Account sitting

DeletedUser

As there have ben so many threads on different aspects of account sitting, I have decided to make this sticky. For starters, here are the rules.

§3) Account sitting

While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions (attack/supply/support/co-ordinate attacks or support) are allowed between any accounts played on the account sitters internet connection (including friends, family and colleagues on the same connection). That includes all accounts, that are being account account sat by players on that connection.
All interactions are forbidden until 24 hours after the account sitting mode has been canceled.
An account that is being sat has to be played for it's own benefit, not for the benefit of other accounts.
Everything stated in §2 has to be followed.

Examples:
It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.
It is forbidden to give away villages as presents from an account you are sitting (unless it is a trade of villages that clearly benefits both accounts).
It is forbidden to play an account you are sitting just to push other accounts, even if the other accounts are on a different internet connection.
It is forbidden to send suicide attacks from an account you are sitting to clean for other accounts (unless it is part of an agreement that does not put the account at a disadvantage)
It is allowed for you to attack and conquer villages with the account you are account sitting.
It is allowed for you to attack two players from the same tribe with your own account and the account you are account sitting for (i.e. separate attacks on separate players).
You are not allowed to use information about any accounts you are sitting for attacks from your own account, or provide this to other players, even after the sitting has ended.

This is only for starters, as I said. Any questions about account sitting can be asked here, and they will be answered.

DeletedUser45475

hi

i am sitting an account in World 6

and was wondering if i am allowed to rebuild villages and troops or if this is not allowed??

account beeing sat 20 days,
please reply or mail me, have specific questions for the moderators don't want to post all here.

Sorry

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

hi

i am sitting an account in World 6

and was wondering if i am allowed to rebuild villages and troops or if this is not allowed??

account beeing sat 20 days,
please reply or mail me, have specific questions for the moderators don't want to post all here.

Sorry

If the account owner is returning, then sure.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

servy, i should prob send in a ticket, but just wanna know what you think.
An ex-farm started to turtle up so i left him and said i would clear + cat him when i have enough troops. anyway i've been scouting him and know his troops + buildings, and he has enough troops thats its still not worth my time clearing so ill leave him be for a while longer.

He set me as sitter and said he wont be back till monday...... Sent me a message and set me!!!

yes!

so i accepted it and his tribe kicked him for having an outside sitter. I built up resource mines as eventually i will prob want to noble it.......

Whats your advice?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

An ex-farm started to turtle up so i left him and said i would clear + cat him when i have enough troops. anyway i've been scouting him and know his troops + buildings, and he has enough troops thats its still not worth my time clearing so ill leave him be for a while longer.

He set me as sitter and said he wont be back till monday...... Sent me a message and set me!!!

yes!

so i accepted it and his tribe kicked him for having an outside sitter. I built up resource mines as eventually i will prob want to noble it.......

Whats your advice?

Drop the sitting without doing anything as you'd be too tempted to act in your own best interest and not he owner's.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

dropped it. Should i do anything for the things i did? (upgraded HQ by 1 and Iron by 1)
report it or anything? just dont want this coming back in the future.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You haven't listed doing anything that's against the rules, so there's no need to send in a ticket.

In general it's unwise to accept the sitting of any enemy, as the temptation to damage the account tends to be quite high.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Me and my tribemate attacked together person A (attacks are ongoing for several days). 24 h havent past yet since the attacks been sent. Person B attacked my tribemate now, can i acc sit him, no more attacks will be sent at person A who we got both attacks going at for several days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Me and my tribemate attacked together person A (attacks are ongoing for several days). 24 h havent past yet since the attacks been sent. Person B attacked my tribemate now, can i acc sit him, no more attacks will be sent at person A who we got both attacks going at for several days?

Sure, you can sit him.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

It's all about what you do during and after the sitting. What happens before the sitting is inconsequential.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Lolz, I've had a couple farms do that to me in the past.. and I didn't accept the first time. The next time it happened I sat the player for a day or so while he was gone, built up his village for him, gave him a detailed report of what I'd done and he thanked me. 24 hours later I started farming him again. Nothing wrong at all with being civil or helpful to some of the victims once in awhile, although most likely the sitter will benefit later on as well.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Here is the scenario:

Player A has account sat for player B within the last 24 hours, With players A and B both in control of their own accounts, may they both send support to Player C?

I don't see anything in the rules that forbid this, but the leader of my tribe is convinced otherwise and won't let people do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Here is the scenario:

Player A has account sat for player B within the last 24 hours, With players A and B both in control of their own accounts, may they both send support to Player C?

I don't see anything in the rules that forbid this, but the leader of my tribe is convinced otherwise and won't let people do that.

Did you try reading the first paragraph in Rule #3?
(Highlighting the part that is pertinent to your question.)

Rule #3 said:
§3) Account sitting

Account sitting is a temporary way to watch someone's account while they cannot log in. While a player is account sitting for another player, no interactions or co-ordination is allowed between any accounts on the account sitter's internet connection, and for a period of 24 hours after the sitting has been ended or transferred. This includes all accounts being account sat by players on that connection.

In case you missed it, supporting the same player falls under the co-ordination clause of the rule.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I wouldn't call each player sending support to the same player, interaction or coordination of the accounts.

An account sitter may not attack or support the same player from his own account and from the account he is sitting as long as sitting is active.

As long as the sitting is active, notice that 24 hours after is conspicuously missing from this section of the rules.

Anyway, in what way does sending support to the same player after the account sitting has ended, allow for abuse in any way shape or form?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I wouldn't call each player sending support to the same player, interaction or coordination of the accounts.
Unfortunately for you, you do not make or interpret the rules. Sending any troops, whether as support, or as an attack, to the same player someone else is sending support/attacks to is considered coordination.

As long as the sitting is active, notice that 24 hours after is conspicuously missing from this section of the rules.
But it is conspicuously added to the first portion of the rule, which I highlighted for you.

Anyway, in what way does sending support to the same player after the account sitting has ended, allow for abuse in any way shape or form?
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure the benefit of the 24 hour clause. It is what it is. You asked if the situation you outlined was legal. It isn't. Your tribe's leader is right.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Please TP, lol...do not get into an argument with him about it as well...you told me it would be settled by what is said in the forums, so now it has been :p

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Please TP, lol...do not get into an argument with him about it as well...you told me it would be settled by what is said in the forums, so now it has been :p

If he had told me who his leader is, I would have told him you were right anyway, just because it's you, Yarnie. :lol:

Upvote 0

Jonasquinn

Ive tried searching/scanning this topic but still can't find the answer I'm looking for. So While someone is sitting your account are they allowed to copy tribal diplomacy/in-game forums and post this on their own tribal forums?

Upvote 0