Abortion: Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice

DeletedUser

Debates are rather fun and can past a tremendous amount of time. :lol:

So please anyone and everyone participate. Don't just pick one--stand by it and explain why.

The choices and a explanation of what they mean:

The Pro-Life Issue Spectrum
[SPOIL]To say that someone is "pro-life" is to say that the person believes that the government has an obligation to preserve all human life, regardless of intent, viability, or quality-of-life concerns.Disclaimer taken by ask.com[/SPOIL]

The Pro-Choice Issue Spectrum
[SPOIL]To be "pro-choice" is to believe that individuals have unlimited autonomy with respect to their own reproductive systems as long as they do not breach the autonomy of others.[/SPOIL]

I believe in Pro-Choice. Someone should always have the choice to abort something they put in their body. They do have dates in which they have to do it in.

DeletedUser

Pro-Choice is a very good thing. Has prevented a lot of mistakes :icon_wink: No but seriously I believe in Pro-choice. Plan B/Abortions are good in my book as some people that cant handle choices on there own like younger kids they should have a chance to get it out of them.

Im pro-life but only to a certain degree. I think the government should be allowed to step in on certain situations. I remember readying some lady had like 7+ kids and kept wanting more even though she was already taking in a lot of money for welfare as well as not taking care of most of her kids. So I think theres those rare issues where I think the government should stop giving money to someone that clearly cant take care of kids.

DeletedUser

I believe it is up to you whether you want to have the baby or not. Pro-Choice.

DeletedUser82027

It depends on the circumstances. Its like Euthanasia! It all depends - If the woman was raped and the baby is a rapists son, then obviously you wouldnt want it.

DeletedUser

Pro-Choice, if a woman does not want a baby for whatever reason, then she should have the right to abort the "child" without being judged by others for her decision.

DeletedUser

I am pro-choice, but for the sake of debate, I can argue pro-life

DeletedUser94707

The way it is said makes a big difference. "Pro Choice" I would like to see it labeled "Pro-Death" see how many people would go for that.

Think about what those babies could grow up to be. They could have discovered the cure to cancer for all we know.

It depends on the circumstances. Its like Euthanasia! It all depends - If the woman was raped and the baby is a rapists son, then obviously you wouldnt want it.

This is the only thing i think should be allowed.

I believe it is up to you whether you want to have the baby or not. Pro-Choice.

If you didn't want a baby stay on birth control and use a condom.

Pro-Choice, if a woman does not want a baby for whatever reason, then she should have the right to abort the "child" without being judged by others for her decision.

She shouldn't have had the baby in the first place

DeletedUser

The way it is said makes a big difference. "Pro Choice" I would like to see it labeled "Pro-Death" see how many people would go for that.
Death is a human dying. A fetus isn't exactly living--at the time most abortions occur. They have to be supported by the bearer.
Condoms break al lthe time and Birth Control doesn't work all the time either.
Sex is human nature. There are people who take birth control and use condoms but still get pregnant.

DeletedUser

"Pro Choice" I would like to see it labeled "Pro-Death" see how many people would go for that.

I assume your going with the "Abortion is murder" argument. Abortion is not murder, simple as that.

Think about what those babies could grow up to be. They could have discovered the cure to cancer for all we know.
They could also grow up in a broken home, unloved, uneducated, mentally traumatized and killed. I would rather a fetus being aborted, than a child going through that.

Women should have full control over their body's at all times, saying a woman can only have an abortion because of a rape incident is taking away their rights, which is a very ugly road to go down.

Pregnancy can occur even with contraceptive use. Very few women who have abortions, do not use any form of birth control, and that is due to stupidity and carelessness.

DeletedUser

Or be the next Hitler. We can't rely on "what if's". And that label is nonsense as abortion is not murder.

I always find it interesting that the conservative nutjobs are so anti-government, yet want to be the first to tell another human being how to live their life. I suppose they want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Yes, in your la-la land it all sounds so simple but unfortunately for you the real world isn't that rosy. After all, not everyone can have attained the great wisdom and secret you seem to have. Just take a look at the pope.

