An Open letter to Ming The Mercilious

DeletedUser121174

Actually, the vast majority of people don't pp abuse, in fact, more people just farm pp from a minority that spends 100s of thousands every world.

For some, it's extremely impossible to invest a substantial amount of time just to gain pp just to boost in another world but it is great that the remaining community has found ways to adapt around this. Future favours evolution

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So you join every world randomly and gang up with new players and train them? How exactly do you fight against the elite players?
With a wife , 3 kids at home a full time job Im not going to sit here and teach new players here how to play when i dont even have time to do the things my kids want me to do.

New players are old enough to read for themselves to learn how to play or find someone willing

DeletedUser121174

With a wife , 3 kids at home a full time job Im not going to sit here and teach new players here how to play when i dont even have time to do the things my kids want me to do.

New players are old enough to read for themselves to learn how to play or find someone willing

Okay, sure thing but you said you were fighting the elites or something along those lines, how so exactly?

Deleted User - 10618707

He doesn't understand the words in which he writes.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Okay, sure thing but you said you were fighting the elites or something along those lines, how so exactly?

Balain is like one of those street hecklers with a box and a megaphone. He goes on semi-coherent rants about society and how 'fat cats are ruining the economy' and all that sort of nonsense.

Your best bet is to just nod politely and continue on your way last you accidentally draw his attention and he directs his tirade at your personally

Garrock

I find it difficult in todays state to call anyone elite. I've never liked the term anyway, good players, great players, but very few elites have ever played this game, and quite honestly I haven't seen one in years beyond a brief glimpse of a 1 or 2 villages start-up. Neither should those players who come to these forums and pound their chests declaring their greatness be considered elites. I've out played the best, and been out played by them, every world provides twists, and turns, and events that determine such courses. As for elites, my list is very small, and I'm not sure anyone of them continues to play.

Last edited:

DeletedUser120206

I find it difficult in todays state to call anyone elite. I've never liked the term anyway, good players, great players, but very few elites have ever played this game, and quite honestly I haven't seen one in years beyond a brief glimpse of a 1 or 2 villages start-up. Neither should those players who come to these forums and pound their chests declaring their greatness be considered elites. I've out played the best, and been out played by them, every world provides twists, and turns, and events that determine such courses. As for elites, my list is very small, and I'm not sure anyone of them continues to play.

Finally someone is speaking common sense. Fair play Garrock. Not much ya can do when there's way too many wannabes around calling for attention, from what I've heard of ya.. you aren't one of them.

~Patrick

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
THIS ^

Deleted User - 10618707

beep-beep-grab-yourcrayons-and-helmet-cetonthe-short-bus-memes-com-13823140.png

Just a random pic, totally one without any implications

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i honestly cant believe someone made a forum post about this loser lol

he is far from a vet btw just someone who likes to spend money on barbs

I understood that doing so would stir something up... these forums are boring... and my best times had in this game was some good ole fashioned memes and tribe "propaganda" in the public forums..... Ming doesn't deserve any notoriety nor any sort of infamy. But I felt on behalf of the noobs that were lead to the slaughter, the only justice they, and I could get was seeing more enemies crush what he built. I also wanted to bring up of what I was sure was a dead horse issue about "elites" and P2W.... yeah elites don't exist... but players no doubt run around acting and behaving like they do... form TW gangs and attack who ever doesn't agree with them... :p

there's definitely some Epic players and leaders I got to play with in the past... and no doubt there's a few great and epic players currently...

but

I'm just doing my best to have fun.... and sometimes as an adult talking can be fun... atlest when the trolls come out.

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Dear fellow players and Ming The mercilious

In my opinion TW a game that I hold dear, due to the endless amount of fun and countless hours I spent on this game, has declined. I believe so because after nearly being apart of this gaming community for a decade (under many names) it seems that the elites have finally won! There are still few new players that join this community and start off as how we all did... alone scared and full of hope that they too could win a world! Yet there are some of you here that would take advantage of the naïve and new, using their ignorance of the game to support your goals. One such player is Ming the Mercilious... This player has created a tribe "Japanese Empire" with a ragtag group of noobs and some skilled players looking to have fun together. When I joined it seemed like a fun group and active enough to were disbandment was not a indication of Mings motives. The tribe was in a conflict with a much larger and possibly far more experienced tribe but not fearing a good time I stuck with the tribe and did my best to help and support. Everything was going fine as far as a weaker opponent goes... we supported each other and responded to request for support. we stuck together and did our best to keep morale up. a few members left and some joined the enemy. I wont lie I also thought of jumping ship but knew that if more members left especially active supporters, it would lead to the decline of the tribe. We had allies Ming! we could have moved the active into one of our allies better fortifying our position against our enemies and bringing in new active members into the fold. yet you Disbanded the tribe with no warning and left us all out to dry. you used your members troops to save your own and built up yourself... now this is not new... Ive been in many worlds where this stunt is pulled and it sucks but its how the cookie crumbles in this game. But my purpose of this open letter is not only towards you but to the many "elites" that seek to secure themselves rather then build the community up by helping and building up new players and bringing them into the community by engaging them correctly. by using new players for your own means and then leaving them to fend for themselves in the hard world of TW you and many others secure the demise of this game by closing the door on new players of which this game needs more of! not less! this wouldn't also have been an issue for me until I joined with you in W96 and the same stunt was pulled on a larger scale... I hope you get rimmed by knock! both times your excuse was because members were being recruited by the enemy or leaving or just not joining...rather then take ownership as leader of the tribe you choose to disband the tribe after forcing your members to defend you support you and build you... any tribe that accepts this player into their tribe risks the inevitable manipulation of its members.

~DP77~
Very well written. Not all old and successful players do things like this. But whoever does and call themselves elites gets eaten in midgame or end game.