Addressing universal issues with 96

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
anyways, off subject. my next question is why didn't you all in the tw community reject p2w when it was first enacted?

Feel free to look back to when that happened. We did reject it quite toroughly.
I remember proposing to my council to just mass delete our tribe for example, though we did want to win... So we did not.
I'm afraid that the community itself was to strong for some groups, I mean that the people enjoyed spending time with eachother. Which means we couldn't just "abandon" this game in protest.

It's not like we could veto a decision made by Innogames.

Squela

alright, why do you make premades when you know that the increasingly shrinking worlds, or rather players that make it to midgame, will only make up about a fourth of the world? when did premades become the norm?
This game is largely dependent on the social aspect of making friends and playing together as a team to be successful and win the world. When it comes to playing on a new world, many people here have played many worlds by now and have come to make many friends that they wish to play with on the next world. Thus, premades were born.

Anyone who has played a new world alone knows how hard it is to get into a decent tribe that will make it past the early stages of the game. That is why people tend to want to play with others that they know will stick around and do well enough to make it past the early stages.

Personally, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore if it weren't for the friends that I have made that have dragged me back to the game over and over. That is the same with many of the people who have played this game for many years.

Oops forgot to post after I wrote this

DeletedUser

Premades win worlds more often nowadays because the map is smaller.

Whether it be in old or new worlds, if a decent enough premade started in a continent, they were probably going to win it. There generally just isn't a strong enough player base within a single continent to oppose a top premade, whether it be talent or leadership ability. In older worlds that was fine, because there was over 50 other continents. On W60, my little outer-core K tribe was separated from the best premades by three to six continents. Yes, Valour which was the closest thing to Obey in W60 in the early game was nearly five times as big as SPAM, our tribe needed time to find its groove and for players to get battle toughened. This is what happens when your tribe doesn't consist of the best players plucked from other world winning tribes. We had to rely more on teamwork.

In newer worlds, if you win a core continent, you essentially get control of 1/4 of the world and are in the endgame unless your tribe implodes internally. This is what makes premades so powerful, they essentially guarantee you getting that continent whilst tribes led locally often don't have enough time to find their mojo. Those slow trudging wars that give players experience don't work on newer worlds because by that point Obey or whoever is over twice your size.

And yes it sucks in my opinion, I'm only in Obey because I like to be in good tribes and being in bad ones frustrates me. I also don't have the motivation to try found my own at the moment so Obey is the next best thing. Yes Obey are very likely to win, but unfortunately that's what the game has come to since it has become less popular leading to smaller worlds and P2W features that are far easier for more experienced players to abuse.

universal thought

anyways, off subject. my next question is why didn't you all in the tw community reject p2w when it was first enacted?
holly, you're respected enough that you could have led the charge against p2w. so could a number of active respected players. why did you all embrace this?

universal thought

Feel free to look back to when that happened. We did reject it quite toroughly.
I remember proposing to my council to just mass delete our tribe for example, though we did want to win... So we did not.
I'm afraid that the community itself was to strong for some groups, I mean that the people enjoyed spending time with eachother. Which means we couldn't just "abandon" this game in protest.

It's not like we could veto a decision made by Innogames.
what do you think I did? it's easy. just don't care so much about winning worlds

DeletedUser93439

holly, you're respected enough that you could have led the charge against p2w. so could a number of active respected players. why did you all embrace this?
In an hour or so I'm home and I will give you a detailed response if you want, but in essence, we did protest, not just the community, even the managers tried to work around it, including morthy.

We didn't embrace it, we decided to use it to our advantage without actually paying to win

DeletedUser

I think the last ten worlds have all been won or are being won by premades if that gives any encouragement.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
personally I exclusively play in premades because I need to feel some sort of connection to my tribe to care about any world I play

that requires a certain minimum level of player competence,leadership competence etc,and having some people that I recognize from past worlds and know I work well together with is nice as well

premades are really the only way to be reasonably certain of getting that going into a world,i've certainly been in premades that have fallen apart(even early on) but i've enjoyed myself at least for a while in every premade i've been in and I simply can't say the same thing about non premades

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score

I remember years back mentioning to others that I was proud that .net was the last server to not have P2W, and hopefully I did remember that right. Because it also implied that we would eventually have it as well.

