Akinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Am I going to be the only one here who has enough guts to bring this up? I dont mean to come across as a total a-hole (although I generally do) but that was really idiotic / stupid of you BD.

Why on earth would you bother reporting stuff like this? Was there any point? Did this offend or speak against you in any way? Familiar with the term tattle tale? It describes you perfectly.
Why did I report it. Well, I'll give you a few reasons I find good enough for reporting such threads / posts. You might disagree with me, but so be it. There's nothing I can do about that.

First of all, even if it does not affect me it is breaking the rules. As you might've realized the rules are made to keep these forums as good as possible. I think everyone should follow the rules, and read the rules. I know it's boring but it only takes a few minutes, and if everyone did that we would not have situations like this. When telling Mark that his thread was breaking the rules he did not know why, and I doubt he was alone not knowing why. I reported it to put an example (sorry Mark). I want people to know the consequences of breaking the rules. I want them to think twice before breaking them, because it will result in bans / infractions / warnings. Either because people report them, or because the mods see the posts. Now I could have been a real "tattle tale" (to use that word) and reported without telling Mark I did so, but that wouldn't do an good, would it? I knew reporting him would make me look like an asshole, but even if it did I wanted to make it clear to people, including Mark, that following the rules usually is the best sollution.

Another reason for reporting this, and generally for reporting posts / threads are to help the moderators. I don't think many people realize that modding these forums actually takes a while, if people keep breaking the rules there will always be bans, and the moderators will always have a lot to do. However, if we as members of the forum help the moderators, and by doing as I did, help each other in the long term (as already explained, by showing them the consequences) people hopefully will learn the rules and there will be less infractions.

I did not do this because I dislike Mark. Mark is awesome, but even if that's my opinion of Mark I still chose to report him, because I think it's the right thing to do. Not because I like it. I hated doing it, I really did. But because of the reasons listed above I chose to report it. I might've taken the wroong decision, maybe it isn't even a good enough reason for getting infracted, I do not know, but what I know is that saying the term "tattle tale" describes me perfectly is rather unfair. Do you even know me well enough to know what describes me as a person?

@ Mark:
Sorry for reporting you, and I hope you understand that it's not something I enjoy doing :( Let's hope the moderators infract me for reporting without having a good enough reason instead of you, eh? Seriously, though. Sorry Mark :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Reported. Sorry Mark :/

EDIT
was fun, though... He was quite close, I was thinking of Sagara Sousuke from Full Metal Panic Fumoffu?! (awesome manga / anime) and he guess Suzaku Kururugi (from Code Geass, another great manga/anime)

EDIT EDIT
he got it right when I pressed "more questions" :)

You an absolute bender if you reported

Why did I report it. Well, I'll give you a few reasons I find good enough for reporting such threads / posts. You might disagree with me, but so be it. There's nothing I can do about that.

First of all, even if it does not affect me it is breaking the rules. As you might've realized the rules are made to keep these forums as good as possible. I think everyone should follow the rules, and read the rules. I know it's boring but it only takes a few minutes, and if everyone did that we would not have situations like this. When telling Mark that his thread was breaking the rules he did not know why, and I doubt he was alone not knowing why. I reported it to put an example (sorry Mark). I want people to know the consequences of breaking the rules. I want them to think twice before breaking them, because it will result in bans / infractions / warnings. Either because people report them, or because the mods see the posts. Now I could have been a real "tattle tale" (to use that word) and reported without telling Mark I did so, but that wouldn't do an good, would it? I knew reporting him would make me look like an asshole, but even if it did I wanted to make it clear to people, including Mark, that following the rules usually is the best sollution.

Another reason for reporting this, and generally for reporting posts / threads are to help the moderators. I don't think many people realize that modding these forums actually takes a while, if people keep breaking the rules there will always be bans, and the moderators will always have a lot to do. However, if we as members of the forum help the moderators, and by doing as I did, help each other in the long term (as already explained, by showing them the consequences) people hopefully will learn the rules and there will be less infractions.

I did not do this because I dislike Mark. Mark is awesome, but even if that's my opinion of Mark I still chose to report him, because I think it's the right thing to do. Not because I like it. I hated doing it, I really did. But because of the reasons listed above I chose to report it. I might've taken the wroong decision, maybe it isn't even a good enough reason for getting infracted, I do not know, but what I know is that saying the term "tattle tale" describes me perfectly is rather unfair. Do you even know me well enough to know what describes me as a person?

@ Mark:
Sorry for reporting you, and I hope you understand that it's not something I enjoy doing :( Let's hope the moderators infract me for reporting without having a good enough reason instead of you, eh? Seriously, though. Sorry Mark :icon_cry:

You're an absolute bender

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Easy enough to point out someones error after shooting them...

Mods do have a hard time and they are appreciated by alot of people, those who dont usually are the ones breaking rules.

Don't quite get the 'yep, that's right, i reported you' that seems to come across from your post, ok he's done wrong but as you said, he probably didn't know and if you need to write such a long justification you must know that whats been said will be problem causing :icon_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.