Adam - Mah Guide!

olympus

*Note: This guide is not meant to be followed as gospel, but is meant to be more of a guideline on how to do an above average start up leading towards nobles. Rules change, settings change, areas change. In order to do consistently well you need to evolve and improvise in each situation.

1.0 First steps of start-up

[SPOIL]As i write this while playing W60, i will use this world as my main guideline to how you should handle start-up including the quests and how they should be used.

(This will be similar to The lama's start up which was successful in achieving rank 1 up to and past nobles)

We shall assume this to be a paladin world and as such the resources should be built in the following order:

Wood 1
Clay 1
Iron 1
Statue (Train paladin upon completion)

Normally clay would be better to build first as the cost of the paladin is clay heavy, however with the new quest system you are not short of clay, and thus wood first is better as it will give you a greater income ready for spears.

At this point it is important to send the paladin to the barbs/bonus villages near to you. The paladin has a carrying capacity of 100. You will also receive 50/50/50 resource from the quest for building your paladin.

Clay 2
Timber 2
Iron 2
Clay 3
Clay 4
Timber 3
Timber 4
Timber 5
Timber 6
Barracks 1

Once you have your barracks you want to recruit spears up to 20. Once you have 20 you will receive 10 spear, 10 axe from the quest bonus.

You know have a total of 30 spears, 10 sword and 10 axe. In most cases you are likely to run into a lot of empty barbs. Due to this reason it is more beneficial to micro farm. Micro farming is sending small amount of troops to many barbs so the chances of full hauls are more likely, and so that those villages with no res do not decrease your haul per hour because you sent all your troops there only to gain a haul of 2/2/2.

For villages with no walls starting at 26 points, you can split your troops into the following parties in two different ways.

- 3 Spear 2 swords
- 3 Spears 2 axe

This will give you 10 parties to farm 10 villages with. I will assume you are active and have a co to make your account online most of the day. While farming you will be able to see whether or not the farms are getting many full hauls, or whether you only get a few from each attack.

You may also only have a few barbs near you, in which case it isnt profitable to be sending spears 5 hours away to receive a similar haul.

If you are having trouble farming, you can up your mines to compensate the resource income. If your hauls are mainly full, you can start to send more troops in each party. However you dont want to send too many troops at one barb for fear of getting spiked. It is better to lose a few troops than all of them.

For the purpose of the guide, i will assume that you have a decent farm area. Ideally in a good farm area you would want to build around 10-15 spears per barb. Your main goal is to research lc to be able to farm more quickly and haul the res before your competition does. This allows you to grow at a faster pace than they are able to do.

Due to the new quest system you also receive resources for certain buildings. Make sure you keep an eye on what you need to complete and what you have already done so you can accept the resources. The wall will cost 50 wood 100 clay 20 iron but you will receive 50/100/30 for building it. You must look at the reward value to the value of completing the quest.

Another quest is to build a market for 100/100/100 res which will give you a reward of 100/100/100. Usually there is little point in building a market unless you need to store iron. However due to the cost of the market now being free, if you are waiting on resources to build a certain building and are able to add the market during the time it will take to raise the resources needed, you may as well add the market since you will gain the resources back upon completion and who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and find an offer which benefits you.

Next you want to upgrade your warehouse to level 3 which will give you the quest bonus of 500/400/300 (may need to double check this)

From there you want to get your HQ to 10, smithy to 5 and barracks to 5.

If you are farming well enough to keep adding a HQ level, it is best to build HQ from 3 to 10 first. However if you are unable to do that, it is better to get your HQ to 5, then smithy levels. Smithy levels will take the longest to complete and will allow you time to haul the resources ready for the next level. This way allows your HQ to always have something in production.[/SPOIL]

2.0 Constant Light Cavalry

[SPOIL] At this point you are now able to build your stable. You need to remember points are not important, you are not Nauzhror and you are therefore not a pointwhore. As when you produced your spear before building further, you will probably drop in rankings again while you recruit light cavalry.

You should now build the following:

Stable 1
Stable 2
Stable 3
Warehouse 4
Warehouse 5
Warehouse 6

As i can not see your area, i can not judge when you should build your farm level. That is for you to use your own common sense.

