Ads? On my twstats???

mondragon

Reaction score
So I'm a stats junkie who uses twstats as a sort of bootleg stock market to fuel my daily craving for dopamine. And imagine my surprise when I check the site and lo and behold I get ad popups after nearly every single URL I click. Now I know my dear innogames is an absolutely upstanding group of citizens who would never go as far as to put profits before the well-being of their dear community. So what in heck could be causing these pop-ups for janky-ass cookie clicker garbage games when all I want is to see is how my total return on emotional investment is doing over a four-week timeframe?

It makes no sense.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So what in heck could be causing these pop-ups for janky-ass cookie clicker garbage games when all I want is to see is how my total return on emotional investment is doing over a four-week timeframe?

You may be unaware of this, but TW Stats is a project that belongs to an independent party and does not belong to Tribal Wars and/or InnoGames. You'd need to reach out to the owner, but I assume ads are so that TW Stats is funded and not costing the person any money given how much data is stored on its server :)

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
You may be unaware of this, but TW Stats is a project that belongs to an independent party and does not belong to Tribal Wars and/or InnoGames. You'd need to reach out to the owner, but I assume ads are so that TW Stats is funded and not costing the person any money given how much data is stored on its server :)
Is there a reason why TWstats isnt "supported"/owned by Innogames, even though ingame link you to it?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Is there a reason why TWstats isnt "supported"/owned by Innogames, even though ingame link you to it?

An individual created it to enhance game-play and that person is the owner of TWStats.

Easiest way to explain it is to consider it like a game mod. Games are owned by a company, but they don't own the mods which are created by the gamers to enhance game-play :)

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
So I'm a stats junkie who uses twstats as a sort of bootleg stock market to fuel my daily craving for dopamine. And imagine my surprise when I check the site and lo and behold I get ad popups after nearly every single URL I click. Now I know my dear innogames is an absolutely upstanding group of citizens who would never go as far as to put profits before the well-being of their dear community. So what in heck could be causing these pop-ups for janky-ass cookie clicker garbage games when all I want is to see is how my total return on emotional investment is doing over a four-week timeframe?

It makes no sense.

You can block ads like those easily by either using a privacy oriented browser such as Firefox, Brave, or Opera;
Or a privacy oriented extension that blocks trackers and ads such as DDG privacy essentials, or ABP;
Or replacing your hosts file with mvps hosts file.

Anyways, good luck and feel free to private message me if you still need additional help getting rid of the ads.