Closed Discussion Account pushing and coplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
We didn't plan on merging or even knew each other as alushu said, bambamsam. First I've talked to alushu was when he capped a tribesmates vill, and I *attacked* him. After a few weeks we decided to merge afterwards which has been delayed a few times since due to wars breaking out. I never logged on his acc and I just don't see what advantage it gives him. It's not a premade, at the end of the day he could've nobled the barbs I did with the same amount of nobles. Only difference was that i could play when he was on too, but who cares? It makes no difference at all at the end of the day since nothing was planned and if anything our positioning was far from ideal.
I don't know what you have actually done, only what I heard was being planned, so don't take it as an accusation.

But, if you are able to play the world on your account, noble barbs, bash people, defend, etc. And then you can just hop onto someone else's account.. It's the same as if I was playing 2 accounts myself.

Why is it against the rules for me to have more than one account but it's not against the rules for you and alushu to play both separate accounts and then merge

If the TW team lets me play 10 accounts on the next new world I will own an entire K :)

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why is it against the rules for me to have more than one account but it's not against the rules for you and alushu to play both separate accounts and then merge

You are talking about two very different situations with extremely different impacts on the game:

A) 1 individual having direct control of multiple accounts without any restrictions. A huge advantage which has no risks if that were ever to be allowed within the ingame rules (and which I hope would never be the case).

B) 2 players using a strategy for their own growth and relying on trust for their eventual 'merge' to be successful and work. Sometimes, it won't work out. Which is a risk anybody coplaying takes, as coplaying isn't supported by the TribalWars team. If one person on the account breaks the rules, the consequences are for that account. That's a huge risk and gamble that option A simply doesn't have.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If you ban co playing in this game it would die plain and simple people have a real life too people have jobs, this game requires 24 hours activity because its filled with people from different time zones.

i agree pushing etc is a problem but co playing is one of the best things about playing this game meeting you co players you get on with.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
Sad to see that the staff and the beneficiaries of account pushing are the only people that really disagree..
If you ban co playing in this game it would die plain and simple people have a real life too people have jobs, this game requires 24 hours activity because its filled with people from different time zones.

i agree pushing etc is a problem but co playing is one of the best things about playing this game meeting you co players you get on with.
I have said previously in this thread that I don't think coplay for activity is a problem. Only thing is, I think coplayers should get together before a world starts and decide what account they will be playing on. It should all occur before any of the coplayers make impacts on the world
You are talking about two very different situations with extremely different impacts on the game:

A) 1 individual having direct control of multiple accounts without any restrictions. A huge advantage which has no risks if that were ever to be allowed within the ingame rules (and which I hope would never be the case).

B) 2 players using a strategy for their own growth and relying on trust for their eventual 'merge' to be successful and work. Sometimes, it won't work out. Which is a risk anybody coplaying takes, as coplaying isn't supported by the TribalWars team. If one person on the account breaks the rules, the consequences are for that account. That's a huge risk and gamble that option A simply doesn't have.
The impact on the game of multiple players using accounts to effect the game world before merging is much larger than the impact one person could have with multiple accounts. Of course this has always been the core component of tribal wars. If your tribe is more active and larger, you will win. I'm totally fine with those people collaborating to effect the game world on their own accounts, that is literally the point of the game.
But the reason that having more accounts for a single person is bullshit is the same reason that having multiple people lock down a 15x15 and then play on whichever account is largest is bullshit.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@bambamsam1997

I'm not supportive of push accounts (so please don't infer that from my post as that is not the case). My response to you was only an explanation about why multi accounting is different and why it isn't okay :)

Lord Batan

blocked
Reaction score
Hello,

I read the supporters of co-play and I know exactly that they are loading and playing on the emotions of the game's creators, saying that the game will die if the admins disable co-play.

The game will not die if you disable co-play! 90% of the players in this game are solo players.

Co-play is an unfair way and too much of an advantage for a particular account! One account should have one player, one IP and that’s it, period!
If we look at the statistics of the tribes that have conquered the world, most of these are co-playing accounts and this is by no means fair to us solo players who don’t want to have anyone on their account nor do we want to play foreign accounts!

Co-play accounts allow you to farm 24 hours a day, allow you to tag attacks, defend yourself, and so on. Accounts that have more than one player have a total advantage! The game would be a thousand more interesting and attractive to new players if everyone had the same opportunities and each account would depend only on one person, the owner of the account!

I suggest you make at least one world where multiple people are disabled to play in one accunt and you will see positive reactions! However, those who blindly lie that the game will die because of this are the ones who benefit the most from having more people in one account, as they are not able to play their own account!

