AAA opens fire on Judges?

DeletedUser

Enjoyable? Everyone was complaining about it. The discussion ended after the war ending. But is that causation? I think not. Why? Because I myself was arguing with a AAA member after the war ended, about the merge. And about AAA.

Sure, right after the merge the forums filled with players attacking Wobble and Yarr for merging reciprocated by plenty of defenses from Wobble and Yarr players, but that lasted, what, 2 or 3 days?

The thread went quiet for the simple reason that it went quiet. People had more to do in-game to prepare for the next war, which was already going to happen imminently before the merge. The merge was heading it off. It wasn't quiet because of some merge, but because people weren't bored enough to bother posting with me, because they had more to do in-game, not less.

No, that thread went quiet, as well as every other thread, because there were no good, active wars. The merge(s) caused these lack of wars. I have simplified cause and effect here, but to clarify, the merges caused the lack of wars which caused the disinterest in the PnP and the world as a whole.

Your claim that people had more to do in-game rather than less is incorrect, as one can clearly see that during the wobble/yarr war, the PnP was very much alive (which was a very active war, people were posting as they were attacking and defending and no doubt planning) in contrast to a few days later when the w65 PnP practically came to a halt. Your theories that people stopped posting because they were planning for war

(This excepting all the ad hominem aimed at Wobble that goes on in skype, of course).

The post you quoted from the Wobble vs. Yarr thread was no ad hominem. To re-quote my post for anyone else reading, I said:

electricool said:
(Don't worry Shagohad. Towel's statements are so full of shit that it's getting boring proving him wrong.

If I were to be using ad hominem, I would have to be launching a personal, unrelated insult, such as “Towel is a little shit” (as he did to me). Instead what I posted was a remark as to the frequency that Towel is wrong, affecting his reputation and therefore being a legitimate criticism of his credibility as a poster.

And seriously, bringing up some stupid banter from Skype into the PnP? That’s just weak man. A sign of desperation I usually find.

Instead of answering the posts I was making, you went told me that I wasn't focusing on the actual point...a point that is not the actual point of the thread anyways. Red herring; distraction. This is besides the red herring of blaming a merge for dragging posts down when the actual timeline doesn't correspond with your evidence. Though I suppose that could also be distorting the facts.

Your accusation of using a Red Herring would be valid had I incorporated my ‘Red Herring’ within an unrelated argument. I only simply replied to a previous post commenting on a lack of forum posts and was not arguing any other point made to do with AAA and Judges.

Fact is, the topics of forums evolve and it is acceptable to follow with it. Not every single post should and must be directly related to the original post. Or else your mod friends would have deleted your posts about the Yarr/Wobble merge in the Yarr/Wobble war thread, as of course there was another thread discussing the merge.

This one's an overgeneralization, not a false analogy. Whoops. 3/4 on the fallacies, I guess :icon_wink:.

Sorry to disappoint you Or-el, but you’re now down to 0/4 on the fallacies. And no, it’s not an overgeneralisation as for it to be so, it must have lacked robust explanation as to why my reasoning includes its range of effects. Which it doesn’t.

Heck, even one proves my point. You're being wishy-washy all over the place, and don't back up what you say, you just assume everyone will believe that a merge killed the forums when it really...didn't.

Perhaps I will give you that my points were not previously explained thoroughly enough until this post as perhaps the link between merging causing a lack of war required too much of your own thought, but I look forward to you nitpicking at the newer one some more. I can always count on you to do that.

Speaking of game over, has Judges disbanded yet?

No and they deserve some credit for not having already done so. :)

DeletedUser

Sure, right after the merge the forums filled with players attacking Wobble and Yarr for merging reciprocated by plenty of defenses from Wobble and Yarr players, but that lasted, what, 2 or 3 days?

Yep. And arguments about AAA. And then Lord Ayok.

No, that thread went quiet, as well as every other thread, because there were no good, active wars. The merge(s) caused these lack of wars. I have simplified cause and effect here, but to clarify, the merges caused the lack of wars which caused the disinterest in the PnP and the world as a whole.

