Closed Discussion Account pushing and coplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nice, intentional derail of the thread by staff. Thought we had moved past coplaying and were trying to actually solve the account pushing issue. But it seems no progress will ever get made here. GG tw team, you win again.

There were questions that I thought it was valuable for me to answer. Besides, the point of the thread is co-playing AND pushing, as they can be linked - as many others have pointed out, deliberate merges do look awfully similar to pushing.

There's a reason they only reply to certain people or quote one sentence out of a huge post

I've attempted to quote all relevant aspects of each post I've responded to, and I'm responding to the people I disagree with and who happen to present an opportunity for me to provide more information. If I were to respond to people I agreed with, I would just use the 'like' button.

They will never address the issue, because they themselves benefit from the rules not getting changed. Both from a company/PP standpoint and from a personal gameplay standpoint.

Lame, all around.
I don't write the rules. I enforce them. The people that actually write the rules are not the ones posting on this thread. Your agenda against mods is not unnoticed, but is hardly relevant here. The fact is you haven't presented any effective means of further preventing account pushing, or any effective means of handling coplaying besides the means that exist now. What you consistently fail to understand in your arguments is that there are reasons the system works the way it does now - I understand you do not like it, but you cannot effect change without addressing why things are the way they are: Namely, the difficulty of enforcing certain rule proposals in an even and fair manner.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
The fact is you haven't presented any effective means of further preventing account pushing, or any effective means of handling coplaying besides the means that exist now. What you consistently fail to understand in your arguments is that there are reasons the system works the way it does now - I understand you do not like it, but you cannot effect change without addressing why things are the way they are: Namely, the difficulty of enforcing certain rule proposals in an even and fair manner.
Why don't you read?
Two easy steps to completely obliterate this account pushing issue:
1. Remove connection sharing option
2. If an IP address touches more than one account on a world, IP banned.

This would ensure that any co-playing is STRICTLY for the purpose of 24/7 activity, and would require premade co-players instead of merging accounts in after they have finished pushing for the account they intend to play on. TW will never do this because they make more money when you can push accounts to get an advantage.
I am glad you are noticing my distaste for your mod team. The fact is: you are benefiting from the rules being lax, and complicit in the fact that they will never change.

Now please, dodge my self-quote or try to talk to me like I don't understand IP addresses or how removing connection sharing would be unfair to the dozens of people who use it legitimately :eyes_roll:

Do you understand how frustrating it is that I am willing to concede account sharing for the purpose of 24/7 activity as long as we really fix a problem, but you will instead latch onto someone who walks in the thread and starts to talk about how account sharing for activity isn't fair?
I don't understand why nobody on the TW team has said that my idea doesn't work, if it won't. Or at least tell me why you aren't willing to do it, but you are willing to address forum trolls who just want to derail the discussion so their account pushing strategy doesn't get undermined

Last edited:

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
talk to me like I don't understand IP addresses
Well, you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of how tracking IP addresses works. We don't (usually) ban VPNs. We don't ban dynamic IPs. Both of these would be banned under your proposal, which makes it unworkable in its current state.

how removing connection sharing would be unfair to the dozens of people who use it legitimately
I think Googly and I have both argued for its removal in the past, actually.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
We don't (usually) ban VPNs. We don't ban dynamic IPs. Both of these would be banned under your proposal, which makes it unworkable in its current state.
Yes I would hate for the people who are using VPNs for legitimate play and the 1% of people who get a reused dynamic IP that has conveniently been playing the same TW world to not get to play. Or heaven forbid, for you to have to look through an appeal for that tiny fraction of players that would ever get impacted by this if they were playing legitimately.

I feel like having a conversation with you is pointless. You don't want this problem solved

Alushu

Reaction score
Nice, intentional derail of the thread by staff. Thought we had moved past coplaying and were trying to actually solve the account pushing issue. But it seems no progress will ever get made here. GG tw team, you win again.