In my 8-year playing history, as a solo player, I managed to beat accounts where 4 people played at once. Imagine how solo players like me would come to the fore, when each player could only play his own account without the help of two, three, or even eight others. Totally unfair and totally unbalanced!

FBtheC

Reaction score
Hello,

I read the supporters of co-play and I know exactly that they are loading and playing on the emotions of the game's creators, saying that the game will die if the admins disable co-play.

The game will not die if you disable co-play! 90% of the players in this game are solo players.

Co-play is an unfair way and too much of an advantage for a particular account! One account should have one player, one IP and that’s it, period!
If we look at the statistics of the tribes that have conquered the world, most of these are co-playing accounts and this is by no means fair to us solo players who don’t want to have anyone on their account nor do we want to play foreign accounts!

Co-play accounts allow you to farm 24 hours a day, allow you to tag attacks, defend yourself, and so on. Accounts that have more than one player have a total advantage! The game would be a thousand more interesting and attractive to new players if everyone had the same opportunities and each account would depend only on one person, the owner of the account!

I suggest you make at least one world where multiple people are disabled to play in one accunt and you will see positive reactions! However, those who blindly lie that the game will die because of this are the ones who benefit the most from having more people in one account, as they are not able to play their own account!

In my 8-year playing history, as a solo player, I managed to beat accounts where 4 people played at once. Imagine how solo players like me would come to the fore, when each player could only play his own account without the help of two, three, or even eight others. Totally unfair and totally unbalanced!

I do agree with Batan on this - when I first started playing tw co-playing wasn't a thing, or at least I never came across anyone who was doing it, and I do think the game was better for that.
A world only open to solo accounts would be quite popular, I think

PRADA

Reaction score
hi guys!
looking forward to meeting you in-game on the next classic tournament to come!

Hello,

yeah, well.. i'm not defending coplay per se, but let me tell you this: when i play solo on my account, i might do it on three different ips: my home pc, my phone (while i'm in the subway or such) and then my office pc. should i get banned? i don't think so.

also imagine people who live together and play the same account on same ip: i leave for work, my s/o or roommate takes on the farming for the day, and tag attacks if that shall happen. should that be considered illegal too? i mean, for sure it would be unfair, based on your premise.

therefore I personally think it's cool to have the possibility to coplay, as long as it's from the beginning of the world, on a single account.
Admins should easily spot illegal coplays. I mean, the current rules says that you can login onto another account of the same world as long as you delete account and wait 24h. well, that's too easy, we all agree.
example:
- players w, x, y & z start a world together,
- w wants to coplay with x, and y with z.
- w conquers z, and x conquers y
- w shares password to x as promised
- y gives his password to z as planned

Neither of them appear as "illegal", I mean, by the rules, neither should get banned, because they are not giving passwords to users that they conquered. Easy.

My humble idea? Let's make it so that if you want to coplay, share your account with people that have not been playing on the current world.
Play with whoever you want as long as there's no evidence that their IP was playing this current world beforehand.
Easy check for admins: they should ban any user that has login from an ip that already played on the current world (on a different account).
We shouldn't care who conquered the village of who, so for my above example, both accounts should be banned after merging. bye bye w, y, x and z.

Last edited:

Lord Batan

blocked
Reaction score
No co playing. You can have one IP for your comp and one for your smart fone that s it. Any co-playing is too much of an advantage for that account and not fair play at all.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
I am appreciative of your post, Carlos. To Batan, your argument is one that is true, but I think that coplaying for 24/7 activity is something that can be adapted to, as long as that is the only advantage those accounts get from the process.

The type of restriction Carlos is talking about is the same one I want to put on account sharing activities. Coplayers should start the world on the account they intend on playing in the end game, they should not be allowed to influence the early game and then merge into the main account.
My humble idea? Let's make it so that if you want to coplay, share your account with people that have not been playing on the current world.
Play with whoever you want as long as there's no evidence that their IP was playing this current world beforehand.
This, basically echoes the posts that I've made here in the past weeks. Well said!
when i play solo on my account, i might do it on three different ips: my home pc, my phone (while i'm in the subway or such) and then my office pc. should i get banned? i don't think so.
I agree, it is only a problem when one IP has touched more than one account.

Last edited:

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello,

Lol i've played this game since world 4 and i remember there being co playing for more time than there hasn't been coplaying since this game has been around hell alot more time.

You really think this game wont loose most of its better players and user base? your clearly blind and dumb if you don't.

this game is yeeeears old most people still playing it started it when they where kids or a teenager, they now have a job kids have grown up and cannot commit 24 hours. Hell its a game no game should force you to commit 24 hours of your life to play it.

