AIDS has spread to the W90 Forums

DeletedUser117049

There are two things to remember in TW. Nicki rules all. And I rule Nicki.

Every post in this forum should read "I, (insert your name), am so noob compaired to Nicki it makes me sad."

I miss some of your faces.

Enjoy the random spam for old times....

J out

DeletedUser112461

There are two things to remember in TW. Nicki rules all. And I rule Nicki.

Every post in this forum should read "I, (insert your name), am so noob compaired to Nicki it makes me sad."

I miss some of your faces.

Enjoy the random spam for old times....

J out
I, TreX, am so noob compared to Jake it makes me happy he is my coplayer :)

rhiur9.gif

omg I can't with you two, so adorable. Yaaaas Nicki appreciation thread

DeletedUser

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, I don't think you really know what you are talking about. World 84 - TAG will win the world, don't think there's any doubt at this point. However, TAG is made up of two tribes, neither of which are premades. There's Noobs, which was 4 players who started the world to PP farm and mess around and later decided to play seriously. But by definition, we were not a premade - we did not plan to play the world and go for the world win, that just came along later on when we were in a good position. Likewise, the other tribe that made up the merge was the WHY family, which was also not a premade - it was a tribe built from scratch once the world started.

So honey, I think you need to get your facts straight.

xoxoxoxoxoxox
It can be a challenge reasoning with someone who's anecdotal evidence rules the day. "Yesterday it rained here, it must be raining everywhere."

The Nemesis asserted that of the last 10 worlds, 8-9 of them were won by "pre mades." You then claimed to contradict that by giving 1 example of where he was wrong.

"So honey, I think you need to get your facts straight."

Epic Pandas

The Nemesis asserted that of the last 10 worlds, 8-9 of them were won by "pre mades." You then claimed to contradict that by giving 1 example of where he was wrong.

"So honey, I think you need to get your facts straight."

This is cute. DA made a whole bunch of claims, one of them being "World 84: TAG (Premade)". If you actually read my post, I refuted the claim that the W84 winning tribe (to be) isn't a premade. I didn't say anything about anyone else or the other tribes, simply that he is wrong in saying that TAG was a premade. So, to quote myself: "So honey, I think you need to get your facts straight."

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Tribal Wars has evolved and changed over the years. To say that premade tribes ruined the game is not entirely correct. When Tribal Wars started there was no real end game goal. It was just "let's throw a bunch of people in a world and see what happens." Tribes were formed in order to survive in the world. War of course was going to happen from time to time, but there was no serious goal from the start to win the world by total dominance.

World 12 changed all of that. The top tribe DNY had effectively demolished any competition they had. DNY was led by visionaries who had one goal - to end the world with total dominance. When that goal was started I have no idea, and I'm not sure if any of the old DNY members are still around to ask. This goal was unheard of at the time, and no one knew what would happen when the goal was reached. No one knew until Morthy's first end game announcement of World 12.

The end game announcement for World 12 with DNY winning the world changed the course of TW history. Suddenly there was a new goal: to win. As world 12 became closed suddenly more and more worlds were following suit as these players were eager to get their names into TW history.

As new worlds were formed after the closing of World 12, the strategy had changed. Players do not want to enter the world to survive, players want to enter the world to win. The desire to win is what made the premade so popular. Before this, the premade was popular in speed worlds. But speed worlds usually only last a few days and even an experienced player could have trouble there because it requires major commitment in time. Those of you who have played speed know what I'm talking about. Anyway, when new worlds start people want to make premade tribes for the purpose of winning the world.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Premades were common before W12 though.
STONED in W6, Birds (They had another name before Frisky changed it though, but I forgot.) in W7, CEG in W8, NGR in W9, IBAN in W10 and XiG in W12. All premades. (I was a baron in all except STONED.)

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Premades were common before W12 though.
STONED in W6, Birds (They had another name before Frisky changed it though, but I forgot.) in W7, CEG in W8, NGR in W9, IBAN in W10 and XiG in W12. All premades. (I was a baron in all except STONED.)

Oh, thanks for correcting me.

So premades have essentially been around forever. I would suggest premades are now winning worlds because of the "Let's win the world" mentality instead of "Let's play this world and see how long we last."

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for correcting me.

So premades have essentially been around forever. I would suggest premades are now winning worlds because of the "Let's win the world" mentality instead of "Let's play this world and see how long we last."

I'm not sure if the mentality has really changed though, back then people formed premades because they wanted to win as well. They'd gather the strongest players they could and aim for a victory.
The only problem with that back in the old days, was that there were far more people on a world. Winning a world within a year was simply impossible. You'd have to control over 50 K's to achieve that.
People got bored, jumped worlds (There were new worlds Pennine much faster than these days, so if your startup went bad you could give up and try again elsewhere) or just couldn't handle the pressure of knowing you'd be invested in this world for years and years.

I don't think the mentality changed, I think the game and its community changed. Now it IS possible for a premade to win a world without having to recruit many people to replenish or without having to swap the people in the leading roles. The time investment is smaller and the competition is often less.