Account sitting

DeletedUser

As there have ben so many threads on different aspects of account sitting, I have decided to make this sticky. For starters, here are the rules.

§3) Account sitting

While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions (attack/supply/support/co-ordinate attacks or support) are allowed between any accounts played on the account sitters internet connection (including friends, family and colleagues on the same connection). That includes all accounts, that are being account account sat by players on that connection.
All interactions are forbidden until 24 hours after the account sitting mode has been canceled.
An account that is being sat has to be played for it's own benefit, not for the benefit of other accounts.
Everything stated in §2 has to be followed.

Examples:
It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.
It is forbidden to give away villages as presents from an account you are sitting (unless it is a trade of villages that clearly benefits both accounts).
It is forbidden to play an account you are sitting just to push other accounts, even if the other accounts are on a different internet connection.
It is forbidden to send suicide attacks from an account you are sitting to clean for other accounts (unless it is part of an agreement that does not put the account at a disadvantage)
It is allowed for you to attack and conquer villages with the account you are account sitting.
It is allowed for you to attack two players from the same tribe with your own account and the account you are account sitting for (i.e. separate attacks on separate players).
You are not allowed to use information about any accounts you are sitting for attacks from your own account, or provide this to other players, even after the sitting has ended.

This is only for starters, as I said. Any questions about account sitting can be asked here, and they will be answered.

DeletedUser

Ive tried searching/scanning this topic but still can't find the answer I'm looking for. So While someone is sitting your account are they allowed to copy tribal diplomacy/in-game forums and post this on their own tribal forums?

Yes, a person who is sitting your account has access to everything you do. That includes in-game mail, reports, tribe forums, and any powers you may hold within the tribe.(If you are a duke, your sitter can disband your tribe).

Further, there are no rules against people taking information or abusing your tribal powers, while they are sitting your account.

Upvote 0

ununoctium

If I sent attack/support/etc. at a player then that player, after that action, sent a sitting request to me, may I accept it? If not, how much longer do I have to wait before accepting it?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

As long as you sent the support/attack before you accept the sitting request it is perfectly legal. It is only after the sitting is ended that you must wait the 24 hours to send support or attacks to the player you were sitting.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Question: I send attacks at a player that landed more than 24 hours ago, then a friend of mine wants me to account sit him and send attacks on the same player, is this allowed?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Yes. Whatever happens before you accept the sitting is irrelevant. As long as you don't send attacks from both accounts while you are sitting, and both accounts don't send attacks for 24 hours after the sitting is ended, you will be fine.

Upvote 0

ununoctium

If I ended sitting at 04/01/2010 00:00:00 (arbitrary time), does the rule that no interactions may occur for another 24 hours mean I cannot land attacks/support/trades before 05/01/2010 0:00:00 or does it mean I cannot send anything before then?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

If I ended sitting at 04/01/2010 00:00:00 (arbitrary time), does the rule that no interactions may occur for another 24 hours mean I cannot land attacks/support/trades before 05/01/2010 0:00:00 or does it mean I cannot send anything before then?
You cannot send anything.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Ok another question, thanks for the response for the last one:

Is it legal if I send some attacks landing in about 50 hours from my account sit, then transfer it to someone and send attacks of my own on the same player 24 hours after the transfer.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Yes, it is fine as long as you wait 24 hours from the end of the sitting(or transferring of it.)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So I was reading through the rules and got a little bit confused on the account sitting part. I'm wondering what happens if someone randomly sets you as sitter with no instructions or messages of any sort? Can I simply send his troops far away or at an enemy and then take his village (after canceling the sitting for the time needed), or gift it to someone?

The line that had me confused was this, from Rule 3
We will punish the account sitter if we see that it was the clear intention to ruin the account owners work against his instructions...
Now if he left no instructions then it wouldnt be against the instructions.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Ok well, change me taking his village to me gifting it to someone. And in my experience most people leave their instructions on the notepad, which you need to accept to see.
My experience is that instructions have been sent via PM, or at least some sort of notification through PM or within a tribe's forum has taken place.

If no time frame is left for the owner to return, it is the responsibility of the sitter to give the owner a few weeks to return before gifting any villages.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So is there a definite set time frame to wait. Or is this just a guess. Because in my mind, if someone sets you with no notification, or instructions, or contact in any way. They're probably quitting anyhow.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So is there a definite set time frame to wait. Or is this just a guess. Because in my mind, if someone sets you with no notification, or instructions, or contact in any way. They're probably quitting anyhow.

I'm sure it differs from mod to mod, and really, it's only if the owner comes back are you possibly going to get in any trouble for it.

However, to make the assumption that they are quitting anyhow when they do that is wrong. IT is safer for you to assume they are coming back.

As Mesiba said, cancel the account sitting and then noble after the 24 hour period is over(passing troop counts on to another person is also illegal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Hopefully I can explain this as best as possible.

Player A, John, has attacks landing on me from 80 to 130 hours.
I am attacking player B, Mike.
John sits Mike. John cannot attack me from Mike's account, correct?

Player C, Tony, sits Mike but Tony is not currently attacking me. Tony uses Mike's account to attack me.
Now John and Mike are both attacking me. Can John sit Mike's account again without breaking any sitting rules because technically he would have control of two accounts attacking me?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

They would not be violating the rules just by accepting the sitting, no. It would only be against the rules for attacks to be sent from both accounts once they are already sharing a connection.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

With that being said, you are now saying it is perfectly legal for me to coordinate an attack like this. I choose a cluster that has 35 villages and I only have 20 trains. I am sitting an account that has 15 trains that can noble the remaining 15 villages. I coordinate my attacks from my account to land at such and such time. I use the account I am sitting to plan out the remaining 15 attacks for the next sitter to send. The second sitter sends the attacks to finish off the coordinated attack. I sit the account again until all the attacks land. So basically that situation is allowed within the rules as long as I don't send any attacks from the account I am sitting?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

With that being said, you are now saying it is perfectly legal for me to coordinate an attack like this. I choose a cluster that has 35 villages and I only have 20 trains. I am sitting an account that has 15 trains that can noble the remaining 15 villages. I coordinate my attacks from my account to land at such and such time. I use the account I am sitting to plan out the remaining 15 attacks for the next sitter to send. The second sitter sends the attacks to finish off the coordinated attack. I sit the account again until all the attacks land. So basically that situation is allowed within the rules as long as I don't send any attacks from the account I am sitting?

Since you are not actually the one sending the 15 other attacks, yes, that is perfectly legal.

There is nothing in the rules that states one player can't plan attacks for multiple players to carry out, simply that they can't send all the attacks themselves.

Upvote 0

Lost serenity

As long as you dont actually send the attacks for the player you are sitting, it if perfectly legal.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

The coordination applies for 24 hours after the end of the sitting as well, so if you have another player takeover to send the attacks they have to wait 24 hours after you have stopped sitting to send the attacks.

Upvote 0