There's a reason they only reply to certain people or quote one sentence out of a huge post

They will never address the issue, because they themselves benefit from the rules not getting changed. Both from a company/PP standpoint and from a personal gameplay standpoint.

Lame, all around.

If I were them I wouldn't bother replying to you either, what's the point of explaining the same thing over and over again? It becomes a chore and it's not worth it. It's not their fault that you're stuck in the past nor is it their responsibility to reply to someone bringing the same points up over and over cause the answer that was given didn't suit them. Pick up your bag and either come along with the time that is now, or live in the past. It's that simple.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
Shut up and stop trying to ruin my strategy!!! I can only win if 3 accounts get to noble villages and bash people before we all coplay!!!
I guess it shouldn't be surprising to me that the endgame for a symmetrical strategy game is a coalition between cheaters and mods, but it's still sad to see

Alushu

Reaction score
Good job derailing the thread cause you read something you didn't want to hear. Something something with a kettle black something something.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
Good job derailing the thread cause you read something you didn't want to hear. Something something with a kettle black something something.
I think it has become painfully obvious that there's no purpose for this thread even being up anymore. All arguments have been heard and discarded. Cheaters win.

I'll see you guys on my own browser strategy game

Alushu

Reaction score
I think it has become painfully obvious that there's no purpose for this thread even being up anymore. All arguments have been heard and discarded. Cheaters win.

I'll see you guys on my own browser strategy game

then why are you still here? and do you keep coming back. Just move along already, the amount of tears has given me enough showers already.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
then why are you still here? and do you keep coming back. Just move along already, the amount of tears has given me enough showers already.
Some part of me expected a mod around here to have morals and a backbone. Foolish ol' bambam should have known they'd rather just cheat themselves than make rules against cheating

Alushu

Reaction score
Some part of me expected a mod around here to have morals and a backbone. Foolish ol' bambam

I expected you to stop whining and live in the present. Alas we can't all have what we expect, or want. There's no real need to insult an entire group of people for no reason.

Can we actually get back on topic now?

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
I expected you to stop whining and live in the present. Alas we can't all have what we expect, or want. There's no real need to insult an entire group of people for no reason.

Can we actually get back on topic now?
Here's the topic for ya, not that you or anyone else will say anything useful about it:
1. If players are allowed to merge accounts, they gain huge benefits over a group of people simply coplaying on one account, and over people who simply play their own accounts in a tribe
2. It is extremely easy to counteract this, by restricting any IP address to any one account. If someone logs into their account and then another from the same connection (maybe have a time period here, such as 'within 1 month') it should flag the mods for investigation/banning.
Dawolf85's weak example about VPNs or dynamic IPs can be safely discarded, it affects virtually zero legitimate players (Show me some stats on how many people have ever been flagged for connection sharing accidently by a dynamic IP getting changed to one that has recent tribalwars history lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
4) all unless they quit and they even go on to new worlds together unless people quit which happens. When you co play its there account too not just the person who created it. thats how i see it anyway.
highly agree, co-players should be considered equal owners once they join an account.

5) i don't see a need for this in general i havent seen an account with more than 4 co players and even then some of the co players can only do a few hours a day which means they wouldn't be able to play tw solo at all.

6) i simply ask why? thats just alot of hastle to link accounts when its simple and easy to co play as it is now, this is just adding more secruity to something tribalwars doesn't even support. if tribalwars supported co playing, then sure possibly. But it never has and never will support co playing. You also have to trust the person your merging/co playing, if you are going to say randomly merge with someone you don't know or friends don't know then you run the risk of being screwed but thats also your fault for being dumb.

i asked due to most arguments against co-playing seem to be more around the fact that it isnt supported by the game and the amount of times it happens
so putting a limit on how many co-players/mergers an account can have, will limit the amount of account pushing via mergers, removing atleast one of the issues surrounding co-playing. (upto 4 coplayers seems common)

while co-playing remains unsupported it creates a grey area for abuse and will remain an issue in the minds of players when it comes to fairness and all that

personally it doesnt seem like that much work overall - inno already has all the parts needed being used in other aspects of the game to make it possible
it just needs to be tweaked a little and put together

Lord Batan

blocked
Reaction score
Just make settings that prevent you to be attack when you sleep not just 100 % more defense and then co-playing will have a lower advantage. And no farming resources and scavenging at the night time. That way we can balance solo and co-player account.

