Abandoned Villages FAQ

lord_castellan

Too many times have I been sitting on mIRC and someone logs into it asking about abandoned villages, so, I am making this (not only because Im bored, but because Im helpful).
Can a !abandoned command be added in which leads to this thread?
Thanks

What are they?
Abandoned villages are grey villages which appear on your map. They used to belong to a player just like yourself, but for some reason he quit (either restarted, deleted their own account or went inactive for 2 or 3 weeks in certain worlds).

Can I attack abandoned villages?
Sure you can, infact they act exactly like your village. They will continue to take resources in from upgrades, finish building troops if some were not finished when the player quit and it's soldiers will defend the village. This does not however mean it will automatically rebuild troops. It will have a constant number if left alone, so once cleared it is usually quickly attacked or nobled.

Any other things?
Just remember abandoned villages appear as gray on your map, high pointed ones are often sought after by strong players so watch out when going after one.
"Barbarian Villages" are villages that have been confiscated from players by Tribal Wars Administrators or Moderators (Staff). This is because they were banned and this is their punishment. Again, these are normally well equiped and not likely to be poorly defended.
If there are any other questions then please feel free to ask them here seeing as this was only a short FAQ, I or another player who has had experience with them will try our best to answer your questions and as soon as possible.

[Edited 29th December 2007]
Taken from the Announcments forum [Hoodoo]:

Bonus villages
Bonus village are villages that are randomly placed on the map when the players join. They start at 26 points (the standard for new villages for players) and they keep growing (buildings/points). These villages can be attacked and nobled like any other village. Bonus villages have special features. They are specially marked on the map and the bonus is visible. Those bonuses include:

More resources per hour
growing troop production
more farm space

There will be less than 10% bonus villages in a world.

Barbarian villages
In the past barbarian villages were villages that had been manually removed from banned or deleted players. In the future "abandoned villages" will also be called barbarian villages. Those Barbarian villages will now also grow by themselves and (slowly) become attractive noble targets.
The villages do NOT need resources to grow, so plundering does not keep them from growing. (this might not be realistic, but if it wasn't done like that, the villages would never grow)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Ranos

Edit:

Wait a second, you have the damm definition right above you....
Which didn't clearly define that it was a village that still had large numbers of troops in it.

Abandoned = no or minimal troops
Barbarian = lots of troops

Skymage

Contributing Poster
Which didn't clearly define that it was a village that still had large numbers of troops in it.

Abandoned = no or minimal troops
Barbarian = lots of troops
This is incorrect. The number of troops within an abandon/barbarian village has nothing to do with whether it is called an abandon or barbarian village.

Abandon village = A village from someone who quit TW or restarted
Barbarian village = A village from someone who had villages taken away from him by an admin / world moderator.

kayvent

Contributing Poster
On behalf of Skymage and I, who tend to answer numerous questions on this topic, we thank you Lord_Castellan.

silversig

if you are exacly next to a village can you combine it into one

rileyere13

can i take over an abandoned village without any noblemen

donder

Question, if you attack an enemy village, can you defeat it, that it become abandoned?

I mean, example, i made village headquarters from level 2 to 1 with catapults, can you by continuing attacking defeat an enemy that he losts his villages because you've destroyed him, and his village becomes abonded.

I know you can only make villages your own by sending a noblemen.

But my question is, can you make someone losing his village by trying to destroy it, so yes, how does it work?

kayvent

Contributing Poster
Question, if you attack an enemy village, can you defeat it, that it become abandoned?

I mean, example, i made village headquarters from level 2 to 1 with catapults, can you by continuing attacking defeat an enemy that he losts his villages because you've destroyed him, and his village becomes abonded.

I know you can only make villages your own by sending a noblemen.

But my question is, can you make someone losing his village by trying to destroy it, so yes, how does it work?
You can't destroy a village, you can however make it so someone wants to quit or restart.

donder

I call answering this.
You don't understand what i mean!
If your goal is not taking a village, but make a village abandoned, can you do it?

I don't want to take a certain village in my world.
When you rest attacking with catapults, can a owner lose his village, and his village will be gray, so losing the village into abandoned by continuing attacks withcatapults, that i mean.

donder

You can't destroy a village, you can however make it so someone wants to quit or restart.
Not destroying, but attacking till it will be abandoned because the village is defeated by attacks. (examle Village headquarters = 0?),
not abandoned cause user left it or don't log in, but by attacking it.

kayvent

Contributing Poster
Not destroying, but attacking till it will be abandoned because the village is defeated by attacks. (examle Village headquarters = 0?),
not abandoned cause user left it or don't log in, but by attacking it.
You can't force a village into abandonment and you can't lower the Village HQ below level 1, I understood you perfectly well I think.

donder

You can't force a village into abandonment and you can't lower the Village HQ below level 1, I understood you perfectly well I think.
Ok thanks, so impossible to defeat a village with catapults or rams,
only way is taking it over by a nobleman and afterwars dump it.

Skymage

Contributing Poster
Ow sorry, it's no English i see,

afterwars they can delete it, that it become abandoned
Villages are never 'dumped' or deleted.

Villages can go abandon if the player does not log in for a long time (around 3 weeks for non-PA players) or if the player clicks 'start over' in the settings menu.

Villages (both player and abandon) can be conquered by using nobles (which lower the loyalty of the village by 20-35 per attack containing a noble)

Hope this clears things up.

Lord Jacobb

lord_castellan said:
What are they?
Abandoned villages are grey villages which appear on your map. They used to belong to a player just like yourself, but for some reason he/she quit by either (restarting, deleting their own account or by going inactive for [2/3] weeks).
Reason for the double quote on the 2/3 weeks part is because I believe it is 2 weeks, but it may be 3 on other worlds. Fixed up some mistakes in there, mate.