Am I insane?

Garrock

Was considering playing the next world using Openeye's (a variation of it) HC nuke/spear HC D, with the exception of the first village, quite strictly... just for kicks. Can you play it at top 10 level? Has the game evolved such that it won't work? I think Openeye was quite low on HC count, but I think I can do it....

Then another idea occurred to me... build an entire tribe from that philosophy.. sadly, only 1 or 2 of my friends who have committed to the next premade are in for it.

So my goal will be to build a select low member count tribe that plays top 5-10... as well as to personally play top 5-10, using this strategy....

If only dreams come true.

DeletedUser

Was considering playing the next world using Openeye's (a variation of it) HC nuke/spear HC D, with the exception of the first village, quite strictly... just for kicks. Can you play it at top 10 level? Has the game evolved such that it won't work? I think Openeye was quite low on HC count, but I think I can do it....

Then another idea occurred to me... build an entire tribe from that philosophy.. sadly, only 1 or 2 of my friends who have committed to the next premade are in for it.

So my goal will be to build a select low member count tribe that plays top 5-10... as well as to personally play top 5-10, using this strategy....

Lol. you wont be able to. his guide is good for new players... but not if you want to play competitively.

Garrock

That's the challenge then isn't?

.... And players have played competitively using it... though probably not since the older worlds.

yes, I agree it is a good strategy for beginners, or players who lack the time to play at the higher levels.

DeletedUser

That's the challenge then isn't?

.... And players have played competitively using it... though probably not since the older worlds.

yes, I agree it is a good strategy for beginners, or players who lack the time to play at the higher levels.

Yeah but why would you want to make it a challenge that way.

if i want a challenge, i just bite off more than i think i can chew. Ie, im trying to noble someone with 5 villages right now. I have 1. lol. Just got my train. i dont expect it to go well, but its a challenge if he destroys my train - especially since he has cats incoming to my village, probably to remove my smithy.

Garrock

hahaha, I'm doing something quite similar... and from a top 10 tribe, while I am untribed... but, honestly, done similar things before. I think I can make this work, the biggest problem will be start-up... been there done that so many times... why not do something just for the fun of it, and maybe, just maybe prove it can be done.

DeletedUser

hahaha, I'm doing something quite similar... and from a top 10 tribe, while I am untribed... but, honestly, done similar things before. I think I can make this work, the biggest problem will be start-up... been there done that so many times... why not do something just for the fun of it, and maybe, just maybe prove it can be done.

Not to brag or anything, but

Defender: 00bie
Destination: Error 404 - 00bie not found (837|672) K68

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender's troops, that were in transit
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Haul: 0/xxx
Loyalty: Dropped from 19 to -2

DeletedUser

We had over 60% of us running HC strat on w32 for the longest time, and were successful with it, our tribe mandate was that they had to have L3 HC / L3 SP in all villages, so some had LC offense, and that we wouldn't have L3 SW. It's a viable strategy that does work, as long as your tribe is quick to react, and change direction. But that's the beauty of the strategy, it gives you the ability to defend quickly, snipe from anywhere, and stack quicker, even if it's not quite as strong as defending with Swords.

If played right, it is very viable.

That said it's really best as a team strategy.
Kilga used to alwyas play HC, and he was top 5.

DeletedUser

We had over 60% of us running HC strat on w32 for the longest time, and were successful with it, our tribe mandate was that they had to have L3 HC / L3 SP in all villages, so some had LC offense, and that we wouldn't have L3 SW. It's a viable strategy that does work, as long as your tribe is quick to react, and change direction. But that's the beauty of the strategy, it gives you the ability to defend quickly, snipe from anywhere, and stack quicker, even if it's not quite as strong as defending with Swords.

I use the berry Strat...

DeletedUser

All are very valid points, but the HC strat is not so easy to use early game. Ie, if you want to play offensively at the start you need a level 15 smithy before you can build cavalry.

HC cost more than LC, which early game is costly.

Not to mention they cost more iron than swords per unit, and early game, again, iron is something you will be very short of because of using your nukes.

Further, w32 is a 15 tech world. HC strat loses a bit of validity once you hit simple tech, especially offensively.

Then you have archers on a lot of newer worlds...

Kilga may have been a very good player, and been a top 5 player on w32, but the first few months are a totally different kettle of fish... as im sure you & your w32 tribesmates are aware, many of them playing w61

DeletedUser

Im down. Ive never tried it before :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Im down if you'll have me sounds like fun

DeletedUser

All are very valid points, but the HC strat is not so easy to use early game. Ie, if you want to play offensively at the start you need a level 15 smithy before you can build cavalry.

HC cost more than LC, which early game is costly.

Not to mention they cost more iron than swords per unit, and early game, again, iron is something you will be very short of because of using your nukes.

Further, w32 is a 15 tech world. HC strat loses a bit of validity once you hit simple tech, especially offensively.

Then you have archers on a lot of newer worlds...

Kilga may have been a very good player, and been a top 5 player on w32, but the first few months are a totally different kettle of fish... as im sure you & your w32 tribesmates are aware, many of them playing w61

While this is true, your first village is rarely HC, and when you hit the 2nd, 3rd & 4th village stage, you can have adapted to correct your deficiencies in Iron, to a point. But your right, L.C. is an easier start up strategy. Openeye's isnt' for the feignt of heart early on. As for simple tech & archer worlds, I'd assume if he's looking to do Openeye's strat, he'd look for a world that makes best use of it.

Kilga9 is/was a beast, anywhere he played, for an extended period of time, and he played up to the 140 village mark, which isn't super long, but at least entering mid game. Thinking back he may not have been top 5 actually, but he was always of a solid rank, honestly I put very little into ranks as this is a team game, and most of my concepts I've grown with are team concepts.

As for the w61 crew, very few are actually playing there, only a couple were playing seriously, and most have already quit just because they couldn't stomach another go quite yet.. I was surprised to hear they even started so soon lol.