I also remember somewhat talking about making our own server that would not have a P2W system on it, as you could rent server yourself. But ultimately... This is a game... I'm not going to spend even more of my free time working on something like this, because I simply don't enjoy such things. What I do enjoy though is spending time with friends both on and offline. And just mess around. Be it here, in PUBG, Dota2 or anywhere else.

You ask me to lead a charge against P2W, but what do I care? You can circumvent the system by preparing a few worlds in advance or simply buy the PP. Get enough co's to share the load.
I'm here for fun, I "buy" my entertainment elsewhere, might as well do it here.

Bottom line, it's a succesful business model and none of our consumers have the power to stop them if it has already been proven elsewhere.

DivineWind

Reaction score
premades have become a part of the base game, but heres a suggestion, maybe not a good one but a possible way to keep the worlds (slightly) more balanced. if, based on a gentlemens agreement people would agree to limiting their premades to half of the member limit for tribes. this would allow for more good tribes to come up into the mid game and also give newer players without the experience or contacts have the oppurtunity to prove themselves and play the game at the top level.

im not saying its a perfect solution to the issue with premades, but its better than the way it is. of course it only works based on a gentlemans agreement among the veteran players. kind of all depends on whether people want an unearned win or a more enjoyable world i guess

DeletedUser93439

Guys. Neutral.

Don't go on aggressive nor defensive. If you have nothing to add to either of the two questions or no question of yourself to be posed, simply don't post.

universal thought

holly, I never said anything about making a new server. I just meant beating other people with experience and skill. surely that would be possible for you. I still don't understand how being in a premade is more fun than starting a tribe and standing up for yourselves, but that's just me I guess.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
holly, I never said anything about making a new server. I just meant beating other people with experience and skill. surely that would be possible for you. I still don't understand how being in a premade is more fun than starting a tribe and standing up for yourselves, but that's just me I guess.

The new server was an idea that was floating around when P2W came to .net years ago.

Experience and skill... Sure, if I'm backline in a tribe and don't have to worry much about my account, I could try other ways to ensure my tribe does well. And I usually do, but sometimes I do just enjoy playing you know? :) I played like that on W83 and while it was fun, I do found myself somewhat out of touch with my own tribe as I wasn't participating in OP's and just focused more on our enemies than our allies. But just playing normally? I may be experienced, but I've never been a great player. Besides the major limiting factor for me is my job, since I work in a lab where there's a risk for explosions so no phones allowed, and TW is blocked on the computers as well. Which means 9h every day I can't play TW. + I do sometimes need sleep you know.

And more fun? Nah. It's more challenging sure, but I prefer spending time with friends over challenging myself in this game for sure.

Squela

Everyone has their own preferences of course. Some prefer a new start, a new beginning. Others prefer to play with their friends for fun, and there are those who want to win by getting the best players in the best lineup possible.

I've started tribes with random players and recruits on multiple worlds, but being a duke of less active, random players is never as fun as playing with people who know what they're doing. Of course, I've made friends from those random players and moved on to other worlds to play with them and get better with them as well, but at the end of the day, playing with people I enjoy playing with is the most fun for me.

universal thought

I think there's a plateau when it comes to skill in a videogame. once you learn all the game mechanics, what else is left? but I get what you're saying and everyone has their own way of playing. whatever is most fun for you is the way to play

universal thought

do you feel bad about making such well planned premade on such a small world? will you do the same on the next world even though it will be even smaller? where do you draw the line?

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
do you feel bad about making such well planned premade on such a small world? will you do the same on the next world even though it will be even smaller? where do you draw the line?

No, I don't feel bad.
Rather than asking me, how about I ask you. Do you not feel bad nobling that 2K pointer next to you when you're already 4K?

Your question now implies we ought to feel guilt and should noble barbs only.
This is a rough game, always has been.