To answer the guy who told me to get co-player, I don't like it, I don't want anybody to play my acc I want all decisions to be my and only my.

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Limiting the things we usually use coplayers for is actually a good concept. :)
Unfortunately its not that easy.

bambamsam1997

Reaction score
Just make settings that prevent you to be attack when you sleep not just 100 % more defense and then co-playing will have a lower advantage. And no farming resources and scavenging at the night time. That way we can balance solo and co-player account.

To answer the guy who told me to get co-player, I don't like it, I don't want anybody to play my acc I want all decisions to be my and only my.
This guy is trolling lol
Derailing the thread again..

Anyone want to solve the account pushing issue..? No, just me?

Twisted Legacy

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but on Tribalwars.net co-playing is tolerated

however on other markets like pt and ae co-playing is illegal and they claim that co-playing is illegal due to GDPR

So I am curious how it can be tolerated here but illegal on other markets?

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but on Tribalwars.net co-playing is tolerated

however on other markets like pt and ae co-playing is illegal and they claim that co-playing is illegal due to GDPR

So I am curious how it can be tolerated here but illegal on other markets?

would you have a link or some official text from those servers??
curious why its different (pretty sure the GDPR stuff is in affect on .net)

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I was always mocked in the past for asking for a world where co-playing will not be allowed. Then the co-players can simply play on their own worlds. And we can get 8 hours selectable sleep time. But that I accepted years ago... will not happen.

I will never in my life co-play. Firstly I'm to damn lazy... and secondly what's the point on sharing glory between 4 owners. You should only feel like a winner for 6 hours a day.....LOL.

Premium points:
At the very least the cost of premium effects should be shared by the co-players. The premium points 100 premium points gives you a 25 point spend equivelant if you have 4 owners (25%). So you have to report number of co-players and then the premium points are adjusted accordingly. New owner added = pro-rata reduction in premium points. Simple... the premium points are 4 times more expensive for a 4 profile owner. Right now they get 100% benefit for 25% of the cost. So either increase the premium price at purchase level (800 points purchase gives to 200 points to use)or increase the number of premium used to gain the effects (200 premium points = 800 premium point spend.)

Intentional merging:
Impossible to stop pushing. There's even intentional merging at tribal level. (2 tribes start mass recruiting... then merge and kill off their previous (now tribeless) members .... It's brilliant. Especially if you start a fake war and get the fools to deplete their defensive numbers while defending your offensive players. Just before disbanding the tribe and merging the offensive players into a new tribe.

Maybe make it that a merge must be reported and then is allowed but only into the smallest owner profile....LOL.
Or that the villages of the absorbed member will go to abandoned immediately and that villages previously gained by the absorbing profile will be lost at random to the rate of 50% of those villages gained (from the absorbed profile) in the last 30 days.

Warning to new players:
Time related:
Post a warning to new players....you are now entering a co-playing permitted world. You will have enemy units that have multiple owners with 24/7 presence and activity in this world. We suggest entering this world in co-play with a few other owners so that you can also achieve a 24/7 presence. if not......have fun and enjoy your brief stay....LOL

Skills related:
You will have to learn the skill of not feeling guilty if you take "advantage" of "friends" in-game. You honour system will be a disadvantage to you in the long run if you don't have a coping mechanism to understand in-game tactics. It is a lot easier if you are in a co-played profile because you can simply blame your co-owners for the wrongful acts....Like Sorry that we gained from surprise nobling your village while your defenders were all still in our village. But it was my co-player and I did not know....LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.