Account sitting

DeletedUser

As there have ben so many threads on different aspects of account sitting, I have decided to make this sticky. For starters, here are the rules.

§3) Account sitting

While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions (attack/supply/support/co-ordinate attacks or support) are allowed between any accounts played on the account sitters internet connection (including friends, family and colleagues on the same connection). That includes all accounts, that are being account account sat by players on that connection.
All interactions are forbidden until 24 hours after the account sitting mode has been canceled.
An account that is being sat has to be played for it's own benefit, not for the benefit of other accounts.
Everything stated in §2 has to be followed.

Examples:
It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.
It is forbidden to give away villages as presents from an account you are sitting (unless it is a trade of villages that clearly benefits both accounts).
It is forbidden to play an account you are sitting just to push other accounts, even if the other accounts are on a different internet connection.
It is forbidden to send suicide attacks from an account you are sitting to clean for other accounts (unless it is part of an agreement that does not put the account at a disadvantage)
It is allowed for you to attack and conquer villages with the account you are account sitting.
It is allowed for you to attack two players from the same tribe with your own account and the account you are account sitting for (i.e. separate attacks on separate players).
You are not allowed to use information about any accounts you are sitting for attacks from your own account, or provide this to other players, even after the sitting has ended.

This is only for starters, as I said. Any questions about account sitting can be asked here, and they will be answered.

DeletedUser

Question;
According to the rules I am

1) Allowed to attack anyone from the account I am sitting for, but
I am not allowed to “clear the villages” from troops. (contradiction)
Please define what is to be considered an attack and what is “clearing a village”.

2) Not allowed to give away villages.
Would an attack from another tribe on those villages (after I as account sitter sent out an attack from those villages), be considered giving them away?
Or, could one state that as long as it’s not the players own tribe that attacks and takes the villages, it’s not defined as giving away villages? i.e. could ones tribe take the villages if the account being sat is not in the same tribe?

3) Not allowed to “push” other accounts.
I can not benefit myself being the account sitter, but I can send recourses to player B who can in his turn send them to me.
Technically this would mean I am not allowed to send troops and /or recourses to others, as I could clearly benefit from it.
Please define what is acceptable. Please define what is considered to be a disadvantage to the account being sat. Demolishing buildings? Reducing troops? Clearing the warehouse? Let them go abandoned?

Patiently awaiting your answers,

Are you not intelligent enough to work this out for yourself?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

no.
Apparently i am morally, spiritually and physically a festering fly-blown heap of accumulated filth.
Would i have been intelligent, i would surely have taken that as an insult and reported it..
So i did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

no.
Apparently i am morally, spiritually and physically a festering fly-blown heap of accumulated filth.
Would i have been intelligent, i would surely have taken that as an insult and reported it..

That my friend is a signature it is not in any way aimed at you or anyone else, but feel free to report it :)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser605

Question;
According to the rules I am

1) Allowed to attack anyone from the account I am sitting for, but
I am not allowed to “clear the villages” from troops. (contradiction)
Please define what is to be considered an attack and what is “clearing a village”.

You are allowed to play the account for it's gain. Thus if you 'clear' a village soley for the purpose of allowing it to be nobled, then no you are not allowed to do it. If you are attacking with the village and it gets cleared out, then yes you are allowed. Again, it is in the intent of the use of the troops within the village (as determined by the world mod) that determines if the sat account is used properly.

2) Not allowed to give away villages.
Would an attack from another tribe on those villages (after I as account sitter sent out an attack from those villages), be considered giving them away?
Or, could one state that as long as it’s not the players own tribe that attacks and takes the villages, it’s not defined as giving away villages? i.e. could ones tribe take the villages if the account being sat is not in the same tribe?

Giving away is giving away. If an honest attempt to play the account ends up losing some villages then the rules have not been broken. If an attempt to 'make it easy' to take villages happends then the account (and it's sitter) may be banned.

3) Not allowed to “push” other accounts.
I can not benefit myself being the account sitter, but I can send recourses to player B who can in his turn send them to me.
Technically this would mean I am not allowed to send troops and /or recourses to others, as I could clearly benefit from it.
Please define what is acceptable. Please define what is considered to be a disadvantage to the account being sat. Demolishing buildings? Reducing troops? Clearing the warehouse? Let them go abandoned?
rules said:
§3) Account sitting

While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions (attack/supply/support/co-ordinate attacks or support) are allowed between any accounts played on the account sitters internet connection (including friends, family and colleagues on the same connection). That includes all accounts, that are being account account sat by players on that connection.
All interactions are forbidden until 24 hours after the account sitting mode has been canceled.
An account that is being sat has to be played for it's own benefit, not for the benefit of other accounts.

Examples:
It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.

It is forbidden to give away villages as presents from an account you are sitting (unless it is a trade of villages that clearly benefits both accounts).

It is forbidden to play an account you are sitting just to push other accounts, even if the other accounts are on a different internet connection.

It is forbidden to send suicide attacks from an account you are sitting to clean for other accounts (unless it is part of an agreement that does not put the account at a disadvantage)

It is allowed for you to attack and conquer villages with the account you are account sitting.

It is allowed for you to attack two players from the same tribe with your own account and the account you are account sitting for (i.e. separate attacks on separate players).

