And the merges go on and on..

kurlnova

w47 merged as a boycott to Inno removing Army camps half way through the world completely changing that worlds gaming style.

If w48 merged it's cause were nubs.

Wow that sucks. I wanted to try Army camps, was it that worth it to throw the world? Sounds like it...

I think the merging is more an artifact of it being an early world. There are still so many tribes on 48 that are big enough to "hire" the five good ones, eat the other 10 inactives and shed the remaining 10 or 15 part-timers who run out of time. And depending on the size of the two entities in question, it could be a merge or a mass recruitment.

For instance, when eQu brought in BURN and Sad Pandaz, those were the largest mass recruitments we had done and I don't think we'd want to do that again only because we don't like recruiting on that scale. But we don't have the problems and characteristics that one sees after a merge, which is why I consider those two to be more along the lines of mass recruitment.

To me, a merge is taking two significantly sized tribes and mashing them together under one or a new identity. They are hard to do and have a reputation for failure because of the difficulties that abound when you combine two cultures (it's like trying to form Japan and China into one nation - wouldn't work). They cause a massive and sudden slow-down in tribal activity, a lot of disorganization abounds, and you get groups forming inside the tribe that are "waiting for it to fail" and just plodding along. Again, eQu experienced none of these things after bringing in BURN and Sad Pandaz.

Anyway, just thought I'd point out that world 48 is still young. I still feel we haven't seen our first truly major war or truly major tribe. We're not in the earliest of stages, but we aren't even to early maturity yet. I suspect the first truly major war will occur in the next 4-6 months. I'd put it sooner if the Christmas "dive" wasn't around the corner.

Conner84

And now cota and pirana merge , this world is so exciting , soon all the fun will drained out of it :(

Repinski

-COTA- merging with PIRANA will only succeed in making BUZZ put more attention on PIRANA. We've been giving them next to no attention other than Wizpat whom they recruit from -XIII- and is no longer playing and is being sat. He quit after losing more than half his villages in 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

-COTA- merging with PIRANA will only succeed in making BUZZ put more attention on PIRANA. We've been giving them next to no attention other than Wizpat whom they recruit from -XIII- and is no longer playing and is being sat. He quit after losing more than half his villages in 2 weeks.

Good for buzz. their stats against one tribe go up......