Co playing is also the account owners choice, and technically how can they ban co playing its not innos choice to allow only 1 person to log in to an account. i technically can give friends my password to different gaming programs such a steam/origin just like in tribalwars and have to allow them to play games.

its also your choice not to get a co player, so because a minority don't use co players just ban them is what your saying right?? it 100% shouldn't be banned.

The fact that you think co playing is unbalanced and havent ever had a co player just makes me think your stubborn and pretty dumb tbh, and if you can commit 24 hours to this game wake up during the night if you get attacks and defend while working and having a real life outside of this game, if not you clearly need to learn more about life brah theres so much more to the world than tribalwars.

Edit*

And i 100% know i could play solo when i was younger and had no job no life and nothing else to do, and do just aswell as having a co player. Ive done it countless times in the past, but then you have to no life the game which leads to having issues and stuggles in your real life jobs, your doing family life etc. having lack of sleep so you don't get rimmed on a game, thats exactly that "A GAME". no game should feel like a job more than a job. thats why it would loose most of its players, and if your too blind to see that. Theres just no helping you.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No co playing. You can have one IP for your comp and one for your smart fone that s it. Any co-playing is too much of an advantage for that account and not fair play at all.

I just want to clarify that this isn't how IP addresses work.

Especially if you are using your phone, your IP will change regularly depending on location. By restricting IP addresses in the manner you are suggesting, you are limiting people from playing from more than 1 location. In other words, you'd have to choose between work or home, but you could never log in elsewhere. And you could never use a 4G connection because again - due to different locations - your IP would change.

Even at your home, some people from different parts of the world won't have a 'static' IP address. Which means from this suggestion that they could only play an account for a couple of days.

Hopefully that explanation on IP addresses makes sense? I've really simplified that but think it's really important the basic concept is understood as suggestions relating to IPs are far more complicated than you might think :)

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
this is to everyone:

1) what are your reasons for getting a co-player?
2) how long do your co-players actually co-play for??
3) how soon do you start looking for a co-player??
4) how many of your mergers have ended with a full-time co-player for the duration of the world??
5) would you have any issues with having the amount of co-players limited?? if so how many?
6) would you have any issue with co-playing being set up similar to account sitting?? (where they log in through their own account first)

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
this is to everyone:

I play with coplayers because I enjoy the social aspects of the game and it's a closer relationship with a coplayer than a tribemate. I play with coplayers because my online times are not consistent and are often inconvenient when opped, or when launching ops. I play with coplayers so that we can share the burden of planning things and maintaining the account. There are many reasons that are completely valid. I would not feel comfortable playing the game without coplayers; at that point 'skill' becomes even more of a function of who spends the least time IRL, which is not a game I would enjoy.

On a world? Usually most of it. Per day? Usually at least 6-8 hours.

Immediately. Generally I only coplay other people's accounts these days, anyway.

4) how many of your mergers have ended with a full-time co-player for the duration of the world??

All. Or at least, all have intended to - real life and other concerns can always make players quit when they didn't originally intend to, and banning that would be just plain cruel.

5) would you have any issues with having the amount of co-players limited?? if so how many?

From an enforcement standpoint, this is an even worse idea than banning coplaying, and could never be realistically implemented.

6) would you have any issue with co-playing being set up similar to account sitting?? (where they log in through their own account first)
Why would anyone do this when they could easily coplay normally without having to reveal who is on the account?

The reality is that casual players will get crushed whether there is coplaying or not, whether there is BP or not, whether there is a BP ratio or not, whether there is a night bonus or not, the list goes on. Even casual worlds have not protected casual players all the time. The reality is if you want to succeed in this game you have to dedicate a substantial amount of time to it. That's where the meta is right now, that's where the meta will stay whether coplaying is legal or not. All removing coplaying would do is force dedicated players to spend more time per day on the game and accelerate burnout. And that's outside any concerns about the inherent difficulty of enforcing such restrictions, which despite years of discussion on the matter, I have never seen a good proposal for.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I play with coplayers because I enjoy the social aspects of the game and it's a closer relationship with a coplayer than a tribemate. I play with coplayers because my online times are not consistent and are often inconvenient when opped, or when launching ops. I play with coplayers so that we can share the burden of planning things and maintaining the account. There are many reasons that are completely valid. I would not feel comfortable playing the game without coplayers; at that point 'skill' becomes even more of a function of who spends the least time IRL, which is not a game I would enjoy.

On a world? Usually most of it. Per day? Usually at least 6-8 hours.

Immediately. Generally I only coplay other people's accounts these days, anyway.

