A tribute to Suncraft

DeletedUser

The point is that someone did loginto his account and then left. He would definitely have dropped us a line to give us an update but didnt... it looked far more like someone going through his personal affects than someone who understood TW. And as for not giving up, weve been at his side for over 6months through this and weve seen the deteriotion in the man... im not going to be drawn into an argument over this, ive said all that needs to be said.

DeletedUser

I did not know Sunny, but surely know the pain of losing a friend and loved one. My prayers are for you, his friends and tribemates, as well as his family, during this most difficult of times (whether he is gone or merely too sick to play, strength is needed by all).

John

DeletedUser

i think its within reason you should take his villages without outside interference.

im sorry this has happened to you guys.

RIP sunny :icon_cry:

mLions

Really sorry to hear this about your tribesman and friend. It only shows that this game connects us all, even though it's a cyber world reality.

The truth is, no one at LSHRV is happy you have a man (not account) down. We wish him and his family all the best, and in the case he already passed away, I pray his family finds the comfort in the Eternal One...

DeletedUser82072

My condolences as well. It is a sad thing for anyone to have to suffer through as I have seen first hand what it can do to a person. I will pray that he is doing fine and is just too weak to play.

I would suggest we all take minute of silence and pray for him.

Black/AKA ??

DeletedUser

My condolences as well. It is a sad thing for anyone to have to suffer through as I have seen first hand what it can do to a person. I will pray that he is doing fine and is just too weak to play.

I would suggest we all take minute of silence and pray for him.

Black/AKA ??

Agreed, a minute silence to show our respects is the least Sunny deserves.

DeletedUser

R.I.P sunny may you chase all the girls down were eva you are

DeletedUser

may he find peace where ever he is. what type of cancer was/is he suffering from?(if you dont mind.) Even if it is cancer if diagnosed in its early stages there is a higher possibility of getting cured.

DeletedUser45021

I was rather disgusted at some of the posts that I have seen in this thread (I won't name names).

Some of you have to consider that cancer, is NOT a joke, and it is rather serious. Thinking about if you can noble a village because someone has cancer, on itself, is already a horrible thought and rather selfish.

However one should also not use this fact for their own advantage as that is horrible and selfish as well (though I am not an ingame mod, so I will not get involved with that).

Lastly, I'll just quote something as it can't be put into better words than this:

Let's remember that this thread started as a way for everyone to express their sorrow and sympathy over something horrible that has happened to someone in our little community. I'd like to think we're all mature enough to keep it from turning into a flamefest or a vehicle for politics and propaganda. Think about that before you press that submit button on your next response.

If you guys want to further discuss this, please keep it out of these forums as I won't accept it in here. It's just disrespectful towards Suncraft.

Thank you, and please, let's keep this clean.

mLions

Ende has just informed me very passionately that some LSHRV members have insulted Sunny in one way or another. I haven't read any of their posts and from I understand they have been deleted. From what I discern from Ende's fuming is that some LSHRV members have done two things:
1) Taken lightly the plight of RL person who played Suncraft's account
2) Nobled his villages in-game

As for the first one, I apologise on behalf of LSHRV leadership for any intentional or unintentional insults, jokes, or trivialisation of RL person, his illness or even worst scenario, by our members. No one has right to attack a RL person, especially in cases like Suncraft's.

As for the second one, I will publish a part of my reply to Ende:

"(We wish to respect all your members- RL persons. [but]Don't translate this into the game. You made your request, apparently, from what you're telling me, someone didn't think your request should be honoured, [Norym nobled Suncraft's villages? haven't checked really] and the game goes on. That is not a disrespect towards the RL person Sunny - this is only YOUR decision to see it this way.

When OE from Hippo had his car accident, when some of our members had family crisis, when our members lost their jobs, ended up in the hospitals, their villages were not spared,and rightfully so. We didn't even publicly divulge this information. This is the game, villages are there for taking. While RL persons will always be respected, their villages in TW are emotionally and cognitively detached from them."

I say again, we are very sorry that RL person Suncraft is going through such a challenging time, but I do not accept the reasoning that attacking his villages is a sign of disrespect towards him. I personally will not attack his villages, and now in fact I'll send a circular mail asking LSHRV members to sustain from them, but I do not see that as a sign of respect or disrespect - that's a game and it's going on.

Now you may sanction me or despise me, but I stand by this post. Respect to ALL RL players - don't translate this into TW game.

DeletedUser

Many thanks mlions for responding to the situation, appreciated.

Ive had a mixed bag of mails from your tribemates in response to these events, some of u have been great and supportive and others have been extremely rude. We understand its only a game and that we are all entitled to play how we like and therefore we agree your response is your prerogative. And we understand your points that this is all something outside the game and doesnt deserve any place here, however we see it differently and thought such circumstances needed to be shared and everyone could find some 'unity' from this tragedy. We likewise will not apologise for making the announcement because we felt everyone in W16 would like to know why we are reprofiling and would also want to share their thoughts. A few kind words go a long way...

What has angered everyone is some of the postings which were put up here and it wasnt as simple as some people taking it lightly, they were more directly insulting than that. Lets hope this is an end to this dark day.

DeletedUser

I know I've been long gone from Dust and TW but I think I should say that I hope the best for him. I do hope he's still around but in the case that he isn't may he rest in peace. Suncraft will always be remembered.