If you are encountering a few spikes or a decrease in resources hauled, you can decide to research scouts. These will help you scout for spikes as well as where the resources are. With scouts you are able to SRE (Scout report Evaluate) By researching scouts you complete another quest which gives you 10 free scouts. So you need not worry about extra res recruiting them as 10 should do you just fine.

If you are still farming like a monkey on crack and are getting majority full hauls, you can skip the need for scouts and head straight on to researching Light Cavalry.

Once you have researched LC, you want to make sure they are in constant production. This is a great time to use up all that iron you stored from the start on the market.

Once you have completed the scout quest, it will open the light cavalry quest where by researching light cavalry, you will get the reward of 4 LC.

Now this is where many players go wrong, even those that have played for many years. They believe they need to get a set number of LC and then move onto buildings, recruiting LC whenever they have some res left over. This way they increase in points and stay higher ranked, sounds good, right? WRONG! This will help you stay higher in the ranks short term and as i previously said, points are not important.

Before you do anything else you want to make sure that you have LC being produced constantly. It doesnt matter whether you have built 50 and cant keep it constant, or 100. Constant LC in the long term will increase your farming until you reach a point where you have enough to keep them constant.

If you have improvised and used this guide well, you should have over 100 lc before coming out of bp, and they should be a constant queue before you hit 100.

I shall use the 100 lc as a guideline to how many lc it took you to keep a constant queue. During this time the only buildings you should have touched are the farm, and the warehouse. Perhaps the market if you are seeing some beneficial offers.

Going slightly back to when you first produce your lc, how should you use them?

The best way is to continue our micro farming method. only now you are able to do so at a much greater pace. Locate the closer barbs and send the infantry troops (spear, sword,axe) at those while sending the lc further out to increase efficiency.

Eventually the barbs will grow bigger and produce walls, at this time it is no longer possible to send the spear/sword/axe without gaining losses. You should sim this in order to see what your losses will be and the gain of res. If the gain is higher than the loss you can still send.

At the intial time of production of LC you will be able to send 1-2 lc per barb (mirco farming) Eventually as the villages grow and increase their production, so can you increase the amount of LC you send. Around 4-5 is enough to micro farm against barbs, even those with a level 1 wall.

Now, back to the constant LC queue. Your stable is still level 3, you have a nice amount of lc and have a constant production. Once you have a couple hour queue, it is my personal preference to then increase the stable which will in turn increase the LC output increasing farming. It would be stupid to have a 10 hour LC production as that would be as beneficial as a 1 hour constant production. You need to make sure your constant production is worthwhile.

At this time all those pointwhores will have risen above you, but this is where you begin to show them your farming power. Until this point, your have grown little with only points increases from farm and warehouse. Now with a constant production of LC, you can move onto the Headquarters.

What should you build, all this res ready to use from your hard work, i know what you're thinking. LETS BUILD CAMPS! No, lets not -.-

Taking W60 as an example, to take a level 3 iron mine to a level 30, it would cost the same amount of iron as 800 lc. A maxed 30 mine produces 2,400 res per hour. 800 lc will be able to produce far more than this and you also have the benefit of having 800 more lc than the person who mine whored. [/SPOIL]

3.0 HQ Rushing

[SPOIL] At this time it would be a sound strategy to build your headquarters high, very high, so high people who dont know what they're doing laugh at how high you went.

The higher the HQ level the quicker the build times will be later on, especially for those longer buildings such as the late levels of the smithy.

The only thing you want to build is HQ 11, 12, 13, 14,15,16.....24,25,26.

25/26 is probably better on the slower worlds, although on the quicker worlds you can stay at 24. Again this is personal preference to your own playing style.

While doing this you will want to research axe at some point. With your amount of farming you can easily sustain constant queues in the barracks, stable and HQ. Axe will allow you to clear those few spears left behind by players who no longer wish to see their empty hauls and have decided to stop playing.

Once you come out of bp it is important not to start attacking players with your lc. In fact, you shouldnt need to attack any player unless it is with scouts, and you dont want to scout everyone and make yourself a target.

You will find that your neighbors attack each other and will clear your area for you, nice of them huh? all you need to worry about is your own village and any incomings.

If you are attacking and know you will lose quite a few troops attacking back, diplomacy can be the best course of direction. A tactful mail can get all attacks stopped without losing any troops at all. Remember, you are going to outgrow everyone in your area anyway, that is a given.