Oversimplified. Again, the timeline doesn't match up. I'll explain why later, but you haven't proved causation...and your correlation is shaky at best. So all in all, not convinced.

Your claim that people had more to do in-game rather than less is incorrect, as one can clearly see that during the wobble/yarr war, the PnP was very much alive (which was a very active war, people were posting as they were attacking and defending and no doubt planning) in contrast to a few days later when the w65 PnP practically came to a halt. Your theories that people stopped posting because they were planning for war

It takes a lot more effort for backline players to recall all of their support, reapportion it on a different front, and discuss a new war in-game than it does for an ongoing war. Ongoing wars leave backline players sending nukes, some fakes, and maybe some long-range nobles if they're moving to the front. Maybe occasionally resupplying defense to the front. In this case, they had to move all their defense, send new fakes at new players, make a good start to the war and therefore put more effort in (rather than the Wobble players having an easier time prior to the Yarr war ending of breaking down Yarr), and doing all the regular stuff for wars. So yeah...lots more to do. I'm rather surprised that you think that being involved in a war that was getting consistently easier for Wobble is more time-consuming than preparing for a larger war when the tribe just got a lot bigger.

I suppose in some way you could say the merge "caused" the quiet, but that'd be like me saying "well Germany's invasion of Poland caused WWII", or "Wobble declaring on Yarr led to AAA vs. Wobble"...the causation isn't really there, it's just a timeline thing of how events worked out. The root cause is entirely different.

The post you quoted from the Wobble vs. Yarr thread was no ad hominem. To re-quote my post for anyone else reading, I said:

If I were to be using ad hominem, I would have to be launching a personal, unrelated insult, such as “Towel is a little shit” (as he did to me). Instead what I posted was a remark as to the frequency that Towel is wrong, affecting his reputation and therefore being a legitimate criticism of his credibility as a poster.

Hasty generalization, ad hominem, either way it was a stupid post :icon_wink:. You ignored the argument/point, and instead focused on an overgeneralized sense of his posting being "stupid", when he was in fact correct that shagohad did plenty of posting about how Yarr and Argh were not family...sure, he committed a fallacy in presenting it as "his first 10 posts", but that doesn't detract from the point he was trying to make. On the other hand, you attempted to ignore it entirely, and say that because his posts were full of shit, or that they usually are (both debatable), it was boring to prove them wrong...instead of pointing out that his overall intent in the post was correct.

AKA ignoring the point. Which you're accusing me of doing. In favor of posting for Yarr's defense, so to speak.

And seriously, bringing up some stupid banter from Skype into the PnP? That’s just weak man. A sign of desperation I usually find.

I've already brought up multiple other fallacies, I don't really care for any one in particular being wrong or right.

Your accusation of using a Red Herring would be valid had I incorporated my ‘Red Herring’ within an unrelated argument. I only simply replied to a previous post commenting on a lack of forum posts and was not arguing any other point made to do with AAA and Judges.

Fact is, the topics of forums evolve and it is acceptable to follow with it. Not every single post should and must be directly related to the original post. Or else your mod friends would have deleted your posts about the Yarr/Wobble merge in the Yarr/Wobble war thread, as of course there was another thread discussing the merge.

I have mod friends?

Yes, I'm aware topics evolve. Which is why I helped evolve the topic by discussing the fact that you criticize merges frequently but are also frequently party to them. And you disregarded that as "avoiding the point". Why is yours evolution, and mine distraction? Oh wait; it's not.

Sorry to disappoint you Or-el, but you’re now down to 0/4 on the fallacies. And no, it’s not an overgeneralisation as for it to be so, it must have lacked robust explanation as to why my reasoning includes its range of effects. Which it doesn’t.

Verb 1. overgeneralize - draw too general a conclusion; "It is dangerous to overgeneralize"

You're really telling me that assuming that a single merge killed everyone's interest in the world isn't overgeneralization? Really? Lol.

Perhaps I will give you that my points were not previously explained thoroughly enough until this post as perhaps the link between merging causing a lack of war required too much of your own thought, but I look forward to you nitpicking at the newer one some more. I can always count on you to do that.