You are not allowed to use information about any accounts you are sitting for attacks from your own account, or provide this to other players, even after the sitting has ended.
Interaction, even through a third party, is interaction and a bannable offense.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Well, i have been reading the whole thread, and i think that there is a concept that needs to be defined.

"village for free"

I mean, it is understandable that you cant "give away" villages by taking away their troops. But seeing the bans that occurs in W3, there were other situations, not linked with any account sit mode, that were declared "push accounts".

- Can i sweep the troops of a sitted account, to be conquered? NO.

- Can I sweep the troops of a sitted account, and 24hs later, take it? ...

- Can i sweep MY OWN VILLAGE to be conquered by someone? ...

I know that it is not allowed to discuss ban issues here, but i want to know what could happen to me if, suddenly, three different players write me a mail saying "oh, you are so good and brave, we are going to give you all of our villages, we are taking away our troops! We love you! Oh, and we are female teenagers from Sweeden..."

... aah, dreams... :icon_redface:

erm, ejem... :lol:

This situation, can be considered as "push account"? What real difference exists between a free village from an account sit, to a free village of myself?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

It seems to me account pushing is not defined by a rule, but by the mood of the world moderator.
As I see it any village going from one tribesmate to another leaving the first with less points than before could be considered account pushing the way it's defined now.
Obviously world moderators cannot monitor everything and some will get away with it. I know of people who found a way around it.
If you stick to the "rules" it's simple really.
I am not trying to make people break any rules so I am not going to explain. Besides, I don't want to get banned by some moderator who's real life isn't what he/she expected and takes it out on people in this game.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser7923

It seems to me account pushing is not defined by a rule, but by the mood of the world moderator.
As I see it any village going from one tribesmate to another leaving the first with less points than before could be considered account pushing the way it's defined now.
Obviously world moderators cannot monitor everything and some will get away with it. I know of people who found a way around it.
If you stick to the "rules" it's simple really.
I am not trying to make people break any rules so I am not going to explain. Besides, I don't want to get banned by some moderator who's real life isn't what he/she expected and takes it out on people in this game.

And what is the way around it?? :p or is that a big secret??

and another question: if i quit sitting, the troops are in their original village, can i attack that player with nobles after 24h??

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Well, as i can see, this IS a tricky question after all...

I asked a W4 moderator about the ban situation in W3 because of "pushing accounts", and why they were not doing the same there. The response was

"I don't administrate world three so I can't explain the actions there. If you read the rules though you will see it is legal for people to gift their own villages.

Sincerely,

Gareeth/Kis
Tribal Wars Support"

So, it seems like they are not responding for anyone else about this matter. If rules are equal to all worlds, why is he/she "not responding"??

And, according to this answer, if i want to move MY troops to give MY village away to another player, is ok according to the rules. Well, tell this to those who get banned in W3...

We may need some "official answer" down here...

Upvote 0

Zonneboy

need help

I'll leave my account on account sitting. When I can play again, how can i use my account again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

supply/market

I've noticed only one issue concerning the supplying of resources to accounts you sit. While direct supplying is forbidden, what about supllying through market? an example:

say I notice the account I'm sitting needs 2000 each resource. can I post those resources from my account on market, then accept them from account I'm sitting?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

well, since this whole thing is in a gray area, and "any kind of interaction between accounts is invalid", i would have to say... dont!

it doesnt really matter if you "technically can"... if your sitted account needs resources, offer stuff in the market... and some player will came along! Dont risk your self uselessly... MHO...

Upvote 0

DeletedUser2386

your own:
just login and press end sitting

some one else:
login as them,
got to settings
press account sitting
then its simple..

Upvote 0

DeletedUser605

I've noticed only one issue concerning the supplying of resources to accounts you sit. While direct supplying is forbidden, what about supllying through market? an example:

say I notice the account I'm sitting needs 2000 each resource. can I post those resources from my account on market, then accept them from account I'm sitting?

Which part of 'No interactions between the accounts' do you not understand.

Trading between accounts is interaction. Since you are running both accounts you know that the accounts are interacting (and thus doing it purposefully).

Both accounts would be banned.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Players A, B and C are friends. A - sits for B, C - attacking 2 villages of player D - D1 and D2, and asks both, A and B, to support an attack. Player A sends attack on village D1 from his own account, then sends attack on village D2 from sitted account. Is it legal?

Just to be sure for the future.
________
Carina Ii

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser605

Players A, B and C are friends. A - sits for B, C - attacking 2 villages of player D - D1 and D2, and asks both, A and B, to support an attack. Player A sends attack on village D1 from his own account, then sends attack on village D2 from sitted account. Is it legal?

Just to be sure for the future.

rules said:
§3) Account sitting

Since that would be considered a coordinated attack, the answer is you are not allowed to do that.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

can u send support to someone.. and then sit him before the support arrives? xD!

it is legal i mean..

Upvote 0

DeletedUser605

can u send support to someone.. and then sit him before the support arrives? xD!

it is legal i mean..

'no interactions' means no interactions. So, as soon as you accepted the sitting you would be in violation of the rules.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

well incomings count as an interaction then?

does this count as interaction:

if invite the sitting account to my tribe?
if i send it a message?
if someone attack it and i send it support (its benefit for it, not for me)

Upvote 0