You may also up your wall and hiding place, hiding place is under-rated, it is cheap and quickly built as well as highly beneficial when dodging attacks.

While HQ rushing you also need to be aware of your stable and barracks. Remember, a constant queue needs to be at its greatest efficiency to be as beneficial as possible. If your troops queues are becoming hours long, then you definitely need to increase the barracks and stable. [/SPOIL]

4.0 Getting your nobles

[SPOIL] Now you have a high HQ and should easily be top 20, top 10, maybe even top 5. This depends on the worlds competition and how good your area is.

You should at least be top 20 as a by-product of the amount of points you get from HQ whoring.

I shouldnt need to mention that your stable and barracks are still constant and at a level that suites your situation.

Now you need to decide on what to build next. At this time you want to head towards getting an academy, although on the way, you will raise your barracks and stable to around 24/19. The market is simple enough to increase and you will probably already have it at level 10 from all the trading you've been doing.

Your smithy will also be higher than the level 5 it took to get a stable. The reason for this is while you were HQ whoring, you will have had times where nothing was building. During these times you want to add a smithy level. Smithy takes a long time to build which gives you time to farm for the resources for your next HQ.

At this point you will probably be around level 13 smithy and are able to construct a workshop for rams and cats.

7 levels more doesnt seem like a lot, but due to the amount of axe, lc, rams you are now producing, you will need to increase your farm at a greater rate than you use to. This means increasing your warehouse to allow room for the res.

Once you have increased your smithy to 20 and are able to add the academy to the queue, you will probably be on around 29/30 farm level.

While you are minting or storing towards your nobles, make you sure you keep the troop queues going and the HQ. Don't stop queues just to get your nobles quicker.

At this point there wont be much mainly important buildings to construct higher. You will probably want to add the last 1-2 levels to your barracks and stable. That will then mainly leave you with your camps with will most likely be around 10.

Since there is nothing left to build, you may as well increase those camps for the extra income of res, and of course those points (which we dont care about, remember?) Ok we do care about the points, i lied, but i had to persuade you to concentrate more on troops somehow.

You can either noble with 1 noble, or wait for a train, that is another personal decision. It is widely regarded better to get a train so you can expand further out into a new farm area so you can maximize the growth of both villages.

With a train you are also less likely to be backtimed, although perhaps more likely to be sniped by a good player.

Again these are variables in the game that can not be set in stone to guide you.

This guide will help you on your journey to a top account, as long as you use your own common sense alongside it.

~Adam~[/SPOIL]

THE END

Last edited:

DeletedUser103150

You'll become a pro if you consistently follow this guide. Great guide, it was properly explained.

And there's a continuation? That should be obvious, micro farm with the LC ;)

DeletedUser

I don't mean to judge too much here, but why do people keep making guides? Aren't there already 8 or 9 guides that say this exact thing? The only difference is yours has the tutorial. Ummm... Cool story bro?

At least the other guy said things I had never heard of, so it made it kinda funneh to read.

olympus

I don't mean to judge too much here, but why do people keep making guides? Aren't there already 8 or 9 guides that say this exact thing? The only difference is yours has the tutorial. Ummm... Cool story bro?

At least the other guy said things I had never heard of, so it made it kinda funneh to read.

Link me to a guide that is the 'exact' same..

Muldie325

Question: Are you suggesting staying on the 30 spears 10 swords and 10 axes until you have LC?

PS @ chocolate.love, this one includes the new quests.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure I entirely agree with packing your res into lc and avoiding buildings. A que is obviously constant as long as it has one lc in the que. Therefore, you can put a building in que, use the rest of the res to build lc; whether that is 4-700 lc does not really matter. As long as the que is going, it is equally, if not more efficient than simply loading up your lc que.

DeletedUser

Question: Are you suggesting staying on the 30 spears 10 swords and 10 axes until you have LC?

PS @ chocolate.love, this one includes the new quests.

The quests really don't change that much. Just the speed with which you can start farming and I said that above, Quests = Tutorial, seems to be the only difference between this guide and many others.

I'll stop beating the drum. Post your guide. What does it matter in the end...

Muldie325

I'm not sure I entirely agree with packing your res into lc and avoiding buildings. A que is obviously constant as long as it has one lc in the que. Therefore, you can put a building in que, use the rest of the res to build lc; whether that is 4-700 lc does not really matter. As long as the que is going, it is equally, if not more efficient than simply loading up your lc que.