I will give you some credit; you've managed to try to escape that your arguments are wrong and fallacious by saying things like "You're desperate" or "the timeline agrees" (even when neither are true). Good try!

No and they deserve some credit for not having already done so. :)

Shame. Maybe you can merge them in, seeing as it's been an appropriate amount of time since your last merge :icon_wink:.

Edit: You set that one up too easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108039

Whats with you two bitching about wobble, FUCK WOBBLE. or-el stop argueing with your french stalker and ec Go eat some frog legs !

DeletedUser

Oversimplified. Again, the timeline doesn't match up. I'll explain why later, but you haven't proved causation...and your correlation is shaky at best. So all in all, not convinced.

Contradiction #1:

You introduce by stating that you will explain as to why the timeline doesn't match up, in other words my correlation doesn't exist. And yet you don't explain later on why it doesn't. In fact, you offer an alternative causation as to why the post count dropped. Which is fair enough, only you accept the correlation to be correct. Here I'll quote your contradiction.

the timeline doesn't match up.
the causation isn't really there, it's just a timeline thing of how events worked out.

Moving on..

It takes a lot more effort for backline players to recall all of their support, reapportion it on a different front, and discuss a new war in-game than it does for an ongoing war. Ongoing wars leave backline players sending nukes, some fakes, and maybe some long-range nobles if they're moving to the front. Maybe occasionally resupplying defense to the front. In this case, they had to move all their defense, send new fakes at new players, make a good start to the war and therefore put more effort in (rather than the Wobble players having an easier time prior to the Yarr war ending of breaking down Yarr), and doing all the regular stuff for wars. So yeah...lots more to do. I'm rather surprised that you think that being involved in a war that was getting consistently easier for Wobble is more time-consuming than preparing for a larger war when the tribe just got a lot bigger.

So now we enter the debate as to whether it takes more time to prepare for war than to actually being in it. Considering that there are scripts you can use to cross-stack and pulling support is very easy, then I don't think that this would take anymore time than actually timing attacks and watching your support reports, refilling them and being constantly on your feet. Hell, I'm pretty sure people like Arith were posting on the PnP whilst they were sniping attacks.

I suppose in some way you could say the merge "caused" the quiet, but that'd be like me saying "well Germany's invasion of Poland caused WWII", or "Wobble declaring on Yarr led to AAA vs. Wobble"...the causation isn't really there, it's just a timeline thing of how events worked out. The root cause is entirely different.

I agree with that analogy being correct, only it's not relevant to what my point was saying. Therefore you are subject to the False Analogy fallacy.

Hasty generalization, ad hominem, either way it was a stupid post .

Neither of those I take it then.

You ignored the argument/point, and instead focused on an overgeneralized sense of his posting being "stupid", when he was in fact correct that shagohad did plenty of posting about how Yarr and Argh were not family...sure, he committed a fallacy in presenting it as "his first 10 posts", but that doesn't detract from the point he was trying to make. On the other hand, you attempted to ignore it entirely, and say that because his posts were full of shit, or that they usually are (both debatable), it was boring to prove them wrong...instead of pointing out that his overall intent in the post was correct.

Oh no, he did not commit a fallacy. His facts were wrong period. Sure Towel is funny, and everyone has a little soft spot for him but he's a troll who is incapable of formulating an argument longer than one line. And when you do push him for evidence or reasoning, he cannot produce them. My attack on him was firstly to flame him (which worked quite well) and to damage his credibility as a poster. I could look up some more occasions where he has done this, but it was by no means an overgeneralisation.

AKA ignoring the point. Which you're accusing me of doing. In favor of posting for Yarr's defense, so to speak.

The point was that Shagohad's first ten posts were related to Arg. Which they were not. And my attack on his credibility was completely relevent to his post as well as the PnP as a whole.

I've already brought up multiple other fallacies, I don't really care for any one in particular being wrong or right.

Only so far, I have all shown them to be incorrect. I'm sure you'll keep trying to find more though. Keep going, this is fun.

I have mod friends?

I was under the impression all the mods got on very well with each other and went out for a curry every Friday. What? Did they not tell you?

