Implemented AM Improvement - Farm upgrades

General Iroh

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Hello

As a quality of life change, I want to suggest a better system to manage farm upgrades through the use of AM.

Currently AM will attempt to queue a farm upgrade once the farm population has reached 0 or has insufficient space to queue the next building.
The farm upgrade itself usually takes serveral hours, making it an inefficient option due to the losses of serveral hours where no troops can be produced.
How most accounts are doing this right now is by creating a dynamic group and manually upgrading farms so the troop recruitment has a 100% uptime.

When creating a construction template, it's also very hard to calculate when you would need to upgrade your farm.

What if you could change AM in a way where you can use a 'buffer' when you would like the next farm upgrade to be upgraded. For example;

052dbe14d7c2e2546eb423faf672bbae.png

This would be very useful;
please consider it;
Nox

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I see the reasoning behind it, but we are close to a point where AM can play the game more efficiently than a player which essentially makes it function like a bot.

I'm against this suggestion for that reason, as it removes another human control element of the game.

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, why not waste all of your time by micromanaging everything. The biggest reason this game was never meant to be "sustaining" (still made a lot of money for inno so...) is because its timeconsuming aspect. A big reason why there are a lot of cheaters too. This game shouldn't be about being up all night or recruiting 1 by 1 or building by your own hand. This game should be about tactics and strategy. Like defending and attacking or the start of IKEA on w111. Why do you need to waste hours and hours for some extra resources from farming. And that makes you a better player which in reality you might not be. You are just wasting more time of your life than others. So I'm upvoting anything that makes life easier and the game less timeconsuming I still cherish scavenging (and the new script from sophie) and WT.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@Kamikazee

Your comments about what the game 'should be about' is irrelevant. As is the view on cheaters. People cheat for all sorts of reasons. This suggestion won't in any way prevent cheating from occurring.

The suggestion you are responding to won't mean you get hours and hours less farming time. What it means is that you can avoid having 'down-time' of troop building in the event of being farm-locked. That requires a small amount of forward thinking and strategy - which, as you said, is exactly what this game is about.

There's a difference between micro-managing, and being able to log off and come back a week later to an account whose villages are in the same condition as someone who logs in 2-3 hours a day.

Micro-managing would involve no use of AM at all.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
DS-20600
95% yes with 20 yes votes before poll got accidentally wiped. Counts recovered from cache.

Last edited: