AIDS has spread to the W90 Forums

DeletedUser

In recent history, there has been a plague that has devastated Tribal Wars. I am not talking about Pay to Win or any efforts by Innogames to ruin the game. I am talking about the Tribal Wars community's effort to ruin the game, the premade. Allow me to demonstrate this briefly by looking at the tribe that won or most likely to win on the past 10 worlds.

World 80: Regime (Premade)
World 81: LRO (Grass Roots)
World 82: CGI~DA (Grass Roots)
World 83: AM (Premade)
World 84: TAG (Premade)
World 85: Rabid (Premade)
World 86: MORS (Premade)
World 87: STD (Premade)
World 88: AM (Premade)
World 89: @Night (Premade)

Yes there are a few technicalities there, for example W83 AM was a win by the merger of two different premades, @Night is only most people's bet to win W89 and it is slightly too early to tell since the world is young. That said, of the last 10 worlds, 8 of them will probably be won by premades, the two tribes I've listed as grass roots I'm not even sure about. If you were a betting man, you'd probably be looking towards the premade thread on this forum to see who is going to win W90.

There has always been one thing, beyond anything else, that I have hated about Tribal Wars. See Tribal Wars is pretty similar to real life, if you start from the bottom, you will most likely stay there. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is the way society, should those in power have their way, is set up. In Tribal Wars, the Tribe is everything. Only the top 0.1% get to be part of the premades that are most probably going to win W90, we only ever hear about the 0.1% in the history books, only the 0.1% get to be in the best tribes. It is an exclusive club where the majority of top players choose only to play and interact with other top players.

That small percentage have their boot on the rest of the community. The average player, the bad player, the new player joins a mediocre tribe, they spend their days in their mediocre tribe. No matter how hard they work or want to progress, the likeliness is they will end the world rimmed, then they will still be average or bad the next world. They are then consigned into joining an average or bad tribe because they do not have the opportunity to join a good one and the cycle continues. Even if one wants to learn and improve, you are still learning within a bad tribe, you do not even know what you do not know. This causes the newer worlds to be battles between the few premades or like in W87 where I lead STD, a one man stomping crew with no competition. It is this culture that causes worlds to be boring outside of the pockets of competition which causes players to leave worlds. Contrary to popular belief, I believe it was the rise of the premade, of the elitist clique that spelled the downfall of Tribal Wars.

This brings me to myself. I am Nemesis., the leader and founder of the AIDS family. I am here to introduce my tribe to this world. AIDS combines lots of things which the general public forum reader and the elitist hates. We have three tribes in the top 15. We talk diplomacy with a lot of highly ranked tribes that are soon to join our alliance. We already have close to 150 members less than a day into the world which is only going to increase over time. We do not have recruitment standards, you do not need X number of points or troops or X years of experience, our tribe is one that anyone, provided they have the activity, can join.

Our goal though is simple.

If they are the one, we are the many. If they are closed to new players, we are open. If they are the hero, then we are the demon. We want these tribes that ruin the fun of Tribal Wars to be put into disrepute, to be shamed and looked down upon similar to how family tribes were in the early part of the game. We are the educator, the opportunity giver, the helper. Everyone needs AIDS, we are the cure.

I know not how long we will last, or how seriously this goal will be taken considering that I am leading the rank 1 tribe in W87, but whilst I am here and have the energy in me, I will be fighting for what I believe in: A Tribal Wars that everyone can enjoy at a high level.

I have come from that 0.1%, I have won many a world as part of a premade, I've been in many of the tribes I listed above. Not anymore. I no longer want to play noob farming simulator or noob rimming simulator. Not anymore, enough is enough.

DeletedUser112461

Everyone needs AIDS, we are the cure.

giphy.gif

I don't know about that one...

Epic Pandas

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, I don't think you really know what you are talking about. World 84 - TAG will win the world, don't think there's any doubt at this point. However, TAG is made up of two tribes, neither of which are premades. There's Noobs, which was 4 players who started the world to PP farm and mess around and later decided to play seriously. But by definition, we were not a premade - we did not plan to play the world and go for the world win, that just came along later on when we were in a good position. Likewise, the other tribe that made up the merge was the WHY family, which was also not a premade - it was a tribe built from scratch once the world started.

So honey, I think you need to get your facts straight.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

DeletedUser88324

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, I don't think you really know what you are talking about. World 84 - TAG will win the world, don't think there's any doubt at this point. However, TAG is made up of two tribes, neither of which are premades. There's Noobs, which was 4 players who started the world to PP farm and mess around and later decided to play seriously. But by definition, we were not a premade - we did not plan to play the world and go for the world win, that just came along later on when we were in a good position. Likewise, the other tribe that made up the merge was the WHY family, which was also not a premade - it was a tribe built from scratch once the world started.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Noobs recruited their members from the world, 85% of which, none of the original 5 members knew..

As for Why, they were a family tribe before merging with Noobs.

punk4life

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Try reading again what the man said very slowly so you don't trip over your own tongue in wonderment:D

DeletedUser

If that is the case, then it is my mistake, I have to run two tribes (well 5) and I wrote this somewhat on a whim as something to partially pump up the guys. I can't 100% guarantee the accuracy of what I wrote when it comes to worlds I haven't played since I don't know the history but am looking at stuff like TWstats and word of mouth instead, I know a lot of them because I have been in said tribes but I never played W84 and am not particularly privy to the history so I will cede that point. I still think the overall argument remains unchanged.

StubbyNinj4

I think the 'elitist culture' that has developed in the best players here has been a big factor in the lowered popularity of tribal wars. Established players would sooner farm and noble new players than take the time to help and teach them which has led to reduced world size, which in turn makes it even harder for new players as it is much more likely to spawn next to a strong payer and be destroyed early. Mentoring and casual worlds are a nice attempt to help new players learn but are ultimately too little too late I fear.

Now the worlds have shrunk to the point where inno needs to sellout to make worlds economically viable driving more and more players to leave through frustration at players dominating by 'buying' their early game success.

DeletedUser88324

If that is the case, then it is my mistake, I have to run two tribes (well 5) and I wrote this somewhat on a whim as something to partially pump up the guys. I can't 100% guarantee the accuracy of what I wrote when it comes to worlds I haven't played since I don't know the history but am looking at stuff like TWstats and word of mouth instead, I know a lot of them because I have been in said tribes but I never played W84 and am not particularly privy to the history so I will cede that point. I still think the overall argument remains unchanged.

Nah it's ok. I think i understand where you are coming from though, and I must say, i tend to agree with you on most of what you said. Even tho Premades are not winning every world (because as we know, most premades will have all those egotistical players with difficult personalities who find it very hard to coexist with the fact that someone else may be better then they are, and end up having in-tribe problems that bring them down), the mentallity of most of these premades is causing new players to not want to continue playing the game, as they find it hard to get to par with others because they never enter into the consideration of these "elites", nor do they get a chance to grow in knowledge and skill.

It's sad that most people do not reflect and understand that they themselves were once a newby, and had someone take them under their wing and teach them things, not just skills, but mentor them as well.

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
There has always been one thing, beyond anything else, that I have hated about Tribal Wars. See Tribal Wars is pretty similar to real life, if you start from the bottom, you will most likely stay there.

I just cannot agree with this observation. I started Tribal Wars at the bottom and I climbed my way up learning as much as I could from whoever would help teach me. I also spent a lot of time learning skills on my own as well. I have now won 3 worlds and will win a 4th in a few months. I play with a great group of guys now, but we are always willing to bring players in and give them a chance. All we ask is activity and a desire to improve.

Unfortunately, I have run into many TW players who don't want to learn and they just want the easy way. There is no easy path to becoming a better player. It requires work and dedication and also being willing to take advice without getting defensive.

DeletedUser

I think for every success story there are far more stories of continued failure. Take myself for example, I've gotten to the point where I'm probably able to join most tribes just based on my resume. That said, for the first 5 years of playing this game, where I played every day and looked up guides, I sucked. I was in one good tribe for 3 months, I learned more about the game in that 3 months than I had learned for the 5 years beforehand. See I asked for advice too a lot, but I'd get told the wrong stuff because the best person in my tribe was also bad or just the most talkative and arrogant rather than the best so I got the wrong stuff told to me which I followed. I played far more seriously and tried harder when I sucked than when I became good. It was pretty much irrelevant to becoming good in my case. Lying and forging past history was how I got the opportunity to progress to the top.

Pretty much if I had not invited the guy to my tribe, I'd be farming the same guy from my area in W90 that I did in W87. Is he a nice guy who plays the game to the best of his ability? Sure. He objectively is terrible compared to me and doesn't have the first clue what he is doing.

As for premades, I think they only lose at the moment due to internal factors or other premades. Egos and inactivity basically, other tribes cannot challenge them because most of the good leaders do premades anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm not a proponent of the idea that working hard and trying your best and asking for your advice will make you the best player in TW. I don't think it would make most players even half as good as myself, nevermind the best.

Doing those things should make you a good player though. You don't have to be in the same tribe as someone to learn from them. Playing on a top account, I have received mails from random players asking for help and advice. I built a lot of long lasting relationships with players in enemy tribes and other tribes by simply mailing with them or talking with them on skype. Making connections goes a long ways into getting in a position where you can learn more. Not everyone is going to be the best, but if you are motivated enough you can become a better player.

DeletedUser

You need to do more than just ask for advice. It's rare to do well your first world unless you are really being guided. However over the years I have met many players (both enemies and allies) that I have talked to/watched and learned from (and am still learning from). In the end though no matter how good you are, if you are not active enough to be on nightly you won't reach top 5 in most worlds.

Although, I do agree - there are a lot more unsuccessful players than players who adapt and become successful.

DeletedUser118278

Activity is all, if your good or bad.. It dosen't really matter..

DeletedUser

I think the problem is we are talking about the theoretical. People can do this and do that and it is nice and all. I think having a dream that most people can progress if only they put in the work makes people feel better but doesn't match up to the reality. It is about the likelihood of this outcome happening and how big of a factor luck is (as opposed to hard work, though obviously both factor). Most new people just get wrecked out of BP or get bored and quit the game. Most people who get beyond that find themselves in tribes that suck, the enemies they get cleared by are players that then get cleared by the players who get nobled by the players who get nobled by me.

Activity for sure is also a factor as is luck, but I can do more with one login every day than someone else could if they stared at the computer all day

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Activity for sure is also a factor as is luck, but I can do more with one login every day than someone else could if they stared at the computer all day.

Early game maybe, but mid to late I don't see this being true. Especially if needing to defend/attack properly.

DeletedUser

I am talking about bad players here, the vast majority don't get to mid-late, especially on these smaller worlds.

DeletedUser111495

I'm always happy to help some players out, I'm not an expert but can help those starting from scratch, however I think it takes some time for players to improve regardless of your mentor.

Reason why Premades seems to win most world's or do generally better is yes skill is generally higher but also communication, sure you can have 150 members, but if they can't time support or do a decent Op they will only last so long.

Also problem is people want to win worlds ASAP and by the easiest way possible so a lot of merging takes place and the less skilled/Lower rank players get eaten...

And having a solid group of players with good rep will scare a lot of tribes off, every time a decent tribe declares on someone they crumble and people jump ship, not something that's new and not something that's going to change...

I like what you are proposing DA however its too late and won't work, only 1 tribe can win the world so invite everyone but eventually people will start eating people ;)

If any new player reading the forums wants some help then message me in game... IGN: Elsa

Last edited:

DeletedUser119303

Only 2-3% of these players will ever be likely to make the top 1% but well played for trying. Almost every good player has in common that we learnt from others. If this breeds a new generation of top players I welcome it. I'll be keeping a close eye on your tribe (alliance?) over the coming months.