Closed Discussion Account pushing and coplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Something drastic like that would need to happen hey to fix the problem as we see it.

@SergeantCrunsh
Not a huge fan of that idea in general but I agree with your premise, something major to fix and or change it. Could trial it immediately and release it on 113 assuming it’s easily editable on the server side of things.

Is that what casual and speed rounds are for though? Something different and you guys just want the same old on these worlds released every 40-60-75days ish?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I kinda wouldnt really mind an explicit ban on coplaying as a trial in a world coming up soon. With flexible nightbonus enabled of course. While im sceptical that it would be a good idea or not overall for the playerbase at the very least it should potentially free up the mods from getting involved in the murky world of "he said she said" regarding account ownership and logging in and password etc. Then they should in theory have additional time to sort out real problems and the cheating that goes under the radar because no resources to detect it

DeletedUser123825

I don't play on .net server but i'm here because account pushing is a huge problem also in it worlds (you may had a taste of italian accoutn pushing when allert played the last classic round). I "crossposted" the discussion also in the italian board to try to get more attention and to get more feedback from the community and to get some nice input also by not-english speakers.

My personal thougth is that the main issue is the "Invite a friend" function. I think the best way to figth account pushing would be to remove the invite a friend function and also remove the option to choose your starting place.
- Pros: way harder to have make pushing account near you.
- Cons: impossible to create a pre-start tribe to play whith friends

I think that also the cons maybe be a good thing for the game. Today (expecially in small servers like .it) everyone knows everyone and in every new world there are few "powerhouse" tribes that starts and just roll over the newbies/small tribes. Avoiding this may help new player and create a better envrioment for player development.

TW.PLAYER

Reaction score
Ban co play as it kills new people joining this game. New players are here to play and learn while they build there village . They build it and the next thing a co played account comes and takes it off them. New players open the door and leave Why do the co played accounts not set a sitter ?

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I like the idea of getting rid of the "invite a friend" option as this is the feature that is most abusable in start-up to set up push accounts around you. (Not you using that feature, but getting a tribunate or friend to invite a lot of people around you is a general strategy for start-up pushing. I don't like the idea of disabling the chose your direction feature though. Playing with friends and in their tribes is basically the only reason that I'm still around playing worlds, and if I was no longer able to do so via not choosing my starting direction then I would probably stop playing, and I'm sure a decent amount of others would feel the same. Like it or not, those "premade" tribes are what keep a lot of the experienced community around, and are also the best opportunity for new players to learn the game from experienced ones.
The idea of banning co-playing seems stupid tbh and just another way for TW to continue killing off its community as it tries to help newer players without addressing the real issues and instead implementing new "features" that while might have been designed for the new player, ends up just being abusable by the experienced player. Making the experienced player even more "un-rimmable" to the newer/less experienced players than before. Making it so that even more so it just the same couple "teams" of players making the endgames and winning worlds. Trying to "level" the playing field with new features is never going to work, until you drive out all the experienced players with them perhaps. As the main "skill" gap in TW is either a knowledge gap or a "connections" gap, neither of which is bridged by new in game features that have been recently rolled out. The main skill gap here is the lack of knowledge of general in game tactics, such as sniping, cancel sniping, back times, anti-snipes, etc. But it is also that vast amount of scripts that experienced players have either made or collected and used over time that they have at their disposal compared to new players who likely don't even know that most of these scripts exist. The connections gap is simple. Its the difference between someone who is staring a world normally vs the experienced players staring in "premade" tribes full of people who are equally experienced and skilled in the game. Its also the gap between how experienced players have lots of people they can ask to "co" their account, or account sit them when going offline, that newer players don't have because they are new to the game. Both of these "gaps" are only really closed by creating a mixing of experienced players and new players, so that they can be shown and taught by experienced players and welcomed into experienced players tribes/circles and start creating their own tw network.
The example given above of a new player building up his village only to get it taken from him by a co-played account isn't the issue. The game is tribal wars, you're meant to be nobling villages from other people. The problem in that example is that the new player is going to join his next world, without any new tools available to him, and have that same process happen to him all over again. If the new player isn't given the chance to learn in game mechanics, new scripts, and meet experienced players. Then they will be doomed to keep getting their villages taken from them as the game is designed until they grow tired of it and quit.
Co-playing is both a method for new players to meet and interact with experienced players, and learn the mechanics of the game. And not just start-up mechanics, but mid and perhaps end game mechanics as well. It also gives new players a much better chance of being allowed in "premade" tribes with experienced players so that they can grow their tw connections, and perhaps be the player looking for cos next world if they would prefer being the main account player. (A lot of people do prefer just being cos and having less responsibility). It also provides a way for experienced players to further play with and interact with friends that keep them still in the community and lessens the inevitable burden that comes with playing a 24/7 online game.