DeletedUser95739

....seriously? This argument will never die, it’s like colliding an unstoppable force with an immovable object.

DeletedUser

actually, that result is easy to [predict saga, the unstoppable force would simply deflect off in a different direction, just because it is unstoppable doesn't mean it can't be redirected.

this debate on the other hand will only end when the human race vanishes.

DeletedUser84906

We need more Pro-life xD

Im Pro-Life, but i dont feel like arguing here..

Mainly because i dont have the time, secondly, because of this non-sense posts:

[spoil]
I assume your going with the "Abortion is murder" argument. Abortion is not murder, simple as that.
[/spoil]

A baby is a human being since conception. If you dont understand that, a debate is pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

actually, that result is easy to [predict saga, the unstoppable force would simply deflect off in a different direction, just because it is unstoppable doesn't mean it can't be redirected.

this debate on the other hand will only end when the human race vanishes.
Like I said it will take up time ^^

DeletedUser

A baby is a human being since conception. If you dont understand that, a debate is pointless.

:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

You are probably one of those people who argues against embryonic stem cell research because embryos have the "potential" for life.

DeletedUser

I have a video that could turn any "pro-choice" activist to pro-life. Unfortunately, posting it here would result in a permaban from all worlds. Most pro-choice people are just dealing with the concepts, when you see how the procedure is done in the video, you kinda change your opinion. I want to describe it but ill get an infraction.

I was hardcore pro-choice before I saw that...

DeletedUser

Im Pro-Life, but i dont feel like arguing here..

Mainly because i dont have the time, secondly, because of this non-sense posts:

Now then, onto your mediocre point. A baby is a human being without a doubt, however we are not discussing the abortion of a baby, we are discussing the abortion of a fetus. By definition, a human being is a separate individual, a fetus is NOT an individual. Not only does it need the female body to grow and survive, it resides inside her body, this is the key difference between a fetus and a human being. Just because a fetus lives inside a female body and has the potential to be a human being, does not give it the status of human being. Its like saying,

"Well umm duhh, a seed can be a flower, so that must mean its a flower lollololol"

Abortion is not murder, simple as that.

Fanged Nightmare said:
I have a video that could turn any "pro-choice" activist to pro-life.

No you don't, what you have is a "video" that turned YOU to pro-life. This can mean many things, probably means your opinion is easily changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

letrotsa

Pro Life-

If you don't want a baby, don't have sex or at least use protection. That simple. I think the idea of an unborn baby not considered, an actual human being is stupid. By choosing abortion your killing another human life, and one of the sadder parts is that this unborn baby doesn't even get a chance to fend for themselves. At the very least you could give up the baby for adoption. You never know when the next unborn child will be the next Einstein, Micheal Jordan or Da Vinci.

DeletedUser53503

The fundamental issue in this debate is not whether or not choosing to have an abortion, simply a verb, is bad, but rather or not the verb is indeed murder. In this world people hate to do wrong, and as a result, anything that can be viewed as wrong is often so twisted and warped that it actually looks "good" or at minimum "OK." For people who have taken any basic high school biology course you may recall that the definition of life requires 3 things:

1) The specimen must be able to adapt to its environment to grow and survive.
An embryo/fetus/concepted whatever is constantly adapting, growing in its environment.

2) The specimen must be able to reproduce on its own.
While obviously the fetus is not about to have sex and make another fetus, it is reproducing on a cellular level. If you debate this as fact, consider steers or any neutered animals. Those animals are considered alive because while they can not make a new animal with the right partner, there cells are reproducing.

3) The specimen must be able to get food.
The fetus is given food which it takes and distributes in order to grow.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Obviously I am considered to be "pro-life", and I will defend my position from a stance of morales, ethos (God), and as you have seen basic scientific definitions. I also post here as a child who was close to being aborted. If you would like a testimony of a child who was, enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPF1FhCMPuQ

^-- Good video for people on both sides to watch.