Rejected by Developer Add a limit to Wall Construction Time Reductions Based on a Maximum Reduction %

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
As it currently stands, a wall can be boosted from level 0 to 20 in seconds with the use of PP.
With this setup, there are two downfalls.

1) The player without PP is at a much larger disadvantage as a defender.
2) When facing PP players the number of tactics possible is suddenly reduced. (It forces to time all attacks within a second of each other.)

To tackle both problems with one solution, I propose Walls have slightly different PP time reductions than other buildings.
That is, only allowing halving the construction time of the wall until it reaches or surpasses a certain % of the total time.

This solution will make it so that a wall can still be constructed much faster using PP, but prevent a wall from being upgraded from 0 to 20 in mere seconds.
Thus some variety of tactics will be restored to attackers no matter who is defending.

Example with limit of 75%:

Level 20 Wall that takes 11:17:15 to complete can be halved in construction time until 08:27:56 has been reduced by the use of PP making the wall take a minimum of 02:49:18 to complete.

Math:
11:17:15 * 75% = 08:27:56 (maximum theoretical reduction)
11:17:15 - 08:27:56 = 02:49:18 (minimum theoretical duration)

Let's try a code example to calculate the reduction.
(totalDuration calculated using time to seconds convertor: https://www.calculateme.com/time/seconds/to-hours-minutes-seconds/ )

JavaScript:
const reductionLimit = 0.75; //Percent as decimal
const totalDuration = 40635; //Seconds

var maximumReduction = totalDuration * reductionLimit;
var totalReduced = 0;
var timeLeft = totalDuration;

function canReduceTime() {
    return totalReduced < maximumReduction;
}

function reduceTime() {
    var reductionAmount = timeLeft / 2;
    totalReduced += reductionAmount;
    timeLeft -= reductionAmount;
}

function secondsToHMS(seconds) {
    var date = new Date(0);
    date.setSeconds(seconds);
    return date.toISOString().substr(11, 8);
}

while(canReduceTime()) {
    reduceTime();
}

console.log("Theoretial reduction: " + secondsToHMS(maximumReduction));
console.log("Actual reduction: " + secondsToHMS(totalReduced));
console.log("Time left after reducing: " + secondsToHMS(timeLeft));

Run it online: https://jsfiddle.net/hv02swuy/

Results for the lvl 20 wall taking 11:17:15 with...

A reduction limit of up to 75% :
  • "Theoretical reduction: 08:27:56"
  • "Actual reduction: 08:27:56"
  • "Time left after reducing: 02:49:18"
A reduction limit of up to 90% :
  • "Theoretical reduction: 10:09:31"
  • "Actual reduction: 10:34:55"
  • "Time left after reducing: 00:42:19"

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
75% max reduction was an example, I assume if accepted by the developers that a 90%+ maximum reduction would be chosen.
Another note is, this should cause premium point instant completion to not be available on walls.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Can you imagine the amount of money would lose if this was implemented?

Gets my vote

Alushu

Reaction score
Even if there's a 99% chance this wouldn't get implemented... They'd probably make wall pping more expensive just to make up for it, this would be an amazing to counter mass pp usage. Gets my vote 100%

Deleted User - 848983838

yes yes yes.

late game this is one of the biggest advantages, your tribe can have just one whale who sends premium to members being opped and they just keep pumping that wall back up, literally buying their villages essentially by being able to keep them longer. simply cannot compete with this without money sicne all your farmed premium for the most part will e going to growth to keep up with the money the whales already have

Reaction score
As much as I do like the convenience of being able to up the wall fast in an emergency, I do like the fact that this will help to level the playing field, somewhat.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think this would be important to open up the ability to run ops that are at least partially untimed against heavy pp players. They can force you into timing your ops, and while that can be valid for certain reasons, it's also incredibly easy to see coming, and harder to fake hitting somewhere else, making it easier to defend. Even when you remove their ability to pp the wall, you're still losing just because you have less tools in the toolbox.

LordLorderson

Reaction score
We need more suggestions like this that "reduce" the PP usage fom insane-PP players whilst Inno make their money.
Win-win.Cheers for the suggestion.

Deleted User - 848983838

that surprises me that you wouldn't want this in regular worlds.

Deleted User - 848983838

so 9 votes against and so far the only one has given a half assed response on why they wouldn't want this implemented.

besides the obvious (embarrassing) reasoning, why people wouldn't want this implemented? the only downside I can see is in worlds where you have rank 1 or 2 twice as big as all the other whales is that they can likely afford to reduce walls more often if there's a price increase in pping walls up as well which I don't think is actually under consideration just something that someone said could possibly happen.

to be fair im honestly even surprised this was even put up to vote etc (and id be even more shocked if it was actually implemented because of how much pp people spend on walls mid/late game)

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
so 9 votes against and so far the only one has given a half assed response on why they wouldn't want this implemented.

besides the obvious (embarrassing) reasoning, why people wouldn't want this implemented? the only downside I can see is in worlds where you have rank 1 or 2 twice as big as all the other whales is that they can likely afford to reduce walls more often if there's a price increase in pping walls up as well which I don't think is actually under consideration just something that someone said could possibly happen.

to be fair im honestly even surprised this was even put up to vote etc (and id be even more shocked if it was actually implemented because of how much pp people spend on walls mid/late game)

I'm sure they can increase the cost to offset it if they like, also the lack of instant complete on lower levels may make it more expensive to PP the lower levels. I may itch to create a cost PP model.

Also about the no voters, a couple have admitted they thought they clicked yes, and the no was a mistake.

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I voted no simply because If I want a wall from 0-20 I'll spend my pp how I please.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I'm sure they can increase the cost to offset it if they like, also the lack of instant complete on lower levels may make it more expensive to PP the lower levels. I may itch to create a cost PP model.

Also about the no voters, a couple have admitted they thought they clicked yes, and the no was a mistake.

I assume you want to keep the 3 min free instant upgrade but remove the 10 min instant upgrade for PP? not sure how much that would impact the lower levels since 75% (or 90%) would prob get you to close to 3 min upgrade time...

Also i would like to see this done to all buildings and not just wall, would cripple the usage of PP to get your catted vills back up (= making fanging more efficient to break players), and remove PP spenders have their huge advantage in early game with getting the villages up in no time, like this:
e85e64308f06eb18f77c262631b93ee3.png

Deleted User - 848983838

too much money for them to even consider gettting rid of that even though its broken af.

at least the potential wall suggestion limits their late game wallet effectiveness because its ridiculous how big your wallet is impacts your level of defending essentially.