TW.PLAYER

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting rid of the "invite a friend" option as this is the feature that is most abusable in start-up to set up push accounts around you. (Not you using that feature, but getting a tribunate or friend to invite a lot of people around you is a general strategy for start-up pushing. I don't like the idea of disabling the chose your direction feature though. Playing with friends and in their tribes is basically the only reason that I'm still around playing worlds, and if I was no longer able to do so via not choosing my starting direction then I would probably stop playing, and I'm sure a decent amount of others would feel the same. Like it or not, those "premade" tribes are what keep a lot of the experienced community around, and are also the best opportunity for new players to learn the game from experienced ones.
The idea of banning co-playing seems stupid tbh and just another way for TW to continue killing off its community as it tries to help newer players without addressing the real issues and instead implementing new "features" that while might have been designed for the new player, ends up just being abusable by the experienced player. Making the experienced player even more "un-rimmable" to the newer/less experienced players than before. Making it so that even more so it just the same couple "teams" of players making the endgames and winning worlds. Trying to "level" the playing field with new features is never going to work, until you drive out all the experienced players with them perhaps. As the main "skill" gap in TW is either a knowledge gap or a "connections" gap, neither of which is bridged by new in game features that have been recently rolled out. The main skill gap here is the lack of knowledge of general in game tactics, such as sniping, cancel sniping, back times, anti-snipes, etc. But it is also that vast amount of scripts that experienced players have either made or collected and used over time that they have at their disposal compared to new players who likely don't even know that most of these scripts exist. The connections gap is simple. Its the difference between someone who is staring a world normally vs the experienced players staring in "premade" tribes full of people who are equally experienced and skilled in the game. Its also the gap between how experienced players have lots of people they can ask to "co" their account, or account sit them when going offline, that newer players don't have because they are new to the game. Both of these "gaps" are only really closed by creating a mixing of experienced players and new players, so that they can be shown and taught by experienced players and welcomed into experienced players tribes/circles and start creating their own tw network.
The example given above of a new player building up his village only to get it taken from him by a co-played account isn't the issue. The game is tribal wars, you're meant to be nobling villages from other people. The problem in that example is that the new player is going to join his next world, without any new tools available to him, and have that same process happen to him all over again. If the new player isn't given the chance to learn in game mechanics, new scripts, and meet experienced players. Then they will be doomed to keep getting their villages taken from them as the game is designed until they grow tired of it and quit.
Co-playing is both a method for new players to meet and interact with experienced players, and learn the mechanics of the game. And not just start-up mechanics, but mid and perhaps end game mechanics as well. It also gives new players a much better chance of being allowed in "premade" tribes with experienced players so that they can grow their tw connections, and perhaps be the player looking for cos next world if they would prefer being the main account player. (A lot of people do prefer just being cos and having less responsibility). It also provides a way for experienced players to further play with and interact with friends that keep them still in the community and lessens the inevitable burden that comes with playing a 24/7 online game.
Bold I do not agree with. I would not have a co player who did not know how to snipe/cancel snipe etc and I do not think other seasoned players would either. All seasoned players stick together based on trust , co play or by sitting. Ban co play and help the new players to this game. Imo

FoE2022

Reaction score
Most seasoned player would not take on inexperienced co-player; or if they would, the new player, most likely, would get scolded and verbally abused for any error he/she made. I believe one way to get new players involved and get some experience is to have a world without co-players. I believe you would fine some past players willing to guide them through to get their "feet wet". This is not possible in worlds where you have 3-6 players on an account.
Those that "need" co-players in order to win do not need to play such world(s).

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
We need to find a way to stop co playing. Stop people having multiple villages using connection sharing. Yet still allow it to be used for those that have an actual other person playing not running it themselves. Ie my partners would show as our home IP so the same, then her phone using the android app IP. She would have way different login times to me and we would declare it.

Could you create and monitor one world where you could admin every account and check the IPs to make sure it’s say phone IP as well as home IP and maybe a work IP so 3 in total during the same hours. If it’s anything different or others get added in said players account then without a reasonable explanation ( I used my friends phone and won’t again ) then they’re being co played and cops a ban from the world. Is that do able? Also using the night mode feature as @Mintyfresh mentioned.

Would be a lot of work on the server side of things. But yeah.

Otherwise it’s like was discussed something drastic would have to happen in order to stop co playing or cheat connection sharing if you wanted it banned. An almost impossible task for the server side of things. Especially with say 6 worlds running at once or more, you’d need some kind of program server side.

One hard problem to fix and or find a reasonable solution.

SergeantCrunsh

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Bold I do not agree with. I would not have a co player who did not know how to snipe/cancel snipe etc and I do not think other seasoned players would either. All seasoned players stick together based on trust , co play or by sitting. Ban co play and help the new players to this game. Imo

If you wouldn't be willing to help teach new players a part of the game why are you crying about a new player experience beign affected by coplaying? People like you are more of an issue being elitists. Some of my best cos I have had started as total noobs, and many (including myself) probably learned the game from a similar manner when we "got good".

You don't sound cool or elite, you sound like a jerk. The concepts aren't difficult to teach if the player is willing to learn.