I'm not sure he actually said this.. from what I read he just said you need constant LC first. So yes 1 Lc at a time is fine.. as long as it's constant. Actually 1 lc at a time, constantly, is optimal.

100 Lc as a guideline to how long it takes to get constant queues though? No. For inactive people yes.. or for worlds with low troop speed modifiers like .66 or .5 where you have a bad location. I tend to have LC constantly producing from the moment I research them when playing actively.

olympus

Ok I'll play:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=201807

http://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?t=2930

http://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?t=2081

http://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?t=224

Tell me how your guide is any different? How is yours trodding new ground? Your beating a dead horse mate, one thats been killed long ago.

The first 2 are different strategies, Matt's isnt really anything like this and PP's is also far from this guide. His start up relies heavily on mines.

Since the guides are different in their strategies, they are both different and viable options of how to play start up. Unless you are suggesting that following any of the above guide would be following anothers :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure he actually said this.. from what I read he just said you need constant LC first. So yes 1 Lc at a time is fine.. as long as it's constant. Actually 1 lc at a time, constantly, is optimal.

100 Lc as a guideline to how long it takes to get constant queues though? No. For inactive people yes.. or for worlds with low troop speed modifiers like .66 or .5 where you have a bad location. I tend to have LC constantly producing from the moment I research them when playing actively.

Now this is where many players go wrong, even those that have played for many years. They believe they need to get a set number of LC and then move onto buildings, recruiting LC whenever they have some res left over. This way they increase in points and stay higher ranked, sounds good, right? WRONG! This will help you stay higher in the ranks short term and as i previously said, points are not important.

Before you do anything else you want to make sure that you have LC being produced constantly. It doesnt matter whether you have built 50 and cant keep it constant, or 100. Constant LC in the long term will increase your farming until you reach a point where you have enough to keep them constant.

Perhaps not in those words, but it is clearly implied. Or rather, what is actually meant was not articulated well enough. It seems to me they are inferring you don't worry about buildings at all. Just build LC. Where has they could have said to keep everything going, and NOT to load up on any que. Short ques are far more efficient (as you know).

olympus

Perhaps not in those words, but it is clearly implied. Or rather, what is actually meant was not articulated well enough. It seems to me they are inferring you don't worry about buildings at all. Just build LC. Where has they could have said to keep everything going, and NOT to load up on any que. Short ques are far more efficient (as you know).

What i mean is the lc need to be constantly produced. Whether this is 10 minute queues are 5 hour queues. While you do this the only thing you should build is the farm, warehouse and stable to lower the build time.

But you shouldnt aim to have the HQ constantly building if your lc isnt able to follow suite.

If you can word what i say better so it is easier to understand, feel free to PM me and i will look over it and possibly add it.

DeletedUser100063

those guides exculding matt curr are nothing like this guide
one has massive spear farming not micro
another is based on mines
and SA guide is way to based on your start location

DeletedUser

What's with the Guide Hypes? LoL. Anyways, Start-Up Guides should be posted earlier before the start of the world or else their value is decreased. This guide is excellent at the start or for the next world coz doing this now on world 60 on the rim side with neighbors way up a head with you will likely get you killed. Just my 2 cents. ^^

olympus

I'll agree that it could have been worded better yes.

Depending on your area and personal preference you can increase the spears if you feel the need to.

As i said, 10-15 spear per barb will probably be enough.

5 barbs = 50-75 spear

No set number is meant to be given as there are so many variables to consider for each area.

Muldie325

those guides exculding mattcurr are nothing like this guide

I don't call mattcurrs guide a guide as it just lists questions you should ask yourself without giving much in the way of how to interpret the answers. It is however, completely different to this guide, in that it does not tell you what to do step by step, but rather attempts to provide the tools to decide for yourself.

olympus

What's with the Guide Hypes? LoL. Anyways, Start-Up Guides should be posted earlier before the start of the world or else their value is decreased. This guide is excellent at the start or for the next world coz doing this now on world 60 on the rim side with neighbors way up a head with you will likely get you killed. Just my 2 cents. ^^

Double post :S

As far as i'm aware, W60 was the first quest world across the bord?

In which case it would have been impossible to create a guide prior to the world as nobody knew the quests.