About this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
This Graphics section will be here for any threads regarding graphics, both ingame and in forums. Enjoy!

DeletedUser

About Signatures

I am Repeatedly amazed by how often the rules regarding sig height and content is broken, and so in another attempt to get you all to read the rules (and follow them!), I'm going to quote for you the section dealing with sigs and avatars. It's really quite simple, it's laid out as clearly as possible without limiting what you can put in sigs, and yet, we have more sig rule violations in a day than we have of any other rule...

Forum Rules said:
Signatures and Avatars

Avatars may not exceed 80x80 Pixels. Animated images and links with referrer-IDs are not allowed.

Signatures

The signature may not exceed 700px in width or 80px in height. This is the maximum size limit for the entire sig, not for individual components. Two pictures of 80px in height one above the other = 160px, and is thus illegal. Any combination of items that exceeds a total of 700px by 80px is illegal and will be punished.

Below is a list of the height values in pixels we have assigned the different items your signature may contain:
A line of normal-sized text (size 2) = 15px
A line of small text (size 1) = 10px
A blank line = 15px
A bb-code quote (1 line) = 65px
A bb-code quote (2 or 3 lines) = 80px
Spoiler = 65px
A picture = whatever height it has (viewable by right-clicking it and selecting properties)
Forum-native emotes = 15 px

Please Note:
Items not listed above are not allowed to be used in your signature.
Animated pictures of any kind are prohibited; note that this includes the animated emoticons provided by the forum. Quote generators is illegal.
The rules regarding the Content of posts (see above) also apply to the content of signatures, though we are stricter on images containing sexual references or connotations in signatures.
Signatures inside Spoiler Tags may not exceed 700px in width, nor 300px in height.
Everything within a spoiler must be within the rules (posting rules and signature rules), except it's allowed to have it higher than 80 px.

The full set of rules, should you have managed to miss the fact that they are linked to at the top of almost every subforum ON the forum, can be found Here. Please atempt to follow them, they exist for a reason.

Should you have any questions about any rules on the forum, feel free to PM me, or to use this shiny new forum we set up recently Here Specifically for the purpose of answering questions on moderation.

You may be seeing more of these posts around the place as I get around to it, but for now:

Sigs: Make 'em Compliant!

~Petn

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Recent findings on this forum

I have been approached recently about several things that seemed to breaking the rules for some of you posters on this forum. Of which I will clarify a couple of things from. Because the rules you seem to be following, aren't the actual rules written as they are here. And I mean that not in the way that you're breaking them, I mean that in the way that some you think someone else is breaking them.

Point 1, I have never and most likely we will never, ban/infract/warn anyone for posting signatures that aren't his, wether he's claiming they are or not, wether he/she admits to having stolen them or not. If you think it's something that you just shouldn't do, then don't post in the topic and STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS. I mean seriously, do I really have to come in here and make a topic like this? What's next, I have to go warn and infract you for thinking that someone else is breaking the rules? You're acting like a couple of kids that are lying on the floor screaming and kicking.

Point 2, posting 'copyrighted' guides? So they're made by someone else, does that mean they're automatically useless if he posts them here? To me it sounds a lot easier then having to google it yourself. Sure, morality would perhaps be to include the links, but what is that going to change? That you don't have to press the spoiler links? And even if he claimed they were his own, what are we going to do about it? Ban a person for claiming that something was his while someone else made it? The author can pick a fight with him, not me.

Point 3, evidently my last point. If you are not going to post constructively rather then posting "He stole that" or "that's copyrighted" then it will be you that gets the punishment* , because it is not breaking the rules of this forum nor is it in the best interest of this forum. Be glad there is a change of the usual "I need sig plz".

Point 4, I know, cliche aren't I... You can discuss any of these points with me personally. That means via the messaging system of the forum, NOT via a thread.

Have a nice day,
Timo

*(unless it's actually copyrighted and you are the owner of the rights)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.