want to announce some changes that will be made to honour one of our own in the best way we see possible...

suncraft came to us from END, a tribe we defeated in a war and absorbed their best players as is the way in TW. He was the leader there and very quickly became an important member of Dust and it wasnt long before we gave him what he deserved, to become joint leader of Dust. About 6 months ago he confided in our leadership of his medical condition and that he wouldnt be online for a few weeks because he would be hospitalised for treatment. He did return after this for a very short time where he was his usual self, diving into ops to counter ~LS~ who were all over him, but his condition deteriorated again and had to go back for more treatment so he set his sitter and departed again... This was back in June/July and that remains our the last time we have spoken to him.

Weve been playing his account with sitters since then until someone logged into his account about 2 weeks ago, and quickly left without contacting any of us, without opening any mails and most suspiciously didnt set a sitter. The account has gone red since then and we are confident it wasnt him that signed in to check the account because its simply not his way to leave without speaking to any of us.

Now, we see this as a situation that supercedes the game and we wanted to share this loss with everyone as im sure some of u still have hearts even if they have been subjected to many axes and LC, so please spare a thought for him because we really do fear the worst has happened...

The announcement that I want to make here is that we will be reprofiling our tribe as a tribute to a comrade and true friend, and someone we dont want to forget. We will now be tagged as Sunny in-game (his nickname he was affectionately known by intribe) and our profile page will be rewritten over the next couple of days... We would also appreciate that we are allowed to internally noble his villages without any outside interference. The time and effort sunny put into gaining every village for our tribe remains in those villages, his legacy so to speak.

We appreciate we will still be referred to as Dust by everyone in W16 who knows us, and thats fine because that still defines who we are and reflects our short history here, but from now on the tribe will remind us everyday of the true joys and pains of real life...

I want to end by saying that we all hope to god he comes back, because knowing hes still with us is more important than whatever is done here.

I know there will be some who will read into this as some elaborate tactic, strategy or hoax but i can assure u that we know this guy very well as u will all know your fellow tribemates and we are honestly fearing the worst after our last chats with him when he was last here and the details he shared with us, all of this points to where we are now :icon_cry:

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sunny was one of my best friends ingame. He was filled with kindness and helped motivate others when things got tough. His work for our tribe has helped us to get to where we are today and we all are terribly sad that he will more than likely no longer be with us. More sad because of the great friend he was to many of us. This was a guy who even whilst suffering from terrible illness, worked hard for the tribe and for his friends up until a few days before his last operation.

We feel this is a fitting tribute to him and ensures that he will not be forgotten by us and others who knew him well.

RIP Suncraft :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

RIP suny.

me and suncraft used to hve the most random chats, i used to sit there and he would send me something random and give me the giggles, ill miss that :'(

wish you the best dude!

DeletedUser

I will miss Sunny. He was my mentor, my teammate, my friend.

May the Wind be always at your Back.

Farewell Sunny

MichielK

Terrible news :icon_sad:

I'm very sorry for your loss, and wish his family, friends and tribemates strength during this difficult time.

DeletedUser75807

I do not post much, but he was a good foe. I had a lot of respect for the way he fought, he never gave up even when I had him overwhelmed. Few of my sneakier tactics worked against him so I just usually resorted to brute force. He will be missed.

:icon_cry:

Norym

Kreamer

We may be enemies in the game but that means nothing compared to real life. I pray he hasn't gone yet and that he gets well soon but if its his time then may he go in peace
RIP Sunny

DeletedUser

If you don't know for sure that he died, I wouldn't say that he did. My grandpa was diagnosed with cancer (multiple myeloma) at the beginning of the summer. His health seemed to be quickly failing, and doctors were at the point that they didn't think he would live, but he did. My grandpa's cancer went into remission and he's still with us.

Now I'm not trying to turn this around to be about my family. In fact, my point is to not give up on your friend. My grandpa started his recovery months ago, but he's still yet to regain his full health. He is still weak and often needs help around the house, though he is getting stronger. It could be similar for Sunny, that he's just been left too weak to worry about a game.

So don't give up hope just yet.

DeletedUser

As has been said, hopefully he's still around and just unable to log in at this time.

Hope he gets better soon so he can come and tell you whats been happening :)