Awkward. :p

Yes, I'm aware topics evolve. Which is why I helped evolve the topic by discussing the fact that you criticize merges frequently but are also frequently party to them. And you disregarded that as "avoiding the point". Why is yours evolution, and mine distraction? Oh wait; it's not.

Contradiction #2
In your previous posts you quite clearly say that I commit a Red Herring fallacy by discussing something unrelated in a AAA/judges thread. And now you agree that discussing something unrelated is fine and an evolution.

Verb 1. overgeneralize - draw too general a conclusion; "It is dangerous to overgeneralize"

You're really telling me that assuming that a single merge killed everyone's interest in the world isn't overgeneralization? Really? Lol.

If I hadn't provided reasons for it no. The cold hard fact for it remains that if there are no wars, there is hard;y anything to argue about on the PnP. Unless you're Or-el of course and take pleasure in nitpicking little statements.

I will give you some credit; you've managed to try to escape that your arguments are wrong and fallacious by saying things like "You're desperate" or "the timeline agrees" (even when neither are true). Good try!

Again, following on from your first contradiction:

"the timeline agrees" (even when neither are true). Good try!
the causation isn't really there, it's just a timeline thing of how events worked out.

Shame. Maybe you can merge them in, seeing as it's been an appropriate amount of time since your last merge .

Na. You know I'm not a fashionable guy.

DeletedUser108039

[Spoil]
Contradiction #1:

You introduce by stating that you will explain as to why the timeline doesn't match up, in other words my correlation doesn't exist. And yet you don't explain later on why it doesn't. In fact, you offer an alternative causation as to why the post count dropped. Which is fair enough, only you accept the correlation to be correct. Here I'll quote your contradiction.

Moving on..

So now we enter the debate as to whether it takes more time to prepare for war than to actually being in it. Considering that there are scripts you can use to cross-stack and pulling support is very easy, then I don't think that this would take anymore time than actually timing attacks and watching your support reports, refilling them and being constantly on your feet. Hell, I'm pretty sure people like Arith were posting on the PnP whilst they were sniping attacks.

I agree with that analogy being correct, only it's not relevant to what my point was saying. Therefore you are subject to the False Analogy fallacy.

Oh no, he did not commit a fallacy. His facts were wrong period. Sure Towel is funny, and everyone has a little soft spot for him but he's a troll who is incapable of formulating an argument longer than one line. And when you do push him for evidence or reasoning, he cannot produce them. My attack on him was firstly to flame him (which worked quite well) and to damage his credibility as a poster. I could look up some more occasions where he has done this, but it was by no means an overgeneralisation.

The point was that Shagohad's first ten posts were related to Arg. Which they were not. And my attack on his credibility was completely relevent to his post as well as the PnP as a whole.

Only so far, I have all shown them to be incorrect. I'm sure you'll keep trying to find more though. Keep going, this is fun.

I was under the impression all the mods got on very well with each other and went out for a curry every Friday. What? Did they not tell you?

Contradiction #2
In your previous posts you quite clearly say that I commit a Red Herring fallacy by discussing something unrelated in a AAA/judges thread. And now you agree that discussing something unrelated is fine and an evolution.

If I hadn't provided reasons for it no. The cold hard fact for it remains that if there are no wars, there is hard;y anything to argue about on the PnP. Unless you're Or-el of course and take pleasure in nitpicking little statements.

[/spoil]

Took you that long to come up with this reply EC ... thats terrible for that amount of time!

DeletedUser

Contradiction #1:

Except we'd already agreed that the posts went on despite the end of the war...and you never specified a reason why the timeline didn't match up. I didn't think I had to rehash this, only point out the actual reasoning. I guess you must've missed it while you were slobbering over the fact that I didn't spell everything out for you in clear enough words. Here, let me try again:

1) Your timeline is wrong. Posts continued after war to discuss merge. This could've continued, and did continue, for days.
2) Your reason for it stopping is wrong. The merge discussion came to no clear conclusion and could've continued. It didn't because people were busier. The merge is not the end-all of the forums.
3) Re-read 1 and 2 a few times before telling me I didn't address something.

Moving on..

Indeed.

