Advice for dealing with heavy P2W player?

Jude7780

Reaction score
I've just recently rejoined the game after a long break - I left before any P2W elements were added. I've been building up for the past 5 or 6 days on the rim of W97, I'm doing okay and am enjoying the game again. However, yesterday (22nd) at 10am a player started near me - He's now at just short of 3000 points and it's seeming very likely he'll have his 2nd village before he leaves beginners protection and I can deal with him, on the 27th.

I'm wondering what's the best way to deal with this kind of player? I'm thinking of putting a few levels into my rax, rushing an academy and catting down his farm to stop him building up in the mean time - However, given he can simply purchase more resources and he's clearly been heavily spending to speeding up his building, i'm not sure if I could ever keep him down long enough. The player's less than 4 hours away by noble and he's not farming at all, if that changes the equation any (though I also can't farm from tomorrow onward due to the Christmas break, this will likely put me further behind him as he'll have access to near-infinite resources to build up troops, while I can't farm for them)

I'm not able to just relocate, I've already used that to be closer to a friend's side of the world (he's too far away to help directly). I'm not able to simply out-spend him, as I can't just drop a few $100 dollars on a game, like this guy seems to have (resources hit 90 per premium when this guy was properly building up, just to get a single camp to 26 would have cost him near $40 worth). Given people here are likely more experienced with this sort of thing, does anyone have any ideas on how best to deal with it? I'm really enjoying getting back into the game again, but this is a real problem that's quickly killing my enjoyment.

Michael Corleone.

lmao you are SOL...'stuff' outta luck buddy. game dont care about player like you who wont spend money.

enjoy getting nobled out by some kid who used his dads credit card. its the harsh reality today unfortunately

Upvote 0

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Join the biggest tribe in your area or the tribe of that player. That's the only way to stop yourself getting destroyed.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser119759

Come on guys. Help the person out! for crying out loud.

1. Focus on heavy defense
2. try to make friends with that player
3. join a local tribe near you
4. log on every hr to check on your village and to farm
5. keep your pts low. focus on troops troops.
6. rinse and repeat

Upvote 0

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Come on guys. Help the person out! for crying out loud.

1. Focus on heavy defense
2. try to make friends with that player
3. join a local tribe near you
4. log on every hr to check on your village and to farm
5. keep your pts low. focus on troops troops.
6. rinse and repeat

Meanwhile the guy will noble everyone else in the area and eventually come for the player once he's huge. You can't win by sabotaging your own growth. You've just got to play nice with the guy and try get him on your side.

Upvote 0

Jude7780

Reaction score
Thanks to all of those who gave advice. He can't rush troops, but every bit of damage I do is simply fixed faster than I can deal it. I couldn't attack him when he was in beginners protection, and I can't fight what's now 2 villages and counting. Thanks for the advice everyone, but I know a loosing situation when I see it.

This game isn't what it was, it's quite disappointing what it seems to have warped into. I have great memories of the game, it was a large part of growing up - writing basic scripts for the game got me into coding and led me to the job i'm in now. I guess i'll just have to be happy with only those memories, though.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser121485

Are you aware of the fact you can sell resources for PP now?
Farm PP yourself in W97 and work your way to the top in W98 with the farmed PP points is the only way I guess...
If you can't beat them, join them!

Upvote 0