An announcement from Domino

DeletedUser

Hello to all in World 38, and any interested observers.

To those who don’t know me I am the current co-Duke of Domino, alongside Queen Aphrodite.

Domino have been at war with NATO for over two years; a respectable period by any terms. To be honest, Domino have been at war with someone since the very early days of W38 - NUTS, Excite, E, HOG, Asylum, Art, [O]; to name but a few of our past protagonists. With pride, we note that we have comprehensively seen off all challengers up to this point, until we were left with NATO – the only other ‘early-day’ Tribe who remained standing. It has been a good war, generally fought in good spirit, and thankfully with little animosity on either side…which I know has disappointed some external viewers as it led to a lack of entertaining PnP on these forums. Sorry for that! Ever since Togepi and Mark Harrison left we (W38) have been unremittingly rubbish on the forums.

My original declaration on NATO can be found ...
Domino-declare-on-NATO

Around 6 months ago it became clear that we had reached a clear tipping-point (in Domino’s favour) in our war with NATO.

Side 1:
Tribes: NATO
Side 2:
Tribes: Domino

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 8,955
Side 2: 27,598
Difference: 18,643

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 82,046,864
Side 2: 261,873,428
Difference: 179,826,564

chart

Side 1:
Tribes: NATO
Side 2:
Tribes: Domino

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 396
Side 2: 7,464
Difference: 7,068

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 3,735,951
Side 2: 71,508,361
Difference: 67,772,410

chart

By any reasonable measure Domino has won this war, and as such we claim victory.

To reach the arbitrary figure of 85% for a TW-defined victory would require another 6-9 months of low-level warfare, plus the ever-depressing nobling of barbs and inactives. As the figures above show, there would be little pleasure or satisfaction in this. So after discussions with Noche (Duke of NATO), we will be ceasing hostilities tomorrow, and I will be issuing Domino invites to the majority of NATO active players, again as discussed and agreed with Noche. All being well, this will end the war tomorrow - 16th February.

We tip our hats to NATO, and the core members who refused to quit or fall over. Their ‘never-say-die’ attitude is a credit to them and their leadership. Earlier events, most notably actions caused by the 'tattered' account, will have made your job even more difficult than it needed to be.

I also salute all the players in Domino who have worked tirelessly for over three and a half years to get us to this position. The endless Ops, support-count requests, faking – all of the day-to-day work you have done was worth it. You are members of a very elite club, an original tribe that started nearly on day one of a world with a plan to get to a position of unassailable dominance – and then made it happen.

(There will be further posts from me in the days to come with some comments on W38 history, plus a little info about Domino that some people may find vaguely interesting.)

Thanks,

Rho.

Last edited by a moderator:

noche

Reaction score
Yes, Rhovani0n, it has been a long war. One that was not expected in NATO. Starting as a rim tribe and being here to the end is a credit to all NATO players, past and present. There remains a number of original players in NATO who stood by me despite the increasing odds.

We concede the win to Domino. But we have the victory of being one of the original tribes that remained to the end. It is a job well done by NATO. The credit goes to each of you for your perseverance and daily logging in despite the chore at the end of tagging and defending.

I wish to thank Domino for the respect offered to these players who have made the war last to this point. And for the invitation to Domino that will allow us to continue to the end.

It has been a good war. My hat is off to NATO. You have done well.

DeletedUser

Well done to both sides, wish I had been there to see it out too

DeletedUser

I would like to add my thanks and congratulations to everyone in Domino for their fantastic team work and their great dedication to the tribe and the game. You are a truly wonderful group of people. Thank you for all your hard work. It has been such an honour and privilege to play alongside you.

Also I would like to add my thanks to all in NATO - you have stuck together though some tough times and have fought back hard and given us a great war. You truly have won our respect and you should be very proud. Throughout it all you have played honourably and without any nastiness and we are honoured to have so many of you joining us now.

Well done to everyone in W38

Love Tracey
aka Queen Aphrodite
co Duke of Domino

Internal Server Error

'Bout time.

Congratulations to both NATO and Domino, but of course, moreso to Domino.

DeletedUser

It goes without saying we owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to you ISE. You were a key factor in the tribes success.

Thank you so much for all the time you spent with us.

We had a great team but I really dont think we could have made it without you. :)

Your in-game profile said it all xxx

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
...Ever since Togepi and Mark Harrison left we (W38) have been unremittingly rubbish on the forums...

...We tip our hats to NATO, and the core members who refused to quit or fall over. Their ‘never-say-die’ attitude is a credit to them and their leadership. Earlier events, most notably actions caused by the 'tattered' account, will have made your job even more difficult than it needed to be...

Firstly, I'm honoured that you'd even remember me, let alone mention me in the same breath as Togepi, who was, after all, not only YOUR Diplomat, but someone who I regard as a personal hero in terms of how TW Diplomacy should be done.

Secondly, but more importantly, congratulations to Domino and NATO in this war.

I am not surprised that Domino did so well, being a tribe I've always liked and respected.

I am a bit surprised that Nato did so well, coming, as noche says, from a rim tribe, and being a newly emerging gang about the time I left W38. However, their showing against Domino makes me feel less bad about the number of villages they took from me in my final days as an active player.

Thirdly, and most importantly of all... W38 has been a singular pleasure to participate in, and then to 'watch every few months'. There's been what I can only describe as 'sportsmanship' about it - no vitriol, no personal insults, just people enjoying the game, whether they happened to be 'winning' or 'losing.'

I can't believe it will be long before W38 closes, and I hope that those who remain will A: have a physical wrap party in London, and B: invite me :)

DeletedUser102496

You all should make a premake tribe on new world when this world ends. Use them 1K,2K,3K premium points lol

DeletedUser

Mark! you came back! good to see you! or are you co-ing in Domino?

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Mark! you came back! good to see you! or are you co-ing in Domino?

No. Tracey did offer (a couple of years ago), but I don't have the time (or, let's be honest, the skill) to play at that level.

I've dipped into the odd world over the last couple of years, never more than one village, but not really found a niche...

HuGgY.

Always nice to nip in from time to time to see how this world has been getting a long, and got to say a huge congrats to domino for winning this world and also to NATO, back when i was around, i couldn't of imagined you guys still being here at the end!

But yeah, well done to domino's past or present players, the work you guys and gals have put into that tribe from day one is brilliant, deserved winners, hopefully see you all on some future worlds! :D