Anime 2.0

DeletedUser100750

Not that serious just so many people here watch it, and a few of my friends do (no, were not nerds we all play sports)

So figured I give it a shot, and see what I'm missing.

DeletedUser100750

I thought it was kinda funny about the star wars thing:D

I'll give it a shot, and see what its like thanks.

DeletedUser100750

.....'Nerds' don't play sports? :icon_eek:

:icon_rolleyes:

So many people assume if someone watches stuff like anime then your a nerd. So figured I put that out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser100750

have no idea what that means.

(assumes that means nerd in some language.)

DeletedUser

Like I said, pick something from my list lol It's hard to give you a particular show cause there are too many amazing ones out there.

Start with...Code Geass, then venture towards some Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood. Then check out FLCL. Then D.Grey-Man. Then Deathnote. While your at it, check out the big name anime like Bleach,Naruto,One Piece.

If you're serious about anime then I suggest you start w/ some Hayao Miyazaki movies: Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, etc...

I think that watching some Miyazaki films would be a good starting point. Yes, some of them are pretty strange, but their popular and mainstream. Full metal alchemist or death note would be good as you suggested because of the same reason. Heh, don't watch FLCL for awhile after you're into anime, because it's weird and random(but hilarious).

Guy above: Otaku is someone who is obsessed with anime/manga. The equivalent to a film buff or a book worm.

DeletedUser

I think that watching some Miyazaki films would be a good starting point. Yes, some of them are pretty strange, but their popular and mainstream. Full metal alchemist or death note would be good as you suggested because of the same reason. Heh, don't watch FLCL for awhile after you're into anime, because it's weird and random(but hilarious).

Guy above: Otaku is someone who is obsessed with anime/manga. The equivalent to a film buff or a book worm.

Yea with FLCL, I added it so that he could get a taste of various styles. I randomly threw a bunch out there haha He should also watch Rurouni Kenshin to get the Meiji Era anime style with samurai.

DeletedUser

It's not restricted to just one medium. You can be a music otaku, computer otaku, unicorn sculpting otaku, etc.

But ya. Anime. Welcome to the NHK is a nice and random one.

DeletedUser100750

Well I'm not a film buff, or a book worm (although a good book like hunger games was nice)

I guess I'm a jock idk

DeletedUser

Update: Anime and Manga of the week is posted on the front page! I will be choosing a manga and anime each week and displaying them on the front page for all who are interested >:3

DeletedUser

Anime of the Week
25254.jpg

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo

Synopsis: Seika High School, once an all-boys school notorious for its wild students and for generally being a terrifying place for girls, has recently become a co-ed school. With the female population still a minority and living in fear of the over-the-top antics of the males, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow the girls to feel safe in the rough environment.

Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her hard-earned reputation is threatened when the popular, attractive, and somewhat impassive Usui Takumi takes an interest in her after discovering her in a maid uniform after school. (info)

en alive, while some kill others in desperation. Now Akira and a few other survivors are trying to survive what seems to be a Anime
http://www.goodanime.net/
http://www.animedreaming.tv/

Manga
http://www.mangareader.net/
http://www.mangafox.com/

HAHA Jubei you're awesome. ka chou wa maid sama is my 2nd fave anime next to Bleach and i'm currently re-watching that anime. Misaki Ayuzawa the only anime girl i've ever fallen for :icon_redface:

also.
Anime: Animeseason.com
Manga: Manga-access.com

DeletedUser

HAHA Jubei you're awesome. ka chou wa maid sama is my 2nd fave anime next to Bleach and i'm currently re-watching that anime. Misaki Ayuzawa the only anime girl i've ever fallen for :icon_redface:

also.
Anime: Animeseason.com
Manga: Manga-access.com

lol indeed, Misaki is such an adorable chracter :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

yeah, just finished episode 12...hoping to finish by weeks end with all 26.