Account sitting

DeletedUser

As there have ben so many threads on different aspects of account sitting, I have decided to make this sticky. For starters, here are the rules.

§3) Account sitting

While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions (attack/supply/support/co-ordinate attacks or support) are allowed between any accounts played on the account sitters internet connection (including friends, family and colleagues on the same connection). That includes all accounts, that are being account account sat by players on that connection.
All interactions are forbidden until 24 hours after the account sitting mode has been canceled.
An account that is being sat has to be played for it's own benefit, not for the benefit of other accounts.
Everything stated in §2 has to be followed.

Examples:
It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.
It is forbidden to give away villages as presents from an account you are sitting (unless it is a trade of villages that clearly benefits both accounts).
It is forbidden to play an account you are sitting just to push other accounts, even if the other accounts are on a different internet connection.
It is forbidden to send suicide attacks from an account you are sitting to clean for other accounts (unless it is part of an agreement that does not put the account at a disadvantage)
It is allowed for you to attack and conquer villages with the account you are account sitting.
It is allowed for you to attack two players from the same tribe with your own account and the account you are account sitting for (i.e. separate attacks on separate players).
You are not allowed to use information about any accounts you are sitting for attacks from your own account, or provide this to other players, even after the sitting has ended.

This is only for starters, as I said. Any questions about account sitting can be asked here, and they will be answered.

DeletedUser

If they are dumb enough to accept. However.. any attacks already enroute are still legal, they just won't be able to send new ones for 24 hours.

Upvote 0

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There are no rules as to coordinating attacks on village; there are only rules against coordinating attacks on players. Barbarian villages are not owned by any players, and as such are no subject to coordination rules.

Note that player sharing a connection or account sitting cannot be used to benefit each other, so clearing a village, such as a barbarian village, for such a player would be illegal, but having both players farm a barbarian village would not be as neither is benefiting the other.

I never thought of it that way I always in the past have made sure not to farm the same barbs while sitting.

If you can farm the same barbs when sitting does removing walls / catting buildings count as benefiting the other? Or is that more an area which is not looked at?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I never thought of it that way I always in the past have made sure not to farm the same barbs while sitting.

If you can farm the same barbs when sitting does removing walls / catting buildings count as benefiting the other? Or is that more an area which is not looked at?

The only thing with barbs that applies from what I've read from staff responses is if you cleared a barb from one account so the other could noble it, or if you prenobled from one account for the other to noble it.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

so i can put my account n " Account Sitting " i giv 2 other player just for check my troops and builds? just for 5 minuts ? or he can steal my account ?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

He can't steal your account(assuming you don't have your password plastered all over in your notebook and mails), you can end his sitting at any time if you set him as sitter. He can read your mails, check your troops, and even send them out as an attack or support. I would recommend if you don't trust them, don't let whoever it is sit longer than the attack cancellation period lasts so that you can cancel anything they might've sent.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

When you are sitting their account, go to settings>>>account sitting>>>end account sitting, it must be done from their account, not yours.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser92709

Ok, I did a search, and found no results on this.

I am sitting an account, but i need someone to sit me too. will this person be allowed to sit the person i am sitting? if not, its ok, but it would be more ideal that way.

Second question:
Can a sitter change someones tribe (eg, leave the tribe and join a new one).

Thanks

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I am sitting an account, but i need someone to sit me too. will this person be allowed to sit the person i am sitting? if not, its ok, but it would be more ideal that way.
You can transfer the sitting of the account you are currently sitting prior to setting a sitter for your own account.

From the sat account, go to Settings --> Account Sitting. Enter the name of the player you wish to transfer the account to and click the transfer button.

Second question:
Can a sitter change someones tribe (eg, leave the tribe and join a new one).

Yes a sitter can leave a tribe and join a new tribe. Further, any powers you hold within your tribe the sitter will be able to use. This includes dismissing people or even disbanding the tribe completely(depending on what your powers are).

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

player A and B is both attacking player C.

Player A asks B to sit him.

Player B accepts it.

Player B launches on player C using the Acct of A.

Player A ended the SIT on B.

Player B launches on C ( IDK )
QUESTION

Can player B launch on C still?

on the underlined part

WONT the 24 hours rule affect on the launching?

Upvote 0

aakminer1234

Can player B launch on C still?

on the underlined part

WONT the 24 hours rule affect on the launching?

Exactly, it will. You will have to wait 24 hours. In many of these cases, TW will not allow you to do anything illegal. So yes you have to wait.

On a separate question:

There is player A and player B
A sits C, B sits D

B sends troops to C, can A send to B or D ? (can A send to both, or only one, or only D)?

Upvote 0

Seagryfn

There is player A and player B
A sits C, B sits D
B sends troops to C, can A send to B or D ? (can A send to both, or only one, or only D)?
Break it down into smaller groups, and then look at who is acting (who enters the rally point and issues a command):

A+C are controlled by one player; this means that only one account on that connection can send troops to the same player.
B+D are controlled by one player; this means that only one account on that connection can send troops to the same player.

* If B sends troops to C as support, then A could send troops to either B and/or D, or could use C to send troops to either B and/or D, or could use A to send troops to one and C to send troops to the other.
* If B sends troops to C as an ATTACK, then A cannot retaliate on behalf of C with A's account. Only the account under attack (in this case C) can counter-attack B. A would still be allowed to attack D... even though A has no reason to know that B sits D.
* If B sends troops to BOTH A and to C as an ATTACK, then A can counter attack with either A or C (but not both). This is not "retaliation" because both accounts A and C are under attack.
* D is fair game to either A or C (but not both). The person SENDING troops against two accounts sharing a connection does not break any rules, unless he also controls more than one account and sends from both. The restrictions against sending troops from the same connection applies to one person (or family) with access to the rally points (command center) of more that one account, such as in the case of being the sitter of the account, co-workers or room mates. No restriction applies to the sender of troops simply because the defender/recipient shares a connection with another account. The SENDER need only worry about sending from more than one account on his own connection, shared or otherwise.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand something. If someone account sits for you, are you giving them your password? Can they aquire your password and change it so that you get your account stolen, or do they access your account the the password for THEIR accounts? This is all I need to know.

Upvote 0

Penguin11

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand something. If someone account sits for you, are you giving them your password? Can they aquire your password and change it so that you get your account stolen, or do they access your account the the password for THEIR accounts? This is all I need to know.

No no, no password is given out. When someone accepts your account sitting request they will login via there account sitting panel. It's just a simple text link which says login.

Try asking one of your friends or tribemates to let you sit them for a few minutes then you will be able to see how it works.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Couldn't really see anything about this, but is it ok to account sit just for the purpose of capping villages from a player because the account holder doesn't have the skills to do it themselves?

Player A attacks Player B.
Player B cannot cope, so sets Player C to sit.
Player C attacks, clears and nobles then hands back account.

Is this OK?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

That in and of itself is not against the rules, no. You just need to worry about not coordinating attacks etc. which would violate the rules.

Upvote 0