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am against account pushing, but the premium exchange should be disabled too, bcs it's a sort of account pushing with money.

But your talk about ban co-play, let's see who will play this game if it's happen

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
why do players imply they will quit if they cant have a co-player??

if co-players are removed - no one will have one... so no one gets an advantage or disadvantage time wise,
worlds would actually be larger, the challenge to win will increase (slightly) and there will be less merge to win scenarios (so more wars)

the eventual night bonus will also fill that time gap giving players extra defense during a certain period of time
besides that we have always had the account sitting feature - which in my opinion co-playing is basically trying to replace to get around the whole 24hr block and to push accounts with ready made villages and faster growth/expansion

and ill ask a simple question
how many accounts actually start a world co-played??

because to me personally every merger to co-play after world start is account pushing

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Account sitting won't work when you do a big tribe OP.
If I give my account on sitt to send some attacks while I am sleeping, the other Account cant send their attacks or fakes(fakes are the most important thing in a tribe OP) next 24h.
Myb the world will be larger, but when I play a world I play it with some premade tribe with atleast 60-70 other players which is okay on the tribe member Limit of 30 some worlds have the Limit on 20.
Don't do nothing, it's good how it is now.. The guys who are complaining about Co-players are those who join the world and gave up after a month

DeletedUser123825

The connections gap is simple. Its the difference between someone who is staring a world normally vs the experienced players staring in "premade" tribes full of people who are equally experienced and skilled in the game. Its also the gap between how experienced players have lots of people they can ask to "co" their account, or account sit them when going offline, that newer players don't have because they are new to the game. Both of these "gaps" are only really closed by creating a mixing of experienced players and new players, so that they can be shown and taught by experienced players and welcomed into experienced players tribes/circles and start creating their own tw network.

I agree whith you but i just want to highlight that if you won't have premade tribe you will also reduce (and be really close to eliminate) the "connections gap" because every tribe will have to pick and manage it's fair quote of "noobs". Yes, maybe you couldn't play whith your friends, but also playing against them may be a really funny experience :)

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Lol to people saying they wouldn't take inexperienced people as cos, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. As for me, I started out not knowing a lot of that stuff, and it was taking on an experienced co, and playing with an experienced tribe that taught me those things and have kept me in the game so far. Why would I likely quit if co-playing was banned. Because I cba to be online 24/7 or begging for sits when I sleep. Its why I have a co player in the first place. A night bonus isn't going to mean you can't be online for those 8 hours every night. People can and will still spam trains and nukes at any unstacked villages, especially if they believe you are offline. And the night bonus will only tell people when you are most likely to be offline and an easy target. At currently you can only sit 3 accounts at a time. Without cos you will over work NA/Aus players who are having to sit every EU account in the tribe. Sounds fun. Also LOL to people who really believe accounts have more then 3 people on them most times. In all my worlds I've never know a single account that had more then 3 people on it and all of them stay active. In fact its accounts with more than 3 cos that end up being inactive and a revolving door of players who are never super active or dedicated to the account until the number of people on it is lowered. The purpose of co-playing is to be 24/7 account on your account, or as close as you can be. Its not to push. Pushing just happens to be a side effect, that as pointed out could be countered by removing the invite friends option, or further limiting it for how many invites and account gets.

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree whith you but i just want to highlight that if you won't have premade tribe you will also reduce (and be really close to eliminate) the "connections gap" because every tribe will have to pick and manage it's fair quote of "noobs". Yes, maybe you couldn't play whith your friends, but also playing against them may be a really funny experience :)

Thats true, I just made this bunch of buddy’s and am keen to play as a team but yeah I think that’s going to be the only way it can move forward, I guess if you’re all around the same direction-ish you could still chat / make tribes / join tribes and get them to ally and after 50-60 days all be nobling around and closer together. Would be definitely be a crazy type of world or be manipulated differently so you don’t attack each other and end up betraying your tribes to create the one you wanted originally lol! Then everyone would be a bad guy hehhh

DeletedUser124156

I think it's actually relatively common to have a newer or inexperienced player as a co-player, particularly in the overnight farming/tagging role or as the third player on the account. It's how a lot of us get started.

For me personally, I was like a lot of new players struggling out of the gate my first few worlds. I ended up speaking with a larger player one day as he attacked me and I was given the opportunity to join his tribe as an overnight co for his buddy. I was basically just a tagging bot, but once there I got an education in TW beyond any guide you could ever read and now I'm still playing and enjoying the game years later.

Who knows what would have happened if he had just nobled me out and it became another lost world...

I'm not sure exactly how to deal with the issue of multiple push accounts - that's for greater minds than mine - but certainly a blanket ban on co-playing would not be good for the game. New players need the chance to learn, and co-playing an experienced account is a great way to do it.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As someone who won a world without co playing. I kind of dont mind the idea of co playing.

I think as a company you have left it too late to do anything that will stop the decline in this game to be honest.

In my view it boils down to ways that you are looking at gaining even more money from the player base while you still can. If a player co's or not is just a side argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.