All. Or at least, all have intended to - real life and other concerns can always make players quit when they didn't originally intend to, and banning that would be just plain cruel.

From an enforcement standpoint, this is an even worse idea than banning coplaying, and could never be realistically implemented.

Why would anyone do this when they could easily coplay normally without having to reveal who is on the account?

The reality is that casual players will get crushed whether there is coplaying or not, whether there is BP or not, whether there is a BP ratio or not, whether there is a night bonus or not, the list goes on. Even casual worlds have not protected casual players all the time. The reality is if you want to succeed in this game you have to dedicate a substantial amount of time to it. That's where the meta is right now, that's where the meta will stay whether coplaying is legal or not. All removing coplaying would do is force dedicated players to spend more time per day on the game and accelerate burnout. And that's outside any concerns about the inherent difficulty of enforcing such restrictions, which despite years of discussion on the matter, I have never seen a good proposal for.

based of what you wrote
you seem to enjoy is the social, shared responsibility and the convenience aspects of having a co-player
but are against any form of restriction/monitoring or even co-playing being officially supported/run within the game itself

so one last question just for you
in your opinion what is the difference between a co-player and setting an account sitter?? (not including the restrictions on account sitting)

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
so one last question just for you
in your opinion what is the difference between a co-player and setting an account sitter?? (not including the restrictions on account sitting)
It would be simpler to list the things that aren't different.
Two people are allowed to play on the same account using both coplaying, and account sitting. Literally *everything* else is different. I do not understand this point at all.

Also, I'm not inherently against coplaying being supported by the game, but there would be easy ways around it, the same ways people have been using for years, so you can hardly predicate any enforcement on people using the feature, unless there are substantial bonuses offered for using it.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It would be simpler to list the things that aren't different.
Two people are allowed to play on the same account using both coplaying, and account sitting. Literally *everything* else is different. I do not understand this point at all.

Also, I'm not inherently against coplaying being supported by the game, but there would be easy ways around it, the same ways people have been using for years, so you can hardly predicate any enforcement on people using the feature, unless there are substantial bonuses offered for using it.

i asked for a simple reason since the only differences are:
the restrictions, the amount of people who can access the co-played account and the means of which they access it and whether villages were gained or not.

account sitting - sit block (to prevent abuse), 30-60 days duration (to prevent abuse), 1 other person has access (unless passed), accessed via ingame methods.
co-playing - no restrictions to prevent abuse (no sit block, no duration, no limits), countless other people can have access (leads to account pushing), access from outside the game (increasing the abuse potential via vpn or other methods)

if you had to sign into your own account before going to settings or a main page (similar to the game over screen) to access the coplayed account on a world
how do you see people getting around it without staff noticing??
would it not become easier to monitor and enforce overall??
would it not keep both sides of conversation happy for the most part??
would it not separate the co-play issue from the account pushing issues??

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
this is to everyone:

1)
Main reason for me now a days to co play is it makes the game alot funner having a co player i enjoy having someone on the account, you can bounce ideas off of and who can also cover offline times and times your're busy or they are because of real life stuff. some of my co players i play with now have been my friends and played with me on different accounts for years.

2) aslong as they still play tribalwars, even alot of my co players who i still speak to but don't play tribalwars anymore could still be my co players if they ever came back to tribalwars and yes i get new co players too its good meeting new players and new people in general, and as dawolf said you get to know and work more closely when someone is co playing you.

3) pretty much the same as dawolf after start up i would find a co player i can't invest time in this game like years ago when i would attempt to solo to a few hundred villages.

4) all unless they quit and they even go on to new worlds together unless people quit which happens. When you co play its there account too not just the person who created it. thats how i see it anyway.

5) i don't see a need for this in general i havent seen an account with more than 4 co players and even then some of the co players can only do a few hours a day which means they wouldn't be able to play tw solo at all.

6) i simply ask why? thats just alot of hastle to link accounts when its simple and easy to co play as it is now, this is just adding more secruity to something tribalwars doesn't even support. if tribalwars supported co playing, then sure possibly. But it never has and never will support co playing. You also have to trust the person your merging/co playing, if you are going to say randomly merge with someone you don't know or friends don't know then you run the risk of being screwed but thats also your fault for being dumb.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
Nice, intentional derail of the thread by staff. Thought we had moved past coplaying and were trying to actually solve the account pushing issue. But it seems no progress will ever get made here. GG tw team, you win again.

There's a reason they only reply to certain people or quote one sentence out of a huge post

They will never address the issue, because they themselves benefit from the rules not getting changed. Both from a company/PP standpoint and from a personal gameplay standpoint.

Lame, all around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.