A) Sure, there's scripts to do things like send packet support. We've all used them, I'm sure. And as a result, life goes quicker. But think about it this way...do you have to do this with all your villages in the middle of an ongoing war? Not unless you're unfortunate enough for your troops to all die at once while supporting someone.
B) Launching a new wave as opposed to rebuilding for a second one during a war and waiting to launch...do you really not see a difference here?
C) So your point is that Arith posted once in a blue moon on the PnP, so to speak, and therefore all players could've? You do realize not all know how to use the scripts, most were busy, and so on? Are you really attempting to tell me that in the lead-up and start to a war that there is less work being done in-game than in the middle of one you're winning handily? Really? Rethink that. Seriously. It's a tad ridiculous.

Ever heard of the Fallacy fallacy? You just pulled it. Instead of arguing the point I made along with the examples, you just said "OH HE MADE A FALLACY GUSH GUSH I'M AUTO-RIGHT".

Uh, no. Hasty generalization.

So you poisoned the well, and you say it's not an ad hominem? Well, you just told me you tried to damage his credibility; if that's not an attack on his person and character, as well as poisoning the well...what is? Lol.

No, the point was that shagohad is not a credible source. Which I would say he isn't. Whether or not it was his "first ten posts" was a hyperbole; hence the fallacy. But it was by no means taken away from in that sense. You go "OH WELL HIS FIRST TEN POSTS WEREN'T SO AND SO THEREFORE TOWEL IS WRONG AND STUPID"...and then you call me nit-picky? This is great, I'm loving it.

I don't need to find more. There's plenty on you already. So far you've generalized, attacked character, poisoned the well, hastily generalized some more, avoided the points, used red herrings, and more. I don't even need to bring up more to point out that you're doing exactly what you seem to accuse Towel and myself of doing.

THEY KNEW I LOVE CURRY DAMMIT.

Contradiction #2

No, I placed you in a double bind. You attempted to discredit my argument by saying that it was not relevant. I said it was just as relevant as anything that came prior, and that you were trying to distract from my response. You said I was distracting from your response, and that yours was just "evolution". So why is yours evolution and mine not? Either mine is credible and worth responding to as another facet of the evolved thread, or yours was irrelevant too, and you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. So? Which is it?

Clearly you missed the 2-3 days following the merge. And I love that you call me nitpicky, Mr. "Oh well it had to be his first 10 posts to be worth responding to". Pure gold here.

Yes, I said "even if you don't buy that timelines don't match up, then his reasoning is still wrong". Is that a bad thing? Should I not respond to your arguments in multiple ways? Is it perhaps too much for you to handle? Don't worry, I'll try to make less responses so you can keep track next time, instead of telling me that I'm not responding at all...

Well that's a shame. There I was getting my hopes up :icon_wink:.

I'm going to say you should take this to skype/PM with me, as we're far enough off the topic that I feel bad already. I won't respond again, so if you want, go ahead but I won't answer here :).

DeletedUser

Speaking of game over, has Judges disbanded yet?

I personally dont think judges will disband until the last member remaining. The duke will not leave and I highly doubt he will disband the tribe.

DeletedUser

I personally dont think judges will disband until the last member remaining. The duke will not leave and I highly doubt he will disband the tribe.

Not leaving doesn't mean that they are active, I highly doubt that most accounts that lost 2/3rd of their points are still playing.

The irony though, the dead trash he wouldn't kick are leaving themselves, but you can't run ^^.

red.png
georgex65Left30th January 2013 - 00:0398,054

DeletedUser93681

Gosh someone posts stats.

I would say AAA cant do crap against Judges

DeletedUser

For like the 600th time, AAA have not declared war on judges, nor have Judges declared on AAA.

DeletedUser

Judges has fallen :) now i can finally leave this forums in peace.

PlayerActionDate/TimePoints
red.png
Indecisive NubsLeft11th February 2013 - 02:03317,489
red.png
TjmrdLeft10th February 2013 - 14:0344,631
red.png
PdotdonLeft10th February 2013 - 09:02247,970
red.png
tejas08Left10th February 2013 - 03:020
red.png
Nightmare716Left09th February 2013 - 04:02334,691
red.png